Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Buddy Ball 2K3

All Android/Google All the Time

The bundle includes apps and games from developers like Halfbrick Studios, Rovio Entertainment and Sega of America, which range in price from $0.99 to $64.99, all for free

What app cost $64.99?

I think it was the "HJ" app complete with glove accessory connected to the vibrate feature... turn your phone into more than just a phone.. but a source of pleasure

You paid $64.99 for that app? You got ripped off.

and the $64.99 app is?????

The Muscular System Manual: The Skeletal Muscles of the Human Body

The bundle includes apps and games from developers like Halfbrick Studios, Rovio Entertainment and Sega of America, which range in price from $0.99 to $64.99, all for free

What app cost $64.99?

I think it was the "HJ" app complete with glove accessory connected to the vibrate feature... turn your phone into more than just a phone.. but a source of pleasure

Yah a bunch of eh stuff.

I don't think I'm seeing these yet in the appstore. All I see are the Grinch and some Bonza puzzle pack. Am I looking in the wrong place?

I am showing a banner above the grinch, click there and it will take you to the apps

Thanks!

I was trying to see them in the app on my phone, but I don't have a banner there. But after seeing your post, I checked it out on my laptop and followed the banner that was there like you said. Then I can just "buy" the ones I want and have them ready in the cloud to download to my phone through the app.

What app cost $64.99?

That's a small price to pay for an app the Med students probably use to cheat.

Type Happy New Year in Hangouts

Sometimes when I try to type in the chatlog of clash of clans, the keyboard doesn't pop up.

Type Happy New Year in Hangouts

Nothing happened.

Didyousendthemessage?

I've got little guys popping up and dancing etc

Can someone tell me how I can customize the icon on my homescreen when book marking a website? That standard one is so bleh looking. Thanks

*** I just realized by using Chrome it saves a better looking icon vs using Internet. Still would like to know if I can make my own though.

Edited by Gianluca

Really like my tab s 8.4. Perfect size.

Just got my wife this for her birthday - the bronze one. Man it's nice. When I saw the box my heart sunk because the box looks so darn small. But you're right - perfect size.

Do you guys recommend paying for the advanced armor app on an android phone that provides virus protection, backup, etc?

Try a free app like Lookout before paying for a premium version.

Thanks. I also found a Verizon app already on the phone that does virus scan. Funny thing is the verizon scan found no infection, but the armor app did, and asked for $0.99 to fix it.

Do you guys recommend paying for the advanced armor app on an android phone that provides virus protection, backup, etc?

Try a free app like Lookout before paying for a premium version.

i use cleanmaster along with the VZW stock for mobile protection.

no

Is there an easy way to mark favorites on google maps from your current location, or an app that will do the same?

For instance when I am out and find a good photography spot, I'd like to save the location so I can return to it another time. I'd like to do this with many different locations. What's the best/easiest way to accomplish this?

upgraded to the LG G3 after enjoying my G2 for a bit. it's nice, i guess, but the battery life is really sorry. i'm not sure this is a keeper for me.

i couldn't deal with the G3 after all. the battery life was appalling, i thought, and i needed it to be a little less whatever. i picked up the Droid Turbo and love the thing. great device so far! it's as intuitive as i need it to be with room to grow. terrific battery life. plenty of giddyup too.

Is there an easy way to mark favorites on google maps from your current location, or an app that will do the same?

For instance when I am out and find a good photography spot, I'd like to save the location so I can return to it another time. I'd like to do this with many different locations. What's the best/easiest way to accomplish this?

I don't know about the newer versions, I run version 6.14.4 and all you gotta do is tap the blue icon at your location, then again to open the My Location page (where it shows the address if applicable, elevation, street view option, etc) and then tap the star in the upper right to save in My Places. Edited by Wingnut

I don't know about the newer versions, I run version 6.14.4 and all you gotta do is tap the blue icon at your location, then again to open the My Location page (where it shows the address if applicable, elevation, street view option, etc) and then tap the star in the upper right to save in My Places.

in the new version: tap on a location to drop a pin, tap on the pin to add a star (I think you can even add notes there)

Does anyone have any thoughts on the newly announced Asus Zenphone 2? It is rumored to be unlocked and have a $200 price point... if so, I would be interested in that for sure.

Whenever I try to load Hangout anymore it's ridiculously slow. Any ideas?

When is the last time you rebooted?

Whenever I try to load Hangout anymore it's ridiculously slow. Any ideas?

When is the last time you rebooted?

Yesterday when it started going slow

I just set up pushbullet on my chromebook and phone

I now get all of my phone notifications including who is calling, texts and even clash of clans on my chromebook as they happen on my phone

Very cool

ETA: Just realized that is not all you can do. You can also push photos, links and docs. I guess that can be useful if you are not a big google drive person

Edited by AcerFC

Does anyone use PushBullet? If so, what do you use it for, and how often do you use it?

missed this when i searched. sorry for starting a new post. would have just replied

don't the hangout app and google drive do the same thing? Not trying to be a #### just curious as to why pushbullet is better

don't the hangout app and google drive do the same thing? Not trying to be a #### just curious as to why pushbullet is better

My issue with hangout is that it puts all the hangout conversations into my gmail inbox. Not mention I only use hangouts for a few people.

I dont like hangouts. Just my own thing. The google drive is the same stuff but I like having the text notification and even the app notifications on my chromebook. Dont need to get the phone when its not close

I have a stupid question: is there anyway to download iTunes media (podcast) to an android or do I need to buy some sort of apple device? My favorite sports talk show only offers podcast in the through iTunes.

I have a stupid question: is there anyway to download iTunes media (podcast) to an android or do I need to buy some sort of apple device? My favorite sports talk show only offers podcast in the through iTunes.

I use Pocket Casts for my podcasts. I have no idea if you can get iTunes only ones through there though. Seems weird to have an ITunes only podcast.

I use Pocket Casts for my podcasts. I have no idea if you can get iTunes only ones through there though. Seems weird to have an ITunes only podcast.

i've had that problem with some podcasts not being available outside of the itunes network.

not much you can do other than see if the podcast has a website, download it, and put it on your phone manually, which is rubbish, but i've done it for things i wanted to hear

I don't know about the newer versions, I run version 6.14.4 and all you gotta do is tap the blue icon at your location, then again to open the My Location page (where it shows the address if applicable, elevation, street view option, etc) and then tap the star in the upper right to save in My Places.

in the new version: tap on a location to drop a pin, tap on the pin to add a star (I think you can even add notes there)

Unfortunately neither of these worked for me.

When I click the blue dot it makes me pick a business/address nearby. Since the photo spots are often not that close to a residence or business this means the spot I save can be quite a ways away from the actual photo spot.

Clicking on a location to drop a pin doesn't seem to work. When I touch the map somewhere nothing happens. This is the android version, not desktop.

I am on the latest version of maps (at least the latest version available on Android 4.4.4).

i've had that problem with some podcasts not being available outside of the itunes network.

not much you can do other than see if the podcast has a website, download it, and put it on your phone manually, which is rubbish, but i've done it for things i wanted to hear

Dang it - anybody have an old I-phone they want to seel for cheap? I don't care what it looks like only that the battery lasts for a few hours so i can listen to my podcast....

Dang it - anybody have an old I-phone they want to seel for cheap? I don't care what it looks like only that the battery lasts for a few hours so i can listen to my podcast....

http://superuser.com/questions/78415/get-rss-feed-from-itunes-podcast-links

You should first subscribe to the Podcast using iTunes, then open your iTunes library.

If you go to your Podcasts listing in your iTunes library, you will see a list of the Podcasts you subscribe to. Right-click on the Podcast you want to copy the URL of and select "Copy Podcast URL". This will copy the URL to the RSS feed of the Podcast into your clipboard. You can then paste that link into whatever other application you are using.

You can paste the link into Notepad and then enter into any podcast player on Android.

When I click the blue dot it makes me pick a business/address nearby. Since the photo spots are often not that close to a residence or business this means the spot I save can be quite a ways away from the actual photo spot.

Clicking on a location to drop a pin doesn't seem to work. When I touch the map somewhere nothing happens. This is the android version, not desktop.

I am on the latest version of maps (at least the latest version available on Android 4.4.4).

On the older version, even if I'm in a field, I can tap the blue icon and it says My Location accurate to 5 meters, and I can open and star (save) it.

I also like the optional scale bar and zoom buttons on the older version.

:shrug:

Have you tried this app?

Have you tried this app?

I regularly try alternatives as I am addicted to change (new ROMs constantly anyone?). I always return to Doggcatcher. It really is just the best IMO. It's solid and full of cool features. It really just does what it should.

If that isn't working out for you, you could try an app like GPS Status - Test & Fix. Free version shows you your GPS coordinates and allows you to share them. You could email them to yourself with a quick note about the photography spot. Then when you open the email, the coordinates should be a link that brings you to the location in Maps.

I'm on my tablet now, I just did it at some random rural mountain spot in WV. Long press to drop the pin (not tap) then tap the pin to add a star. I'm on version 9.2.0

Edited by Jaysus
  • Like 1

http://superuser.com/questions/78415/get-rss-feed-from-itunes-podcast-links

You should first subscribe to the Podcast using iTunes, then open your iTunes library.

If you go to your Podcasts listing in your iTunes library, you will see a list of the Podcasts you subscribe to. Right-click on the Podcast you want to copy the URL of and select "Copy Podcast URL". This will copy the URL to the RSS feed of the Podcast into your clipboard. You can then paste that link into whatever other application you are using.

You can paste the link into Notepad and then enter into any podcast player on Android.

thanks!

Have you tried this app?

I regularly try alternatives as I am addicted to change (new ROMs constantly anyone?). I always return to Doggcatcher. It really is just the best IMO. It's solid and full of cool features. It really just does what it should.
this did the trick, thank you!!!!!!!!
  • Like 1

Looking for some help .So I think I way a Moto 360 but currently have a 5s. Whats considered the best android at the moment. Interested in a good camera & phone that will get OS upgrades.

Edited by HellToupee

Anyone have mobile browser recommendations? I don't like chrome. Firefox is too much bloat. I trid opera and maxthon and didn't care. I'm testing Dolphin and like how quick it is. Not buggy like some of the other off brand ones. I'm open to trying out others...

Anyone have mobile browser recommendations? I don't like chrome. Firefox is too much bloat. I trid opera and maxthon and didn't care. I'm testing Dolphin and like how quick it is. Not buggy like some of the other off brand ones. I'm open to trying out others...

I really really like Boat Browser.. you have to tinker with it a little while to maximize it, but i love the firefox sync since i use that as my regular browser, as well as the sync of bookmarks to google drive.

i also like their add-on url shortener.

I paid up for the ad-free version it has been so great for me.

I've used Dolphin for a long time ---- side swipe bookmarks and a LastPass add on FTW

Looking for some help .So I think I way a Moto 360 but currently have a 5s. Whats considered the best android at the moment. Interested in a good camera & phone that will get OS upgrades.

nexus 5 or 6 or the Moto X

I cracked the screen on my Nexus 7 and it is worthless now, can't even get past the pattern lock. It looks like the N7 is sold out everywhere except Amazon, that groupon deal for $140 is no longer available. Any ideas of where to find one?

Looks like I might be springing for the N9 if I can't find one. The N9 looks incredible and i guess $400 isn't too bad of a deal. Any of you guys pick up the N9 and have any comments?