What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiver wire targets: LB bloodbath continues (1 Viewer)

Lamur is doubtful this week and he did not practice Friday. Also Rey Maualuga has been ruled out. Will Vincent Rey be at MLB or SLB?

It should be Jayson DiManche at SLB with Rey in the middle. I have been reading this morning that Mays may play in the nickel today over Rey though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gerald McCoy is my tackle this year, and he hasn't seemed the same after breaking his hand. I hope you're right about him being a good spot play, though, because I'm rostering him this week. I can't wait to see what he can do when his hand is healed, however.

Gholston has put up good average numbers with no nosedives this year. He may be a good candidate for a "good" performance against Minnesota.

What do you think about KC LB James-Michael Johnson?

Now when he is the starter, does he have the capacity to make some significant stats numbers?

When i say that, i think, is he capable to make some sack, QB pressure ... not just 5-7 tckl per game?

And, Is he, long term, a better option than Trusnik or Gooden?
Bump, anyone pls :)
definitely not impressed by Trusnik or Gooden. neither are special or should be starting for your team, especially long term. i don't know if JMJ isn't that good either or if his scheme isn't helping him. i'd avoid investing in any of them.

Telvin Smith really seems to be coming on as of late. Perhaps the Pos injury ushers in increased PT? The guy always seems to e making plays. Thoughts?

Telvin Smith really seems to be coming on as of late. Perhaps the Pos injury ushers in increased PT? The guy always seems to e making plays. Thoughts?
he was a difference maker last week
The concern is that he was already playing in passing downs, and he isn't a MLB. He might push into Hayes snaps more on early downs, but I don't think Poz is going to have *that* much of an effect on him.

jonboltz said:
MAC_32 said:
georg013 said:
he was a difference maker last week
The concern is that he was already playing in passing downs, and he isn't a MLB. He might push into Hayes snaps more on early downs, but I don't think Poz is going to have *that* much of an effect on him.
I'm not banking on him this year, betting the coaches won't consider giving him a full load until he bulks up more. It's going to be tough to keep him off the field if he keeps making plays though, especially late in the game as he did Sunday as it's a sign that he's not wearing down.

Posted this elsewhere and figured I'd add it here.

It looks like Kendricks for Philly will be back this week. He could still be out on your WW.

I don't know if Kendricks will play 100% of snaps this week, though. There will probably be a rotation at Lb this week since Matthews and Acho played decently in replacement of Kendricks.

Thoughts on best pick-up for the rest of the year:

Kirksey

JT Thomas (with Pos out, will be MLB)

Miles Burris

Tair Whitehead (snap count as decreased slightly)

Thanks guys.

Kirksey

Miles Burris

Thanks guys.
I don't have any particular insider info, but I'd take a chance on thomas over the other guys on that list, as I like his situation.

burris is in a good situation, but isn't particularly good, I'm not sold on kirksey, whitehead has probably lost a chunk of snaps permanently on a defense that a little on the famine side to begin with --- but thomas could be on the field a ton in a plum spot on the field.

I suppose burris is the closest comp, but he's already exposed as mediocre, while thomas still has that shiny glint of mystery upside.

Kirksey

Miles Burris

Thanks guys.
Would hope that Whitehead regains some snaps. If you don't believe he will, I'd go Kirksey.

Kirksey

Miles Burris

Thanks guys.
I don't have any particular insider info, but I'd take a chance on thomas over the other guys on that list, as I like his situation.

burris is in a good situation, but isn't particularly good, I'm not sold on kirksey, whitehead has probably lost a chunk of snaps permanently on a defense that a little on the famine side to begin with --- but thomas could be on the field a ton in a plum spot on the field.

I suppose burris is the closest comp, but he's already exposed as mediocre, while thomas still has that shiny glint of mystery upside.
Both are volume plays... It would be surprising if Thomas' numbers are from legitimate good play. I also think Burris is locked in on snaps where Bradley has shown he isn't afraid to play situations on all fronts for his defense.

boy, in my mind Miles Burris is the perfect end of the season LB-

He is going to play all 3 downs at MLB

He is not very good, so teams will target him.

