What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Seattle Seahawks - Road to 19-0 (1 Viewer)

Will the Seahawks win the Super Bowl

• Yes

Votes: 30 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 73 70.9%

• Total voters

East Coast Bias

Footballguy
I think we saw enough in week 1 to know that the Seahawks are in a class by themselves. Should win every game by double digits. The only real question is if their backups can beat the Cards and Rams at the end of the year.

Code:
Week	Opponenet	Result1	Green Bay	W 36-162	@San Diego	3	Denver	4	Bye	5	@Washington	6	Dallas	7	@St. Louis	8	@Carolina	9	Oakland	10	NY Giants	11	@Kansas City	12	Arizona	13	@San Francisco	14	@Philadelphia	15	San Francisco	16	@Arizona	17	St. Louis

Anyone else think it's a bit messed up that Sea basically got 3 extra days to prepare for SD than SD did for them? Sea playing the 1st game of the week and SD playing the last.

You're gonna need Percy Harvin to be a top-3 PPG WR in fantasy football this year, but yes, I think you can do it, given your advantages on both sides of the ball. Health to your top players on each side is key.

Whoever voted no has some explaining to do.

:12thman:
I think the fact that it's hard to Repeat in the NFL. Pop quiz for you 12th. In last 15 years how many teams have repeated??? 1 Pats 03-04. I see Denver finally getting over hump and winning the RING this year.

Think we need to pump the brakes here. Let's not forget last year's SB winning seahawks almost lost to the Bucs at home and almost dropped one to the rams as well in games that actually mattered. That tells me they sometimes play down to their level of competition and/or take certain opponents for granted. Having a superbowl trophy in the clubhouse only serves to reinforce that mentality. I wouldn't be surprised if they got upset by a team that has no business beating them this season.

Think we need to pump the brakes here. Let's not forget last year's SB winning seahawks almost lost to the Bucs at home and almost dropped one to the rams as well in games that actually mattered. That tells me they sometimes play down to their level of competition and/or take certain opponents for granted. Having a superbowl trophy in the clubhouse only serves to reinforce that mentality. I wouldn't be surprised if they got upset by a team that has no business beating them this season.
I think we expect a tough game from the Rams in their stadium. We absolutely played down to the Texans and Bucs last year, and lost a winnable game to Indianapolis too.

I really hate people already proclaiming us the SB champs like this. I'd prefer to continue to expect it to be extremely difficult to repeat and that repeating can only be done with a certain amount of luck.

I think they go 13-0 and then a video comes out proving that Russell Wilson is actually a robot. There is civil unrest and he is kicked from the team only to be replaced by an unknown grocery clerk named Ruskel "T-1000" Wilton.

19-0 and they defeat the Patriots. And then Isis. And then Cuba.

So...When Hawks fans get a bad rap from pretty much everyone else here on the board, we'll point to this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
They lost 3 games last year, to IND, SF and ARI (at home).

Among the wins, they beat CAR by 5, HOU by 4 (OT), TEN by 7 at home, STL by 5 and TB by 3 (OT) at home.

Half of their games were either a loss or a margin of victory of a TD or less.

Harvin is a huge addition compared to last season.

So...When Hawks fans get a bad rap from pretty much everyone else here on the board, we'll point to this thread.
For the record, I'm a Seahawks fan and I tried to turn it into a spoof. They are far more likely to go 12-4 than 16-0. And I'll be fist bumping everyone at 12-4. They do look good this year but I have way too many 8-8ish seasons burned into my soul to expect this kind of nonsense. 1-0 each week... that's all I wish for but I know I'm going to have some pissed off weeks in my near future.

Based on your statement above its clear you know NOTHING about the organization.

They lost 3 games last year, to IND, SF and ARI (at home).

Among the wins, they beat CAR by 5, HOU by 4 (OT), TEN by 7 at home, STL by 5 and TB by 3 (OT) at home.

Half of their games were either a loss or a margin of victory of a TD or less.

Harvin is a huge addition compared to last season.
It's also important to remember Russell Wilson talks to Jesus in his dreams, and looks like the black Donny Osmond.

Based on your statement above its clear you know NOTHING about the organization.
I know that an 8-1 seahawks team went down 21-0 to an 0-8 Bucs team in the first half at HOME. If that isn't playing down to the competition or taking an opponent for granted, I don't know what is.

You're a coward.
I have no idea what you mean by that. :shrug:
I challenged you to police your own. You're not up to the challenge. You're afraid of the reaction you'll get from Packer fans. You would rather keep telling yourself the lie that one group of random football fans is somehow inferior to another group of random football fans. You didn't direct your comment to a single poster. You would rather be lazy and direct it to "Hawks fans". You keep repeating the lie with comments like the one above. If Hawks fans earn a bad rap its because guys like you want to project ITS onto guys like me. You're in the wrong. You know it. Problem for you is that no matter how many times you keep trying to retell that lie its still a lie. You'll keep doing it until someday you look in the mirror and decide you're unsatisfied with what you see. So yeah, for now I think you're a coward.

EDIT: And you're oblivious to the fact that the guy who started the thread isn't a Seattle fan. Go figure.

Just now looking at their schedule, holy ####. Softer than the Broncos schedule last year.
Pretty sure it was considered one of the hardest when the schedules came out. Obviously a lot of that changes as the season goes on, and it is inflated because they play the NFC West twice.

I haven't been the most optimistic Hawks fan over the last couple years by a long shot, and I'll be the first to admit that the fans I thought were irrationally optimistic who piss off everyone around here were a lot more right than I was. Maybe they're not just homers. Who knows?

I haven't been the most optimistic Hawks fan over the last couple years by a long shot, and I'll be the first to admit that the fans I thought were irrationally optimistic who piss off everyone around here were a lot more right than I was. Maybe they're not just homers. Who knows?
If you've paid attention, you would have noticed the team getting consistently better and consistently younger. Those are all good things, which lead to good seasons. Not that hard to be optimistic.

If you've paid attention, you would have noticed the team getting consistently better and consistently younger. Those are all good things, which lead to good seasons. Not that hard to be optimistic.
Damn, if only I'd have paid attention

Damn, if only I'd have paid attention
Agreed.

What's the best record by a team a year after winning the Super Bowl?

Even the 1989 49ers went 14-2.

You're a coward.
I have no idea what you mean by that. :shrug:
I challenged you to police your own. You're not up to the challenge. You're afraid of the reaction you'll get from Packer fans. You would rather keep telling yourself the lie that one group of random football fans is somehow inferior to another group of random football fans. You didn't direct your comment to a single poster. You would rather be lazy and direct it to "Hawks fans". You keep repeating the lie with comments like the one above. If Hawks fans earn a bad rap its because guys like you want to project ITS onto guys like me. You're in the wrong. You know it. Problem for you is that no matter how many times you keep trying to retell that lie its still a lie. You'll keep doing it until someday you look in the mirror and decide you're unsatisfied with what you see. So yeah, for now I think you're a coward.

EDIT: And you're oblivious to the fact that the guy who started the thread isn't a Seattle fan. Go figure.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

In mid-season form already.

Users who are viewing this thread