What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Call Your Shot - First to get popped for HGH? (1 Viewer)

Jerry Curl

Footballguy
With the new testing going into effect in roughly 14 days according to Rappaport, how prevalent do you think the failed tests will be and who are the most likely people to fail?

I have to be honest before all this child abuse issues, I always thought Peterson would fail and always have. Weird question, what about Peyton Manning? Not accusing just wondering if he took any to help his neck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if Peyton got caught they'd pretend he didn't

After this Peterson and Rice stuff I bet nobody gets busted till the offseason and then Lance Briggs.

I was under the impression you couldn't test for HGH like an hour after its been injected.

If thats true under what circumstances would someone ever test positive? They follow them to the gym?

I was under the impression you couldn't test for HGH like an hour after its been injected.

If thats true under what circumstances would someone ever test positive? They follow them to the gym?
That explains why the day before and day of games will not have testing. They say it will cause the players to lose energy. That makes sense but also explains why they wont test around game time.

It would have to be someone that isn't too bright. Apparently it is super hard to fail. I'm thinking Dez Bryant.

I believe that Manning and Peterson used HGH, there is just no way anyone comes back from injuries that quickly without sucking baby fetuses. You also have to consider the older players that have no business being in the form they are. Frank Gore? Steven Jackson?

It will be linemen and special teamer LBers and such that will get popped.

IF there was a premier offensive guy to get tagged, I am going to say it will be Patterson or D. Thomas.

HGH is out of your system in under 48 hours. The only players that get caught will be the careless ones.

It's more like 48 hours. But it's still really easy to beat and difficult to detect. The only players that get caught will be the careless ones.

The NFLPA agreed way too easy. I doubt anyone gets popped other than, like was previously mentioned, some ST reserve LB.

If the testing is like all the others, it'll be once in camp.

So, it''ll be some O-liineman, desperate to make the team, that cycled off too late.

First, the best experts in the field report there is no good test for HGH. At present, there is no urine test that works. And Dr. Don H. Caitlin, head of the UCLA Olympic Analytical Lab and for many years one of the most knowledgeable experts in the area - possibly the most knowledgeable – has stated that he believes blood testing is impractical. He points out that, out of 1,500 blood tests, only one came back positive for HGH despite a well-founded suspicion that HGH use is far more prevalent. In part, this is because the detection limit is short, about 24 hours. In other words, the athlete would have had to use HGH within approximately 24 hours of the test to actually be caught.
That's from an article last year but I don't think much has changed.

David Boston. A WR shouldn't look like that.

or

John Cena. He plays Mr. Good Buy but he has to be jacked up!

Gonna be ugly.

ESPN asked guys if they would trade guaranteed contracts for mandatory HGH testing and 63% of the players that responded said NO. If that doesn't tell you something, I don't now what does.

Still, the half life is only a few hours and I think they can only test the day before the game and up to 24 hours after. HGH Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday should be good to go!

Users who are viewing this thread