What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sell high/Buy low, Week 1 edition (1 Viewer)

I'm liking Romo a lot as a buy low, but given most people drafted him as a starter, I'd imagine they don't wanna give up on him yet. He made some terrible decisions out there, but the offense seemed to move the ball on the 49ers pretty easily. If you waited on QB and ended up with Roethlisberger/Dalton as a starter then it may be worth sending out an offer.

Off the top...

Buy Low: (I don't believe anyone will sell low on underperforming studs (i.e. Charles, Lacy, etc. so I'm leaving them off the list)

Gerhart

Sell high:

Moreno

Ivory

Steve Smith (if you can get WR1 value)

Sell High:

Shonn Greene (possibly to panicked Sankey owners?)

Lamar Miller

Buy Low:

Marquise Lee

Frank Gore

Best of luck on buying Dez, Demaryius or Charles low.
Yep, not sure people are willing to give up on first round picks after week one.

Exactly. Unless you are playing in a guppy league...

Here are some realistic ones:

Buy low:

Tom Brady - his owner might be a little spooked and worries about relying on him for the rest of the year. They will iron out the issues in offense and Brady will finish as a top 5-7 qb this year.

Isaiah Crowell - he did well yesterday but his situation as the backup behind west and Tate if his injury isn't too bad might just keep his value depressed enough to get him cheaply this week.

Andre Ellington - his injury has his owners spooked. See what you can get him for. He could be a factor for a team in a month.

Welker - when he comes back from suspension he will be money.

Sell high:

Mark Ingram - does anyone really believe that 2 td games are going to happen regularly for him? Or that his usage will continue to rise? He's in a 3 man committee. See what you can get

Allen hurns - same as Ingram. I think he is good, but you might get a kings ransom if you sell him after that week 1 outburst.

lol at getting WR1 value for Steve Smith. one big play does not give a WR4 WR1 value.

no one will buy Shonn Greene high after 71 yards, no catches and no TDs.

I will go with more realistic options

sell high: CJ Spiller (easy to convince someone that he is the clear lead back in Buffalo and has elite talent)

Pierre Thomas (talk up his shot at 90-100 receptions in a PPR, he will finish with 70 or so and limited rushing stats)

Cordarralle Patterson (if you don't think he finishes top 10, as I don't, now is the time to get top 10 value for him after that incredible run. I'd rather have Harvin in a PPR)

Jeremy Maclin (don't trust his hamstrings and day was made good on one big play)

Vernon Davis and Zach Ertz (hype off the charts for Ertz despite only playing 60% of snaps, getting 5 targets and catching 3 passes)

buy low

Ben Tate, Cleveland line looked great and he was going to be 3-down back before injury. take advantage of uncertainty

Eddie Lacy, if you think he gets over the injury

Dez Bryant

Panthers and Seattle defenses (don't know if this is low but neither had monster games but they looked physically dominant and difference makers)

Exactly. Unless you are playing in a guppy league...
Everyone's in a guppy league. It's just a matter of knowing or figuring out who the guppies are.

Hint: if you're not offering low for Dez, DT, Charles et al, just to find out, we've found him. If you're worried about looking like a clown, you're in the wrong hobby. The last thing I want in any league is to become known as the guy who makes fair offers and doesn't rip people off.

Tom Brady - his owner might be a little spooked and worries about relying on him for the rest of the year. They will iron out the issues in offense and Brady will finish as a top 5-7 qb this year.
Funny, everyone was saying this about him last year as well.

'He's throwing to all rookie WRs, give him time'

'Just a little rusty he's still a stud'.

