What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Has TO gone crazy? (1 Viewer)

Hinezer

Footballguy
On his "Ask Terrell" message board, here are a couple of his recent posts:In response to a Eagles fan begging him to come (initial post before he was traded):"I'M READY, SOUNDS GOOD! CN'T WAIT 2 PUT THAT GREEN & SILVER ON!!!! "Date and time on this message?Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:58 pmHow TO works that board is he allows questions to be asked from a certain times, then he answers them later.In the last hours he has answered several Eagles fans telling them that the trade is in the works.Did he not get the memo that it was the Ravens and not the Eagles?

On his "Ask Terrell" message board, here are a couple of his recent posts:In response to a Eagles fan begging him to come (initial post before he was traded):"I'M READY, SOUNDS GOOD! CN'T WAIT 2 PUT THAT GREEN & SILVER ON!!!! "Date and time on this message?Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:58 pmHow TO works that board is he allows questions to be asked from a certain times, then he answers them later.In the last hours he has answered several Eagles fans telling them that the trade is in the works.Did he not get the memo that it was the Ravens and not the Eagles?
owens = master troll

Oh I know that, but why is he still acting like he is going to the Eagles? I know Winfield backed out of his deal with the Jets, but Billick already had a press conference.

I've seen message board posters (yeah i know) talking about a deal that was in place with the Eagles before the Ravens deal, and then apparently the Niners and Ravens made a deal without TO's knowledge. Supposedly a grievance will be filed. What a mess.

I've seen message board posters (yeah i know) talking about a deal that was in place with the Eagles before the Ravens deal, and then apparently the Niners and Ravens made a deal without TO's knowledge. Supposedly a grievance will be filed. What a mess.
:rotflmao: not going to happen. the deal is done. no way The Supreme Ruler Tags lets that happen.

Check this out from his message board:Poster:Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:29 pm Post subject: T.O. where are you? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I thought with our move to get Kearse, our front office was showing it was serious. Reports were that you were a lock for Philly. I just don't see you fitting in at Baltimore. Please clarify the whole situation esp. with this news of dirty tactics involved with the trade. We still want you desparately in Philly! TO:YEH, THEY BACKSTABBED ME AGAIN, BUT I AIN'T GOIN AWAY LIKE THAT, I'LL FIGHT THIS N COURT IF I HV 2! MY RIGHTS WERE VIOLATED! AS 4 AS I'M CONCERNED, I LEFT MEMORIES N SAN FRAN BUT MY HEART IS N PHILLY!

Whoever was doubting that it is TO, you are wrong, the last post by ZoSo is a great example why you can tell it is him.

TO didn't have a trade clause, he doesn't have to be consulted on the trade.

TO didn't have a trade clause, he doesn't have to be consulted on the trade.
True, but his grievance will probably again revolve around the fact that he should have been a free agent because (according to him) his agent wasn't notified by the NFL of the change in filing deadlines. His free agency would have allowed him to go to any team HE wanted. Not sure if that will hold any weight though. If you're the Ravens and you're getting him in this manner with his attitude as is, are you jumping for joy? Maybe they turn around and trade him to the Eagles for a RB for Jamal insurance and a draft pick? ;)

True, but his grievance will probably again revolve around the fact that he should have been a free agent because (according to him) his agent wasn't notified by the NFL of the change in filing deadlines. His free agency would have allowed him to go to any team HE wanted. Not sure if that will hold any weight though. If you're the Ravens and you're getting him in this manner with his attitude as is, are you jumping for joy? Maybe they turn around and trade him to the Eagles for a RB for Jamal insurance and a draft pick? ;)
http://www.terrellowens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2758Yep, he refers to the non-notification of the deadline in this post.

You have to register to view the board, that's why I didn't link it.But it is TO, remember when the media got those Garcia comments and bashed TO for saying that in public, that was off this same board.

But it is TO, remember when the media got those Garcia comments and bashed TO for saying that in public, that was off this same board.
I don't believe it's TO. I believe he is that stupid, but I doubt it's him.If I make a Mike Vick website and post under the name Vick "I broke my #####" it doesn't make that true. Probably will happen though.

