What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

All Android/Google All the Time (3 Viewers)

Smart Keyboard from the play store is the best keyboard I've found yet. Worth the $2.75 IMO (there's a free trial app to test drive it)

You can turn the top number row on/off, adjust key height, it has several skins, lots of customizable options.

I've been test driving lots of them lately and this is by far my favorite.

Screen shot with numbers row and my settings

http://i.imgur.com/hP8gs8t.jpg

Without numbers row

http://i.imgur.com/cAlsO2E.jpg
What about this keyboard is better than swiftkey or swype?

Smart Keyboard from the play store is the best keyboard I've found yet. Worth the $2.75 IMO (there's a free trial app to test drive it)

You can turn the top number row on/off, adjust key height, it has several skins, lots of customizable options.

Without numbers row

To me, Everything. Not a fan of either of those.But since I posted that I found and installed Kii keyboard, which I had been using for the last year or so before my last ROM install a few weeks ago, But it disappeared from the play store. Its my favorite by far. I make I'd say 70% less typos with Kii than any other keyboard. The autocorrect is the best I've seen. Its almost always right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picking up a couple of Nexus 7s (2nd gen) for the kids. Can someone recommend a reasonable cover/case for them? Kids are 6 and 8 but fairly respectful of stuff, so I don't need an Otterbox-like tank. Amazon is a plus as I have Prime there.

Picking up a couple of Nexus 7s (2nd gen) for the kids. Can someone recommend a reasonable cover/case for them? Kids are 6 and 8 but fairly respectful of stuff, so I don't need an Otterbox-like tank. Amazon is a plus as I have Prime there.
I love this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E5NOY82/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I probably don't abuse it as much as kids may but It's held up very well over 1 year. It's saved the tablet from multiple falls. The only noted wear is the worn off Poetic insignia which I didn't like anyway.

I also have these two Roocases which I don't like as well. The Dual Station and Dual-view: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E3ZYIRO/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got them all from various sales for $5 each. All in black.

Hate what they

Just got the update today. Hate the new way chrome tabs get treated as apps, can't close an open tab from the same screen, have to hit that square that pulls up the Rolodex of all open apps and chrome tabs and close from there. Hopefully I am missing something here, an easier way?
Open chrome, go to settings, turn off Merge Tabs and Apps. This makes it the way it was before.
I have a N10 and hate that my apps (left) and setting (right) tab are now the same down the middle. Does this fix it?

Without numbers row

To me, Everything. Not a fan of either of those.But since I posted that I found and installed Kii keyboard, which I had been using for the last year or so before my last ROM install a few weeks ago, But it disappeared from the play store. Its my favorite by far. I make I'd say 70% less typos with Kii than any other keyboard. The autocorrect is the best I've seen. Its almost always right.
From your screen shot, my swiftkey keyboard looks exactly the same :shrug:

I know this isn't Google but I just picked up an LG G Pro 10.1 for a 149. I know it's not top of the line or anything but my wife wanted a tablet without breaking the bank.

so far it's pretty decent

I figure for 150 how bad can I get.

maybe next year I'll splurge on a nice tablet but we still don't use them often

I like having my most used apps within one click.

I dont need/want a "clean" homepage.

http://i58.tinypic.com/352rhaf.png
FBG mobile on your homepage?
Ya man.... one of my fave apps. On here all the time during football season... Come Feb, it'll be put on page 2 for a while
i also like FBG mobile, for whatever reason the forums work a lot better for me inside of their app vs. a browser.

So really i just use it for the forums.
FBG would be better served with Tapatalk.

The Nexus 7's finally arrived for the kids. To activate the tablets we set them up under my wife's login for google. Is there a way for me to make sure the kids don't get into her email or whatever? I think that 5.0 allows for profiles but these haven't updated to that yet.

The Nexus 7's finally arrived for the kids. To activate the tablets we set them up under my wife's login for google. Is there a way for me to make sure the kids don't get into her email or whatever? I think that 5.0 allows for profiles but these haven't updated to that yet.
There are profiles in 4.4.4

What may work is one of those app lockers that require a password to open certain apps? You'd want to turn off gmail notifications too.

Google introduces Google My Maps now in Drive

Whether you’re planning an epic road trip with friends or mapping out your favorite runs for a ski vacation, it’s easy with Google My Maps, our custom map creation tool. Starting today, you can access My Maps right from Google Drive, so it’s even easier to create, access and share your custom maps.

Creating a custom map is just as easy as opening up a new Google Doc. Just select “New,” then “More,” then “Google My Maps” to tap into your inner cartographer. Over the next week, all the maps you’ve created will also be accessible in Google Drive, so you can easily organize, manage and share them. Create folders such as “Travel,” “Hiking” and “Holidays,” and search through them to find your favorite custom maps—which might be as varied as Fourth of July Trip, Half Marathon, or SantaCon.
In addition to accessing your Google My Maps in Drive, you can now add more layers and points of interest to your map, import bigger spreadsheets and include more details in each info box. Whether you’re mapping out the best surf spots down under orcampgrounds in California, you can add all your favorite areas with more details across even more layers.

OK, needing an upgrade. I'm looking at the Note. I can get the Note 3 for $50 cheaper than the 4 on my plan. Is there anything with the Note 4 I'm really going to want to have for $50? I'm not a guy that pushes these things to their limits. I'd probably be sticking with my Galaxy SIII without upgrading if the battery wasn't such a huge PITA.

