Sabertooth

Lesean McCoy? How concerned are we?

2,376 posts in this topic

Mathis was initially reported as having a grade 3 MCL injury, or a complete tear. 4-8 weeks was the initial prognosis, which I believe was reported around Sept 8th.

He should be back before the fantasy playoff stretch run, but going off the middle ground, he's still a month away from being back.

He's on IR/designated to return. Therefore he must miss at least 8 games.

Im not too worried. They need to get him the ball in space. I didn't watch much of the game v. the skins, but what I saw reminded me of watching the falcons try to run the ball up the middle.

I think the counterpoint to this is that the Eagles are 3-0. He may be frustrating fantasy owners but this isn't a classic under use or misuse scenario.

This entire situation is all too familiar of the 2012 season. I'm going to try and trade now straight up for Lynch, bell, or Gio

I don't think you'll get those player. Maybe Gio.

With a shuffled line, sometimes you have a midseason burn-in that happens as well and they start to gel. I've seen the Packers do this. Shuffle shuffle shuffle but the weakness comes more from lack of playing together than it does from lack of individual skill. They might improve even without getting personnel help.

Would you guys say he is a buy low candidate?

As an owners, I'd answer yes.

I have an offer of Lacy/Khiry on the table for McCoy. Thinking about taking it. This might be a little Assistant Coach but I wanted to let others know what kind of trades they are getting and/or accepting. I'm a little more inclined to take this one because I have McCoy in so many leagues and want to diversify, but I could definitely see people not taking it.

That offensive line is garbage run blocking right now and the Eagles don't exactly have a cake run schedule left. They had their two easiest run defenses in week 1 and 2. The rest of the year is average to poor matchups. I thought the Eagles had one of the best playoff run defense schedules but with Washington's ridiculous performance on Sunday that tanks that idea (they play them week 16).

Meanwhile Lacy played his three toughest matchups already.

Don't take it. Lacy has a much higher chance of being unseated by Sproles and has done just as poorly. Personally, I'd see that as a terrible trade.

The season is long, McCoy has lots of time (with an improved OL) to turn it around.

Also really no liking that Week 16 Matchup - Redskins again, in their house.

Home vs Sea Wk 14 as well. :unsure:

That's why you need the bye brother. I watched some of the game on RZ, and as previous posters stated, the OL was decimated. Can a homer give a breakdown of the injured suspended linemen and a projection on their return? (ie OG susp for drug policy - week 4). TIA.

Lane Johnson (RT) - Returning Week 5 from suspension

Todd Herremans (RG) - Not hurt, but getting a little old. Currently graded at -2.6 on PFF

Jason Kelce © - Left yesterday's game with an abdomen injury. Out 6-8 weeks

Dennis Kelly (LG) - Essentially 3rd-string, but looks like he will be the starter until at least game 8. They lost starter Evan Mathis to an MCL sprain and he is eligible to play on November 10, assuming he is healthy. (They also lost backup G Allen Barbre for the year). Kelly currently graded at -1.8. He will be adequate at best.

Jason Peters (LT) - Ejected from yesterday's game. Will return next week.

So absolute best-case scenario right now is the full line is intact for Games 9-16. Realistic best-case scenario is probably fully intact for games 11-16.

think this is it from left to right

Peters, Tobin, Molk, Kelly, Herremans.

opinions on tobin?

I'm sure it's a mistake, but McCoy has an O designation next to his name on yahoos site.

I don't know where they pull their injury designations from.

Likely nothing to see here, but it would require me to go grab a free agent pretty quickly if there is any news on McCoy that we don't know about.

As many have said, the line is the thing but Shady is also dynamic enough (and the coaching is certainly smart enough) to re-look at this now and maybe use the passing game more out of necessity.

I think that will result in Sproles maybe losing some of the value he has had early on and Shady increasing a bit (but not getting back to where we expect him until later in the season when the line is sound again).

Last season McCoy got a very high percentage of the carries, right? But this year, Sproles has eaten into to the rushing pie a little bit more than expected. And the Eagles have passed the ball way more than last season (which I would think is subject to change). Yet, shady is still on pace for 320 carries.