I don't believe it's TO.  I believe he is that stupid, but I doubt it's him.If I make a Mike Vick website and post under the name Vick "I broke my #####" it doesn't make that true.  Probably will happen though.
there is absolutely no way in hell that is him.
TOI LUV ME SUM ME!Joined: 04 Oct 2003Posts: 419 Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:46 pm Post subject: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I AM! HOPEFULLY THE PLAYERS UNION WILL TAKE THIS SERIOUS B/C I KNOW HV RIGHTS UNDER THE CONTRACT THT I SIGNED N '99 THT WOULD ALLOW ME VOID MY CONTRACT AFTER 5TH YR & WE GOT NO NOTIFICATION WHATSOEVER OF A MOVE UP DATE N NO WAY,SHAPE, FORM, OR FASHION!
:no:"I luv me sum me" :rotflmao: Good :fish: though. Wish I had thought of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't believe it's TO. I believe he is that stupid, but I doubt it's him.If I make a Mike Vick website and post under the name Vick "I broke my #####" it doesn't make that true. Probably will happen though.
Yeah, but the media picked up comments from his message board and questioned him about it. Did he ever come out and deny it was him?

Yeah, but the media picked up comments from his message board and questioned him about it. Did he ever come out and deny it was him?
Yeah, you do hear the media talk about TO's website. The posts from "TO" are probably just TO clones. I could really care less if it's him or not, but everything I read there just makes him look so stupid.He really is, so anything is possible I guess.I just can't wait to see what Ray will do when TO is whining on the sidelines. That's Ray's team, he won't let TO try to run it.

I just can't wait to see what Ray will do when TO is whining on the sidelines. That's Ray's team, he won't let TO try to run it.
When Owens gets going, there's no stopping him. I bet we see quite a few images this year of Ray Lewis shaking his head. Don't assume that T.O. will change just because there's a resident mouthpiece in place.

Eagles had deal with Owens, but 49ers reportedly undermined it

By BOB BROOKOVER

Philadelphia Inquirer

PHILADELPHIA - The Philadelphia Eagles negotiated a new contract with Terrell Owens on Thursday, and Friday morning the Pro Bowl wide receiver is a member of the Baltimore Ravens.

Confused?

The Eagles, at the urging of the San Francisco 49ers, negotiated a contract with Owens and his agent, David Joseph, in an attempt to execute a trade, according to a league source.

After agreeing to terms with Owens, the Eagles called the 49ers to inform them that they were ready to make the trade. The 49ers, however, had already traded Owens to the Baltimore Ravens for a second-round pick, the 51st overall in the draft.

The source said Owens and Joseph were deeply upset, believing that the 49ers made the deal with the Ravens out of spite because the sides have had a tumultuous relationship during this off-season.

Owens' first choice, the source said, was to join the Eagles, who introduced defensive end Jevon Kearse on Thursday after signing him to an eight-year, $66 million deal Wednesday, the opening of the free-agent signing period.

Though the Eagles never got a chance to discuss a trade, they had a higher draft pick to offer the 49ers for Owens. The Eagles' first-round pick in this year's draft is the 28th overall, 23 spots ahead of the selection the 49ers received from the Ravens.

Two Eagles sources confirmed Thursday that the team was involved in discussions with the 49ers for Owens, but neither source would discuss any details.

Calls to Owens' agent were not returned. Owens did not have a new contract in place with the Ravens when the trade was made, but Baltimore officials said negotiations have already begun. Owens had three years and $17.7 million remaining on his contract with the 49ers.

He had intended to void those final three years and become a free agent Wednesday, but a procedural mishap enabled San Francisco to retain Owens' rights. The 49ers gave Joseph and Owens a 72-hour window to attempt to make a trade and the league source said that the wide receiver wanted to play with quarterback Donovan McNabb, who made a public plea for the Eagles to add some impact players on offense 10 days after the team lost its third straight NFC championship game.

