What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiver wire targets: LB bloodbath continues (1 Viewer)

Any deep DL pickups out there. Charles Johnson and Greg Hardy's suspension is killing me going into next week.
doesn't play a great position for production, but Tyrone Crawford has been applying pressure consistently, bound to translate sooner rather than later.
same can be said for Suggs, right?:crickets:
wow, hadn't noticed how quiet he has been, disruptive force when I've been watching but if he isn't finishing then it doesn't mean much in our game.
Mike Preston 7:56 p.m. EDT, September 28, 2014
On the Carolina Panthers' first play from the line of scrimmage, Ravens outside linebacker Terrell Suggs blew by left tackle Byron Bell and wrapped up quarterback Cam Newton like a bundle of hay.

Suggs didn't get the sack, but Newton's pass was hurried and fell incomplete. For the rest of the game Suggs was either in Newton's face or in his head.

So was fellow outside linebacker Elvis Dumervil and defensive end-outside linebacker turned nose guard Pernell McPhee. For the first time all season, the Ravens kept consistent pressure on a quarterback as Newton left M&T Bank Stadium grimacing and with a limp.

The Ravens had just two sacks, but they hit Newton seven more times and forced him to move countless others. - See more at: http://www.capitalgazette.com/sports/bs-sp-preston-ravens-column-0929-20140928,0,5610753.column#sthash.EVyiyfjc.dpuf

Last edited by a moderator:
DE Frank Alexander, CAR - comes off suspension this week. Probably will just be joining the rotation with Addison, Horton, Ealy but he was impressive in preseason and Carolina desperately needs help.
Suspended an additional 10 games today.

Anybody know what happened to Mike Daniels (GB DE) last week? After 3 decent weeks, he had a goose egg after I picked him up in multiple leagues. Just wondering if he's a relatively safe start this week (I didn't see anything injury-related on him). My other option would be Ngata, most likely.

Golden Gopher said:
Anybody know what happened to Mike Daniels (GB DE) last week? After 3 decent weeks, he had a goose egg after I picked him up in multiple leagues. Just wondering if he's a relatively safe start this week (I didn't see anything injury-related on him). My other option would be Ngata, most likely.
9.5 points in FDSB last nite

Any good waiver wire DE play this week? Watt still not practicing, and Suggs (who I can use as a DL) also not practicing. I'm thinking at least one will go, but I may need a backup. Who's looking good and playing an often sacked QB who might be flying under the radar?

Golden Gopher said:
Yeah, I guess that answers that question. Still curious what happened in Week 3, but it is looking more and more like Daniels is a decent DL3, I would say.

Any good waiver wire DE play this week? Watt still not practicing, and Suggs (who I can use as a DL) also not practicing. I'm thinking at least one will go, but I may need a backup. Who's looking good and playing an often sacked QB who might be flying under the radar?
Bortles - Jax: 20 sacks against - Cameron Heyward?

A.Smith - KC: 13 sacks against - Ian Williams, Ray McDonald, maybe Aaron Lynch (LB but drafted as DL, if Suggs is DL, :shrug: , still part time but snaps rising)

Big Ben - PIT: 11 sacks against - Andre Branch, Sen'Derrick Marks

Stafford - DET: 11 sacks against - who's replacing Kyle Williams if he misses?

Brady - NE: 10 sacks against - Wallace Gilberry

Newton - CAR: 10 sacks against - Willie Young, Ego Ferguson (rookie DT with 2 game sack streak)

Kaepernick - SF: 10 sacks against - Dontari Poe

Is the Williamson hype justified? Can't find too much information about this guy. Certainly the opportunity is there - Titans aren't exactly loaded at LB.

the problem is opportunity

he's only playing a third of the game, and even is he bumps gooden off the field completely those guys have been losing half the snaps to big nickel

Yeah, I guess that answers that question. Still curious what happened in Week 3, but it is looking more and more like Daniels is a decent DL3, I would say.
I hope. I added him in another league. Hope they stick with the 4-3 more but I didn't see much of the game Thur

Trying to figure out the Williamson buzz as well. I read that he got first team practice reps this week. But if he is splitting time with Gooden his upside is capped.

Trying to figure out the Williamson buzz as well. I read that he got first team practice reps this week. But if he is splitting time with Gooden his upside is capped.
i think there were some local beat writers noting that williamson is getting way more reps than gooden. coaches were pleased with him too. why would the coaches become fixed on Gooden as a starter after after two games and possibly getting outplayed in the second one.

But like Kool-Aid Larry said above, his upside will still be capped if he is off the field if they are using a big nickel frequently. Still, he's producing on limited snaps, he's intriguing. Jene and John both suggested it might be a good idea to move on him early and they are usually quick to point out when production is a mirage or if a guy only projects as a two down player.

Another good game in the box score for Willamson and gooden/Woodyard didn't do much. Anyone watch the game and see how he looked?

Kirksey's numbers are trending upward. Look forward to seeing the snap count. May be the last time to get him cheap.

Kirksey's numbers are trending upward. Look forward to seeing the snap count. May be the last time to get him cheap.
I didn't see Robertson out there much at all, but Kirskey had a pretty terrible game. Even if he was out there for about 90% of the snaps I'd be wary about starting him next week, could see him losing some snaps again.

Another good game in the box score for Willamson and gooden/Woodyard didn't do much. Anyone watch the game and see how he looked?
According to ESPN, Williamson played almost as many snaps as Woodyard. He also was calling the defense too. Makes me think he's sticking at ILB.

Just a few guys I have and am following snapcounts for.... Both Whitehead and Trevathan played essentially every down (each missed like 2-3 total snaps). Trevathan moves to every-week player.

