Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
TheFanatic

Adrian Peterson Status Updates

Basically won me the week with Melvin Gordon on the BYE. 

Back to the bench, Chubby...ADP is locked in. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Basically won me the week with Melvin Gordon on the BYE. 

Back to the bench, Chubby...ADP is locked in. 

Didn't have the stones to put him in over D.Johnson and it almost cost me my week. In this week, hope I don't jinx him again, only other time I started him this year, he pooped the bed against the Colts.

It really is amazing that despite his age, and a depleted offensive line, and a QB that hasn't shown he can beat you downfield since coming to Washington that he's putting up these kind of numbers. I think its a great sign for Guice owners for the future. 

3 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

33 years old and just had his career long TD run...90 yards and outran the whole D. Freak. 

Frank Gore is 35 and a half years old, and averaging 4.4 ypc on 139 attempts. He doesn't have AP's speed, but his lateral quickness and vision between the tackles is still very good. What are these older guys doing? 

11 minutes ago, SoBeDad said:

Frank Gore is 35 and a half years old, and averaging 4.4 ypc on 139 attempts. He doesn't have AP's speed, but his lateral quickness and vision between the tackles is still very good. What are these older guys doing? 

Being generational talents that even ACL tears (and in Gore's case even more similarly bad injuries) can't slow down. These guys were both special and still have enough juice to hang, and enough passion for the game to do it at their age. It's impressive as hell. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, hispeedthinmint said:

So does he retire or come back next year?

I think he plays somewhere next year. 

• Like 1

You have to think he may get another shot with Washington next year - all their OL will be healthy, and with Guice having complications with his surgeries, they will literally be in the same boat they were beginning of the year.

When the OL was healthy and they had a QB that was keeping defenses honest AP was a pretty good play.

Will have to see how things shake out, but I do think he plays next year. 

2 hours ago, oswizzle said:

Anyone think Josh Johnson opens up some lanes for ADP?  The 3rd string QB seems much more mobile and Athletic as opposed to Smith/McCoy/Sanchez

It's possible. I certainly wouldn't bet my fantasy season on it in week 15 though, most of the team has quit on Gruden.

Adrian Peterson - RB -  Redskins

Adrian Peterson rushed 26 times for 119 yards in Washington's Week 16 failed comeback against the Titans.

Peterson eclipsed the 1,000-yard plateau for the first time since 2,015, and the eighth time in his illustrious 13-year career. He joined Frank Gore (a future first-ballot Hall of Famer) and current HoFers John Riggins, Franco Harris, and John Henry Johnson as the only players to reach 1k at the ripe age of 33 or older. Washington could potentially be motivated to eliminate the divisional foe Eagles from playoff contention in Week 17, so Peterson will likely receive the chance to pad his numbers in the team's final regular season game.

Dec 22 - 7:20 PM

On 12/13/2018 at 10:28 AM, Gally said:

I think he plays somewhere next year. 

Agree - the Washington backfield will belong to Guice next year.  

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports free agent Adrian Peterson will test the market.

Washington has had talks with Peterson and would reportedly like to bring him back, but he is likely looking for a better situation than veteran insurance for Derrius Guice (ACL). Peterson has been linked with the Bears if they part ways with Jordan Howard.

RELATED: 

Chicago Bears

, Washington Redskins

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Mar 11, 2019, 9:50 AM

Redskins re-signed RB Adrian Peterson to a two-year contract.

Signed to a one-year deal after rookie Derrius Guice shredded his knee last summer, Peterson started all 16 games for Washington and amassed a 251-1,042-7 rushing line, averaging a solid 4.2 YPC while adding 20-208-1 as a receiver. Guice is said to be working his way back to health but needed multiple surgeries on the knee, so Peterson is back as insurance and the odds-on favorite to open Week 1 as the starter. Peterson will turn 34 next week.

SOURCE: Josina Anderson on Twitter

Mar 13, 2019, 12:54 PM

Adrian Peterson said his goal is to again run for 2,000 yards this season.

It's extremely unlikely, obviously. All Day accomplished the feat in 2012 with the Vikings, running for 2,097 yards and winning league MVP. He already made some history last year with the Skins, starting all 16 games and scampering for 1,042 yards at 33 years old. Now 34, Peterson remains a Greek god in terms of physique and is in line to be the Skins' top back as Derrius Guice remains in rehab mode following his August 2018 torn ACL that has required multiple corrective surgeries. Peterson will likely prove to be a fantasy bargain for a run-heavy Washington team.

SOURCE: NFL.com

Jun 5, 2019, 11:34 AM ET