What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Adrian Peterson Status Updates (2 Viewers)

I would think if the league reinstates him the Vikings would let him play.

AP with fresh legs and a chip on his shoulder should be immune to any matchup problem.

Ugh here we go again. Goodell gives Rice a 2 game, then season long, then effectively gets a 13 week ban. Peterson plays 1 game, gets banned rest of the season (with and without pay), which then possibly now becomes a 13 week ban, total. All the while Goodell plays the commish exempt list, something totally created by him because he does not know what to do when situations arise, and when he does dish out a punishment it never fits the crime. NFLPA, go get him! This will continue next year, bank on it..

For those of us in crazy leagues that play in a week 17 Super Bowl ( I know, preaching to the choir) the prospects of having AD running wild at home vs Chicago in week 17 is creamy. Week 15 could be a ease back in week then 16 and 17 would be chip on the shoulder / welcome back weeks.

i thought i was immune to hope at this point, but i went ahead and picked him back up in all leagues. we'll see.
Yeah, sure can't hurt if you're not dropping anyone too crazy.

I had Davante Adams as an insurance policy / flyer, ADP now resides in that lottery ticket roster spot.

:lol: at people thinking he will provide anything at this point. Desperate people doing desperate things I presume.
i wouldnt let the best rb in the game sit on the wire seeing that its a possibility he might play. Better on my bench then im my opponents lineup with a chance of doing something

i hardly think picking up AP is a desperation play in redraft. you've got bench spots, and most likely you know exactly who you'll be starting for the rest of the season. drop one of the bench guys you know you're not gonna use and grab AP, it'd be dumb not to. even if you don't start him, you don't want him on any other playoff team's roster either.

Anything to see here for redraft this year?
What's the likelihood anyone in your 15th-20th roster is going to contribute to your playoff run? Something close to zero percent.

Not sure if ADP will play this year, but if he does then he's certainly worth a Flex. Adding him is hardly a desperate move.

EXPECTING him to be the key to a trophy is a bit desperate, but I doubt anyone is thinking that way.

:lol: at people thinking he will provide anything at this point. Desperate people doing desperate things I presume.
I'm glad the rest of my league was thinking this way so I had a chance to snag him.

Now I have a chance of having ADP for week 15 and/or 16, and I don't have to worry about maybe playing against him.

If he comes back and has a decent game against Detroit then I'm flexing his ### against Miami who just let the Jets run all of them. If he doesn't, he rides the bench the rest of the season cause he sure is hell isn't getting a chance on my opponent's lineup. Smart move if you ask me, and we'll know his fate in a few days. I dropped Crabtree who wasn't going to see my lineup.

I'm glad the rest of my league was thinking this way so I had a chance to snag him.

Now I have a chance of having ADP for week 15 and/or 16, and I don't have to worry about maybe playing against him.
That is the bigger reason to pick him up. I don't know if I will ever play him but I would be pissed at myself if I passed up getting him and he put up 30pts on me in the championship game.

Exactly.

I don't get Jerry Curl's hate. I mean, seriously, picking up AP is a no-brainer and you would be stupid not to. I know the original owner in my league is kicking himself in the butt right now because I snagged him before he was able to pick him back up.

why would the vikings play him at this point?
Trade bait.. If he looks good the final few weeks his value for trade goes up.. With Dallas basically saying they are going to do everything to keep Dez, that basically means that Murray is gone and of course we all know how Jones feels about ADP..

So if ADP, after being out for 12 weeks, goes out and gets a TD or 2 a game plus close to or over 100 yards, Jones tongue will be wagging and the Vikings just might have a buyer..

Also, with McKinnon now on IR they have an opening ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Trade bait.. If he looks good the final few weeks his value for trade goes up.. With Dallas basically saying they are going to do everything to keep Dez, that basically means that Murray is gone and of course we all know how Jones feels about ADP..

So if ADP, after being out for 12 weeks, goes out and gets a TD or 2 a game plus close to or over 100 yards, Jones tongue will be wagging and the Vikings just might have a buyer..

They also signed Tate probably for just this scenario. They weren't before but the Vikes are now practically out of the playoff race. (Practically speaking).

I think Goodell deserves the comeuppance and I hope he gets it and I think AP should have been reinstated right after he pleaded, but from a FF perspective if he's ideally reinstated mid next week, it may take a week to catch up and then you are basically looking at week 16 at Miami. If this is what happens I foresee him being on FF benches and a total tossup in terms of effectiveness and touches. Week 1 IIRC he went something like 21/75/0. I'd start him over Steven Jackson.... and then guys like that, but if you're looking at those kinds of RB2 choices you may not be in week 16 of the playoffs to begin with. OTOH maybe he has a massive chip on the shoulder and he's a HOFer so just start him. But we don't know what we'll get.

As far as showing him to shop him. First of all he's Adrian ___ Peterson, one of the greatest runners ever. Secondly, the opposite could happen, he could look 'not great' and then that could be used as leverage against the Vikes in trade talks.

Also if he plays well could help in trade value.
because other teams aren't familiar with his work
:shrug: He has been off for almost the full season.. Teams right now are :oldunsure: about his age/shape.. If he were to play the final 3 weeks and put up decent numbers his value would go up..

The Public here in Minnesota is a "Forgive and give 2nd chance" type of people and will gladly give him a chance to prove himself.

The only risk on the Vikings side is if he were to get injured..

Just my :2cents:

As a Cowboys, yes we are interested in ADP the player, but I see no circumstances where we trade for him. Sorry to burst your bubble there.

If you guys release him and he is a FA we definitely kick the tires or use it as leverage in the Murray negotiations. Personally I am not in favour of giving Murray a long term contract at his current market value. RB is not a premium position and behind that O-line I am confident a lesser back could still put up good yards.

Also if he plays well could help in trade value.
because other teams aren't familiar with his work
:shrug: He has been off for almost the full season.. Teams right now are :oldunsure: about his age/shape.. If he were to play the final 3 weeks and put up decent numbers his value would go up..

The Public here in Minnesota is a "Forgive and give 2nd chance" type of people and will gladly give him a chance to prove himself.

The only risk on the Vikings side is if he were to get injured..

Just my :2cents:
then after the 3 weeks he'll be off for the whole off season

you have absolutely zero idea what other teams are thinking

It's not about giving up in him, but I'd hate to drop him on the outside chance that I have face him as someone's flex in the championship game.

It's risk management at this point.

Is it true that he'll miss the first 3 games of 2015?

Edit: Never mind.

However, Peterson will not serve a three-game suspension at the start of the 2015 season as was initially reported. Rather, he will be charged three additional game checks on this season's salary for a total of six games, according to ESPN's Chris Mortensen. Peterson will have the choice of paying the salary back now, or having his wages garnished in 2015 if he plays. The docked game checks are based on this year's salary of $11.75 million and amount to $4.15 million (game payments are based on 17 weeks, not 16 games).

@GoesslingESPN: Talked with Adrian Peterson for about an hour on the phone tonight. He said he's seriously considered retirement during his suspension.

If Peterson retired today, HOFer? Yes/no?

@GoesslingESPN: Talked with Adrian Peterson for about an hour on the phone tonight. He said he's seriously considered retirement during his suspension.

If Peterson retired today, HOFer? Yes/no?
1) He's not going to retire.

2) Probably. 6 Pro Bowls, 3 All-Pros, #3 in career rushing yards per game (behind Jim Brown and Barry Sanders). Rate stats above Terrell Davis, career totals well above TD.

Users who are viewing this thread