What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Liberal Media Bias (1 Viewer)

Varmint

Footballguy
For those of you who like being lied to or still don't feel stupid about that "Hope & Change" bumper sticker on the back of your Prius...keep getting your information from ABC, CBS, MSNBC or any other of the liberal media outlets.

If you want to know the TRUTH....check out this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTy0mjgzarE

Keep up with the lies by book marking:

http://cnsnews.com/

http://newsbusters.org/

Like I said...if you enjoy being lied to....don't bother.

For those of you who like being lied to or still don't feel stupid about that "Hope & Change" bumper sticker on the back of your Prius...keep getting your information from ABC, CBS, MSNBC or any other of the liberal media outlets.

There's the right lie out there for everyone.

Now, if you happen to pull your head out just long enough to watch the video you would have seen what it is.

Typical.

What the hell is going on? Full moon? We need MC Gas Monkey to come back and restore some sanity to this place.

Now, if you happen to pull your head out just long enough to watch the video you would have seen what it is.

Typical.
The first person to speak is Mark Levin. If I listen to his show, it is for the comedy aspect of it. The guy is a loon to the 10th degree. Why would I continue watching whatever propaganda that youtube video is?

:lol: :lol: save the 14 minutes of your life and not watch.

Yeah. Just because the other side is lying does not mean your side is telling the truth.

Typical.
The first person to speak is Mark Levin. If I listen to his show, it is for the comedy aspect of it. The guy is a loon to the 10th degree. Why would I continue watching whatever propaganda that youtube video is? :lol: :lol: save the 14 minutes of your life and not watch.
I like my news like I like my bread: un-Levin-ed.

Thank you, 13 years of Catholic school for that joke.

Some of us prefer liberal bias to right wing kookery. I'm plenty aware that it's biased, but thanks for beating your drum again.

Good luck with Romney in 16!

Some of us prefer liberal bias to right wing kookery. I'm plenty aware that it's biased, but thanks for beating your drum again.

Good luck with Romney in 16!
:o The left is admitting the liberal bias with the MSM,,,? When did this happen? Awesome!!!!

Politics became so much more tolerable once I realized that extreme liberals and extreme conservatives are remarkably similar to Curly and Moe.

The bias in media is to the almighty dollar. I'll buy the liberal bias meme when the majority of guests on every Sunday talk show aren't from the right.

Since most Americans are liberal doesn't it make sense that most media is liberal?

Kookrage.

Since most Americans are liberal doesn't it make sense that most media is liberal?

Kookrage.
Judging by the distribution in Congress (The People's House)....I'd say that your statement is untrue.

One side or the other....I cannot see why anyone would WANT to be lied to. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
How is Mark Levin, from among hundreds of conservative talk show hosts (talk about dominating a market) so incredibly popular? That guy has the most annoying voice I've ever heard on radio outside of Myron Cope.

How is Mark Levin, from among hundreds of conservative talk show hosts (talk about dominating a market) so incredibly popular? That guy has the most annoying voice I've ever heard on radio outside of Myron Cope.
Although he is quite "theatrical" and VERY irritating ...he does expose many of the lies that people are gobbling up like candy.

You just have to get past the presentation.

Please tell me this show will be running through the midterm elections?
Oh...it WILL go on through the elections...

Then, when the left has lost domination in our govt., everyone will switch sides and it will get worse.

It will be the left's turn to ##### about the govt.

Hate this meme. Of all political arguments made in the last 20 years from the right or the left , this one may have done the most damage. (The liberal bias argument is actually much older than 20 years; Joe McCarthy and Spiro Agnew used it, but it was Rush Limbaugh who popularized the idea among the Republican masses as a means, IMO, to promote talk radio and his own own show.)

It's so dangerous because it causes half of this country to seek out their own truth instead of a more general truth that everyone can accept. They reject anything from CNN, The Tines, the Post, etc., that threatens to contradict their political philosophy. Their minds are made up.

Hate this meme. Of all political arguments made in the last 20 years from the right or the left , this one may have done the most damage. (The liberal bias argument is actually much older than 20 years; Joe McCarthy and Spiro Agnew used it, but it was Rush Limbaugh who popularized the idea among the Republican masses as a means, IMO, to promote talk radio and his own own show.)

It's so dangerous because it causes half of this country to seek out their own truth instead of a more general truth that everyone can accept. They reject anything from CNN, The Tines, the Post, etc., that threatens to contradict their political philosophy. Their minds are made up.
Jeez just watch the view, or Okrah Winnefred or any tv sitcom if you want to see how "biased" things are......

Although he is quite "theatrical" and VERY irritating ...he does expose many of the lies that people are gobbling up like candy.You just have to get past the presentation.
I know lots of people listen to the Limbaughs and Levins every day, but it's still pretty astonishing when their disciples start spouting their crap. I know fear is a powerful tool that is used to sell all kinds of things, but still...

Seriously??

You actually believe what you see on CNN is the entire truth???

You seriously believe that the media does not lean left?

There are two examples in the video in the OP.

Go to 8:43

Watch THAT and then explain.

"There is none so blind as those who will not see".

Dude...you are a fool for not questioning what you hear....from either side of an issue.

If you believe what you hear without checking it out...you are a fool and deserve what you get.

