What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Defense Streaming*** - Championship Week(s)! (1 Viewer)

Insein

Footballguy
As usual its better to be one week early then left out in the cold if a defense blows up.

Possible week 3 streamers:

Philly at home vs Washington

New England at home vs Oakland

Miami at home vs Kansas City (with caution, several injuries)

Again some of these may change based on what we see in week 2 but right now these are gettable defenses with good match ups.

ETA: I think I'll just keep this as the Defensive Streaming thread for the year now.

Last edited by a moderator:
As usual its better to be one week early then left out in the cold if a defense blows up.

Miami at home vs Kansas City

Again some of these may change based on what we see in week 2 but right now these are gettable defenses with good match ups.
Just a heads-up that Miami is missing two starting LB in Week 2. Not sure if they will be back for Week3.

Just a heads-up that Miami is missing two starting LB in Week 2. Not sure if they will be back for Week3.
They are missing 3 starting LBs.

True. I should have said that in addition to Dannell Ellerbe who is out for the year, the Dolphins are missing their other two starting LB this week. Don't know if those two will be back for week 3.

Good to note.

Good to note.
Ellerbe was put on IR, but Wheeler and Misi might be back for week 3.

So New England is still a good play for Oakland.

Houston is probably no longer available but they get the Giants this week. So grab if you can.

Colts look like an obvious play against Jax but division game on the road makes me nervous about it.

Colts look like an obvious play against Jax but division game on the road makes me nervous about it.
You know those Candid Camera style shows where they put some prank out in a public space and every pedestrian who walks by ends up falling for it? That's kind of how I feel about streaming the Colts' D. We've all done it, and we've all gotten burned.

Hope I land SD this week.

In deep leagues it's become pointless to stream. Got burnt by NYJ and NO already and they had good matchups.

How about ARI v SF at home? Kaepernick looked rough and even worse without V Davis. If Davis is out again, I feel good about the play, especially at home...If they are on the wire, or somebody may drop this week not liking the matchup...

Pittsburgh/Denver in weeks one and two haven't been very fun. I'm going to try to grab San Diego this week, but I'm not thrilled with it.

Pittsburgh/Denver in weeks one and two haven't been very fun. I'm going to try to grab San Diego this week, but I'm not thrilled with it.
Bills at home does seem risky right now. Maybe they have a let down after the huge emotional week but I'd be scared to try it.

I think you pick up SD because your 2 steps a head.

As mentioned earlier they have some really nice match ups after this week.

Thursday night has potential. TB is not a great offense and ATL underwhelmed in Cincy but they are at home. Could be a play for either defense with the Thursday Night factor but I'd lean ATl over TB for the defense to go with.

Not many good choices on the ww this week...

Chargers @BUF

Saints vsMIN

Falcons vsTB

Saints and Falcons have both looked bad on D.

Considering keeping my Bills D/ST (vsSD) rather than picking any of these up...

DST rankings are hilarious. Go to fantasypros and you'll see that over half of the DSTs have a best worst rating range among experts of like 5-25.

Seems like the Ravens are generally high this week so I'm going after them. Maybe Cleveland after that.

Colts are playing JAX but, damn, it's hard to use a DST with 1 total point in 2 weeks.

Cowboys @ STL seem like a good play to me. Clearly that D is not as bad as they looked in Week 1.

STL, OTOH, is as bad as they've looked on offense.

17seconds said:
DST rankings are hilarious. Go to fantasypros and you'll see that over half of the DSTs have a best worst rating range among experts of like 5-25.

Seems like the Ravens are generally high this week so I'm going after them. Maybe Cleveland after that.

Colts are playing JAX but, damn, it's hard to use a DST with 1 total point in 2 weeks.
I thought about BAL but Hoyer is pretty careful with the ball, has a long streak w/o INT. Leaning CLE or DAL v STL looks good. ARI v SF could be good as well. Kaep may struggle without Davis.

SD has a great stretch until week 13, @BAL, NE, DEN, @SF

Indy's D looked pretty good against a good Philly offense and they have games against @JAC, TEN, @HOU, @NYG, JAC, @CLE, HOU, @TEN

Tennessee has CLE, JAC, HOU and a week 13 schedule of @HOU, NYG, NYJ, @JAC

wudaben said:
SD has a great stretch until week 13, @BAL, NE, DEN, @SF

Indy's D looked pretty good against a good Philly offense and they have games against @JAC, TEN, @HOU, @NYG, JAC, @CLE, HOU, @TEN

Tennessee has CLE, JAC, HOU and a week 13 schedule of @HOU, NYG, NYJ, @JAC
That's a REALLY attractive stretch for Indy.

I got burned by Miami last week (negative points when a merely mediocre game would have given me a victory), but I decided to stand pat this week, just because I couldn't find anyone else I particularly wanted. If they suck again vs KC, the Dolphins are dead to me.

Does anyone else follow /u/quickonthedrawl on reddit?

Touting Miami fairly high this week. Last week great call with Washington

Colts vs. Jags.

Jags gave up 10 sacks last week and Henne looked horrible.

If Colts get the lead and Jax is forced to throw, then you might see multiple sacks and interceptions.

Don't overthink this one. Home or away, division or not, Jacksonville is that bad.

In Indy's defense, haven't they played Denver and Philly on those two weeks? I think if you are looking at Streaming Ds and not Start Every Week Ds, then opponent really does matter a lot.

Colts vs. Jags.

Jags gave up 10 sacks last week and Henne looked horrible.

If Colts get the lead and Jax is forced to throw, then you might see multiple sacks and interceptions.

Don't overthink this one. Home or away, division or not, Jacksonville is that bad.
I think the Colts D are awful, but the two teams that faced Jacksonville so far are both on my waiver wire now themselves (Philly and Washington) and the Jacksonville week is probably going to be thier outlier. If bad defenses can look good against Jacksonville, I think Indy has a legit shot to rack up points too.

I'm on the fence between BUF and SD (playing one another too). BUF is ranked #2 in my league but SD has that nice 4-game stretch. It'll be a waiver-time decision for me on this one.

I'm debating three options -

Chicago - Decent matchup against the Jets, but NY hasn't been the great streaming opponent that we hoped.

Miami - Great performance against New England, but terrible against Buffalo. I'd probably go this direction, but I'm already starting Lamar Miller and Mike Wallace in that game...it seems rough to attach so much hope to a team that's been generally poor.

San Diego - They have looked great so far, but Buffalo isn't a mistake prone offense and have looked solid...so I don't know if I trust the matchup.

I currently have Chicago, but I will probably change my mind another 3-4 times before Sunday.,

As mentioned above, San Diego has a fantastic schedule after this week. The problem is that they first have to face a red hot Bills squad that made the first two defenses they faced put up terrible fantasy numbers. Does anyone have a feel for the match ups between the Chargers defense and Bills offense?

Is there any hope they can put up a decent stat line this week while we wait for the points bonanza in future weeks.

Is everyone assuming KC is not available on the WW? They are in my league, and Miami without Moreno seems like a nice matchup.

How about ARI v SF at home? Kaepernick looked rough and even worse without V Davis. If Davis is out again, I feel good about the play, especially at home...If they are on the wire, or somebody may drop this week not liking the matchup...
I have ARI now. Considering NO. Am I crazy?

I have ARI now. Considering NO. Am I crazy?
No. For reasons listed above (Home opener, Saints 0-2 and desperate, Defense better on paper than what we've seen, Vikings without AP looked awful), I think this could be a big matchup. I'm thinking about picking them up in my other league.

Users who are viewing this thread