What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Destiny Thread *** Xbox One & PS4 (if we have to) (1 Viewer)

phrozen

Footballguy
got the limited edition dropped off this AM from Amazon :thumbup:

Maxed out my hunter and warlock characters during the beta

ready to get it on :thumbup:

How come nobody is talking about this game? The commercials look awesome and the free next gen upgrade has almost convinced me to buy it. I just wanted to see some reviews of it first.

I'm finally getting around to playing - having to install the update and then my 2 bonus packs for buying the limited edition. I really liked the game. Some people thought it was repetitive but I think that had more to do with it being a beta rather than the actual game play.

we will see :thumbup:

How come nobody is talking about this game? The commercials look awesome and the free next gen upgrade has almost convinced me to buy it. I just wanted to see some reviews of it first.
Metacritic score of 5.5

Nothing but hype
Just looked for a second. It looks like everyone is giving it either a 10 or a 1 and the actual numbers are pretty split down the middle with a slight lead going to the 10s. Neither of those seem like objective scores at all. I guess I'll read some of those reviews and see if the people have actual objective thoughts.

Metacritic score of 5.5

Nothing but hype
Just looked for a second. It looks like everyone is giving it either a 10 or a 1 and the actual numbers are pretty split down the middle with a slight lead going to the 10s. Neither of those seem like objective scores at all. I guess I'll read some of those reviews and see if the people have actual objective thoughts.
I think people were promised or expected something ground breaking and it didnt deliver.

I played the beta and was a big fan, especially of the co-op play.

I don't think your characters carry over though...

Metacritic score of 5.5

Nothing but hype
I think people were promised or expected something ground breaking and it didnt deliver.
I played the beta. I went back to playing Battlefield 4 the last few days of the Destiny beta if that tells you anything.

Notorious T.R.E. said:
phrozen said:

You are correct based on what I read.

Buddy Ball 2K3 said:
Slider6 said:
Buddy Ball 2K3 said:
Slider6 said:
Metacritic score of 5.5

Nothing but hype
have you played the Beta?

Notorious T.R.E. said:
phrozen said:

You are correct based on what I read.
no they don't

with the limited edition, I get an upgraded ship, ghost, armor, gun right away with some really powerful stuff that unlocks as I level up.

I liked the beta, but shortly after it ended, word leaked out that the game doesn't have as much content as has been advertised. So I decided to put it off for a few days and wait for player reviews. If the "small world" story is true, it won't take long for that to come out on NeoGaf and elsewhere.

I liked the beta, but shortly after it ended, word leaked out that the game doesn't have as much content as has been advertised. So I decided to put it off for a few days and wait for player reviews. If the "small world" story is true, it won't take long for that to come out on NeoGaf and elsewhere.
I plan on playing it along this week so I will keep everyone posted with the reviews :thumbsup:

I plan on playing it along this week so I will keep everyone posted with the reviews :thumbsup:
Please do. "Official" reviews are mostly unreliable crap IMO, but actual user reviews are really helpful.

if this one ends up being a dud, we have the Master Chief Collection and Halo 5 coming out in November & December :thumbup:

Notorious T.R.E. said:
phrozen said:

They don't.

I'm in though.

Also on PS4 now :coffee:

I've got it on ps4 today and looking for some people to partner up with. Im currently level 3 and playing for a few hours. Any fbg feel free to add me, gamertag: sslayton320.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be firing this up on the PS4 when I get back from a work trip on Thursday night. I'll probably suck. I go by EastCoastBias on PSN.

Hey guys still getting into it. Was hoping to play late into the night but was too exhausted to went to bed early.

Plan on playing it a bunch today. Early impression is the difficulty is much more challenging than the beta. I was able to beat every level in the beta with ease by myself (except for the level with the three gigantic bosses) and right now i am on level 3 with the giant swarm and i get destroyed as soon as thre swarm hits. Died a couple of times on level 2 also.

The AI is a lot smarter too. Don't expect to Leeeeeeroy Jenkinnnnssss into a situation. You need to play smarter and more strategic which i am loving as stealth is more of my play style.

Ill keep the impressions coming throughout the day.

With the game as challenging as it is even on normal, it seems like coop is the way to go where possible.

XBL Gamertag: Git2DaChoppaa

Hey guys still getting into it. Was hoping to play late into the night but was too exhausted to went to bed early.

Plan on playing it a bunch today. Early impression is the difficulty is much more challenging than the beta. I was able to beat every level in the beta with ease by myself (except for the level with the three gigantic bosses) and right now i am on level 3 with the giant swarm and i get destroyed as soon as thre swarm hits. Died a couple of times on level 2 also.

The AI is a lot smarter too. Don't expect to Leeeeeeroy Jenkinnnnssss into a situation. You need to play smarter and more strategic which i am loving as stealth is more of my play style.