Guy is toast. Sell low while you can.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doug Martin is a realistic buy low IMO (I don't consider elites like D.Thomas/Dez buy lows personally). I think people are skeptical coming into 2014 on him (as struggled in 2013) and he squash any doubts Game 1. Doesn't help that James/Rainey & the team seem to do better w/o him. (I do think Martin's the best RB on the roster)

I'd buy Cooks high. If anything, they probably didnt go to him enough yesterday. He's going to be a highly % and targeted guy there. Stills absence won't affect that at all. Stills will replace Joe Morgan & Meachem & be a significant improvement on them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy low

Justin Hunter - led Titans in targets, seems like a good target if you want to swap Hurns, Wheaton, Boldin or someone else who had a good game

Eifert - He had 3/37 in the first quarter, he'll be out half the year so more for dynasty I guess

Crabtree - Played hurt and had a bad week

Um, that's not how you do it.

That how you do it when the value is only going to decrease.

Not to get all technical about it, but "selling low" is selling when his value is at a low point, meaning that it will go up to a higher point.

If you think he is only going to get worse, even if his value is lower than before, than it is "selling high". :shrug:

Not to get all technical about it, but "selling low" is selling when his value is at a low point, meaning that it will go up to a higher point.If you think he is only going to get worse, even if his value is lower than before, than it is "selling high". :shrug:
His value is lower today than it was before week 1. We're selling low today :shrug:

Not to get all technical about it, but "selling low" is selling when his value is at a low point, meaning that it will go up to a higher point.If you think he is only going to get worse, even if his value is lower than before, than it is "selling high". :shrug:
His value is lower today than it was before week 1. We're selling low today :shrug:
Do you think his value is going to go even lower?

I think so. Others may not.

Buy low

Justin Hunter - led Titans in targets, seems like a good target if you want to swap Hurns, Wheaton, Boldin or someone else who had a good game

Eifert - He had 3/37 in the first quarter, he'll be out half the year so more for dynasty I guess

Crabtree - Played hurt and had a bad week
This is the last week to get Hunter on the cheap. Playing Dallas next week and they cannot stop anything on D. He'll blow up imo.

I'm buying Bernard Pierce low after the fumble and on the bet that Rice is out for awhile. Harbaugh IMO will give him another shot.

Dez/Ball/DT/Eddie Lacy

Seriously. You can't list these as buy low unless you are playing with idiots.

Sell High - Ingram

Buy Low - MJD

These are the kind of players that people give up on; and the type of players that people way over value after one week.

Would anyone offer Dez for Charles? I'm week at RB with AP, Tate (hurt), Gerhart (hurt) and Spiller (not sure what to think there).

I think so. Others may not.
That means you'd be "selling high". Seems like you just don't understand what you're saying and going in circles, but that's what he's attempting to explain to you.

That means you'd be "selling high". Seems like you just don't understand what you're saying and going in circles, but that's what he's attempting to explain to you.
Holy christ you guys are having a tough time with this. If your point of reference was the beginning of the year, like it is for every guy in this thread, it is selling low. Not that difficult.

Sell High

Moreno- I own him in almost all my leagues and I'm planning on shopping him. He is a value rb but if I can get a better rb or a wr for him IL probably pull the trigger.

Ingram- same story as above

buy low

I'm getting Crabtree and hunter.

Sell High

Moreno- I own him in almost all my leagues and I'm planning on shopping him. He is a value rb but if I can get a better rb or a wr for him IL probably pull the trigger.

Ingram- same story as above

buy low

I'm getting Crabtree and hunter.
excellent post. Agree on all four.

Would anyone offer Dez for Charles? I'm week at RB with AP, Tate (hurt), Gerhart (hurt) and Spiller (not sure what to think there).
Similar situation and I'm considering doing just that. Probably have to give Dez & Spiller to get him though. My WRs are deep though, Cooks & Benjamin on the bench along with a Gordon lotto ticket.

Holy christ you guys are having a tough time with this. If your point of reference was the beginning of the year, like it is for every guy in this thread, it is selling low. Not that difficult.
You are out there man. I like to think you can blame your reading comprehension problems on having a great first Sunday.

Yes sell high on Hurns. Because everyone in your league doesn't have the internet.

Not many realistic options unless your league are complete idiots. Who's really going to panic on Dez or Demy?