I need the Skins scorer to give me some serious assists tonight. Got Keenan Robinson and Bobby Wagner gong.

Since it seems like the members on here are really good at finding stats like where people start before the game and snap counts that I'm not able to easily find (I would appreciate some links if it's possible), I'd like to throw out some names of linebackers who did well this week and see what people think: jacquain Williams, David Lansanah, Prince Shembo, James Michael-Johnson, and Avery Williamson.

I hope. I added him in another league. Hope they stick with the 4-3 more but I didn't see much of the game Thur
I heard his name a bunch on Thursday night. I actually thought he would have scored more than what he did, based on how involved he was. It seemed like he was definitely one of the primary guys getting pressure on Ponder.

Granted, in the leagues I added him, my other options aren't great... I'm basically deciding between Ngata, Daniels, and DT's like Hankins. On the other hand, he's outscored a lot of the higher-ranked guys that I own (Wake, Vernon, Houston, etc.), and is only a couple of points behind Campbell (who I will now be without for a few weeks). So, I'm guessing, with more byes coming up, I'll be starting Daniels more often than not, going forward (assuming he doesn't have another dud like Week 4).

Wagner with turf toe. He was able to return to the game yesterday. Twitter appears unsure if he will play this weekend.

I should have expected this, as I own Trev and Mayo as well in several leagues.

jonboltz said:
Despite his monster stat game, Whitehead only played 51/69 snaps.
Found this from one of the DET papers, sorry for the lack of link but I did copy/paste: "Josh Bynes played 19 snaps in nickel packages in place of Tahir Whitehead, who had two interceptions in 50 plays"

Vontaze Burfict with another head injury. He could be done for a while.
It is amazing how many times this guy has came out of games for head injuries after suffering those concussions weeks ago and been allowed to go back in. We'll he goes in dazed and obviously woozy with a head injury and always comes out with a "eye or stinger/burner" and allowed back on the field. Concussion safety fad over?

Vontaze Burfict with another head injury. He could be done for a while.
It is amazing how many times this guy has came out of games for head injuries after suffering those concussions weeks ago and been allowed to go back in. We'll he goes in dazed and obviously woozy with a head injury and always comes out with a "eye or stinger/burner" and allowed back on the field. Concussion safety fad over?
Hard to tell the difference between stupid and concussed. :shrug:

Correction to my previous post- he didn't necessarily have a head injury since he went back in so quickly. Still some worries about a suspension due to dirty play.

Brandon Graham and Dan Skuta. Is there place for some upside?

Personally, i realy like Graham, but do not know what to think about Skuta.

Also, i'd be curious about your opinion about Bjoern Werner? Last 2 games - 3 sacks. Is he worth roster place?

Brandon Graham and Dan Skuta. Is there place for some upside?

Personally, i realy like Graham, but do not know what to think about Skuta.

Also, i'd be curious about your opinion about Bjoern Werner? Last 2 games - 3 sacks. Is he worth roster place?
In big play leagues, Werner should be rostered. I just added Graham today in my big play league, but primarily as a long-term guy I'd like to get a look at in my dynasty league. Doubt he's worth a spot in a redraft, just not enough snaps.

I'm pondering Tuggle in HOU and C. Nelson in DEN. My gut is telling me Nelson, but the snaps may not be there even with Trevathan going down. Tuggle actually starts at ILB in HOU.

I'm an Eagles fan, and I probably wouldn't roll the dice with Graham. He doesn't get a lot of snaps, and he is behind a lot of players starting in front of him. His recent usage has increased because Mychal Kendricks has been injured for the past four weeks and Demeco Ryans was nursing an injury last week. Therefore, the Eagles are relying on a group of linebackers to cover for Kendricks (especially) and Ryans. Additionally, dating back to Graham's time at Michigan and in the first couple of years of his career with Andy Reid as coach, the Eagles had a 4-3 defense, and he was primarily a pass rusher. His coverage skills were not utilized much until Chip Kelly became coach and installed a 3-4 defense. Therefore, he's learning a new scheme (which he has been decent at doing). However, Graham was terrible in his first couple of years with Reid as coach, and that entrenched him at the bottom of our roster (and a lot of people in Philly were questioning if he would even make the roster this season. He even labeled himself a bust a couple years back). When Kendricks comes back, he should be playing a lot less snaps, and, in my opinion, be sack-dependent for points. Demeco Ryans, Trent Cole, and Mychal Kendricks are the main linebackers in Philly, and Kendricks will be the best linebacker and has the best value going forward. Graham could be the replacement for Trent Cole because Cole is getting older, but no one's sure exactly when that will happen because Cole is still producing decently.

If Kirksey got dropped or wasn't drafted in your redraft league, might be time to take another look at him. Mason Foster was also available in a couple of my leagues, would be a decent pickup if he's out there.

I'm divided between stashing Jason Durant, who looks to be playing 100% of snaps and scoring consistently, Mason Foster, who put up decent, yet similar numbers in his two starts, Koa Misi, or Justin Tuggle. Any comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. .

What are yalls thoughts on these WW guys that should be in for larger roles..

Miles Burris (three down guy now, right?)

Chris Kirksey

Vincent Rey (Lamur should be out again)

Khasheen Greene (All CHi LB are injuries, should be on the field a lot)

Michael Wilhoite (injuries making him a good play this week?)

What are yalls thoughts on these WW guys that should be in for larger roles..

Miles Burris (three down guy now, right?)

Chris Kirksey

Vincent Rey (Lamur should be out again)

Khasheen Greene (All CHi LB are injuries, should be on the field a lot)

Michael Wilhoite (injuries making him a good play this week?)
Lamur should be out again? He hasnt been out yet ?

Users who are viewing this thread