Honestly, McCoy just hasn't played so well so far. From what I've seen, he's danced around a little too much. I have confidence he'll start to play better eventually, probably sooner rather than later.

Who here would take Le'Veon Bell for McCoy?

That's a tough call. Taking in age and this year's situation....probably Bell by a hair. Although McCoy has a bigger track record.

Hey Guys

Stick around for a few if ya can Im gonna try an get some of the TRich posters in here, and well get this party started!

This value will go from potential RB1 all the way down to not roster worthy in 10-man Leagues Just you wait n see!

Everyone needs to be sure to check back tonight for posts..

What your looking for is guys who appear to have been ready to post something like " Worst Dynasty trade offer " But yet have worded it differently.. Itll look something more like: I just got offered "insert name" for McCoy and an early 2nd round pick. Im hoping to counter, but I gotta be extra smooth" ---signed former TRich Owner

On a more serious note! Im quite aware of the lack of production I was eyeballin actual rushing yds between McCoy and Trich recently.. Im thinkin its possible that Defenses have been on the lookout and Lucky. OLine injury's could play a small role (Studs usually only have so many excuses) McCoy is a Stud imho This also could be similar to how Coach Shanny calls run to watch how the defense reacts. I truly don't know! But, I believe hes a great RB!

Call me stupid. I can take it. I just offered Shady for Julio (he's desperate for RBs and I'm loaded there) straight up in a PPR league. I think the O-line problems are going to be too much to consistently overcome.

Update. Guy declined the trade. Which of us was the stupid one here?

Call me stupid. I can take it. I just offered Shady for Julio (he's desperate for RBs and I'm loaded there) straight up in a PPR league. I think the O-line problems are going to be too much to consistently overcome.

I'd decline that offer too. Julio Jones is the #1 scoring non QB in PPR. He was on a similar pace last year before getting hurt. He's no fluke.

Shady has about half as many points to date, and is sitting there right next to Larry Donnell.

Obviously, Shady is a very good bet to finish a long ways ahead of Larry Donnell, but there's genuine reason to think Shady will finish the year as a fringe RB1. Meanwhile Julio has given us plenty of reason to believe he'll finish the season as one of the top few players.

That's a tough call. Taking in age and this year's situation....probably Bell by a hair. Although McCoy has a bigger track record.

Looks tough right now but Shady is a special talent at the position and over time that shows. Shady has line problems. Bell had them last year. Ceteris Parabis, I go with Shady.

Julio, if healthy will straight up get 20 points every week. LeCheap McNuggets angered the fantasy gods by not leaving a tip and now is paying the price. Your next offer should be LeBust for Lamar Miller or VJax.

I'd decline that offer too. Julio Jones is the #1 scoring non QB in PPR. He was on a similar pace last year before getting hurt. He's no fluke.

Shady has about half as many points to date, and is sitting there right next to Larry Donnell.

Obviously, Shady is a very good bet to finish a long ways ahead of Larry Donnell, but there's genuine reason to think Shady will finish the year as a fringe RB1. Meanwhile Julio has given us plenty of reason to believe he'll finish the season as one of the top few players.

To build onto this response.. Offering up McCoy after the crappiest game of his career as a starter (and off to a subpar start to the season) for Julio after one of his best career games (and absolutely balling thru 3 games) seems kind of like a dumb move... If I owned Julio I would have declined too, and I own McCoy everywhere I had the opportunity to draft him.

I think McCoy and Lacy owners everywhere should trade and change luck.

1 person likes this

I am concerned but there a lot of football games yet. It is a tough year for RBs in FF.

It looks like McCoy is trying too hard rather than just playing the game.

I am concerned but there a lot of football games yet. It is a tough year for RBs in FF.

Maybe they should try a regular running play rather than hand him the ball 20 times from the shotgun with zero momentum with defenders right in his face. Dude neeeds to make a nice run just to get back to the LOS. A draw works once in a while not every carry

Anyone picking up Polk?

Seems like Sproles' price tag is still steep, but I can't see him playing bell cow with how much this offense runs the ball.

Anyone picking up Polk?

Seems like Sproles' price tag is still steep, but I can't see him playing bell cow with how much this offense runs the ball.

I have dabbled with picking up Polk a few times, but I am unsure how productive he would be if McCoy went down.

Maybe they should try a regular running play rather than hand him the ball 20 times from the shotgun with zero momentum with defenders right in his face. Dude neeeds to make a nice run just to get back to the LOS. A draw works once in a while not every carry

they ran 90+ percent of their plays out of shotgun last year when he lead the league in rushing

1 person likes this

Anyone picking up Polk?

I have dabbled with picking up Polk a few times, but I am unsure how productive he would be if McCoy went down.

hard to tell with such a small sample size, but i believe he has 4 TD's on 13 touches in his NFL career - averaged 9 ypc last year on 11 attempts

they ran 90+ percent of their plays out of shotgun last year when he lead the league in rushing

A run out of the shotgun is fun. Get the guy moving though rather than tsking it at a total stand still every time.

Anyone picking up Polk?

hard to tell with such a small sample size, but i believe he has 4 TD's on 13 touches in his NFL career - averaged 9 ypc last year on 11 attempts

Give the dude 20 carries a game, that's like 60 TDs and 4,000 rushing yards in a season. Why the hell isn't Chip Kelly giving Polk the ball?

Yea, there's no way any team in the league used the shotgun 90% of the time. This isn't college.

If you're going to make outrageous claims like that, back them up.

Yea, there's no way any team in the league used the shotgun 90% of the time. This isn't college.

I do think 90% of his runs were out of the shotgun last game. Every run I saw was, which was at least 12. I assume the other 7 were similar. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

And thing is, every single one, he gets the ball at a stand still and then has to make a super quick highlight reel move to dodge the defenders coming at him rather than already having momentum to get somewhere. Just looks like a horrible running gameplan that has been figured out

Maybe i am reading something wrong?

• Based on his season numbers and the Eagles’ league-leading shotgun usage, it’s no surprise to see Nick Foles top the list in QB Rating, TD percentage, INT percentage, and Yds/Attempt

• All three Eagles quarterbacks (Foles, Michael Vick, Matt Barkley) were in the shotgun on over 90 percent of their dropbacks

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/06/03/qbs-in-focus-shotgun/

Was looking up some infor regarding the Philly O-line and ran into this article. Looks like Chip is switching a few things up. This and the return of Lane Johnson next week should make things better, I hope :confused: :

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20140924_Eagles_Notebook__Eagles_set_revamped_O-line.html

IF YESTERDAY'S practice was any indication - and the players involved assumed it was - the Eagles' starting offensive line Sunday at San Francisco will feature Jason Peters at left tackle, Matt Tobin at left guard, Dave Molk at center, Dennis Kelly at right guard and Todd Herremans at right tackle.

Tobin is the newcomer, having just recovered from a high ankle sprain he suffered in the preseason finale. This would be his first NFL start; he was active for just one game in 2013 after making the team as an undrafted rookie from Iowa. Moving Herremans out to tackle, where he has played before, probably upgrades that position after Andrew Gardner's struggles against Washington, and it allows the three guys who were the interior of a smooth-functioning second-team o-line in the preseason to work together, in their exact preseason spots. Kelly has started at left guard the last two games, since Evan Mathis went down with an MCL sprain.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20140924_Eagles_Notebook__Eagles_set_revamped_O-line.html#tVGhlpKZixeR8J7i.99

This is either schtick or you don't watch the Eagles. Shotgun is all they run.

This is either schtick or you don't watch the Eagles. Shotgun is all they run.

It doesn't say they use shotgun 90% of the time. It says they use shotgun on 90% of his dropbacks. Which means virtually whenever he is under center they are running the ball. That's ridiculously easy to game plan against. No wonder he's having trouble running the ball. Either Foles is under center and it's telegraphed or McCoy has to start with the ball 5 yards deep every time. That might work when you have an all-pro offensive line but not with the patchwork they have going on at the moment.

They probably run it so much because it's a lot easier for a rookie QB than being under center. If the Eagles want to sell the running game they are going to have to take the kiddie gloves off at some point and run a pro offense. Having 90% of the pass plays from shotgun is not conducive to long-term success in the NFL. Even Manning, the least mobile and best mind in the game (whom can get away with running shotgun at a higher rate), only has 80% of his passes from the shotgun.