Decker might be good one. Got a good amount of targets. Had a 20 yd pass erased by a phantom offensive PI call and Vick had him wide open crossing for a TD in the red zone and just missed him. He's already got low respect IMO but Geno looked decent in the passing game and I think will be involved in higher scoring games than this past week.

It's not the caliber of what you guys are talking about but :

LaMichael James. I just saw one Harbaugh brother gift another Harbaugh brother a RB.

Small potatoes, but still...you can eat on potato soup. The price is right.

It's not the caliber of what you guys are talking about but :

LaMichael James. I just saw one Harbaugh brother gift another Harbaugh brother a RB.

Small potatoes, but still...you can eat on potato soup. The price is right.
He'd be on the inactive list in Baltimore too as the 4th RB.

Buy low:

Greg Jennings-Will continue to be a solid WR3 with WR2 upside with Cassel at the helm

J. Hunter -I agree with others here

Sell High:

Cooks-but only if you get a solid value in return. We all know how up and down the Saints wide outs are from week to week.

Jay Cutler -especially if your league penalizes heavily for ints. He's gonna throw a boatload of them.

Hunter is a good call. Just re-watched the game and he got 2 good looks near the endzone. One he caught but was pushed out at the 1. The other Locker underthrew him. Only matter of time before he starts cashing in.

I dont think Hurns is a one week wonder. He was solid all preseason and then transferred that into the regular season. Once Bortles is in there at QB, this is a solid young team. All they will need on offense is an actual RB. Gerhart is not that.

I don't like most of these. You can't buy low on a guy that just had a bad week. No Dez owner is going to panic in week 1.

A true buy-low guy is a player who looks truly pathetic or who is in a horrible situation.

Zac Stacy

Sankey

A.Foster

V.Jackson

RG3

Latimer

I'd say all of these guys, except maybe Romo can be had much cheaper than last week.

laughing at the suggestion of selling high on Shonn Greene...have a look at Tenn. schedule..he'll be a stud for weeks to come! Dallas, Cin, Colts, Cle., Jax, Wash., Hou..time to sell is coming out of the bye, schedule gets a lot tougher..no way you sell Greene now!

Someone suggested buy low on Ben Tate, based on how he looked.Problem is, he ALWAYS gets hurt , and already is hurt!!! you sell him to the T. West owner...

C Michael or Turbin should be buy lows, it's possible one gets traded to Balt..

no way you can buy low on Dez Bryant.lol

Benny Cunningham is a buy low.

I don't like most of these. You can't buy low on a guy that just had a bad week. No Dez owner is going to panic in week 1.

A true buy-low guy is a player who looks truly pathetic or who is in a horrible situation.

Zac Stacy

Sankey

A.Foster

V.Jackson

RG3

Latimer

I'd say all of these guys, except maybe Romo can be had much cheaper than last week.
:confused:

29 touches and 120 yards. Lack of any TDs moved him down to high RB2 for week 1 but I'm not sure what you wanted to see.

Is this the thread where we just post the guys at the top of the stats lists as sell high and the guys at the bottom as buy low?

Hunter is a good call. Just re-watched the game and he got 2 good looks near the endzone. One he caught but was pushed out at the 1. The other Locker underthrew him. Only matter of time before he starts cashing in.

i didnt get to watch game.did hunter drop passes,he was thrown to 8 times.what do you guys think about trading hurns for him?

I understand they look god awful right now, but if you can get Cruz at receiver 3 or 4 price I would go after him, or maybe I am just nuts because I have him in one league and he seems to be my weak link.

Zac Stacy

Sankey

A.Foster

V.Jackson

RG3

Latimer

I would be hard to get Foster cheaper than last week. 27 rushes for 103 yards. Not many RB's that are going to get that many attempts.

I disagree with the sell high for Ingram. His schedule is pretty nice all year long. Ami expecting 2 TD's those games? No. But realistically I can see a consistent ~ 60 yds and a TD

Users who are viewing this thread