What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Adrian Peterson Status Updates (5 Viewers)

Frank Gore at age 33 put up 1300 combined at 3.9 ypc and 8 TDs. That kind of season is entirely feasible for Peterson. It's probably close to the ceiling, though. 

Frank Gore at age 33 put up 1300 combined at 3.9 ypc and 8 TDs. That kind of season is entirely feasible for Peterson. It's probably close to the ceiling, though. 
Gore is a lot more flexible than Peterson, plus he can catch. AP can only function in certain formations and his pass pro is not great.

AP in my opinion will put up good numbers at least in the beginning of the season and eventually wear down as the season moves on. I don't see him eclipsing the 1,000 yard mark.

Why are we all presuming that he starts? I'm not saying the presumption is wrong, but there is an incumbent (Kelley) with starting experience. AP strolls in off the street and that's that, he's anointed #1?

Why are we all presuming that he starts? I'm not saying the presumption is wrong, but there is an incumbent (Kelley) with starting experience. AP strolls in off the street and that's that, he's anointed #1?
Sort of seemingly worked that way. 

Exactly, the idea that he is now the starter has come from commentators speculating, nothing concrete - unless I have missed something?
Nope, you missed nothing concrete but you arguably missed the tea leaves.

But your point is taken: Like I said earlier in the thread, Clinton Portis can anoint him the starter all Portis wants...he ain't coach. 

Last edited by a moderator:
AP confirmed stater just now.

ESPN Redskins reporter John Keim confirmed Adrian Peterson will start Week 1 against the Cardinals

Love Adrian Peterson! Feels like Marcus in KC, Emmitt in Arizona and Rice in Oakland though. I decided I'd rather watch than own him in FF. There are going to be several weeks I shouldn't start him, but I would because he is ADP. Good luck to all of you ADP owners, I couldn't do it

Never really followed him in Arizona, but did he leave with any animosity towards the team?  Is this any sort of revenge game in his mind?

This might be kinda obvious, but if AP has a blowup game like last year with the Cards SELL HARD. Put him on the block and let the offers flow in before the 15/50 line because basically you have until Week 4...

1   Sep 9 - @Ari  Sun 4:25 pm

2   Sep 16 - Ind  Sun 1:00 pm

3   Sep 23 - GB  Sun 1:00 pm

4  BYE

after that it's Saints, Panthers, and Giants.

Hope some of you doubters listened to me.
I was right there with ya buddy.  :suds:

rolling with him at Flex confidently this week/

Alex Colins needs to show me he can get it done until I put him back in. But I’ll flip flop between him & White at Flex several times before kickoff, I’m sure.

a week ago AP was my 5th RB. Life comes at ya fast. :doh:  

I suspect his value will increase after this week.  Tho im leaning towards keeping him and riding the bus till the wheels come off.
it just feels like the wheels ARE going to come off... he's 33. whats the chances he's heathy and playing weeks 14-16? seems very low even for a freak of nature like AP

He did indeed look good week 1. And I have a soft spot for ADP - I like having him on my team just because I like to watch him run. But while I think he will have some good weeks I don't think he will be a start every week type player so I jumped ship. Was going to wait until next week because I think he will have another good week against poor ole Indy, but opportunity presented itself. Still hope he performs well. 

signs of him being injured? Common sense would indicate a 33 year old RB is not going to be able to stay healthy until weeks 14-16 if he is taking 15-20 carries a game. if you want actual proof i would cite his 2017 season
How about a 33 yr old, highly prideful, feeling insulted, physical freak of nature RB on a balanced offense with a friendly schedule?

I guess the odds are still stacked against him, I suppose. Ridin' him til he breaks as my RB2 and will look for replacements over the course of the season.

Users who are viewing this thread