What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The new software is awkward? Terrible? (1 Viewer)

dante68

Footballguy
Multiple clicks required to switch between teams is annoying.

No player list? Only opens when "new bid" is opened? What about looking at last years stats? A list of all of this years players that is sortable by PPG or any category?

Not to mention the live scoring and loading issues previously mentioned.

What does everyone else think?

I agree that its been a complete disaster so far but I have faith that they will clean up the issues -- although its been very slow so far. If not, then itll be on to a different firm next year.

This is my first year doing the FPC and I am completely disappointed. My problems began with the draft and seem to keep piling up. Not being able to look for and research FAs until today is just unacceptable.

The other big issue for people like myself with a bunch of leagues is that their is no myfbg functionality with ffpc. The lack of that functionality is going to be a huge time-waster

Guys, have faith. I have been playing in the FFPC for about 5 years now and they will get it right. This is a very big undertaking and will take some time to get it nailed. I strongly recommend you email Dave with any suggestions. He is very receptive to new ideas.

32 Counter Pass said:
Guys, have faith. I have been playing in the FFPC for about 5 years now and they will get it right. This is a very big undertaking and will take some time to get it nailed. I strongly recommend you email Dave with any suggestions. He is very receptive to new ideas.
Here's the thing. I'm not a complainer but the first couple weeks are usually the most important.

2nd I can't believe this wasn't something that was tested prior to trying to roll it out to make sure everything ran correctly.

I realize with new software there will be issues but these are not small things.

The 1 complaint I have outside of what others already noted, the FA player screen gives you the next Opponent and the pts only?? RT has the entire game log for each player shown along with the next 2 opponents even, also the avg ppg for each guy...Its just way more informative then "Here is the player, this is their total. Add." Come on.

Unless it looks different on the PC, (I'm using my iphone at the moment)

Last edited by a moderator:
The 1 complaint I have outside of what others already noted, the FA player screen gives you the next Opponent and the pts only?? RT has the entire game log for each player shown along with the next 2 opponents even, also the avg ppg for each guy...Its just way more informative then "Here is the player, this is their total. Add." Come on.

Unless it looks different on the PC, (I'm using my iphone at the moment)
Nope, you've got it right. I expected more, that's for sure. I'm guessing interns were hired to build the hosting site. It's pathetic, actually. At $350 per team, we have a right to complain when given garbage.

This is correct. The software is a work in progress just like any other and we have already come a long way since launching earlier this year. We have made some improvements just in the last couple of days and more will be coming every day. It simply takes time so all we ask for is patience. Tonight was a big test of the waiver wire and it seemed to have worked great but we have about 10+ improvements we are looking to make on this alone over the next week or two. So my point is, it will continue to get better. This is no different than when we were on the previous platform. When we launched with RTSports in 2010, everyone absolutely hated it. Four years later and everyone loved it. One thing I promise is it won't take you four years to like this current one.

Waivers went very smooth this evening. Do you know when it might be updated into myfbg so we can more easily track our teams --- this would be very helpful for those of us with a bunch of teams?

Chill out bro's...... if any of you were gamers as of recent you would realize that this is pretty common upon release. Hell...most games have patches that occur within a day of release. Its the nature of technology these days.

Another few issues;

I can't see what the failed bids were for all the players?

I also can't see the remaining funds of the other teams?

Pretty ridiculous honestly.

I have been playing this for a few years as well and the excuses being made here are silly. Test the product ahead of time not when it goes live. Glitches I could understand but it seems to me that entire areas of normal league functionality are just missing.

It's incredibly irritating to use and I for one will be taking some or all of my FF money elsewhere next year if these things aren't addressed. Given the great customer service I've experienced with the FFPC in the past, it saddens me that the ball was dropped so badly on this software release.

Alex, I for one am not judging at this point, I know how much time it takes to get new software in and the sacrifices that have to be made to get the software up and running on time. Keep on showing your dedication to fix the issues and make improvements on the functionality and I will be back next year. Things that are important to me personally:

• Being able to use myFBG to link my leagues as this is a huge time savor (and the most important thing from my perspective).
  • I did like the trending reports you had last year, not as important for early in the year but later on it will become very important as we try to identify trends in making waiver wire decisions.
  • I also liked to see what the failed bids were as it helps me understand "the market" for certain positions for future bids. I wouldn't view this as critically important but any info is helpful.
  • Not a huge deal but if there are ways to imrpove some of the navigation that would be helpful. For example, in the my teams page it was great to get the live scoring for all my teams but I couldn't figure out how to actualy get directly to the detailed scoring without going to my team first. If the scores were linked to the my team page it would save some time.
Thanks for all the hard work you and your team are doing here, it is very much appreciated!!!

