What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Adrian Peterson Status Updates (1 Viewer)

I doubt he'll get claimed. 

I sort of meant, if TBD's were getting rid of him, he may have been traded. 
Yeah, if he gets claim, they will have to pay his current salary, that’s not likely, but I can easily see the Bears grabbing him like you mentioned once he clears waivers, but not Jax.   Don’t think Jax has any interest in winning this year.

Yeah, if he gets claim, they will have to pay his current salary, that’s not likely, but I can easily see the Bears grabbing him like you mentioned once he clears waivers, but not Jax.   Don’t think Jax has any interest in winning this year.
AP is worth it for the jersey sales. 

players with 4+ years are immediate free agents. no waivers here.
Correct. But as a veteran, if he is on the roster Week 1 his salary for the season would be guaranteed. So I think it’s likely he would be signed after Week 1. And with the new on boarding rules he likely would then miss Week 2 as well as there is no way he’d be up to speed in time.

Stay tuned to this.....maybe AP is thinking championship?

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2020/9/5/21424158/with-release-of-deandre-washington-chiefs-down-to-three-running-backs
The Chiefs have informed RB DeAndre Washington of his release, per source.
Darrel Williams and Darwin Thompson are now projected back-ups to Clyde Edwards-Helaire.

.....With the earlier release of Elijah McGuire, this leaves the team with just three running backs — Edwards-Helaire, Darrel Williams and Darwin Thompson. That’s fewer than the Chiefs have historically tended to keep on their active roster; as we saw as recently as last season, NFL running backs frequently miss time with injuries.

Could this mean the Chiefs could be in the market for a veteran running back? As we noted in Saturday morning’s Arrowheadlines, some believe that recently-released Washington Football Team running back Adrian Peterson could be a fit for the Chiefs. On Saturday, the New England Patriots released running back Lamar Miller. Those are just two of the players the Chiefs could be considering.

But it’s also possible that the Chiefs intend to bring Washington back on the expanded practice squad. Under the 2020 coronavirus rules, they will be allowed to keep as many as six practice-squad players with any level of NFL experience — and on a week-by-week basis, protect four practice-squad players from being poached. It’s not hard to imagine the Chiefs could bolster their running back depth with such a move — provided that Washington isn’t quickly signed to another team’s active roster.

What a quagmire that backfield is now. Is this an indictment on Kerryon or Swift? Both? Maybe the Swift injury is more serious than we think. 

Last edited by a moderator:
What a terrible spot for AP to land fantasy wise. AP is waiver fodder and Kerryon and Swift lose touches on a pass heavy offense.

Lions backfield is a mess. I can see AP helping - he’s old but he’s in great shape, has experience & can bring a lunchbox attitude to that backfired 

glad he went somewhere. I might squeeze one more year out of him yet. :pickle:

Third year in a row for the Lions signing a big slow RB. Blount, CJ Anderson and now AP. I bet he leads the team in carries week 1. Disgusting.
He didn’t look big & slow last year. Looked pretty spry for his age.

Man, imagine being Swift or Kerryon & getting beat out for carries by a guy that old. AP is a special kind of athlete, because that longevity is rare. 

or KJohnson just stinks. Maybe a little of both.

but AP looked pretty solid in Washington last year. He’s not a home run hitter any more but I wouldn’t put him in Blount or Anderson’s weight class. 

Have the lions really not had a 1000 yard rusher since Reggie bush in 2013?  And before that, uh, Barry Sanders?

That seems so difficult to believe. Juan would almost have to accidentally find 1000 yard rusher in that span.

if it ends up being Adrian Peterson, AKA Methuselah this year, I will laugh hard.

So if Kerryon and Swift are both active, AP rides the pine? I don’t see that at all. 
I wouldn't use that phrase. This team wanted to use both of them from the outset each of the last two years. One stuck and one didn't. The guy they wanted to lean on kept getting injured. Then they found themselves giving meaningful snaps to Zach Zenner and Bo Scarborough come season's end.

Especially now since he is listed as the Jags starter
Not sure if some intern posting that means much.  I own Robinson and Ozigbo, so I wish both success, but I think Ozigbo is the better player.  It won’t matter because Jacksonville won’t score many points this year and that OL is atrocious.

Not sure if some intern posting that means much.  I own Robinson and Ozigbo, so I wish both success, but I think Ozigbo is the better player.  It won’t matter because Jacksonville won’t score many points this year and that OL is atrocious.
Twitter guys on the beat don't think it means much either, but every day is a day for wooting.

Adrian Peterson rushed 14 times for 93 yards in Week 1 against Chicago.

Peterson started the second series for Detroit. He had 18 yards on his first run and later added a 21-yarder.  The Lions went with Peterson's hot hand in the second half. He ended up leading the backfield in carries and added three catches for 20 yards. Coming off a 100 total yard game from Peterson with D'Andre Swift looking shaky, Detroit's three-back committee isn't going away anytime soon.

- Rotoworld

Anyone have a link to all of Adrian Peterson's carries in game 1? 

I am not surprised his production is being minimized because of his age, but this should be talked about more.  I guess ADP is old news.  
I know he looked really good.  One of his early carries i thought it was Swift because of the quickness through the LOS.  It was on a side TV so I couldn't see the jersey number or hear the announcers. 

I know he looked really good.  One of his early carries i thought it was Swift because of the quickness through the LOS.  It was on a side TV so I couldn't see the jersey number or hear the announcers. 
Yea I watched his highlights a few times.  He definitely looks good, made a lot of guys miss.  

What do you think of AP fantasy wise and what might happen with the RBBC approach? Seems like early consensus is AP gets early lead in touches with Swift doing more as the season moves on? How about this week? Who do you like better - AP or Swift? I sense a 50/50 toss up. I really don't want to play either this week.

Adrian Peterson rushed 7 times for 41 yards in the Lions' Week 2 loss to the Packers.

Game script was working against Peterson on Sunday with the Lions' trailing by multiple scores for most of the game. Peterson looked the best of the bunch in the season opener but still worked behind Kerryon Johnson, who started and scored the only rushing touchdown of the game. Peterson can get there as a desperation flex if the Lions find themselves with a lead, but that's not something to bet on often with how the Lions look right now.

- Rotoworld

Adrian Peterson rushed 22 times for 75 yards in the Lions' Week 3 win over the Cardinals, adding a 10-yard reception. 

Peterson out-carried younger teammates Kerryon Johnson and D'Andre Swift 22-3, with Swift failing to even register a tote. Peterson can still generate an unruly amount of momentum when he gets a head of steam, but he was having trouble finding the edge in Arizona. The Lions would be better served by treating Peterson as valuable depth who can handle however much work is thrown at him in any given situation, but featuring him like this is a net negative for the offense. Peterson will remain a low-upside FLEX for next week's date with the Saints. 

Sep 27, 2020, 7:47 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread