Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
JohnnyU

Official AJ Green

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

Anyone brave enough to start him this week?

Bye week making me start him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm playing him. Have a tough matchup against the offensive juggernaut of our league (it's IDP), so may as well go guns blazing. If it doesn't work out, oh well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Sutton can put solid points with a Rookie QB ... AJ Green just needs like 10+ targets on some short routes... he'll get his 14+ points

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Hopkins on a bye...I'm thinking about it @ Flex, as I have WR1 Lockett and WR2 Diggs starting.

But I can also start TE Henry @ Flex (Kittle TE1), so there's that. We'll see how practice goes for AJ this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Starting with confidence. If he’s healthy I’m playing AJ Green

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Starting him with 100% confidence, as my only other options are Hilton and Thielen.  I am quite sure he won't score less than those guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ghostguy123 said:

Anyone brave enough to start him this week?

Thankfully I have enough other options so I can take a wait and see approach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Due to byes, flipping a coin between AJ Green or Christian Kirk (vs TB). Currently leaning Kirk but a long time to ponder it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Walking Boot said:

Due to byes, flipping a coin between AJ Green or Christian Kirk (vs TB). Currently leaning Kirk but a long time to ponder it.

I like Kirk this week.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trade deadline has come and gone, and he is still a Bengal.  So, for redraft purposes, I don't care about his contract.  I only care about his health, but it's been news crickets...

30 Oct - AJG says he is aiming to return to play the Ravens in week 10, but no mention of actual health status

27 Oct - limited practice throughout the week, should be ready by week 10, but how limited was he?

24 Oct - ruled out for week 8, but was he even close to returning?

At this point, do we really have ANY idea how close to 100% he is?  For such a high profile player, it's amazing how little we know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, TheWinz said:

Trade deadline has come and gone, and he is still a Bengal.  So, for redraft purposes, I don't care about his contract.  I only care about his health, but it's been news crickets...

30 Oct - AJG says he is aiming to return to play the Ravens in week 10, but no mention of actual health status

27 Oct - limited practice throughout the week, should be ready by week 10, but how limited was he?

24 Oct - ruled out for week 8, but was he even close to returning?

At this point, do we really have ANY idea how close to 100% he is?  For such a high profile player, it's amazing how little we know.

We don’t have any definitive idea. We do know he said he wasn’t coming back until he was 100%. And that he got the boot off almost 2 months. All speculation but I think he’s been capable of playing for some time now and would take him at his word that if he’s playing he’s 100%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, ghostguy123 said:

Anyone brave enough to start him this week?

Tempted to but think I am starting Golden Tate instead. If Finley isn't awful, CIN has a great string of games from week 11-14. Hoping he comes out healthy and Finley is only slightly below average instead of horrible so I can roll him out against Oakland week 11.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Starting with confidence 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Confirmed to play this week 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

Confirmed to play this week 

I need a WR and he's been sitting on our WW for many weeks (short bench lg).  May have to pull the trigger and grab him with Edelman on bye.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Auden Tate has been a target monster, and has maybe half the ability Green does. Green feels like a potential top-20 WR as soon as he's active, with upside for much more if Finley is any good. I certainly wouldn't rule out the possibility Finley is a decent enough QB.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coach Zac Taylor expects A.J. Green (ankle) to make his season debut Week 10 against the Ravens.

Green was practicing ahead of the Bengals' Week 8 trip to London and had the bye week to get ready for this one. We still wouldn't expect Green to be his normal every-down self at this point, and he's now saddled with rookie Ryan Finley making his NFL debut. Green should be treated as a WR4 until he has a game or two under his belt.

SOURCE: Paul Dehner on Twitter

Nov 6, 2019, 12:39 PM ET

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

Confirmed to play this week 

I read a blurb that said he "expects" to play, but not that he is "confirmed" to play.  Crossing my fingers though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends on practice this week...if he has a single LP then on the bench for <insert name> WR2/3. Otherwise start full confidence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, TheWinz said:

I read a blurb that said he "expects" to play, but not that he is "confirmed" to play.  Crossing my fingers though...

Sorry, HC Zac Taylor  anticipates  Green to make his season debut vs BAL 

 

cut me some slack, I’ve been waiting a long time 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2019 at 12:03 PM, ghostguy123 said:

Anyone brave enough to start him this week?

If he goes.

23 hours ago, Rhythmdoctor said:

War!  What is it good for?

Say it again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

Sorry, HC Zac Taylor  anticipates  Green to make his season debut vs BAL 

 

cut me some slack, I’ve been waiting a long time 

Me too.  I am gonna be in a world of pain without AJG for the next 3 weeks (Lockett, Thielen, Hilton).  I don't wanna have to hit the WW, because I have no player I want to drop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been holding for awhile and have been questioning that decision more and more every week as CIN keeps a bagel in the win column....I want to believe Green is a true "professional" and will be out there going balls to the wall every snap, every route, every game....buuuuuut....with the team having nothing to play for and Green a FA at the end of the season (which for CIN it already really is)....I just have to question what his motivation/desire will be to come out and play hard.....and risk injury.....Green heading into free agency doesn't need to pad his resume.....in the long run, really only bad things can happen for him if he plays....not sure he would or even should care about any short term results....

smells like a bad hammy coming in about the second quarter....

Edited by Stinkin Ref

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was a report during the media window to view practice which is 30 minutes, Id wait for a Taylor’s practice summary this afternoon. 

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wrigley said:

Starting with confidence 

I've being waiting also but there's no way he's in my lineup with a rookie QB, guessing a limited snap count and tough opponent. . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Weebs210 said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/GeoffHobsonCin/status/1192163157327990784

Zac says Green didn’t feel well enough to practice and is day to day

😫 Noooooooo

Like he had a f*cking tummy ache or his ankle still isn’t better 2 months after shedding the boot? Let’s be real if it’s the latter it’s his bank account that didn’t feel well enough today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cobbler1 said:

Like he had a f*cking tummy ache or his ankle still isn’t better 2 months after shedding the boot? Let’s be real if it’s the latter it’s his bank account that didn’t feel well enough today.

In another tweet I saw ankle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dude went from "will practice" to "not at practice" to "not at practice, day to day".

 

oh boy if that isn't the quickest, most ominous downgrade I've ever seen.

Edited by The Frankman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

"It's a process," Green said. "I've just got to be completely healthy to where I can go out there and play at a high level. I can't risk hurting this thing again and setting myself back even further.

"So definitely, I've got to be smart. But it's a step in the right direction to where I can actually practice on Monday and did more stuff yesterday with no problem. So we'll see how that thing goes."

- NFLN

Meh, I'll keep him benched for his first game but this doesn't sound too bad to me. Being cautious when he felt the ankle swell. Rather the ankle be fine and he can play Sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

- NFLN

Meh, I'll keep him benched for his first game but this doesn't sound too bad to me. Being cautious when he felt the ankle swell. Rather the ankle be fine and he can play Sunday.

The minute they benched Dalton sealed his fate. He isn't playing a single down this year. They needed to trade him. From now on his ankle is simply never going to feel "right". 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

Jeremy Rauch@FOX19Jeremy

In case you were wondering...there is still a good bunch of vets in the locker room that aren't overjoyed about Andy being benched.

12:59 PM · Nov 6, 2019

 

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, I Am the Stig said:

The minute they benched Dalton sealed his fate. He isn't playing a single down this year. They needed to trade him. From now on his ankle is simply never going to feel "right". 

This....there is really zero reason to come back at this point.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Stinkin Ref said:

This....there is really zero reason to come back at this point.....

I'd argue almost the opposite is true, I mean, it'd probably help his potential contract this off season, if he put some nice games on tape that weren't 1.5 years old. Especially if he has them with a rookie starter. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, travdogg said:

I'd argue almost the opposite is true, I mean, it'd probably help his potential contract this off season, if he put some nice games on tape that weren't 1.5 years old. Especially if he has them with a rookie starter. 

fair enough....but you could argue the other way that if he goes out there not 100% healthy.....showing some age and lack of explosion....plays crappy...with or without a rookie QB it would hurt his potential contract.....it could go both ways.....and the chances might be higher that it doesn't go well....so if I were Green, I would maybe lean on my past resume and old tape....he will still get paid pretty nicely based on that.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, travdogg said:

I'd argue almost the opposite is true, I mean, it'd probably help his potential contract this off season, if he put some nice games on tape that weren't 1.5 years old. Especially if he has them with a rookie starter. 

I’m not sure that putting the next/last contract in the hands of a rookie QB on a terrible team is a great idea. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, travdogg said:

I'd argue almost the opposite is true, I mean, it'd probably help his potential contract this off season, if he put some nice games on tape that weren't 1.5 years old. Especially if he has them with a rookie starter. 

I'm now leaning the other way as of today, he not playing for this trash team and wants to move on healthy next year. As a dynasty owner I am hoping he doesn't go out like Dez did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Stinkin Ref said:

fair enough....but you could argue the other way that if he goes out there not 100% healthy.....showing some age and lack of explosion....plays crappy...with or without a rookie QB it would hurt his potential contract.....it could go both ways.....and the chances might be higher that it doesn't go well....so if I were Green, I would maybe lean on my past resume and old tape....he will still get paid pretty nicely based on that.... 

Maybe, but what is the market for 32 year old WR's who haven't played in almost 2 seasons?

Also, Green might actually want to stay in Cincinnati. He's talked on many occasions of thinking very highly of Larry Fitzgerald, and what he means to Arizona, and how he stuck with them through lean years. Maybe that is just talk, but Green has always seemed to be a Fitzgerald type. If he's healthy, he just strikes me as a guy who would rather play, than sit out.

What if Green stays in Cincinnati, and what if Finley is good? This would be a great time to establish that rapport going forward. Its no lock the Bengals draft a QB next year. What if they win a couple games down the stretch here. They play the Ravens, Raiders, Steelers, Jets, Browns, Pats, Dolphins, Browns. While they aren't going to beat the Ravens or Patriots, its entirely possible they could win 3-4 of those games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.