Another few issues;

I can't see what the failed bids were for all the players?

I also can't see the remaining funds of the other teams?

Pretty ridiculous honestly.

I have been playing this for a few years as well and the excuses being made here are silly. Test the product ahead of time not when it goes live. Glitches I could understand but it seems to me that entire areas of normal league functionality are just missing.

It's incredibly irritating to use and I for one will be taking some or all of my FF money elsewhere next year if these things aren't addressed. Given the great customer service I've experienced with the FFPC in the past, it saddens me that the ball was dropped so badly on this software release.
What's irratating and ridiculous is your DAM* impatience and your primma-donna (5 star dining only) attitude. Give people a break and put all your WHINING in perspective (nothing worse than a whinny person). Instead of whining, why don't you do something entrepreneurial and get off your A**. You will start to see all the hard [behind the scenes work] that the general public doesn't see. You can tell you never dealt with the public before or waited tables with that attitude.

In dealing with customers my whole life the worst type of customer is dealing with someone that has never been in the service industry before. You can always spot these guys out by their attitude and "its all about me" demeanor.

While I do appreciate you attacking my character, I will continue to express my opinion as I see it. Money talks in all industries. If I went to a restaurant where I received bad service I probably wouldn't go there again.

listen guys, more than 50% of software projects fail. its very complicated stuff. however, in this case the development team really just seams incompetent. This is what happens when a company outsources their core products. Its really a cluster#### and its a shame that the disagreement between ffpc and rts has really hurt the product. In hindsight , ffpc should have leased the rts software for another season.. im sure, they could have made it happen if they paid them enough.

sadly, I don't see this getting 100% fixed till 2016 season. I wont stop playing ffpc, but its not as much fun as it used to be.

While I do appreciate you attacking my character, I will continue to express my opinion as I see it. Money talks in all industries. If I went to a restaurant where I received bad service I probably wouldn't go there again.
Good for you.... but regardless of how you felt the service was that doesn't give you the right to be rude to the staff.

Alex can you guys fix the FA results page? It's all over the place. Be nice if all the transactions were in chronological order. Or even shown team by team pickups. It's a mess navigating through that at the moment. Just a suggestion. Thx

Alex can you guys fix the FA results page? It's all over the place. Be nice if all the transactions were in chronological order. Or even shown team by team pickups. It's a mess navigating through that at the moment. Just a suggestion. Thx
Yep, we need to sort that page better.

One of the most common complaints, which I share, is that the website does not link to myfbg. This sort of integration is pretty standard. Moreover, it seems bizarre that footballguys puts its name on a contest that is not compabitlity with one of its own key products (myfbg). Finally, maybe I have missed it, but except for a "we're working on it message on footballguys myfbg page," I can find little about why this feature is difficult to program and when it will exist.

I agree -- not having the link to FBG is a tremendous inconvenience and a much bigger issue in my opinion then any of the others mentioned.

Did anyone have any issues with their waiver bids being "lost" or not registering? We've already had the issue with some trade requests but now had a similar issue with a waiver request that was put in and somehow disappeared. Curious if anyone else had something similar.

One of the biggest outstanding issues for me is not being able to see the stats and fantasy points scored for players when going through the bidding creation process. The player list shows next opponent and average fantasy points and when I click into a player for more detail, it doesn't give the points scored for each week nor does it provide their stats for those weeks. There's also no way to see the players upcoming schedule. This is a huge problem and I hope it gets addressed immediately.

I noticed also that when accessing the site on the iphone) it does not show the scores on the My Teams page. Furthermore, when the scores do show on a PC/Mac, there's no hyperlink to jump to the box score.

For all the bashing, I will throw a compliment out. The FA add/drop (Bid group etc) process is very user friendly. You can literally add 10 guys to a Bid group in like 1 minute. Then adjusting their bids/moving up and down is pretty seamless. So there is that.

I do wish the FA results page would get sorted out asap. Its a cluster%)$@

For all the bashing, I will throw a compliment out. The FA add/drop (Bid group etc) process is very user friendly. You can literally add 10 guys to a Bid group in like 1 minute. Then adjusting their bids/moving up and down is pretty seamless. So there is that.