Ill keep the impressions coming throughout the day.

With the game as challenging as it is even on normal, it seems like coop is the way to go where possible.

XBL Gamertag: Git2DaChoppaa
Agree that it's more difficult, which is good. When you have to waste that big dude to get your ship I ran out of ammo and had to run around in a panic for a bit to collect more. I'm at lvl 3 as well...I stopped last night just before the swarm.

also recommend finding the right gun that works for you. Headshots are key in this game as well. Your rewards after a level are not only based on the number of kills you get but the number of precision kills (i.e. headshots) as well as ability kills. The more of those you get, the better loot rewards you get.

Also, I like that you lose your radar when you zoom in for a more accurate shot. Also, like the fact that you can't reload while running. It makes you think about when the best time to reload rather than just running around and reloading while in a full sprint..

Just today. I was firing at a group of enemies and I thought they had hidden under some bunkers. I zoomed out to find out the entire group was flanking me and trying to attack me from the back (that's what she said). Really cool AI.

XBL gamertag Xx Hawks64 xX

Would love to join a fireteam if you can actually communicate. Haven't even started yet and won't be able to till Sat night/Sun :kicksrock:

Played the beta, enjoyed it. Downloaded the game last night, but haven't played yet.

So far all my fellow gamers seem to enjoy it, and if you played the beta it seems there's more loot options this time around.

Quite possibly one of the bigger letdowns I can recall.

This was supposed to be an exploratory space cowboy experience and its nothing more than a halo shoot em up with new paint slapped on it.

Repetitive and really doesn't allow you to just go out and what you want and take it all in.

Quite possibly one of the bigger letdowns I can recall.

This was supposed to be an exploratory space cowboy experience and its nothing more than a halo shoot em up with new paint slapped on it.

Repetitive and really doesn't allow you to just go out and what you want and take it all in.
This was the sense I got from the beta...
to be fair - the beta only allowed us to explore earth - there are many more planets out there that we haven't seen yet. I am holding out judgment until I can get to some of those other areas.

Any fbg reviews?
I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm more of a COD guy and not really into MMO type games or even playing the campaign of any game. I also played the beta and am only slightly farther than I got there and it's still been fun.

Haven't even bothered to go in the Crucible (multiplayer) yet and I'm at level 7 (Hunter) - you have to be level 5 for MP.

I also have a level 2 Warlock that I started with but switched over to Hunter since I did Warlock in the beta.

Wow the first level of the moon is intense! Fallen drive speeders too and you can shoot them off and take theirs which fire pulses. I am guessing that our speeder upgrades to fire rounds too. Really enjoying the moon so far.

Can anyone explain how the MMO part works?

How many people max are in a world?
MMO is pretty much just in the campaign type parts of the game. You'll randomly see others running around completing other missions or story levels depending on their rank. You can also do missions with your friends.

The multiplayer (FPS) area is completely separate from all of that.

MMO is pretty much just in the campaign type parts of the game. You'll randomly see others running around completing other missions or story levels depending on their rank. You can also do missions with your friends.

So for the campaign, will you literally see thousands of people running around, or is it finite?

To join up with someone do you then go to a separate world? I guess I'll probably have to play to figure it out, but I have so many questions.

So for the campaign, will you literally see thousands of people running around, or is it finite?

To join up with someone do you then go to a separate world? I guess I'll probably have to play to figure it out, but I have so many questions.
I would also like to know these questions. Also, about how much of the game is campaign based versus possible PVP for an average person? Ignore the game I'm about to suggest because I am in no way saying Destiny is like one of these games, because I don't know and have been out of the loop, but would the game be played more like Bordelands or COD multi essentially for the majority of the play time?

I don't mind the game overall but personally I think the MMO aspects of the game are pretty pointless and a fail. Would have preferred it just have Borderlands style co-op.

I would also like to know these questions. Also, about how much of the game is campaign based versus possible PVP for an average person? Ignore the game I'm about to suggest because I am in no way saying Destiny is like one of these games, because I don't know and have been out of the loop, but would the game be played more like Bordelands or COD multi essentially for the majority of the play time?
you don't ever have to do PVP if you don't want to. There's a specific planet you go to for PVP, and the only story-related benefit of playing PVP (from what I gather) is getting unique weapons or armor as rewards for completing certain challenges.

hxperson said:
I don't mind the game overall but personally I think the MMO aspects of the game are pretty pointless and a fail. Would have preferred it just have Borderlands style co-op.
Explain please..

I would guess that the campaign/story worlds are segmented by server or region. I've never run across more than 20-30 other people in one place so far.

It may also be separated by level. Not sure.

Users who are viewing this thread