What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Donte Whitner - Making the Move to Elite? (1 Viewer)

Hoss Style

Footballguy
There's one other thread on Whitner, but it's 3 years old, and he's in an entirely new situation, so I started a new thread.

I was targeting Whitner as a potential pick up. I'm a Burnett owner, right now. I know Bramel is a bit down on Burnett, but I'm not selling him quite yet - he had 5 TKs and 3 ATks this past weekend, and if he can get back to making a big play every so often, he's still going to be good, I believe.

But I'm always looking for better, and had Whitner on my radar this weekend. He produced: 12 TKs and 1 ATk. In a tackle heavy league, that's really nice production from a DB.

I didn't see that game this weekend, though, and I don't have Game Rewind at the moment. I know Jene was watching him as well, and had him in his "Teir 2" DBs. He's in Cleveland, which usually means nice assisted tackles, yet oddly enough he only had one assist. Has the Cleveland stat crew migrated a bit towards tackles instead of assists? I'm sure someone has the stats for that game already. That would be another nice bump for Whitner if they are. Any other input on this guy? I'm pretty close to "sold" as him being an Elite DB the rest of the year.

Would love to hear from any homers or someone who saw the game this past week.

Whitner has always been elite. He merely got out from under the studly front seven of SF, and into the sieve defense in Cleveland. For reference, look what Ward did last year in Cleveland. Whitner is a better football player than Ward.

Whitner has always been elite. He merely got out from under the studly front seven of SF, and into the sieve defense in Cleveland. For reference, look what Ward did last year in Cleveland. Whitner is a better football player than Ward.
He was elite in SF for Fantasy? I'd disagree. Unless you're talking about just him as a player, but this is a FF board.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread