What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiver wire targets: LB bloodbath continues (2 Viewers)

massraider

Footballguy
The systematic destruction of all of our LB corps continues, with season-ending injuries to Mathis, Z. Brown, Derrick Johnson, Ellerbe, and indefinite absence for Misi, Clowney. And Burfict got a concussion.

So...........who's next man up?

Zavier Gooden for Brown?

Werner for Mathis? Is that even a mildly intriguing idea?

I have no idea for Misi or Ellerbe.

James-Michael Johnson for D. Johnson? Really?

Vincent Rey if Burfict misses any time.

Mercilus for Clowney?

Any homers have any insight at all?

Last edited by a moderator:
Zavier Gooden might be a good pickup. Also maybe Kevin Minter or Donte Whitner. I'd stay away from Werner or Mercilus unless they have good matchups. I feel like the best and most consistent IDPs are usually inside linebackers because they're in the right place in the right system. DEs and OLBs usually have to rely on a mix of talent and a good matchup against a bad team imo.

How about Chris McClain for Miami to replace one of the 2 injured guys. Jason Trusnick got 4 tackles this week.

Anything to see with Josh Mauga who scored not bad in week 1 replacing Mays. Does he get a bigger role with Derrick Johnson out now or does it go to the new guy who replaces DJ.

What is the word on Laroy Reynolds for the Jags.

I wouldn't touch Werner...he's awful. I think I'd rather have Walden to be honest. He was all over the place. (I'm in Indy).

JMJ and Mauga will be the starting ILBs in KC until Mays gets back from wrist surgery now that DJ is out.

MIA LBs is still a toss up. Jenkins had like 6 tackles and I heard McClains name mentioned a decent amount during the game. I've heard Wheeler may be the 3 down LB...ugh.

May wanna hold off a few days to see if anything solidifies on those fronts.

Wheeler was probably going to get work in subs before his thumb stuff, right? Can't feature he won't be the 3-down guy there now regardless though. Has the most experience in coverage of what they have left, no?

I am all over Gooden. Has the athletic ability to go nuts in Horton's scheme. Probably won't, but for a WW pickup I'll take that shot 100 times out of 100.

to replace D Johnson - Foote, Woodyard, Z Gooden, Timmons, or D'Qwell. Have enough room for 2.

to replace D Johnson - Foote, Woodyard, Z Gooden, Timmons, or D'Qwell. Have enough room for 2.
Pretty sure the answer here is Woodyard or Timmons.
Hmm, I was thinking D'Qwell over both, he's already had a "bump" due to the injury of the guy next to him, and now Mathis is out for the year. Lots of tackles to be had there.
No way. Freeman just tweaked his hamstring...he'll probably be back. But even if Freeman doesn't return, DQ didn't do much last week after Freeman left the game. DQ only had 5 tackles total. And there was no Mathis last week either. I think DQ has lost a step. Pretty sure Woodyard and Timmons are 3 down backers. Would be interesting to hear others thoughts.

matttyl said:
Warpig said:
matttyl said:
Hmm, I was thinking D'Qwell over both, he's already had a "bump" due to the injury of the guy next to him, and now Mathis is out for the year. Lots of tackles to be had there.
D'Qwell isn't terrible, but I'd still agree with original answer of Timmons and Woodyard.

matttyl said:
Warpig said:
matttyl said:
D'Qwell isn't terrible, but I'd still agree with original answer of Timmons and Woodyard.
Woodyard over fellow Titan Gooden?

matttyl said:
Warpig said:
matttyl said:
Yes, and don't consider it even remotely close.

matttyl said:
Warpig said:
matttyl said:
ofcourse

I'm hurting at DE. I've got Brian Robison, Chris Long, Anthony Spencer and S.Tuitt on practice squad. We start 2-3, 16 teams.

I've placed a bid on Allen Bailey, with Devito out I thought he's in a pretty good situation at least.

Any other DE:s you fancy? How would you rank these free agents:

Mike Daniels

Art Jones

Willie Young

George Johnson

Robert Ayers

Tony McDaniel

Thanks.

I'm hurting at DE. I've got Brian Robison, Chris Long, Anthony Spencer and S.Tuitt on practice squad. We start 2-3, 16 teams.

I've placed a bid on Allen Bailey, with Devito out I thought he's in a pretty good situation at least.