Smells like a recipe for success, if all you want is a good fantasy LB for the rest of the season. If you want a good fantasy LB for the next 5 years, he is not your man.

I guess it depends, are you playing for the championship this season? Or are you building for the future?

If you are building for the future, I like Kirksey the most off of that list and Burris the least.

Smells like a recipe for success, if all you want is a good fantasy LB for the rest of the season. If you want a good fantasy LB for the next 5 years, he is not your man.

I guess it depends, are you playing for the championship this season? Or are you building for the future?

If you are building for the future, I like Kirksey the most off of that list and Burris the least.
He has been terrible and playing every down all year. I think what you see if what you get from him.

He has been terrible and playing every down all year. I think what you see if what you get from him.
It puzzles me why they keep throwing him out there on obvious passing downs.

What about Sio Moore? He has been putting up some good points for Oakland. Shouldn't he be thrown into consideration for the same reasons.

It puzzles me why they keep throwing him out there on obvious passing downs.
I think is analogous to the old adage about getting chased by a bear, you don't have to be faster than the bear, you just have to not be the slowest. They must have no better option. It is a fine line between being bad and being targeted by the opposing offense (making you pretty valuable in fantasy), and getting benched. Burris seems to excel in being "faster" than Ray Ray Armstrong, I guess.

Thoughts on the top 3 pickups for the ROS from this list? Is Mosley the top guy going forward?

Mosley
Greenway
Barr
Moore
Williamson
Thomas III
Bradham
Freeman
J. Williams
Suggs
Riley Jr.

Thoughts on the top 3 pickups for the ROS from this list? Is Mosley the top guy going forward?

Mosley

Greenway

Barr

Moore

Williamson

Thomas III

Bradham

Freeman

J. Williams

Suggs

Riley Jr.
Which one of these is not like the others,

Which one of these just doesn't belong.

I'm not sure, they've all put up good production recently. I'm just trying to sort out who the primary targets would be going forward. Moore is the only one past his bye week I think if that's what you are referring.

Yeah, Rey seems to be dependent upon Burfict or Lamur's being injured, whereas Avery seems to be someone not dependent upon an injury to get snaps. His production last week was good, but his production the previous weeks is not good enough for me to keep him on my team. What, in particular makes him a prime candidate for 8-12 tackles?

Per Hawks reporters/twitter, it appears that Malcolm Smith isn't going to play this weekend. It appears that Brock Coyle will start at MLB, with Wright shifting back to WLB. However, Coyle would only likely play base snaps, with Pierre-Louis playing sub/nickle stuff. I'd imagine that would work out for more snaps for KPL vs Oakland, but neither are recommended.

Per Hawks reporters/twitter, it appears that Malcolm Smith isn't going to play this weekend. It appears that Brock Coyle will start at MLB, with Wright shifting back to WLB. However, Coyle would only likely play base snaps, with Pierre-Louis playing sub/nickle stuff. I'd imagine that would work out for more snaps for KPL vs Oakland, but neither are recommended.
The vibe I am getting out of Carroll is that KPL is the long term play here. He's done enough in ST play and is finally getting snaps in game. He did ok and will continue to effectively audition.

what's the word on Christian Jones? I have him in my 32 team league on my taxi. But I've been struggling with my LB corps due to inconsistency. Is he starting in CHI? If so, which LB spot and is he just a base or sub package guy? I see he had 8 assists last week...that's 8 points in this league!

I'm not 100% sure but Coyle officially started last week. However, he saw all of 3 snaps. The play, in my opinion, is Pierre-Louis. He looked fantastic, and adds some much needed speed to the defense. It's the Raiders so Coyle may see a lot of action, but I'll be surprised if KPL doesn't significantly see more if the game is close.

Now Patrick Willis on the IR.

Fortunately I also own Clay Matthews, who has a DE designation in our league as a 3-4 OLB. If he keeps playing at ILB then that will be a huge value for me.

Users who are viewing this thread