At a news conference in San Francisco on Thursday, 49ers general manager Terry Donahue said that his priority was to trade Owens to an AFC team because "whenever you're trading a player, it's always to your advantage that the player doesn't come back to compete with you all the time."

Owens and the Ravens will compete against the Eagles later this year. The Eagles are scheduled to play Baltimore at Lincoln Financial Field on a date to be determined. The Ravens - and the Eagles - are not on the 49ers' schedule this season.

Donahue described the market for Owens as small.

"Our philosophy was that we would like a No. 1 or the best offer that we could get," he said. "The reality of it was, there was not a whole lot of activity on the market. We contacted half the teams in the NFL and this was far and away the best opportunity that we had. And we were happy with it and we jumped on it as quick as we could."

With Kearse already on board and a deal with Owens in place, the Eagles obviously were ready and willing to be every bit as aggressive as any team in the NFL during this free agency/trading period.

But the list of quality free agents still available at wide receiver is short. With Owens and Carolina's Steve Smith off the market, the most productive receiver still on the board is Seattle's Darrell Jackson. The Eagles, however, are not overly enamored with Jackson.

The Eagles also have the option of negotiating with Justin McCareins, a restricted free agent from Tennessee, but a deal with him would cost them their first-round pick, a seemingly heavy price for a guy with 60 career catches.

Rumors, of course, have surfaced in recent days that the Minnesota Vikings have placed Randy Moss on the trading block, but he's going to cost a lot more than a draft pick.

All the Eagles know for sure right now is that they are back at the drawing board after spending Thursday at the negotiating table.
LinkWhat a shame. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:rotflmao: maybe that is TO.Just glad he's not an Iggle...not sure what I would do without Todd Pinkston to crack on. :rotflmao:

-- Ravens Talking to Sapp -- from FFMastermind.com

WJZ-TV reports the Baltimore Ravens are talking to free-agent DT Warren Sapp (Bucs). A deal for Sapp to become a Raven could happen soon.

Is there enough oxygen in Baltimore to support Lewis, Owens AND Sapp? :shock:

:implosion:

-- Ravens Talking to Sapp -- from FFMastermind.com

WJZ-TV reports the Baltimore Ravens are talking to free-agent DT Warren Sapp (Bucs). A deal for Sapp to become a Raven could happen soon.

Is there enough oxygen in Baltimore to support Lewis, Owens AND Sapp? :shock:

:implosion:
Don't forget McAlister, Jamal, Billick, Orlando Brown, and the ghosts of Goose and Sharpe.

If all this is true (i.e,. the Eagles negotiating with Joseph and Owens directly while the Ravens worked the other side of the coin), I could see this being fileds as a greivence. Not sure it will matter but if this is true, and the Birds had a deal in place that was to Owens' liking, there's NO WAY he is a good soldier in Baltimore unless they break the bank for him.

If Warren Sapp became a raven their team would be stupid good :wacko: They're looking better than the Redskins thats for sure :excited:

If Warren Sapp became a raven their team would be stupid good :wacko: They're looking better than the Redskins thats for sure :excited:
gotta agree with that. even though they are stockpiling hot air in Baltimore. I think Ray is the key, if he gets the attention of Sapp and Owens early in training camp then it could be over for the rest of the AFC.another point I think should be made, Billick is considered to be an offensive mastermind, and Jim Fassel is there as well in some position(?). I think that Owens might find himself getting half the touches in the passing game. with teams forced to respect both the run and the pass in Balt. you could see Boller mature fast. this deal is not bad for T.O. at all IMO.