Although he is quite "theatrical" and VERY irritating ...he does expose many of the lies that people are gobbling up like candy.You just have to get past the presentation.
I know lots of people listen to the Limbaughs and Levins every day, but it's still pretty astonishing when their disciples start spouting their crap. I know fear is a powerful tool that is used to sell all kinds of things, but still...
It's election season. Time to fire back up the fear machine.

Jeez just watch the view, or Okrah Winnefred or any tv sitcom if you want to see how "biased" things are......
WTF???

Seriously??You actually believe what you see on CNN is the entire truth???

You seriously believe that the media does not lean left?

There are two examples in the video in the OP.

Go to 8:43

Watch THAT and then explain.

"There is none so blind as those who will not see".

Dude...you are a fool for not questioning what you hear....from either side of an issue.

If you believe what you hear without checking it out...you are a fool and deserve what you get.
Everytime you post you sound like a chain email.

There's a thread around somewhere cataloging some of the more egregious examples of liberal bias in the media. Like when CNN fact checked that SNL Obama skit.

There's a thread around somewhere cataloging some of the more egregious examples of liberal bias in the media. Like when CNN fact checked that SNL Obama skit.
If you look for anything hard enough, you'll find it. The progressive show Democracy Now, believes that CNN promotes a "corporate capitalist agenda", and they offer plenty of evidence. Critics of Israel complain that our media is heavily biased toward Israel, and they offer plenty of examples. The press secretary of the President, whoever he or she is, from whichever political party is currently in power, constantly complains that the news places the President in a negative light- this last I certainly believe to be true as a general long-lasting rule.

Personally I've noticed that there are certain points of view which are absolutely taboo in the mainstream media. Every conservative opinion, all the way to the most extreme right, is given serious attention. But the left is this country (such as progressives like NC Commish), are rarely given a voice on television. And certain subjects can never be broached- for example, criticism of the United States military, especially the common soldier, is never OK.

The worst time for the news media in recent years, IMO, was between October 2001 and around 2006, in the aftermath of 9/11 and the invasion of Iraq. All of the major news networks had the American flag running partway through their screen. All of them appeared to support the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and we were treated to story after story of heroic troops, the bravery of individual soldiers, and the total demonization of our enemies. Just as during World War II, the news basically served as a propaganda tool for the US government. This only began to go away when the wars started to fail.

The answer here is very simple: secession

How about Varmint, Jim, Peens and all the rest of you "patriots" go chat it up over at TinFoilHatGuys.com? Also, you might have to purchase that domain first.

Problem solved!

the people on the right call is the Liberal media, the people on the left call is the corporate media.

I was at the bar 2 months ago and started talking to this conservative, he said that fox news is to liberal for his household,he is part of the Savage Nation. and that is where I will find the truth.

The answer here is very simple: secession

How about Varmint, Jim, Peens and all the rest of you "patriots" go chat it up over at TinFoilHatGuys.com? Also, you might have to purchase that domain first.

Problem solved!
If my state wanted to roll id be all for it. Blouses to you all.....

the people on the right call is the Liberal media, the people on the left call is the corporate media.

I was at the bar 2 months ago and started talking to this conservative, he said that fox news is to liberal for his household,he is part of the Savage Nation. and that is where I will find the truth.
You can meet all kinds of whackos at the bar. I met a guy that told me as a teacher, it was my duty to only teach the truth and that the Bible and the Constitution were the only real truths. I explained that algebra didn't really have anything to do with the Bible and the Constitution. "Then stop teaching it and start spreading the truth to the kids instead." I tried to explain that I had to teach algebra in algebra class. He told me I was selling my soul and throwing my country away by doing so. When he found out that I had black kids in my math class, he asked, in all seriousness, "are they able to do math?"

You can meet all kinds of whackos at the bar. I met a guy that told me as a teacher, it was my duty to only teach the truth and that the Bible and the Constitution were the only real truths. I explained that algebra didn't really have anything to do with the Bible and the Constitution. "Then stop teaching it and start spreading the truth to the kids instead." I tried to explain that I had to teach algebra in algebra class. He told me I was selling my soul and throwing my country away by doing so. When he found out that I had black kids in my math class, he asked, in all seriousness, "are they able to do math?"
Doesn't surprise me in the least that he'd ask that. I've heard Rush Limbaugh tell a joke from time to time about black teens:

They don't know how to add or subtract, but they sure can multiply!!

Funny isn't it? Of course Rush was only kidding around...

Always a good idea to talk politics and religion at a bar.

If you think cnn is biased too far to the left, then how is simply tuning into an outlet that is biased to the opposite side an effective counter? You're still getting filtered and biased news. Obviously it is simply because they agree with you. But I don't get why people who believe they are objectively trying to understand what is going on in the world will gleefully sign up to pay attention to those outlets that are so clearly obscuring the full truth.

If you think cnn is biased too far to the left, then how is simply tuning into an outlet that is biased to the opposite side an effective counter? You're still getting filtered and biased news. Obviously it is simply because they agree with you. But I don't get why people who believe they are objectively trying to understand what is going on in the world will gleefully sign up to pay attention to those outlets that are so clearly obscuring the full truth.
Because they are addled.

They're not. They want their views confirmed, that's all.

Users who are viewing this thread