Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sabertooth

Lesean McCoy? How concerned are we?

I have a feeling this thread is going to end up with egg on its face.

I just have a feeling Shady is going to win some people some playoff games.

The thing is, anyone holding him isn't sniffing the playoffs. If he goes off during the playoffs for someone, it's because a playoff team bought low and Shady finally shows up for a week or two.

I'm 10-0 and have the bye locked up with Shady #1 overall in 12 team redraft. Concerned enough to trade Jordy and JHill to get DeMarco though. Hoping both go off in weeks 15-16.

I am 9-1, locked up a bye at this point. Broke the bank for him in auction, but this is a keeper league so luckily I had some backup plans also. He's started every game for me... This week I could sit him for CJ Ands, haven't decided fully but McCoy is in at the moment.

A little bit of ramble, but not much else to do with this guy at the moment. FWIW I tried to move him this week but no one wants him

Ok, all the chicken littles need to check themselves. Is he going to be your RB1? No, no he isn't. But can he hold down the fort at RB2? Probably. He's getting volume. Tds are fluky. He has quick feet and his line is getting healthy. He #### the bed last week but that was Sanchez's first action and I kind of believe when the poster above said about getting him used to the Chip Kelly flow. This week he plays the worst tackling defense in the NFL as far as I'm concerned. He's going to have a good week. The Packers stink on D against a good offense.

Here's a stat that will make us McCoy owners happy:

He has less TDs than JJ Watt this year :thumbup:

Hey Shady :####you:

• Like 1

Here's a stat that will make us McCoy owners happy:

He has less TDs than JJ Watt this year :thumbup:

Hey Shady :####you:

Hey, don't forget the other 110 players with more TDs than McCoy. That number should only increase after today. Good times. At least next week I get Denard back so I can put McCoy back on the bench.

I was able to get Kelvin Benjamin for him a couple of days ago. At first I thought maybe I made a mistake but now I feel better about it after watching today.

Don't get the complaining here. He put up 100+ yards on the road in a game his team got crushed in.

Don't get the complaining here. He put up 100+ yards on the road in a game his team got crushed in.

It's just that it's more of the same. FWIW, I thought he looked good today. But as I've said previously, he will not produce as a RB1 because he doesn't get scoring opportunities & they don't throw to him

I'm happy. First week with Lesean and he got me 10 points which is more than I have been typically getting from my RB2.

• Like 1

It's just that it's more of the same. FWIW, I thought he looked good today. But as I've said previously, he will not produce as a RB1 because he doesn't get scoring opportunities & they don't throw to him

Not sure how you thought he looked good today. Just past midway through the third quarter McCoy had 15 carries for 45 yards. Julius Peppers intercepted a pass, and returned it for a TD. That made the score 39-6. The rest of the game was pretty much garbage time. McCoy did put up 8/43 after that.

The thing that seems different to me this year, is he can't make guys miss as often. Even when his line gets it blocked up decent, he's getting tackled by the safety.

The Packers came into this game in the bottom two in rush defense.

He's way underperformed his top 5 draft status.

I'm happy. First week with Lesean and he got me 10 points which is more than I have been typically getting from my RB2.

Imagine being privy to this lone post prior to your (universal you) draft.

• Like 1

Hahaha, oh man. It's a crazy upside down world we live in! Shady seems to me (though I only watched about a quarter of the game) to be doing a lot of juking before hitting the hole. I can't tell if that's poor up front blocking forcing him outside or if it's him not running downhill with decisiveness. Anyone have insight on this? He looks almost gun-shy when asked to go between the tackles.

Hahaha, oh man. It's a crazy upside down world we live in! Shady seems to me (though I only watched about a quarter of the game) to be doing a lot of juking before hitting the hole. I can't tell if that's poor up front blocking forcing him outside or if it's him not running downhill with decisiveness. Anyone have insight on this? He looks almost gun-shy when asked to go between the tackles.
I would be disappointed if I drafted McCoy with a top 3 pick. I know disappointment, I started the year with Montee Ball and Doug Martin as my RBs. McCoy is a nice upgrade for me.

I would be disappointed if I drafted McCoy with a top 3 pick. I know disappointment, I started the year with Montee Ball and Doug Martin as my RBs. McCoy is a nice upgrade for me.

I'll stick it out with a committee of Jennings, Vereen, Joique, Mason. I tried shipping Julio plus one a few weeks ago and was denied with no counter offer. I have to bench Gordon or Bryant every week from here on out (CJ, Julio, Sanders) and don't like the idea of that many points going to waste but I just don't think he outperforms what I already have.

What makes me upset when I watch this is that when Shady is in the game, Philly will go out of their way to not even look at him with a screen pass but every freaking play Sproles is in the game, it seems as if the QB has his head turned in his direction pre-snap.

It's hard to complain when McCoy is still getting as many touches as he is but his stat line could be so much better if they wouldn't seem to snake bite him at every situation (seems like he labors hard to get 15 yards on 6 touches and then as soon as he goes out for a breather, Sproles catches a ball in the flat with no defender within 7 yards of him).

Anyway. Its like crying that my 2 pound diamond isn't as shiny as I remember it but its frustrating.

What makes me upset when I watch this is that when Shady is in the game, Philly will go out of their way to not even look at him with a screen pass but every freaking play Sproles is in the game, it seems as if the QB has his head turned in his direction pre-snap.

