What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cody Parkey LOVE Thread (1 Viewer)

This guy is one big miss away from being cut.

With so many vets out there, that will cost alot less after they clear waivers, his just is hanging by a thread IMO

But for a week 1 starter, he is okay but than it is not hard to find 11 PK's that are good to go in week 1.

But if you play in a league where PK are hard to find, than be prepared to not have him the entire season.

Eagles K Cody Parkey went 5-of-6 from 40-49 yards at Auburn last year.

Parkey didn't come out of nowhere to unseat Alex Henery. He was the No. 1 kicker in the country coming out of high school, led the NCAA in touchbacks last year and went 5-of-5 in the preseason -- including two 50-plus bombs. Parkey will be a fine streaming option for fantasy owners against the Jags in Week 1.

Eagles K Cody Parkey went 5-of-6 from 40-49 yards at Auburn last year.

Parkey didn't come out of nowhere to unseat Alex Henery. He was the No. 1 kicker in the country coming out of high school, led the NCAA in touchbacks last year and went 5-of-5 in the preseason -- including two 50-plus bombs. Parkey will be a fine streaming option for fantasy owners against the Jags in Week 1.
Impressive... Any idea why he wasn't ranked higher / drafted?

Last edited by a moderator:
And why Indy kept old man Vinateri instead. He seems like an easier cut than a guy like Succop. Money and Age there.

And why Indy kept old man Vinateri instead. He seems like an easier cut than a guy like Succop. Money and Age there.
Yeah, what's that guy ever proven?
Isn't he about 55 years old?
I don't know. Cut him open and count the Super Bowl winning field goals if you need an approximation.

I don't care if a kicker for my team is Methuselah if he's still baning through 87.5% of his FG attempts, and if I'm a playoff contender and he's got maybe the best clutch kicking resume in history, so much the better. :shrug:

Doesn't he cost more than Cody Parkey? Sure. But it ain't like his salary is team-breaking, and he's a nice asset to have on board for a couple mil a year, IMO.

Awesome game last week and have to thank Mike Herman for highlighting Parkey early on.

However this is the remaining schedule:

13. @Dal - fewest FFPA to kickers (FFT)

14. Sea - 10th fewest FFPA vs K

15. Dal see above

16. @Was - not sure why but Herman says this is a great matchup

Seems to me that Sanchez being Sanchez helps the kicker situation.

Hope his groin is fine. I'm not gonna worry about "match ups ". Whenever I do that the kicker I get puts up like 2

Jeez, this seems like an ideal matchup for parkey. The Eagles aren't likely to score a lot of touchdowns and the Seahawks aren't likely to be able to totally shut down that tempo. Lots of opportunities imo. Hate to bench him unless he's dead.

Eliot Shorr-Parks of NJ Advanced Media listed Cody Parkey as the Eagles' starting kicker in his latest roster projections.
CSN Philly's Dave Zangaro previously reported that Caleb Sturgis had a "slight edge" over Parkey, so there's either a difference of opinion among beat reporters or Parkey has made up ground in the last month. Parkey missed most of last season with a torn groin but was excellent as a rookie in 2014. The battle for the Eagles' starting kicker job should go down to the wire.

Source: NJ.com
Jul 3 - 10:31 AM

Bears signed K Cody Parkey, formerly of the Dolphins.

It's a much-needed upgrade for the Bears, who struggled with inconsistency at kicker last year. Parkey is coming off a career year in Miami that saw him convert 91.3 percent of his attempts with a long of 54 yards. Undrafted out of Auburn in 2014, this will be Parkey's fourth team in as many years.

Related: Dolphins

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter 

Mar 13 - 12:29 PM

Cody Parkey missed both field goal attempts while converting just two-of-four extra points Sunday in the Bears’ Week 10 win over the Lions.

It was a disastrous showing for Parkey, who came up empty on both of his field goal tries including a gimme from 34 yards out in the third quarter. He also clanked a 41-yard attempt while missing the mark on two of his PATs. Parkey seems to have picked up a pretty bad case of the yips. Sunday was the type of nightmare outing that usually sends a kicker packing, so it will be interesting to see if the 26-year-old is able to retain his roster spot come Monday.

Nov 11 - 5:55 PM

Users who are viewing this thread