What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Adrian Peterson Status Updates (1 Viewer)

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports free agent Adrian Peterson will test the market.

Washington has had talks with Peterson and would reportedly like to bring him back, but he is likely looking for a better situation than veteran insurance for Derrius Guice (ACL). Peterson has been linked with the Bears if they part ways with Jordan Howard.

RELATED: 

Chicago Bears

, Washington Redskins

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Mar 11, 2019, 9:50 AM

Redskins re-signed RB Adrian Peterson to a two-year contract.

Signed to a one-year deal after rookie Derrius Guice shredded his knee last summer, Peterson started all 16 games for Washington and amassed a 251-1,042-7 rushing line, averaging a solid 4.2 YPC while adding 20-208-1 as a receiver. Guice is said to be working his way back to health but needed multiple surgeries on the knee, so Peterson is back as insurance and the odds-on favorite to open Week 1 as the starter. Peterson will turn 34 next week.

SOURCE: Josina Anderson on Twitter

Mar 13, 2019, 12:54 PM

Adrian Peterson said his goal is to again run for 2,000 yards this season.

It's extremely unlikely, obviously. All Day accomplished the feat in 2012 with the Vikings, running for 2,097 yards and winning league MVP. He already made some history last year with the Skins, starting all 16 games and scampering for 1,042 yards at 33 years old. Now 34, Peterson remains a Greek god in terms of physique and is in line to be the Skins' top back as Derrius Guice remains in rehab mode following his August 2018 torn ACL that has required multiple corrective surgeries. Peterson will likely prove to be a fantasy bargain for a run-heavy Washington team.

SOURCE: NFL.com

Jun 5, 2019, 11:34 AM ET

He ran for 1,000 last season and honestly, he looked pretty good. He even was involved in the passing game.

He is a workout warrior and insanely passionate about the game of football. Peterson will start the season as starter and Guice will have burden of unseating MVPeterson.

I don't think he'll be a non-factor.  Redskins aren't winning anything this year, and Guice coming back off injuries--they're surely smart enough to ease him into a lead back role.  

another one to add to the list of star athletes broke as hell shortly after retirement. except hes broke as hell before retirement
"Peterson has earned almost $100 million during his NFL career, far more than any running back in league history.

That amount, of course, is on paper, since taxes, NFLPA dues and agent’s fees are subtracted.

But it does seem like Peterson has dug himself a hole with creditors."

Anyone else hear that famous Patrick Ewing quote when you read this? "Yeah, we make a lot of money. We spend a lot of money, too."

Anyone else hear that famous Patrick Ewing quote when you read this? "Yeah, we make a lot of money. We spend a lot of money, too."
What Football movie/show had the star athlete yelling at a reporter "you know what a Ferarri costs mother######?!"

ETA - sorry, that was in The Replacements, staring Neo. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Sigh, never mind 

Peterson also was absent from Monday's practice, but the DNP was chalked up as a vet day off, per Craig Hoffman of 106-7 The Fan Washington. With one exhibition remaining on the team's slate, there's little reason to risk Peterson's health in advance of Week 1, when he'll serve in some sort of timeshare with Guice on early downs.

was a fun thought. A boy can dream. :(  

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Adrian Peterson is expected to be inactive for Week 1 against the Eagles.

Gifted a two-year, $8 million contract after leading Washington in rushing in '18, Peterson is expected to be inactive for Wendell Smallwood given the latter's ability to play special teams. Derrius Guice will get a majority of the early-down work but remains an easy fade as a 10-point road underdog against Philadelphia's nightmarish defensive trenches.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Sep 8, 2019, 6:43 AM ET

According to Mike Florio of ProFootballTalk on NBC Sports, Redskins players are "upset" by coach Jay Gruden's decision to bench Adrian Peterson for Sunday's Week 1 game against the Eagles.

He'll take a seat in favor of Wendell Smallwood, who got the nod over Peterson due to his special teams expertise. The Redskins obviously want to see what they have in second-round sophomore Derrius Guice, who is due to make his debut after missing all of 2018 with a torn ACL. But it's still a bit puzzling that the 'Skins would go out of their way to bury Peterson, who many felt was Washington's best back during training camp. With Peterson inactive, Guice will carry the mail on early downs with Chris Thompson mixing in as a receiver out of the backfield.

SOURCE: ProFootballTalk on NBC Sports

Sep 8, 2019, 9:40 AM ET

I would think that Peterson has to be asking for his release or a trade. Maybe he can freeze his feet, trash his helmet. Sounds crazy, but who knows? It might just work.

Locker room chemistry is a big part of winning. AP was a leader last year, this seems like an eminently dumb move. Not to mention Smallwood isn't half AP's ability in the running department.

Locker room chemistry is a big part of winning. AP was a leader last year, this seems like an eminently dumb move. Not to mention Smallwood isn't half AP's ability in the running department.
It is extremely dumb. It's self-inflicted drama, first off, but it's also bad on the field.

Guice seems like a stud. But he's also coming off an ACL, and now when he needs a breather instead of AP slashing into a more tired D, you have a total JAG. I'm sure the Philly D feels they can stop anyone, but making it easier on them and pissing off the locker room week 1....genius. 

ADP will ask for his outright release shortly. Slap in the face on one of the best ever at his position. And he is still a baller. 

This is not going to end well. And why they extended him....insurance in case Guice is not ready or right. 

Gruden is the same guy who blew the Super Bowl vs the Patriots by refusing to run with Freeman and Coleman.

These modern day whiz kid coaches are full of ####. This team is doomed with this guy at the helm. Doomed.

And not because he did not play ADP.....his reasoning was a joke. And the results of their running game were futile in a game they led 17-0. Pounding a future HOF like ADP would have came in handy with that lead. But he manged to blow this one too with his putrid play calling. I mean Guice has not played in a regular season game yet. You going to lean on a rookie coming off an ACL.....in the opening week on the road. Sit your future HOF back who is still productive and has big game experience. 

Gruden is a freaking hack. And they deserved to lose.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is not going to end well. And why they extended him....insurance in case Guice is not ready or right. 

Gruden is the same guy who blew the Super Bowl vs the Patriots by refusing to run with Freeman and Coleman.

These modern day whiz kid coaches are full of ####. This team is doomed with this guy at the helm. Doomed.

And not because he did not play ADP.....his reasoning was a joke. And the results of their running game were futile in a game they led 17-0. Pounding a future HOF like ADP would have came in handy with that lead. But he manged to blow this one too with his putrid play calling. I mean Guice has not played in a regular season game yet. You going to lean on a rookie coming off an ACL.....in the opening week on the road. Sit your future HOF back who is still productive and has big game experience. 

Gruden is a freaking hack. And they deserved to lose.
I agree with the gist of your post, but I think you are confusing Gruden with Shanny the Younger on the SB.

I agree with the gist of your post, but I think you are confusing Gruden with Shanny the Younger on the SB.
LMAO yep my bad. 

Don't like Shanny either. Just awful decisions made yesterday. Not having ADP IMO may have cost them the game. They needed to grind out that game and shorten it when they were up 17-0. 

Damn I am getting old.....senior moment there.

Guice out indefinitely.

Crickets.

I grabbed him in waivers despite being 10th in line. Was surprised.

This guy has proven us wrong before.

If he can give me flex value in a good matchup, fantastic.

Guice out indefinitely.

Crickets.

I grabbed him in waivers despite being 10th in line. Was surprised.

This guy has proven us wrong before.

If he can give me flex value in a good matchup, fantastic.
If he's going to have a big game it will likely be this weekend (1st game).

He was quite unspectacular 2nd half of 2018... averaged about 7-8 fantasy PPG.

Debating starting him because of the pissed off factor. AP is going to run through a brick wall to prove the coaches wrong. Long term, don't like him but this weekend, it could be vintage AP.

Debating starting him because of the pissed off factor. AP is going to run through a brick wall to prove the coaches wrong. Long term, don't like him but this weekend, it could be vintage AP.
I’ve got him in but admittedly, the only other guy I have is Burkhead. I sat Barber Thursday...

Users who are viewing this thread