I do wish the FA results page would get sorted out asap. Its a cluster%)$@
the copy bid group is great too.

but the live scoring is a complete mess. i have many teams. its ridiculous that i cant have a tab open for each of my teams. no. i gotta go to each team individually and can only see one score at a time. that should be a high priority to fix.

why cant i find the faab report right now? nothing shows up when i click the tab.
because it is now in Week 3 and that won't be out until tomorrow - you would have to click on Week 2 to see last week's report
i did that. i wanted to see how people in my league were bidding. i clicked on week 2 and nothing showed up.
There seems to be some sort of a glitch with the Weeks 1, 2, 3 as they need to be clicked twice to work. I emailed the dev team to fix it but it definitely works. We'll also have that FAAB Report page sort by highest to lowest bid.

but the live scoring is a complete mess. i have many teams. its ridiculous that i cant have a tab open for each of my teams. no. i gotta go to each team individually and can only see one score at a time. that should be a high priority to fix.
This is on the to-do list but not a simple fix. In the meantime, there are a couple of work arounds.

If you have a lot of teams, you can follow all their live scoring from your MyTeams page. Obviously that page doesn't give you detailed scoring.

If you have a handful of teams and you want each live scoring page to be open at once, you can open each in a separate browser. So one in Firefox, one in Chrome, another in IE and another in Safari. That would make 4 leagues. You can go one step further and open a Private browsing tab in each of the browsers and open another league there. That could possibly be 8 leagues open at once. I understand this is a bit cumbersome and like I said, we are going to get this corrected, but it is a temporary solution.

The FA page is great now. Well done on the fix.

My only complaint now would be the "rounding up/down" of scores on the league scoreboard. Why can't you guys just show the true score? Its nitpicking I know but that annoys me haha.

The FA page is great now. Well done on the fix.

My only complaint now would be the "rounding up/down" of scores on the league scoreboard. Why can't you guys just show the true score? Its nitpicking I know but that annoys me haha.
We've also improved the load time when opening the bidding page. Should mot be more than 1-3 seconds now.

The FAAB Report page is now sorted from high to low winning bids and you can also see if the bid was processed on Wednesday or Friday.

I agree with you on your second point. I'll add it to my list :)

Nice job Alex on the tweaking and improvements to the software. I was personally happy to see the players stat tab go up. I know you guys have taken some bashing in here,and I expressed some concerns earlier,but the work being done on your part is noticeable and appreciated.

Rubi said:
Nice job Alex on the tweaking and improvements to the software. I was personally happy to see the players stat tab go up. I know you guys have taken some bashing in here,and I expressed some concerns earlier,but the work being done on your part is noticeable and appreciated.
+ 1

Just when I start complimenting the system, something is going on with the F/A adds...Once you save your bid group and then come back to 'edit' it, the 1st player in my group is disappearing. Its happening every time now...Can you assist Alex?

thx

Just when I start complimenting the system, something is going on with the F/A adds...Once you save your bid group and then come back to 'edit' it, the 1st player in my group is disappearing. Its happening every time now...Can you assist Alex?

thx
Just heard back from the dev team. This has to do with a bidding page upgrade that went into effect just yesterday. Here is the response from the developer:

"This is likely related to changing the bid group page to support paging rather than bringing back the whole player pool when the page opens. I am guessing that he is editing a bid group where the requested player(s) is not in the initial set of 100 players (the top 100 ranked by YTD fantasy points) loaded into the page. This will not be a quick fix so I suggest he deletes the bid group and recreates a new one for now. He could also just add the removed player back into the bid group - he will be able to find the player with the filters or paging. I will get it fixed asap but it won't likely be before bidding closes tonight."

Ok thanks Alex. That could definitely affect some teams who edit their list and just close the window, not realizing their #1 add just disappeared... U might be hearing that tomorrow

Ok thanks Alex. That could definitely affect some teams who edit their list and just close the window, not realizing their #1 add just disappeared... U might be hearing that tomorrow
I am pretty certain this only happens when you try to edit the existing group which was created prior to the upgrade taking effect.

I am pretty certain this only happens when you try to edit the existing group which was created prior to the upgrade taking effect.
Hmm, the list I created having this issue was done about 2 hrs ago only. Not sure Alex

Hmm, the list I created having this issue was done about 2 hrs ago only. Not sure Alex
We're looking into it. I was not able to duplicate the problem myself just before with a brand new bid group. It was saving and editing just fine.

We're looking into it. I was not able to duplicate the problem myself just before with a brand new bid group. It was saving and editing just fine.
Same thing is happening to me Alex and I just put the bids in a couple hours ago...

