What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I am starting Jake Locker over who? (1 Viewer)

msudaisy26

Footballguy
I am not going to say who I have, because I don't want this to be an AC thread. I want to gauge how confident people are in Locker and with a great match up.

Im starting him over RG3 and Big Ben in one league, and over Brady in another.

I even had to drop Big Ben to the WW to do the first one, as I have Gordon on my bench and am having to speculate at RB with a pool of rookies so I have limited roster space

Last edited by a moderator:
I am seeing some rankings that project him higher than Stafford and Ryan. I will not be pulling the trigger after their week 1 performances.

Stafford is an interesting one. The weapons are there, there was less predictability about the offence under the new OC and he DID look vastly improved in some areas of deficiency i.e. footwork, movement in pocket etc, but away to Carolina is a potential low scoring slugfest to me. Their front seven and the pressure it brings, with our great run D and a not fully fit Newton. Benjamin could hurt our secondary, but its all about whether or not Stafford can continue to show what he showed last week, with all the added pressure on him that Carolina will bring.

I could see the slight mental relief in sticking Locker in over him, but thats maybe because I have the added emotiveness/worry through being a Lions fans.

Full disclosure: I intend to start Locker over Brady in two leagues, but one of them is an easier decision as I always have Gronk, so I figure that if Brady has a good game I most likely benefit from it anyway.

Difficult decision between Locker and Cutler....leaning Cutler at the moment, but waiting to see what happens with Alshon/Marshall.

I'm in a QB-flex league so Locker is going to be my flex over Chris Johnson and Joique Bell.

Wow guys starting him over Stafford or Brady are either crazy, have mad stones, or both.

I tried to get him on waivers but would still start RG3 over him. Just need to see a bit more from him.

Dude in my league is starting him over Ben and Romo which seems reasonable.

But stafford? Just seems like more wanting to look smart/ballsy than anything else. Just seems like an unnecessary risk.

Good luck to you guys though. :)

Cutler & Palmer...picked up Locker today (blind bid). Hate having 3 QBs, but Palmer limited all week w/ bum shoulder (plus I don't like the west coast team traveling to east coast angle) & Cutler...well, he's Cutler, but also w/ 2 or 3 linemen down + both Marshall/Jeffery yet to practice this week. Hope like crazy this doesn't blow up in my face

I understand that people are high on Locker this week with a juicy matchup against Dallas. However--I don't understand starting him over a stud like Stafford. I'm a believer in playing your studs--and if you don't have a stud in a particular position--to then use match-ups as a deciding factor. However--there is no way that I would start Locker over Stafford or Ryan. I'd even have a hard time feeling comfortable starting him over Brady or Wilson. I just don't understand why anybody would even draft a Stafford if they are willing to bench him for a guy like Locker but that's just me. Don't get me wrong--I'm not hating on Locker-- and I wish everybody that starts him the best of luck.

This. I like both matchups but I'm rolling with Locker based on the "start everyone I have vs. Dal theory."
This...I am starting him over Wilson. I do feel you need to expand that theory to also include the Giants, especially since the two teams are a package deal for many teams.
I'd think twice before benching Wilson for Locker. Wilson has had almost ten days of rest. I'm not sure if you watched the Chargers/Cardinals game--but the Chargers Defense actually made Carson Palmer look decently mobile. I'd have a hard time benching a rested Wilson--who looked sharp last week--against a defense that made a slug look mobile. I could see both qb's having nice weeks--but I'm not sure I'd have an easy time benching Wilson.

Wow guys starting him over Stafford or Brady are either crazy, have mad stones, or both.

I tried to get him on waivers but would still start RG3 over him. Just need to see a bit more from him.

Dude in my league is starting him over Ben and Romo which seems reasonable.

But stafford? Just seems like more wanting to look smart/ballsy than anything else. Just seems like an unnecessary risk.

Good luck to you guys though. :)
I'm not really doing it to impress my leaguemates or seem clever. The only way I've found to seem clever in the long run is to win a lot of games. This week, I think Locker gives me the better chance to do that. It's a hard decision, but I think it's the right one given what we know. I could be wrong- it's certainly something that happens with depressing regularity. But if I were afraid of looking foolish, I'd have had a much less interesting fantasy career to this point. :)

I'll agree that I'm probably crazy, though. I was just telling someone earlier that I think FBGs brought me on because they decided they needed a bit more crazy. They already had Sigmund and Waldman, but that's a different kind of crazy- that's more of a slow simmering crazy that bubbles up over time and kind of sneaks up on you. Sometimes to cut through all the noise you just need a full-on, manic, hair-on-fire kind of crazy. Something to wake the neighbors and let them know there's fantasy football to be played. That's me. Hair-on-fire, neighbor-waking crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread