What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

All Android/Google All the Time (1 Viewer)

Stupidest thing they did is eliminate the fingerprint sensor. Now to unlock the phone the camera has to slide up every single time to scan you. I'm all for innovation but don't get rid of tried and true tech and rely on the unproven. But with all that said I'd still rather have the camera slider than a damn notch.
Yah I don't mind the slider for the camera, but getting rid of the fingerprint reader is a dumb idea. 

Anyone have a Pixel? Got my xl at launch and patiently waiting on the 3 but this beta has caused some issues on my phone and locked up the wife's phone. Google said sorry, out of warranty but needs a motherboard. Lol who ever had a motherboard go on a phone? But anyway, only problem in 20 months on two phones. 

Slider said:
Anyone have a Pixel? Got my xl at launch and patiently waiting on the 3 but this beta has caused some issues on my phone and locked up the wife's phone. Google said sorry, out of warranty but needs a motherboard. Lol who ever had a motherboard go on a phone? But anyway, only problem in 20 months on two phones. 
I have original pixel xl

Mr.Pack said:
Anyone know where to get a Sprint sim card?

Went to a Sprint store and the guy said they need the phone to activate it. They are doing this because of TING.

My wife has a TING sim card and it's terrible. She gets texts late or not at all, gets terrible reception etc. Same exact phone and build as mine Moto G5+

Her network is a combo of T-Mobile and a few others, but not Sprint.
Have you looked into Project Fi? If your phone is compatible it’s worth checking out. My family has been on a Fi plan for a couple years with no problems here in MkE, up north or anywhere we’ve travelled to so far. 

What Beta? I'm not running it
If you go to system>>updates you can opt in to beta for Android P. They sent me a notification to opt in. That was about two months ago. I bought mine directly from Google so that may be why.

My phone is rock solid stable now. Anything in P that really makes the Beta instability worth it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr.Pack said:

Went to a Sprint store and the guy said they need the phone to activate it. They are doing this because of TING.

My wife has a TING sim card and it's terrible. She gets texts late or not at all, gets terrible reception etc. Same exact phone and build as mine Moto G5+

How do you like it? I broke the screen on my LG G6, which is the first time I have ever had happen really, and I picked up a this from Sprint on lease. I was content with my earlier Moto phones. 

Mr.Pack said:

I switched my kids from Ting to Sprint months ago.  It was such a PITA.  But, bottom line, I got my SIM card right there at the Sprint store.  They should have them, or at least be able to order them if they don't have one in stock.

Mr.Pack said:
I ran into a Sprint stand at a town fair last week and asked that very question, the kid working the stand said just go to a sprint store and ask for one - they are free.  He also said be sure I go to an actual Sprint store not a reseller.

I need one to sign my daughter up for UnReal Mobile. 

Hy guys... it is a developer beta.  If you are not developing Android apps there is no point in you running Android P right now.  Wait for something stable. 

I ran into a Sprint stand at a town fair last week and asked that very question, the kid working the stand said just go to a sprint store and ask for one - they are free.  He also said be sure I go to an actual Sprint store not a reseller.

Probably depends on if it is a phone you bought from them, or a phone they sell.  I had to pay $10 or $15 for a SIM card for a Motorolla from a Sprint store.

Picked up a moto e5 plus today to replace the busted phone. Huge battery. Nice, premium feel. Modest moto add ons too. A little bigger but I dig it. 

Picked up a moto e5 plus today to replace the busted phone. Huge battery. Nice, premium feel. Modest moto add ons too. A little bigger but I dig it. 
Was going back and forth between that and a G6 to replace my LG G2 (yes, G2!).  Went with the LG for familiarity's sake and because I cared more about processor and screen than anything else.  Only reason I'm moving on from the G2 is because we're giving it to my daughter for her birthday.

Was going back and forth between that and a G6 to replace my LG G2 (yes, G2!).  Went with the LG for familiarity's sake and because I cared more about processor and screen than anything else.  Only reason I'm moving on from the G2 is because we're giving it to my daughter for her birthday.
I had a G2 years ago and loved it. This last G6 was great, too, except for the battery life. So far I'm very pleased with the quality of this new Moto product. 

Have you looked into Project Fi? If your phone is compatible it’s worth checking out. My family has been on a Fi plan for a couple years with no problems here in MkE, up north or anywhere we’ve travelled to so far. 

How do you like it? I broke the screen on my LG G6, which is the first time I have ever had happen really, and I picked up a this from Sprint on lease. I was content with my earlier Moto phones. 
I like it a lot. M wife doesn't but I think the sim card is screwing her up, we'll see.

I switched my kids from Ting to Sprint months ago.  It was such a PITA.  But, bottom line, I got my SIM card right there at the Sprint store.  They should have them, or at least be able to order them if they don't have one in stock.

I went to a Sprint store and the guy wouldn't give me one unless I had an actual Sprint plan, he said they don't just give them out anymore (And mentioned it was because of companies like TING), you have to have the plan and the phone right there and they activate it.

I chatted with TING and told them my dilemma, the girl said that was ridiculous and said she would send me one, no charge. Got it in the mail today. Hopefully this works

o a Sprint store and the guy wouldn't give me one unless I had an actual Sprint plan, he said they don't just give them out anymore (And mentioned it was because of companies like TING), you have to have the plan and the phone right there and they activate it.

I chatted with TING and told them my dilemma, the girl said that was ridiculous and said she would send me one, no charge. Got it in the mail today. Hopefully this works
Sorry, I missed the point that you were on TING and staying there, but wanted a Sprint SIM card from them.  That actually makes more sense to me they wouldn't give you one. :shrug:  

Anyone have a comprehensive list of unlocked phones with at least 4gb of RAM (preferably more) and 64gb of storage, that is under $250? I've found the Nuu mobile G3 and Huawei Mate SE. 

Needed another phone and went with the Moto E4.  First new phone I've bought in about 5 years (1st Moto X). I've liked the refurb route fine, but the E4 is a pretty awesome cheap phone ($130 new, open to all carriers). And I've always just liked the feel/experience with Moto phones.

Doesn't have the huge battery of the E5, but it's the best battery life I've ever gotten out of a phone. Removable battery, expandable storage, fingerprint scanner. A lot for a $130 phone. You just have to not care about having a good camera, and it's not NFC capable. It's also only a 720 screen, but videos seem fine to me (I'm obviously not a power user). I'll take the lower resolution easily for a longer battery life.  

First thing I noticed is they messed up brightness settings. You have to crank it way up now. Annoying.
I didn't notice that but me and the wife are now running beta and have different issues. Seems to me they're ironing out certain things all at once to different users. My phone is perfect now except Verizon seems to be dropping calls at a higher rate (never to 3 a week). Not sure who to blame there but I'd guess Verizon.

I didn't notice that but me and the wife are now running beta and have different issues. Seems to me they're ironing out certain things all at once to different users. My phone is perfect now except Verizon seems to be dropping calls at a higher rate (never to 3 a week). Not sure who to blame there but I'd guess Verizon.
On Verizon as well and I haven't really noticed any other issues. I'm still running Nova Launcher as I prefer the customizations.

Welp... RIP Pixel XL. It's in rice right now but I'm assuming it's not going to come back from a full washer cycle. :mellow:

Welp... RIP Pixel XL. It's in rice right now but I'm assuming it's not going to come back from a full washer cycle. :mellow:
oof, yeah... RIP. 

On the plus side, it's Prime day, so you should be able to find a cheap replacement. 

Ouch, the +1.5yr hardware dilemma...  Pay the insurance, which is almost equivalent to the value of the device, or eat the cost and get a new device?

Looking at Android options, since the Pixel 3 isn't out yet, your best options for a larger device are either the Pixel XL2, Note, or the bigger Galaxy. 

Ouch, the +1.5yr hardware dilemma...  Pay the insurance, which is almost equivalent to the value of the device, or eat the cost and get a new device?

Looking at Android options, since the Pixel 3 isn't out yet, your best options for a larger device are either the Pixel XL2, Note, or the bigger Galaxy. 
Yeah. Effing sucks. I did not anticipate my lovely significant other putting my phone through the wash when I declined insurance on it. :mellow:

Loved the Pixel. Will probably go the same route I guess, I dunno.

Anyone have any experience with the Honor 7x? On sale for $170 later today on Prime day.

Seems to have pretty good reviews with most of the negatives being not a great camera.

My Pixel XL actually turned on last night.  :o

Data/WiFi wasn't working, but it seemed to be taking a charge, and I was able to open apps. I turned it off and put it back to see if another day drying out might help. If it turns on at least I might be able to trade it in or do something like that.

What charging cables do you guys recommend?

have used Rampow but seem to run into issues with connectivity or slow charging (although not 100% sure the issue isn’t on the phone side).  Their customer service is great with refund / replace but looking for another option this time around

looking for 6ft length if it matters

LG V30 anyone? Good phone?

50% off plus trade in makes it about $13/month right now.
That is what I am using: I love it.  I won it in a contest from an Android blog, so that helps, but still.  It's great.

The G7 is newer, but has the same chipset.  The camera is just as good, but the wide angle lens is not as wide.  It has better audio based the new speaker set up, and it has an LCD display.  People really seem to prefer the oled of the V30 - but other than the always on display it should not make a difference to most. 

ETA: let me know if you have any specific questions. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else get the Pie OS push today? I have an original Pixel, which has really been by far the best phone I've ever had. No issues of slowing down whatsoever. Anyway, this 9 Pie update is pretty cool. Maybe the most noticeable update I've had yet on this phone.

Anyone else get the Pie OS push today? I have an original Pixel, which has really been by far the best phone I've ever had. No issues of slowing down whatsoever. Anyway, this 9 Pie update is pretty cool. Maybe the most noticeable update I've had yet on this phone.
Are you using gesture controls or the standard Nav bar?

I've been running the Pie beta and got the official update a couple of days ago. Still prefer Nova so not taking advantage of some of the new look and feel things.

I've been running the Pie beta and got the official update a couple of days ago. Still prefer Nova so not taking advantage of some of the new look and feel things.
Are you running the Nova Beta?  This week's release threw me for a loop until I figured it out. 

I just got the notification for Pie. I'll probably update it tonight.

Has anyone seen the Pixel 3 leaks? I mean, I'm still going to get it because I'm on Fi and can hide the payment in my expense report but the rumors are leaving a bit to be desired.

I just got the notification for Pie. I'll probably update it tonight.

Has anyone seen the Pixel 3 leaks? I mean, I'm still going to get it because I'm on Fi and can hide the payment in my expense report but the rumors are leaving a bit to be desired.
I've seen them... they pretty much have to be accurate at this point, right?  I am completely indifferent toward notches... but the one on the Pixel 3XL is crazy big. 

I've seen them... they pretty much have to be accurate at this point, right?  I am completely indifferent toward notches... but the one on the Pixel 3XL is crazy big. 
The notch stood out to me too. I'm sure I'll get used to it, just like I did the ginormous bezels on the 1st gen XL I still have. Curious if the notch is for the rumored 3 front facing cameras.

Users who are viewing this thread