If all this is true (i.e,. the Eagles negotiating with Joseph and Owens directly while the Ravens worked the other side of the coin), I could see this being fileds as a greivence. Not sure it will matter but if this is true, and the Birds had a deal in place that was to Owens' liking, there's NO WAY he is a good soldier in Baltimore unless they break the bank for him.
Wow Woods ... this is pretty intense. The 'TO' from terrellowens.com is defintely him, very weird he is getting involved.Keeping attuned to this situation

Rubin Frank is reporting on WIP right now that the Eagles had made a deal with the Niners for TO, in exchange for a 5th round pick and James Thrash, with the Eagles ready to give TO a blockbuster contract.The Niners then reneged on the deal, and shipped TO to Baltimore, against the wishes of TO and the Eagles. This story will be appearing in the Bucks County Courier Times tomorrow (Friday). It sounds like the Eagles were completely seirous about getting him here, and Baltimore snuck in and took it from us. I can't fault the FO for anything here, according to Rubin Frank "TO Was an Eagle, it was a done deal" but they couldn't get it in writing fast enough.Rubin says "The Eagles did all the right things to get it done, the frustrating thing is that they weren't given an opportunity to match." He says that the niners might hold something against the Eagles because we signed Childress to a new contract to make him stay in Philly instead of going there as HC.Ugh this hurts.

Ruben Frank is on 610 & is reporting the deal was done. Then San Fran renegged on the deal when the Ravens upped the ante. Birds offered 5th rounder and THRASH! TO was ready to sign a generous offer. Story will be in the paper tommorrow. It could be challenged. Dave isn't around on the MB as late as last night.

Eagles had deal with Owens, but 49ers reportedly undermined it
Posted on Fri, Mar. 05, 2004 Eagles had deal with Owens, but 49ers reportedly undermined itBy BOB BROOKOVERPhiladelphia InquirerPHILADELPHIA - The Philadelphia Eagles negotiated a new contract with Terrell Owens on Thursday, and Friday morning the Pro Bowl wide receiver is a member of the Baltimore Ravens.Confused?The Eagles, at the urging of the San Francisco 49ers, negotiated a contract with Owens and his agent, David Joseph, in an attempt to execute a trade, according to a league source.After agreeing to terms with Owens, the Eagles called the 49ers to inform them that they were ready to make the trade. The 49ers, however, had already traded Owens to the Baltimore Ravens for a second-round pick, the 51st overall in the draft.The source said Owens and Joseph were deeply upset, believing that the 49ers made the deal with the Ravens out of spite because the sides have had a tumultuous relationship during this off-season.Owens' first choice, the source said, was to join the Eagles, who introduced defensive end Jevon Kearse on Thursday after signing him to an eight-year, $66 million deal Wednesday, the opening of the free-agent signing period.Though the Eagles never got a chance to discuss a trade, they had a higher draft pick to offer the 49ers for Owens. The Eagles' first-round pick in this year's draft is the 28th overall, 23 spots ahead of the selection the 49ers received from the Ravens.Two Eagles sources confirmed Thursday that the team was involved in discussions with the 49ers for Owens, but neither source would discuss any details.Calls to Owens' agent were not returned. Owens did not have a new contract in place with the Ravens when the trade was made, but Baltimore officials said negotiations have already begun. Owens had three years and $17.7 million remaining on his contract with the 49ers.He had intended to void those final three years and become a free agent Wednesday, but a procedural mishap enabled San Francisco to retain Owens' rights. The 49ers gave Joseph and Owens a 72-hour window to attempt to make a trade and the league source said that the wide receiver wanted to play with quarterback Donovan McNabb, who made a public plea for the Eagles to add some impact players on offense 10 days after the team lost its third straight NFC championship game.At a news conference in San Francisco on Thursday, 49ers general manager Terry Donahue said that his priority was to trade Owens to an AFC team because "whenever you're trading a player, it's always to your advantage that the player doesn't come back to compete with you all the time."Owens and the Ravens will compete against the Eagles later this year. The Eagles are scheduled to play Baltimore at Lincoln Financial Field on a date to be determined. The Ravens - and the Eagles - are not on the 49ers' schedule this season.Donahue described the market for Owens as small."Our philosophy was that we would like a No. 1 or the best offer that we could get," he said. "The reality of it was, there was not a whole lot of activity on the market. We contacted half the teams in the NFL and this was far and away the best opportunity that we had. And we were happy with it and we jumped on it as quick as we could."With Kearse already on board and a deal with Owens in place, the Eagles obviously were ready and willing to be every bit as aggressive as any team in the NFL during this free agency/trading period.But the list of quality free agents still available at wide receiver is short. With Owens and Carolina's Steve Smith off the market, the most productive receiver still on the board is Seattle's Darrell Jackson. The Eagles, however, are not overly enamored with Jackson.The Eagles also have the option of negotiating with Justin McCareins, a restricted free agent from Tennessee, but a deal with him would cost them their first-round pick, a seemingly heavy price for a guy with 60 career catches.Rumors, of course, have surfaced in recent days that the Minnesota Vikings have placed Randy Moss on the trading block, but he's going to cost a lot more than a draft pick.All the Eagles know for sure right now is that they are back at the drawing board after spending Thursday at the negotiating table.