It's hard to complain when McCoy is still getting as many touches as he is but his stat line could be so much better if they wouldn't seem to snake bite him at every situation (seems like he labors hard to get 15 yards on 6 touches and then as soon as he goes out for a breather, Sproles catches a ball in the flat with no defender within 7 yards of him).

Anyway. Its like crying that my 2 pound diamond isn't as shiny as I remember it but its frustrating.

Move along..stop asking questions. Chip Kelly is a football genius don't you know.

Not sure how you thought he looked good today. Just past midway through the third quarter McCoy had 15 carries for 45 yards. Julius Peppers intercepted a pass, and returned it for a TD. That made the score 39-6. The rest of the game was pretty much garbage time. McCoy did put up 8/43 after that.

The thing that seems different to me this year, is he can't make guys miss as often. Even when his line gets it blocked up decent, he's getting tackled by the safety.

The Packers came into this game in the bottom two in rush defense.

I would counter that with them now stopping Forte last week and McCoy this week. McCoy came out at the same time as Forte did last week.

In the end I am glad I stayed far far away from McCoy.

If he didn't slip and fall on that wheel route yesterday, he was going for a big gain and he knew it. Looked pissed.

Shady is like a inoperable tumor on my team. Just can't bench him, just keep getting his 10 pts per week from him. Thankfully I'm stacked around him.

This week v Tennessee, who just got gouged for 200 by Leveon Bell? Here we go again. I'll count my 10 pts on Sunday and be happy, I guess.

• Like 1

I'm benching him for Jeremy Hill despite Gio probably coming back. I have to think Hill will be the short yardage guy and maybe catch a ball or two. Shady's usage is just baffling. To think I gave away Eddie Lacy this past offseason for this chump just sickens me.

Shady is like a inoperable tumor on my team. Just can't bench him, just keep getting his 10 pts per week from him. Thankfully I'm stacked around him.

This week v Tennessee, who just got gouged for 200 by Leveon Bell? Here we go again. I'll count my 10 pts on Sunday and be happy, I guess.

Shady is not L Bell. Shady may get to 100 total yards again and 0 TDs. He is a solid flex player.

I know its excuses and agree that Shady hasnt looked like himself but.....

Philly has been one crazy ride this season - games I have watched involved a ton of ST and Def TDs....bombs...and blowouts...also he seems to get hit at or before the line of scrimmage...as the OL gets healthier and games are closer down the stretch I think he produces much better down the stretch...no way I bench him or trade him on t he cheap.

Any trades/offers go down ?

I trade McCoy, Adrian Peterson, and Roddy white for Crowell, West, and Tate. Dynasty league. McCoy has been a turd, Adrian is going to be 30, and Roddy isn't needed by my team. I'm basically banking on Crowell outscoring McCoy the ROS, which I think he will comfortably.

Any trades/offers go down ?

Redraft non-PPR, I gave AJ Green for McCoy - this was early in the week during the week Green came back, Jacksonville game. Love Green but he wasn't even 100% sure to play that week at that point, plus the possibility of reinjury, I went ahead and jumped on it. For perspective, Lesean basically replaced Joique for me - they've basically scored the same other than Joique being on bye the first week I had McCoy.

As someone who traded for him instead of drafting I feel like McCoy has been pretty meh but it definitely seems like people's disappointment has been exacerbated by his high draft day price. He's been passable for fantasy purposes for a month and a half now, just not anywhere close to what we expected before the season.

Finally was able to divest of him. Going to be rolling out Crowell this week or Hill. Lesean was a big anchor who will not be missed.

This is the probably the move that breaks the curse. He goes 156 and 2 TD this week...book it.

If Shady isn't top 10 this week (yeah, arbitrary) he'll be on my bench and I'll likely roll the dice with Crowell or using both Cincy RBs. Maybe me finally benching him will break the malaise.

I just traded FOR him in a 2QB 10 team league.

Mallett, Gore, and McKinnon for McCoy and cuttable crap.

With the eagles OL finally getting healthy, I see him doing some big things over the coming weeks. He finished very strong last year. I expect to roll with Ingram and Mccoy at RB, Megatron, Beckham, and Watkins/Benjamin at WR and some combo of Watkins/Benjamin,Mason, Matthews and Landry at flex

This just went down in a 12 team 0.5 PPR start 2 RB league. Has it come to this?

White, James NEP RB

Landry, Jarvis MIA WR

Year 2015 Round 3 Draft Pick

Year 2015 Round 4 Draft Pick

McCoy, LeSean PHI RB

ETA: this is a dynasty league

Edited by Andrew74

Back in week 9 I traded shady away for hilman and green.

10 team 0.5 ppr 2 keeper league. Don't regret it one bit, even with hilman out.

Seems like every week it's the same story. He gets his Oline back, juicy matchup, lean on the run.... It's week 12, it's just not his year. Same thing happened two years ago with him, very mediocre.

Starting Shady over the likes of Crowell and R Jennings.

Starting RB's for week #12 McCoy & Foster - it's crunch time! Unless Foster is out...

Foster & McCoy for me too with Crowell on the bench.

At this point I'm less concerned with what he's gonna do this year (these days he's benched unless there are bye weeks or Foster gets hurt again) - I'm wondering from a Keeper league standpoint what Shady's value will be next year. Does he still qualify as a "top 36" player. that being the number we protect as a league?

• Like 1

I've pretty much accepted that Shady is at best a Fantasy RB2 this season. McCoy owners unfortunately haven't gotten the value that one would expect from a Top 3 overall pick.

Having said that, he could still be a key contributor to your team if you're in the playoffs and have great talent around him.