Alex can you have someone look and explain this - Wed was 9/24 > look at the many different dates and times when FAAB were recorded for this league - September 1, 7 PM, D

09/23 10:04 PM (WED) High Boltage Nick Novak, PK (SD ) Brandon McManus PK DEN $7.00 Player Added

09/24 07:20 PM (WED) Next Highest Bid Nick Novak, PK (SD ) $1.00

09/23 08:02 PM (WED) Captain Morgan Brandon Myers, TE (TB ) Tim Wright TE NE $4.00 Player Added

09/23 08:01 PM (WED) Captain Morgan Geno Smith, QB (NYJ ) Jonathan Grimes RB HOU $3.00 Player Added 09/25 09:24 PM (FRI) Grayhawks Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE (TB ) Ronnie Hillman RB DEN $1.00 Player Added 09/25 03:41 PM (FRI) Guy 2 Chainz Jace Amaro, TE (NYJ ) Joseph Randle RB DAL $1.00 Player Added

09/24 07:20 PM (WED) Crimson Powerhouse 3 Dan Bailey, PK (DAL ) Mike Nugent PK CIN $1.00 Player Added

Alex can you have someone look and explain this - Wed was 9/24 > look at the many different dates and times when FAAB were recorded for this league - September 1, 7 PM, D

09/23 10:04 PM (WED) High Boltage Nick Novak, PK (SD ) Brandon McManus PK DEN $7.00 Player Added

09/23 08:02 PM (WED) Captain Morgan Brandon Myers, TE (TB ) Tim Wright TE NE $4.00 Player Added

09/23 08:01 PM (WED) Captain Morgan Geno Smith, QB (NYJ ) Jonathan Grimes RB HOU $3.00 Player Added 09/25 09:24 PM (FRI) Grayhawks Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE (TB ) Ronnie Hillman RB DEN $1.00 Player Added 09/25 03:41 PM (FRI) Guy 2 Chainz Jace Amaro, TE (NYJ ) Joseph Randle RB DAL $1.00 Player Added

09/24 07:20 PM (WED) Crimson Powerhouse 3 Dan Bailey, PK (DAL ) Mike Nugent PK CIN $1.00 Player Added
Those are dates when bid groups were submitted. The day in ( ) is the processing date.

09/23 08:01 PM (WED) Captain Morgan Geno Smith, QB (NYJ ) Jonathan Grimes RB HOU $3.00 Player Added

09/25 09:24 PM (FRI) Grayhawks Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE (TB ) Ronnie Hillman RB DEN $1.00 Player Added

09/25 03:41 PM (FRI) Guy 2 Chainz Jace Amaro, TE (NYJ ) Joseph Randle RB DAL $1.00 Player Added

So the two bolded were added AFTER the run on 9/24 but still processed in that batch????

I still don't see the bid groups from Friday, 9/6 on my league - is this the only league that had that problem?

09/23 08:01 PM (WED) Captain Morgan Geno Smith, QB (NYJ ) Jonathan Grimes RB HOU $3.00 Player Added

09/25 09:24 PM (FRI) Grayhawks Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE (TB ) Ronnie Hillman RB DEN $1.00 Player Added

09/25 03:41 PM (FRI) Guy 2 Chainz Jace Amaro, TE (NYJ ) Joseph Randle RB DAL $1.00 Player Added

So the two bolded were added AFTER the run on 9/24 but still processed in that batch????

I still don't see the bid groups from Friday, 9/6 on my league - is this the only league that had that problem?
This is Dave. I don't understand the question you are asking to be honest. Those two players were in the Friday waiver run and have the (FRI) next to the time. They are sorted from highest bid to lowest.

There were no waivers heading into week one of the Footballguys Players Championship. They started in week 2.

Sorry Dave that should have been 9/26 this Friday thus my question

I didn't see the FRI in with the WED

Because the bid report is not Friday the Wednesday (as I think it was in earlier weeks) or Wednesday then Friday but has winning bids interspersed with each other.

Thanks - all good now

Sorry Dave that should have been 9/26 this Friday thus my question

I didn't see the FRI in with the WED

Because the bid report is not Friday the Wednesday (as I think it was in earlier weeks) or Wednesday then Friday but has winning bids interspersed with each other.

Thanks - all good now
No problem, appreciate the comments and questions. I know you are always wanting to help things get better for players. We still need to make that report read better than it currently does. We have some design changes coming and we will eventually get there so it is easy to read and understand.

Anyone know of a way to sort points in individual leagues? Since 2 spots are for top points to get to the playoffs this would be a nice feature to have (unless it's already there and I don't see it).

Users who are viewing this thread