What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who will be the Steal of the Draft? (1 Viewer)

ldizzle

Footballguy
There is always one guy that turns out to outperform his draft position by a large amount. Some examples would be Ray Rice, Arian Foster, Victor Cruz. So far there hasnt been a collective opinion on who it will be. What say you Shark Pool?

The ones I'm hoping for that I actually drafted (multiple times)

Ray Rice

Mike Wallace

Mark Ingram

Ahmad Bradshaw

Greg Jennings

Ryan Mathews

I'm reluctantly leaning Chris Johnson even tho I haven't drafted him in any league
After sort of planning on him and mocking him all the time...I didn't draft him either. I ended up taking Percy Harvin, Ben Tate or Torrey Smith around his spot.

I'm regretting have zero stock in him.

I like the Greg Jennings idea - though I have missed out on him.

My biggest upside could be Amendola - but it could also be the lowest downside.

There will be a number of unpredictable guys who qualify because of injuries to guys ahead of them. But, I'll say Hurns among the guys who outperform most without aid of injury. Maybe Benjamin is a decent candidate too. Rivers and Shaun Hill at QB.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shonn Greene. He probably won't eclipse RB2 value, but compared to where he's going? Definite steal. Bishop Sankey, my ###.

The player that really outperforms his ADP but you, somehow, were able to draft him after his ADP for great value. That, folks, will be the steal of the draft. Each draft will be different.

Shonn Greene. He probably won't eclipse RB2 value, but compared to where he's going? Definite steal. Bishop Sankey, my ###.
In our 12 team keeper league with 18 man rosters Greene wasn't even drafted. Hard to see much upside in a keeper league but I believe he does have value as a bye week fill in.

The player that really outperforms his ADP but you, somehow, were able to draft him after his ADP for great value. That, folks, will be the steal of the draft. Each draft will be different.
I think we all understand what a steal is... ;) I believe the point of the thread is to tell WHO you think will be a steal, not give the definition.

I like Jonathan Stewart, Bernard Pierce, Brian Quick, Travis Kelce, and Richard Rodgers.

Mine is Hakeem Nicks. I think he ends up in the top 15 or so WRs and is #1 at year's end for the Colts WRs.

Greg Jennings will put up consistent numbers leading to a top 30 finish among WRs.

Terrence West fills in for an injured Ben Tate to rush for over 1000 yards, taking Rookie of the Year.

Love Justin Hunter to go from WR 4/5 land to stud WR territory this year. He has shown glimpses of greatness, and I think the Whiz offense is what he needs to get there. Still young and raw, but the talent is quite clear.

Ladarius Green comes out either this year or next...but he does become a stud.

Jets RB Chris...Ivory

Brandin Cooks for ROY.

Carson Palmer should be a top 10 QB.

Emmanuel Sanders
I would have agreed with this in July when Sanders had an 8th round adp or later. But these days you can't get him past the 5th. At such a point in a draft, you expect decent numbers, and elite numbers shouldn't come as a surprise. Following his huge pre-season game, you're boarding the Sanders train a little late to get good value.

To me, the SOD will come in the dying embers of a draft.

Percy Harvin will win leagues if he can stay on the field. His talent is so ridiculous that it's well worth taking the risk for the injuries. Don't trust what anyone says (including me) and just look at his game footage of 2011/2012 and make your own judgement. He had absolute bottom-of-the-barrel garbage QB's throwing to him and still put up elite per game numbers. An argument can be made against him about the volume of touches based on Seahawks' recent passing% history but my general feeling is that Carroll is not an idiot about getting his best players the ball. If the so-called experts who are actually morons had him ranked high, I would have no problem taking him in the first, but given the way the Yahoos and other idiots on the soapbox rank him, you can probably safely get him in the 3rd.

Users who are viewing this thread