Reported on a baltimore radio station that TO will get his salary for the next three years and next year he will receive a 5 million $ bonus. They called it a bargain by NFL standards. I'm sure TO is pissed considering that he would make close to that in a SB. No mention of a TO press conference. I wonder why?

Here is my take on the deal:SF FO are idiots. They are positioning themselves to force the NFL andf NFLPA to push for them to receive the 1.33 comp pick in 2004. They knew the Eagles would not give the 1.28 (I wouldnt want them to) so they are pulling this shifty crap. THere is no talk of any deal in place for TO in Bal except Billick saying TO is a great WR.I see the #### hitting the fan today before 5pm.JAA

LinkWhat a shame. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Looks like the jokes on TO.He can pack up his sharpies and pom poms and head to the land of the forgotten recievers.He thinks that he had a lot to complain about in SF, wait until he plays a couple of games with Kyle B.

Terry Donahue was quoted as saying he "did not want TO to come back to haunt them" in the NFC. The things discussed last night make even more sense now. The Niners did not want TO to get his way by coming to Philly.

Here is my take on the deal:SF FO are idiots. They are positioning themselves to force the NFL andf NFLPA to push for them to receive the 1.33 comp pick in 2004. They knew the Eagles would not give the 1.28 (I wouldnt want them to) so they are pulling this shifty crap. THere is no talk of any deal in place for TO in Bal except Billick saying TO is a great WR.I see the #### hitting the fan today before 5pm.JAA
How would this deal affect the comp picks? Isn't that only related to the free agents you lose? This is a trade not a free agent aquisition. Also, I thought the highest compensatory picks were in the third round. Has that changed? Am I off base here?

LOL at Eagles fans who think there's something shady going on here.The Eagles made an offer for TO and the Ravens beat that offer. Put it this way - if the Ravens had offered their second round pick to the Eagles for Thrash and Philly's fifth-rounder, how fast do you think the Eagles would have taken that deal? The 49ers felt the same way.This is a legit trade - pure and simple. SF had the right to trade TO to anybody they wanted to, regardless of what his agent (who is the jackass who got TO into this mess in the first place) tried to cook up.

LOL at Eagles fans who think there's something shady going on here.The Eagles made an offer for TO and the Ravens beat that offer. Put it this way - if the Ravens had offered their second round pick to the Eagles for Thrash and Philly's fifth-rounder, how fast do you think the Eagles would have taken that deal? The 49ers felt the same way.This is a legit trade - pure and simple. SF had the right to trade TO to anybody they wanted to, regardless of what his agent (who is the jackass who got TO into this mess in the first place) tried to cook up.
You're absolutely right, that's not in question (nor do I hear anyone from the Eagles organization suggesting otherwise). However, if you think TO will be a good soldier in Baltimore when he is being asked to play for a defensive, run oriented team with a raw unproven QB, AT THE SAME TIME he's been seemingly duped out of $10-$15 million in guaranteed money, you aren't looking at the situation logically.I don't see the Birds as getting him, and as far as being an Eagles fan, hats off to them for trying. I'm just eager to see how long this maelstrom takes to rear its head in Baltimore now.

Users who are viewing this thread