Anyone have a galaxy s tab? Is Sammy not having the s-pen on thetheir tablets now? Did they kill it, or will they come out with a 10 inch Note? I thought the S-pen was a home run, and would be even better for certain applications on a tablet.

Ditched a lot of custom stuff for the Themer launcher. Best launcher I've used, and I've used them all. Even my battery life seems better, and it cuts down a load off the boot process, after having all those icon packs and stuff lol.

Quez said:
Anyone have a galaxy s tab? Is Sammy not having the s-pen on thetheir tablets now? Did they kill it, or will they come out with a 10 inch Note? I thought the S-pen was a home run, and would be even better for certain applications on a tablet.
I picked up a tab s 8.4. Havent used it much yet.

Bull Dozier said:
OK, needing an upgrade. I'm looking at the Note. I can get the Note 3 for $50 cheaper than the 4 on my plan. Is there anything with the Note 4 I'm really going to want to have for $50? I'm not a guy that pushes these things to their limits. I'd probably be sticking with my Galaxy SIII without upgrading if the battery wasn't such a huge PITA.
$50 extra for the latest and greatest vs something a full year out of date? Is this the FFA or not? That's a no-brainer.

Bull Dozier said:
$50 extra for the latest and greatest vs something a full year out of date? Is this the FFA or not? That's a no-brainer.
Maybe he has a Dentist like formula on how his $50 invested now will be $50k when he is too old to enjoy his money.

Is there a setting on the Sticher app whereby the download / listen offline function will only keep the most recent episode? The podcasts I subscribe to are current news / sports related, so I'm only interested in having the most current downloaded on my phone. I would like to set it so a new episode will automatically replace and delete the old one. Any better podcast apps than Sticher?

Is there a setting on the Sticher app whereby the download / listen offline function will only keep the most recent episode? The podcasts I subscribe to are current news / sports related, so I'm only interested in having the most current downloaded on my phone. I would like to set it so a new episode will automatically replace and delete the old one. Any better podcast apps than Sticher?
I haven't used Sticher, but have been really happy with Pocket Casts.

It is very customizable, in general and podcast-specific. You can have it set to keep all episodes, just the latest one, or the latest 2,3,5,or 10 episodes.

Are any users of the Noteams 4 able to change from the Samsung keyboard. I think i had the Google Keyboard on, but it switched back to Sammy default. Now it is like permanently selected and won't let me change it.

Haven't read the thread...

My son has a Samsung Galaxy 5 phone.

What's the best head set with a mic that he can buy to use with his phone? TIA

Maybe he has a Dentist like formula on how his $50 invested now will be $50k when he is too old to enjoy his money.
Well, the price changed over the weekend and the difference is now $100.

I think I'm still sold on getting the newer version. The enhanced abilities of the stylus have me sold.

But no, I'm not the average FBG with seven figure bank accounts. I rarely spend $50 a month on myself for something this non-essential.

The bundle includes apps and games from developers like Halfbrick Studios, Rovio Entertainment and Sega of America, which range in price from $0.99 to $64.99, all for free

What app cost $64.99?
I think it was the "HJ" app complete with glove accessory connected to the vibrate feature... turn your phone into more than just a phone.. but a source of pleasure

The bundle includes apps and games from developers like Halfbrick Studios, Rovio Entertainment and Sega of America, which range in price from $0.99 to $64.99, all for free

What app cost $64.99?
I think it was the "HJ" app complete with glove accessory connected to the vibrate feature... turn your phone into more than just a phone.. but a source of pleasure
You paid $64.99 for that app? You got ripped off.

There is an option on the Note4 to "Fast Charge". Should you unselected this at any time, like if you are using a regular charger?

Fast charging is one of the best things to happen to smartphones in the last 5 years.

Latest system update fixed the Textra/Swiftkey bug (hoo ray). Now if they can just get audio controls back on the lock screen I'll finally embrace Lollipop.

What app cost $64.99?
yeah, but at least i got off

What app cost $64.99?
yeah, but at least i got off
So you're saying I should have paid extra then for the Premium version?

upgraded to the LG G3 after enjoying my G2 for a bit. it's nice, i guess, but the battery life is really sorry. i'm not sure this is a keeper for me.

What app cost $64.99?
and the $64.99 app is?????

The Muscular System Manual: The Skeletal Muscles of the Human Body

What app cost $64.99?

What app cost $64.99?

Yah a bunch of eh stuff.

snellman said:
jhib said:
I don't think I'm seeing these yet in the appstore. All I see are the Grinch and some Bonza puzzle pack. Am I looking in the wrong place?
I am showing a banner above the grinch, click there and it will take you to the apps
Thanks!

I was trying to see them in the app on my phone, but I don't have a banner there. But after seeing your post, I checked it out on my laptop and followed the banner that was there like you said. Then I can just "buy" the ones I want and have them ready in the cloud to download to my phone through the app.

The bundle includes apps and games from developers like Halfbrick Studios, Rovio Entertainment and Sega of America, which range in price from $0.99 to $64.99, all for freeWhat app cost $64.99?

That's a small price to pay for an app the Med students probably use to cheat.

Users who are viewing this thread