Mike Daniels

Art Jones

Willie Young

George Johnson

Robert Ayers

Tony McDaniel

Thanks.
I'm pretty terrible at deep DE, but young looks like he's buried, right now.

maybe check on kyle wilber -- he might be getting more snaps at lb and have de designation.

is hayes subbing for long?

stream match ups, like gilberry or geathers against ATL, wolfe vs KC, etc?

edit ps

RE: gooden -- I'd be a little worried on him, as they seemed to also use george wilson in a 3 safety package rather than just having gooden take full snaps

Mike Daniels

Art Jones

Willie Young

George Johnson

Robert Ayers

Tony McDaniel

Thanks.
I'm targetting George Johnson. He rotated in a lot. Jason Jones is terrible so I suspect Johnson will get rotated in fairly heavily.

I'm also targetting Ryan (?) Davis in Jacksonville. Red Bryant is one dimensional, Andre Branch is inconsistent. I think Davis might get pretty solid pass rush opportunities. But this is for deeper leagues. Probably won't get many tackles out of these two guys, but sack potential is there.

Is Emmanuel Lamur worth a look, even if/when Burfict is playing?
I think he is a 3 down backer. He only had 3 tackles with 1 assist and 1 sack last week. The stats are a little weird because it shows no one on the Bengals D had more than 4-1 (D. Manning). So he was second on the team in tackles.

But, keep in mind he is a SLB. They typically don't score a lot of points. Especially with Burfict around. He's only startable in the deepest of leagues. Perhaps you have better options on your waiver wire?

I think he is a 3 down backer. He only had 3 tackles with 1 assist and 1 sack last week. The stats are a little weird because it shows no one on the Bengals D had more than 4-1 (D. Manning). So he was second on the team in tackles.

But, keep in mind he is a SLB. They typically don't score a lot of points. Especially with Burfict around. He's only startable in the deepest of leagues. Perhaps you have better options on your waiver wire?
:confused:

who are you looking at?

lamur went 5-6 with a pick

I think his value might be contingent on how much nickel they're in on any given week -- think they were in nickel quite a bit this past sunday, and probably will be again against atl.

depends mostly on your league depth, but I'd definitely consider him.

jeff ratcliffe has his fathead up in the bedroom, and that guy is pretty sharp.

Thanks. This year's IDP selection is extremely thin in my league as all of the owners have gotten much more savvy about their picks during the draft. The only others I see at the moment are:

Curtis Lofton, Larry Foote, Marshall, Mauga, Irvin, Spikes, and Kerrigan.

I was the king of IDP the past 2-3 years, but I guess the other players have finally caught up to me!

Lamur caught my attention since Burfict went down and he put up good numbers, but wasn't sure if it's sustainable. I think he missed last year so I have no idea what type of player he really is.

Mike Daniels

Art Jones

Willie Young

George Johnson

Robert Ayers

Tony McDaniel

Thanks.

maybe check on kyle wilber -- he might be getting more snaps at lb and have de designation.

edit ps

RE: gooden -- I'd be a little worried on him, as they seemed to also use george wilson in a 3 safety package rather than just having gooden take full snaps
Yes Hayes is probably subbing for Long.

I should have given some more specifics about our league. Its a dynasty league with salary cap and contracts, so you can't stream and cut players how you see fit without consequences to your cap space. All players signed in-season are signed on a 1 year deal and becomes restricted free agents after the season (other players can offer contracts, match it and you get to keep them and sign to 1-3 years.)

Is Datone Jones available? Packers may strike something good with one of the cline picks.

Mike Daniels

Art Jones

Willie Young

George Johnson

Robert Ayers

Tony McDaniel

Thanks.

edit ps

Young had a solid first game, but from the other thread here he was only getting 40% of the snaps. That isn't enough to keep him relevant.

Out of this list I prefer Daniels by a fair margin.

Mike Daniels

Art Jones

Willie Young

George Johnson

Robert Ayers

Tony McDaniel

Thanks.

edit ps

Young had a solid first game, but from the other thread here he was only getting 40% of the snaps. That isn't enough to keep him relevant.

Out of this list I prefer Daniels by a fair margin.
:goodposting:

Agreed... I know he's a 3-4 DE, but I've been a fan of Daniels since the Packers drafted him. I think he is easily their best DL and an under-the-radar target in deeper leagues. If you watch the Seattle game, he was the only guy on the Green Bay defense who actually wanted to tackle Marshawn Lynch. Everyone else was running for cover.

:confused:

who are you looking at?

lamur went 5-6 with a pick

I think his value might be contingent on how much nickel they're in on any given week -- think they were in nickel quite a bit this past sunday, and probably will be again against atl.

depends mostly on your league depth, but I'd definitely consider him.

jeff ratcliffe has his fathead up in the bedroom, and that guy is pretty sharp.
My bad. You're right. I was looking at CBS sports scores. It must have defaulted to something other than week 1 when I looked at his stats. I confirmed (via week 1 stats) he did have 11 tackles and the pick. ESPN.com also confirms those numbers.

Is he still a 3 down backer?

Swearinger looked beastly and was used as a nickel LB it appears. He's available in my league but would have to drop Stevie Brown who also did pretty good tackle wise. Worth the move to get DJ off the week 2 waiver wire?

What do you think about KC LB James-Michael Johnson?

Now when he is the starter, does he have the capacity to make some significant stats numbers?

When i say that, i think, is he capable to make some sack, QB pressure ... not just 5-7 tckl per game?

And, Is he, long term, a better option than Trusnik or Gooden?

Jason Trusnik is practicing as the Dolphins' starting middle linebacker this week.
Jelani Jenkins is working at weak-side 'backer,
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/2014/09/wednesday-night-quick-hits-morenos-theatrics-dolphins-hurricanes-beckhammls-.html
i remember some of the chatter last season about Jenkins being positive. something along the lines of they liked him a lot but he wasn't quite ready to step into a starter role yet. he needed a little more seasoning before given the chance. obviously he is being thrust into the role but he has a chance to stick long-term.

Mike Daniels

Art Jones

Willie Young

George Johnson

Robert Ayers

Tony McDaniel

Thanks.
Ryan Davis, Jax

Heard nothing but superlatives about him. I'd take him over all the other names on this list.

Who would u guys target in a tackle heavy league.. Have room for two, S. Moore, Eric Berry, swearinger, and woodyard.

TheBottomLine said:
Reegus said:
Who would u guys target in a tackle heavy league.. Have room for two, S. Moore, Eric Berry, swearinger, and woodyard.
If you aren't required to start DB's you have to go Moore and Woodyard IMO. LB's just produce more than DB's.
What if I add Foote and Collins to the list. We aren't required to start dbs

Mr. Know-It-All said:
nastynate said:
Missed on NE Collins...going after Burris OAK in FA.
Same here, guy ahead of me took Collins - my backup plan was Brandon Marshall - hope he plays well. Really wanted Collins.
Collins is in there for good, I think. Marshall is filling in.

Mr. Know-It-All said:
nastynate said:
Same here, guy ahead of me took Collins - my backup plan was Brandon Marshall - hope he plays well. Really wanted Collins.
Collins is in there for good,
I'm not suggesting otherwise, as I have no real idea, but if I could suggest the possibility of a sliders world wherein:

chris jones returns from injury

chris jones replaces chandler jones

chandler jones returns to the olb edge rushing role that hightower's been playing

now we have mayo, collins, and hightower --- all who played every snap last week, but how do we use them?

Reading in the Snaps thread, and wanted to throw Andre Branch in here. Playing DE, but does some 3-4 OLB stuff. Just LOOKS like a JPP/Wake-type monster, and I have been grabbing him everywhere since before the season started.

Mr. Know-It-All said:
nastynate said:
Collins is in there for good,
I'm not suggesting otherwise, as I have no real idea, but if I could suggest the possibility of a sliders world wherein:

chris jones returns from injury

chris jones replaces chandler jones

chandler jones returns to the olb edge rushing role that hightower's been playing

now we have mayo, collins, and hightower --- all who played every snap last week, but how do we use them?
Mike Reiss - ESPNBoston.com, Patriots Beat Reporter
Starting LB Jamie Collins added to Patriots injury report. He was limited today with a thigh injury.

Jason Trusnik is practicing as the Dolphins' starting middle linebacker this week.
Jelani Jenkins is working at weak-side 'backer,
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/2014/09/wednesday-night-quick-hits-morenos-theatrics-dolphins-hurricanes-beckhammls-.html
Dolphins SLB Philip Wheeler (thumb) will not play against the Bills in Week 2.
Checking my voicemail, maybe the Fins want me to play LB.

What do you think about KC LB James-Michael Johnson?

Now when he is the starter, does he have the capacity to make some significant stats numbers?

When i say that, i think, is he capable to make some sack, QB pressure ... not just 5-7 tckl per game?

And, Is he, long term, a better option than Trusnik or Gooden?
Bump, anyone pls :)

Users who are viewing this thread