What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DE J.J. Watt - Retired (1 Viewer)

Can someone explain to me how Watts is uncoverable??? Like why don't teams double team him every play.
uncoverable or unblockable? he's the best defensive player I've seen since probably Lawrence Taylor. So teams block him with 2 guys and he still does his thing.
Sorry yeah. Unblockable. I think you are right. He can't be stopped. It's awesome.
He's as unstoppable as the legendary demon Balrog
HE *CAN* PASS!!

Watt and Andrew Luck are almost too good to be true. They might be the best players on either side of the ball in the whole league, and they might also be even better human beings. The league could use more guys like this.

Can someone explain to me how Watts is uncoverable??? Like why don't teams double team him every play.
He gets plenty of attention but he beats a lot of it. He also will line up all over the defensive line. He can whip anyone but is particularly tough inside. Ive heard Eric Winston on the radio say the book on him is to try to hit him head on with multiple guys and beat on him but he can wreck your running game that way too. He is so quick and skilled with his swim move inside that he can actually get out of position and jump back in and make the play...not how you'd coach it. Im anxiously awaiting Clowney's edge speed to add to the mix.

He gets plenty of attention but he beats a lot of it. He also will line up all over the defensive line. He can whip anyone but is particularly tough inside. Ive heard Eric Winston on the radio say the book on him is to try to hit him head on with multiple guys and beat on him but he can wreck your running game that way too. He is so quick and skilled with his swim move inside that he can actually get out of position and jump back in and make the play...not how you'd coach it. Im anxiously awaiting Clowney's edge speed to add to the mix.
Taylor Lewan did an outstanding job on him today. Lewan moves his feet a lot more than anyone I can recall. He's taking like 50 baby steps on every passing play.

I felt like Watt had enough and went to Oher's side, came back for the challenge, then went back to Oher or inside.

Obviously Oher is an easier target.

I think a defender can make a good power move and get past those fancy feet. I was hoping to see Watt do that, but didn't get the chance.

Clowney didn't do anything at all today...that I noticed. He kind of let me down in a fan way. First game back/rook jitters? I don't know what it was, but MercyLess and Watt were fun to watch while Clowney was just meh. I was really hoping to see the infamous rook produce.

Coughed up Zac Stacy and a 2014 First (which turned out to be Odell Beckham) for Watts. Thought I overpayed days after I pulled the trigger. Starting to think I won that one (though I do like Beckham). Good receivers are a lot easier to find than guys like JJ. This guy is #######g catching touchdown passes. Let that sink in for a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
We (the Texans) paid him that $100 million and it looked like a lot of $$$......but on the bright side, it looks like Houston got off cheap. He's worth so much more. Not only his play on the field, but what he does for our youth in the community. He's a badass on the field and such a humble, down-to-earth person off of it. Houston is honored to have this guy wearing our Bull with the red, white, & blue. He might be from Wisconsin, but he will forever be a Texan!

Unbelievable what this guy is doing. What is the record for TD's on offense for a defensive player? Obviously you have to take the defensive ST's returners out of the equation, which is why I say offense.

We (the Texans) paid him that $100 million and it looked like a lot of $$$......but on the bright side, it looks like Houston got off cheap. He's worth so much more. Not only his play on the field, but what he does for our youth in the community. He's a badass on the field and such a humble, down-to-earth person off of it. Houston is honored to have this guy wearing our Bull with the red, white, & blue. He might be from Wisconsin, but he will forever be a Texan!
I only care about who well he plays football, but humility and JJ Watt should not be mentioned in the same sentence again...

I only care about who well he plays football, but humility and JJ Watt should not be mentioned in the same sentence again...
Gentleman off the field, ##### on the field.

coolnerd said:
Didn't see the video as NFL had it deleted, but I've noticed that too. Still a hard worker and does a lot of great stuff for the community and charity. But not quite as humble on the field as the guy who was so not a trash talker that he needed someone else to suggest the burrito comeback to Ray Rice.

rdrouyn said:
coolnerd said:
Gentleman off the field, ##### on the field.
So he's like Richard Sherman on the field, except he doesn't sound like an obnoxious teenager and he knows to turn it off when he leaves the field.

Didn't see the video as NFL had it deleted, but I've noticed that too. Still a hard worker and does a lot of great stuff for the community and charity. But not quite as humble on the field as the guy who was so not a trash talker that he needed someone else to suggest the burrito comeback to Ray Rice.
http://thebiglead.com/2014/12/03/j-j-watt-micd-up-he-says-woooo-a-lot-when-he-starts-to-get-tired/#sthash.L1dCmZQk.uxfs

I became a huge and lifelong fan of Watt after reading and watching what he did for Chance - he just keeps dominating on and off the field.

http://espn.go.com/blog/houston-texans/post/_/id/7819/what-j-j-watt-loved-about-buying-his-mom-a-car-for-her-birthday
Will forever be my favorite player. Pulling for him for MVP, even if it is a long shot.
Yep. It's become more common but it still seems weird to have your favorite player play for a rival.

JJ Mic'd up.

The sequence from the fumble recovery to the touchdown catch is crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread