Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sabertooth

Lesean McCoy? How concerned are we?

1 hour ago, Anarchy99 said:

None of us knows what happened, but look at the timing. The investigation is basically a month old, they have not charged McCoy with anything, and if what has been reported is accurate, the police had only a brief talk to McCoy's attorney because so far they don't have probable cause to link him to anything to compel him to talk further. The GF's attorney has already said the same thing, that the burden of proof in a criminal case is very high and she has sat her client down and explained the legal situation.

Then they file a civil suit well before the police have conducted or finished their investigations, before McCoy is charged, IF he ever gets charged with a crime. And that conveniently comes right before the start of the season? That doesn't strike you as odd or convenient?

I'm not saying she faked getting attacked. It seems far fetched that she would have this done to herself to set McCoy up. But it's been a month and between the police, the media, and the NFL you would think there would be something they could find to tie this to McCoy, as the majority of people (and the league) seem to want him to be involved and to fry for it. If they had anything, McCoy would already be sitting out.

As you said, the police and the league are conducting their own investigations. What the women claims in a court that determines financial awards pretty much means, yeah, the woman at this point wants money.

Again, you don't find it odd that the woman demands money before anything has been reported, with no investigative reports or findings released by either the police or the league, no charges filed, any without even a court date set to try McCoy for a crime?

By comparison, civil cases are just starting to be filed in Las Vegas against the hotel where the mass shooting took place . . . a year ago. Maybe I am way off base, but everything that has gone on so far appears to be with at least some intent to smear McCoy. The initial Instagram post. Her 9-1-1 call insisting that McCoy was behind it. Her reiteration to the officers that responded. Her initial statement through her attorney. Her court filing today.

If you read her filing, she is playing the jilted lover card. He promised to but me a house. He promised to buy me jewelry. He bought me furniture (for his house) but took it away. Her back story certainly fits the narrative to get McCoy in trouble with the league. However, she could just as easily filed with her legal argument that McCoy is financially responsible for protecting her and keeping her safe and he didn't. All the other stuff will likely have no bearing on what she claims is his duty as a homeowner to keep her safe..

So to summarize, I feel sorry that she got attacked. But just because she says that the attacker said he knows McCoy doesn't make it true. And she has gone out of her way to bring that out over and over and over again. She has made a huge effort to say McCoy did it or was behind it every chance she gets.

I think all your posts have been well thought and laid out well. Not biased at all.  That comment offers nothing. 

On 8/1/2018 at 3:30 PM, Brisco54 said:

Graham knows that McCoy has much more to lose than her client at this point and it appears she is trying to leverage that fact.

I would not be surprised if we see some sort of financial settlement based upon McCoy's removal of the prior surveillance system.

Ok, now we have the lawsuit based on the surveillance system.

Now comes the settlement.

I was a bit surprised that the complaint included info about the dog and son allegations.  I thought that the attorney would hold those in reserve to use as more leverage.  By bringing them out up front it seems to indicate that McCoy rejected their first offer already.  They are now hoping the League will start investigating those claims, forcing McCoy to the negotiation table because they probably are rooted in truth.

3 hours ago, pantherclub said:

clearly? Nah man you dont come off as biased at all.

You are basically saying she faked all of this for the money. That seems a bit extreme man. I may eat my words but I would bet anything he is going to sit until this is sorted out.

You seem really emotional about this player and IMO you are not seeing this objectively. You are basically throwing out a hail mary that this woman is only in it for the money. You "clearly" have no idea what is going on.

There is obviously a non-zero chance that she indeed faked all of it for money. Money.. is at the root of most dumb ####. 

From what I read, aside from the gloss of her story, the facts are essentially they spent a summer together, he bought a house nearby - in his name, in trust.  McCoy went away for the football season, she moved in with her children and furnished the house.  He came back for a few months after the season and then he broke up with her.  She squatted in the house.  He filed suit to have her evicted and went away to play football again.  She claims they were still "dating" while he was trying to evict her from the house... ?  

Here is what McCoy is being actually accused of (per the Complaint)

"37. Defendant McCoy intentionally permitted a hazardous condition to exist on the premises when he caused the new security system and cameras to be installed at the Residence and refused to provide information and access of said system and cameras to Plaintiff, prohibiting her ability to arm or disarm the Residence."

38. Defendant McCoy breached his duty to use ordinary care to protect Plaintiff from dangerous activities being conducted at the Residence.  By changing the security system and preventing Plaintiff' access thereto, Defendants effectively left Plaintiff and her minor children defenseless in their own home.

39 Defendants are liable for the assault, battery and intentional infliction of emotional distress suffered by Plaintiff.  Said assault, battery, and emotional distress were inflicted upon Plaintiff without necessity, privilege, or consent"

Does anyone know if having a camera system installed is a requirement in Georgia?  Does not having one create a hazardous condition in Georgia? Why couldn't Plaintiff install her own camera system - a door camera costs roughly $200... ?

She then looks for punitive damages without limit and accuses McCoy of bad faith and stubborn litigiousness to recover legal fees.

McCoy will have a period of time to respond now.  I am interested to hear his side of the story.  I am guessing McCoy will file a motion to dismiss first.  Probably on the last day they can file.  That motion will probably have a hearing.  Then McCoy will get time to file their answer.... etc. etc. etc.  This is going to go on for a little bit.  

I find it a little humorous that she files a complaint, and in the initial pleading accuses McCoy of being overly litigious. lol.  Takes some cahones.      

Edited by Hairy Snowman

LINK

“The Associated Press reported Monday that a person familiar with the situation said the lawsuit would not affect McCoy’s status with the Bills.”

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ace08 said:

Any legal minds on here that can take a stab at what kind of timeline we're looking at here?  At this point is this something that will definitely drag into next year or could action be swift?

Ace which are you asking about... the resolution of the criminal investigation, the  civil suit, or the nfl decision?

Criminal investigations continue until you either have enough to go forward or you run out of leads.  My guess is that they still have a witness or two they have not been able to interview, or they have evidence still being evaluated at the lab (this case may be high profile, but it’s low priority at the lab because the potential charges are not as severe... they would wait their turn behind murders, rapes, maiming, big drug dealers and probably a few others.)

A civil case normally takes about two years to get a trial date, and most cases don’t settle until after they finish discovery and motions and get a trial date.  However, this one will probably settle much sooner because of the third issue... the nfl action.

The NFL decision will probably not happen until the close of the criminal investigation.  Right now the NFL is probably hoping it get resolved in the next three weeks... or not till a January.  They would prefer this to be an off-season story so it does not distract from the games.

If the criminal investigation closes in the next three weeks, expect a civil settlement soon after followed by quick nfl action to close the issue.  

Does this answer your question?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SameSongNDance said:

There is obviously a non-zero chance that she indeed faked all of it for money. Money.. is at the root of most dumb ####. 

its also possible she was really robbed and attacked, incorrectly believes Mccoy was related and is trying to get money from him because she believes the criminal case will fail. I think the point is we just dont know

Edited by Wise Old Owl
  • Like 1

Wise Owl

I think you just agreed with Samesong.  He is saying that there is still a chance she faked it because money is the root of all evil. 

9 hours ago, Anarchy99 said:

LINK

“The Associated Press reported Monday that a person familiar with the situation said the lawsuit would not affect McCoy’s status with the Bills.”

This has been pretty obvious from the start with the facts as they are presented.

8 minutes ago, matuski said:

Why?

One word:  Roger Goddell

If anything he has shown the uncanny ability to overreact and this case will be no different

2 minutes ago, pantherclub said:

One word:  Roger Goddell

If anything he has shown the uncanny ability to overreact and this case will be no different

You said 100%, then back with speculation.

The original allegations were so obviously bogus, he has documented report and call records with police showing he has handled this girl/situation with utmost class, she now files a lawsuit that is completely devoid of her original accusations.

I'm countering your 100% with my 99%... no way.

Edited by matuski

Just now, matuski said:

You said 100%, then back with speculation.

The original allegations were so obviously bogus, he has documented report and call records with police showing he has handled this with utmost class, she now files a lawsuit that is completely devoid of her original accusations.

I'm countering your 100% with my 99%... no way.

You sound like anarchy, how are they "obviously bogus" when the investigation is on going?  I think there is enough smoke here for Goddell to make some sort of move.  Right or wrong that seems to be the way he operates.

Just now, pantherclub said:

You sound like anarchy, how are they "obviously bogus" when the investigation is on going?  I think there is enough smoke here for Goddell to make some sort of move.  Right or wrong that seems to be the way he operates.

Again.. the police records.  Now backed up with the additional fact (not speculation) that she didn't even include them in her lawsuit.

she has gone from accusing him of being an accomplice in a home invasion to.... hey you should have had an alarm system on this home that we all know I shouldn't have been living in to begin with. 

eta - he apparently did have an alarm system.  :lmao:

Edited by matuski

@pantherclub seriously go review police records and specifically the phone calls.  Guy has a year plus long record of handling this woman (who has been trying to cause trouble for that whole year) the right way.

Edited by matuski
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, matuski said:

she has gone from accusing him of being an accomplice in a home invasion to.... hey you should have had an alarm system on this home that we all know I shouldn't have been living in to begin with. 

eta - he apparently did have an alarm system.  :lmao:

Dude I am not saying there is any merit to her at all, just that Goddell operates in a gray.

Dude I am not saying there is any merit to her at all, just that Goddell operates in a gray.

I am saying there is no gray here... this is black and white a woman gone crazy/greedy.  She can't keep her story straight and has been at this for over a year now.

She backpedaled on her original accusation before the investigation is even over.  This is 100% effed up.

• Like 1

@getpoopedonsir - The NFL has no reason to believe any of what she said is true with multiple occasions of her stating he did nothing.

This leads me to believe he will be suspended 8 games...

stolen from another site... don't know what's in Gooddell's head at this point.

Regardless of what you might think of the Commissioner or the process, he needs to have something to hang his hat on before taking action.  Currently, using only the evidence released to the public, he doe snot have enough evidence.  To be honest, the assault allegations are currently less problematic than those of child and pet abuse because the those we have an eye witness (her apparently) that can link McCoy to the alleged misconduct.

35 minutes ago, Brisco54 said:

Regardless of what you might think of the Commissioner or the process, he needs to have something to hang his hat on before taking action.  Currently, using only the evidence released to the public, he doe snot have enough evidence.  To be honest, the assault allegations are currently less problematic than those of child and pet abuse because the those we have an eye witness (her apparently) that can link McCoy to the alleged misconduct.

To double back on what I posted pages ago, the child abuse allegations lose a lot of luster given the fact that she never mentioned them in multiple incidents involving the police and they only surfaced after they had broken up. As far as we know, any incidents of abuse of his child are otherwise unreported or undocumented by an impartial party (the police, a teacher, a doctor, a counselor, a coach, etc.). We don't know if there are photos or videos of the alleged incidents, but not reporting anything at the time it happened generally carries a lot less impact than if if was fully pursued at the time it allegedly happened.

To clarify, I have no idea what did or didn't happen, but if she truly were a concerned child advocate and pet enthusiast, one would have expected her to have reported these incidents if they were so troubling to her. Instead, she brings these issues up in a civil suit looking for monetary compensation for pain, suffering, and damages. The other thing with regard to the child abuse allegations is McCoy's child doesn't live with him and he only has had limited time with him. If there were any serious instances of abuse, there would most likely be evidence of such treatment when the child went back to mom's house. The child's mother has indicated that she has not seen evidence of child abuse.

The other thing I find curious in the GF's civil suit is she indicates McCoy rented her jewelry that was stolen, yet she demands information on the insurance company to file an insurance claim to recoup $133,000. Correct me if I am wrong, but if the jewelry was insured, wouldn't the policy be from the jewelers and not McCoy? It seems backwards that McCoy could rent the items and collect on them when he didn't own them and the jewelers did.

Just now, Anarchy99 said:

To double back on what I posted pages ago, the child abuse allegations lose a lot of luster given the fact that she never mentioned them in multiple incidents involving the police and they only surfaced after they had broken up. As far as we know, any incidents of abuse of his child are otherwise unreported or undocumented by an impartial party (the police, a teacher, a doctor, a counselor, a coach, etc.). We don't know if there are photos or videos of the alleged incidents, but not reporting anything at the time it happened generally carries a lot less impact than if if was fully pursued at the time it allegedly happened.

In regards to this post.  How do you know allegations of child abuse were not made in the past?  If you believe a child is being abused the police is not who you call.  You call some form of child protective services in your state.  When dealing with children the records of reports being called in they are not released unless it is a member of the immediate family requesting that information.  

I would feel more comfortable drafting him if he had a no-brainer cuff and the offense wasn't a trash can. If he get's suspended I'm assuming some combo of Ivory and Cadet would work behind that OL. :X

The floor couldn't be lower. 

1 hour ago, smbkrypt24 said:

In regards to this post.  How do you know allegations of child abuse were not made in the past?  If you believe a child is being abused the police is not who you call.  You call some form of child protective services in your state.  When dealing with children the records of reports being called in they are not released unless it is a member of the immediate family requesting that information.  

I went through a similar situation as McCoy (without the beat down). Went through a nasty divorce and on the way out my ex- cried child abuse. The court assigned an investigator, who shot down her claims based on interviewing people that saw the children regularly. The investigator interviewed doctors, dentists, teachers, coaches, neighbors, etc. and no one ever saw any evidence of abuse . . . meaning that neither one of us could have a case for abuse or child neglect. There were no photographs of, or witnesses to, any abuse, so those allegations were determined to be unfounded and tossed.

In McCoy's case, the mother of his child has indicated she never saw any evidence of abuse. Certainly I have no idea what reports or investigations occurred involving his kid. However, we do know that in the 4 times the police were at his home in the past year, the police noted that they saw no evidence of physical abuse prior to the night in question and no such claims were made.

Every case is different, but the GF had multiple opportunities to make claims and allegations against McCoy to the police in the past. That would have been a very easy thing to do, as a family law attorney will tell you to have everything documented by police reports as that will show a pattern and be useful in court. As far as McCoy's past goes, his interaction with the police and their notes about his behavior and wanting to avoid a scene can only be viewed as a plus in his column. Maybe skeletons in McCoy's past will come out and there are documented cases where he acted inappropriately. It is going to take more than his ex- bringing them to the forefront after their breakup to carry much weight (unless, of course, there is a paper trail and other incidents we don't know about).

8 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

I went through a similar situation as McCoy (without the beat down). Went through a nasty divorce and on the way out my ex- cried child abuse. The court assigned an investigator, who shot down her claims based on interviewing people that saw the children regularly. The investigator interviewed doctors, dentists, teachers, coaches, neighbors, etc. and no one ever saw any evidence of abuse . . . meaning that neither one of us could have a case for abuse or child neglect. There were no photographs of, or witnesses to, any abuse, so those allegations were determined to be unfounded and tossed.

In McCoy's case, the mother of his child has indicated she never saw any evidence of abuse. Certainly I have no idea what reports or investigations occurred involving his kid. However, we do know that in the 4 times the police were at his home in the past year, the police noted that they saw no evidence of physical abuse prior to the night in question and no such claims were made.

Every case is different, but the GF had multiple opportunities to make claims and allegations against McCoy to the police in the past. That would have been a very easy thing to do, as a family law attorney will tell you to have everything documented by police reports as that will show a pattern and be useful in court. As far as McCoy's past goes, his interaction with the police and their notes about his behavior and wanting to avoid a scene can only be viewed as a plus in his column. Maybe skeletons in McCoy's past will come out and there are documented cases where he acted inappropriately. It is going to take more than his ex- bringing them to the forefront after their breakup to carry much weight (unless, of course, there is a paper trail and other incidents we don't know about).

Are you aware of LM past?  And are you aware of how that may skew perception about him?  McCoy is not a boy scout

8 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

As far as when custody and divorce court, in my state at least, they would contact child services if there are claims of abuse or neglect.  They would then look into the allegations.

For the bolded, again, since the process of reporting child abuse or neglect is not through the police it may not make it in their report.  For our state the police forward reports to DCS that concern child abuse/neglect, but this doesn't mean they include all the allegations that are being said (To clarify I am saying if they are there because of a stolen vehicle and the one party says my boyfriend beats my kid.  The police would write up the report of the stolen vehicle and then may make a separate report not pertaining to the stolen vehicle).  They could certainly make a report to DCS about these allegations.  

I think you are jumping to quite the conclusion to say that she didn't make any claims of child abuse or neglect in the past.  She may have filed 100 child abuse reports against McCoy, but during the 4 times police were there he only hit her and not the children (or whatever reason the police were there) so she was dealing with the concerns she had of why the police were there.  

1 minute ago, pantherclub said:

Are you aware of LM past?  And are you aware of how that may skew perception about him?  McCoy is not a boy scout

His checkered past has not gotten him suspended so far, and the GF is essentially suing him for not having a home security system. In her lawsuit, she doesn't even allege McCoy did anything to her, directly or indirectly. The pot stirrers in her lawsuit are basically three items: 1) he beat his kid, 2) he beat his dog, and 3) the assailant said he knew McCoy.

Sure, Rodger the Dodger can make up any outcome he wants for any player. However, it's going to be hard to show he beat his dog, it's going to be hard to show he beat his son (unless there is already stuff on record that we don't know about), and unless the perpetrator is caught and questioned it will be hard to show that McCoy was pulling the strings from a distance.

We can only wait at this point for things to play out.

1 hour ago, smbkrypt24 said:

In regards to this post.  How do you know allegations of child abuse were not made in the past?  If you believe a child is being abused the police is not who you call.  You call some form of child protective services in your state.  When dealing with children the records of reports being called in they are not released unless it is a member of the immediate family requesting that information.  

Obviously we don't 100% know the truth, but since McCoy denies it and the child's own mother says that she has never seen signs of abuse, it certainly takes away from the credibility of the ex-girlfriend. One would think that the child's mom would not have much incentive to come out and say that she didn't believe that McCoy had ever beaten his son if she knew there has been reports made to Child Services previously.

People have use Elliot as a comparable, but what people forget is that there was more than one incident with Elliot. Elliot was on tape pulling the top down off a woman in public. There was hard evidence of a sexual assualt. I guarantee that played a huge role in his suspension. There is no hard evidence at all that we know of to this point.

2 minutes ago, smbkrypt24 said:

As far as when custody and divorce court, in my state at least, they would contact child services if there are claims of abuse or neglect.  They would then look into the allegations.

For the bolded, again, since the process of reporting child abuse or neglect is not through the police it may not make it in their report.  For our state the police forward reports to DCS that concern child abuse/neglect, but this doesn't mean they include all the allegations that are being said (To clarify I am saying if they are there because of a stolen vehicle and the one party says my boyfriend beats my kid.  The police would write up the report of the stolen vehicle and then may make a separate report not pertaining to the stolen vehicle).  They could certainly make a report to DCS about these allegations.  

I think you are jumping to quite the conclusion to say that she didn't make any claims of child abuse or neglect in the past.  She may have filed 100 child abuse reports against McCoy, but during the 4 times police were there he only hit her and not the children (or whatever reason the police were there) so she was dealing with the concerns she had of why the police were there.  

Contained in the actual police reports are comments from the officers that responded to the seen that no evidence of physical violence was detected and no claims of abuse were alleged. I am only going by what the records say. It doesn't mean nothing happened in the past, but it does indicate on the occasions that the police came to the house there were not concerns at that time. We don't know what we don't know.

However, what is out there about the GF is that she did similar things to another boyfriend in the past. She broke up with someone, refused to leave the residence, had to be evicted, finally was forced out by a local sheriff, and then claimed her ex-boyfriend had assaulted her on multiple occasions. The police investigated, no charges were filed, and the police stopped their investigation as it turned up nothing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

Contained in the actual police reports are comments from the officers that responded to the seen that no evidence of physical violence was detected and no claims of abuse were alleged. I am only going by what the records say. It doesn't mean nothing happened in the past, but it does indicate on the occasions that the police came to the house there were not concerns at that time. We don't know what we don't know.

However, what is out there about the GF is that she did similar things to another boyfriend in the past. She broke up with someone, refused to leave the residence, had to be evicted, finally was forced out by a local sheriff, and then claimed her ex-boyfriend had assaulted her on multiple occasions. The police investigated, no charges were filed, and the police stopped their investigation as it turned up nothing.

I have no opinion one way or the other about what McCoy's role in this was or not.  I just think a claim that no reports of child abuse or neglect were made was a statement based not on fact, but lots of speculation because of 4 police reports you read.  If child services said there were no reports of abuse or neglect then you would have something based on fact that this was an outlandish claim and was never reported in the past. 

The key thing to keep in mind again and the reason I responded was because the child abuse/neglect is investigated by a child services agency and not the police.  

15 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

Obviously we don't 100% know the truth, but since McCoy denies it and the child's own mother says that she has never seen signs of abuse, it certainly takes away from the credibility of the ex-girlfriend. One would think that the child's mom would not have much incentive to come out and say that she didn't believe that McCoy had ever beaten his son if she knew there has been reports made to Child Services previously.

People have use Elliot as a comparable, but what people forget is that there was more than one incident with Elliot. Elliot was on tape pulling the top down off a woman in public. There was hard evidence of a sexual assualt. I guarantee that played a huge role in his suspension. There is no hard evidence at all that we know of to this point.

Abuse is one aspect of what child services would look into.  Neglect would be the other.  Domestic violence in the presence of a child would be neglect.  Also other things such as no food in the home, homeless, dirty home, failure to protect, drug exposed, drug use around child, etc.. are also neglect.

ETA: I edited this to add that reports could still be made and McCoy never abused his child.

Edited by smbkrypt24

1 minute ago, smbkrypt24 said:

Abuse is one aspect of what child services would look into.  Neglect would be the other.  Domestic violence in the presence of a child would be neglect.  Also other things such as no food in the home, homeless, dirty home, failure to protect, drug exposed, drug use around child, etc.. are also neglect.

I don't know what any of that has to do with the allegations by the ex-girlfriend that McCoy beat his child and the mother's claims that she has seen no signs of abuse and doesn't think that McCoy has abused the child.

We are 3ish weeks away from the start of the season.  Raise your hand if you really think Goddell is going to let LM play if the NFL/police investigation isnt complete yet? 

1 minute ago, pantherclub said:

We are 3ish weeks away from the start of the season.  Raise your hand if you really think Goddell is going to let LM play if the NFL/police investigation isnt complete yet? 

He absolutely 100% will. If he suspends him, I'll 100% come back and admit that I was wrong. Hopefully you will do the same if/when you are wrong.

9 minutes ago, smbkrypt24 said:

I have no opinion one way or the other about what McCoy's role in this was or not.  I just think a claim that no reports of child abuse or neglect were made was a statement based not on fact, but lots of speculation because of 4 police reports you read.  If child services said there were no reports of abuse or neglect then you would have something based on fact that this was an outlandish claim and was never reported in the past. 

The key thing to keep in mind again and the reason I responded was because the child abuse/neglect is investigated by a child services agency and not the police.  

All I said was no abuse claims were made to the police at the times they went to the house. I never once said anything about any abuse claims to anyone else or that 100% there were none. 

1 minute ago, GroveDiesel said:

He absolutely 100% will. If he suspends him, I'll 100% come back and admit that I was wrong. Hopefully you will do the same if/when you are wrong.

of course, but I have seen too much of Goddell at this point to err on the side of the player.  He is gun shy of the media and the backlash. 

4 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

I don't know what any of that has to do with the allegations by the ex-girlfriend that McCoy beat his child and the mother's claims that she has seen no signs of abuse and doesn't think that McCoy has abused the child.

Well, since you asked, the demolished face by this lady could be domestic violence in front of the child.  There were claims also that this wasn't the first time between McCoy and this lady.  

Both could involve child protective services.

Just now, Anarchy99 said:

All I said was no abuse claims were made to the police at the times they went to the house. I never once said anything about any abuse claims to anyone else or that 100% there were none. 

If there are abuse/neglect claims they go to child protective services.  

If I want to order a pizza I call Papa Johns not Lowes.

If I want to make a claim of child abuse/neglect I call child protective services not the police.

4 minutes ago, smbkrypt24 said:

Well, since you asked, the demolished face by this lady could be domestic violence in front of the child.  There were claims also that this wasn't the first time between McCoy and this lady.  

Both could involve child protective services.

His kid wasn't there when she was robbed. Neither was MCoy. 

16 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

Hard one to call but agree -- I think we'd have seen a little more from Rog and the NFL on this by now. That's not to say that Goodell couldn't come back at any time before the season and put the kibosh on LM playing, but at this moment in time, looks like the eviction suit Cordon filed is on its way to getting resolved between the parties.

https://www.ajc.com/news/local/eviction-hearing-set-for-today-between-lesean-mccoy-girlfriend/bXho1zeihZcCUzji8UZzbJ/

17 minutes ago, smbkrypt24 said:

If there are abuse/neglect claims they go to child protective services.  

If I want to order a pizza I call Papa Johns not Lowes.

If I want to make a claim of child abuse/neglect I call child protective services not the police.

You can say this over and over again and it has nothing to do with what I posted. To repeat myself, the police reports mentioned that there was no evidence of abuse when they responded in three other calls and neither McCoy nor the GF suggested there had been domestic violence issues when they were asked when the officers responded. When the GF was attacked, she mentioned to the officers that prior to that attack there had been no other incidents or history of domestic violence in the house. 

I fully understand what happens in child abuse situations. But a lawyer would certainly argue that when directly asked by law enforcement if there had been a history of domestic violence, she answered no.

But keep explaining to me that you don’t order pizza at Lowe’s. 

• Like 6

I have not read through this entire thread so apologies if I missed it.  What's the local word regarding McCoy? Has there been any word at all from the league office?

7 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

I have not read through this entire thread so apologies if I missed it.  What's the local word regarding McCoy? Has there been any word at all from the league office?

jesus

I haven’t heard anything. I wasn’t touching him before his off field issue. Buf offense is horrid. Lost some OL , WR and Qb are weak. Older player. No thanks - he had an awesome run for many years.

8 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

jesus

Wrong thread?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Anarchy99 said:

We don't know if there are photos or videos of the alleged incidents, but not reporting anything at the time it happened generally carries a lot less impact than if if was fully pursued at the time it allegedly happened.

The other thing with regard to the child abuse allegations is McCoy's child doesn't live with him and he only has had limited time with him. If there were any serious instances of abuse, there would most likely be evidence of such treatment when the child went back to mom's house. 

I am not sure what your frame of reference is for these statements, but a lack of contemporaneous reporting of child abuse has been the norm in cases I prosecuted, not a critical case defect as you imply.  Further, I have investigated and prosecuted multiple cases of child abuse where a parent or parents were completely unaware of the trauma their kids experienced even though they were the primary caregiver.

Most importantly, your public statements like this might actually be very harmful.  Many victims of abuse maintain their silence because they do not feel they will be believed, frequently because they did not report the abuse immediately.  I caution not to make statements that seem to imply that a non contemporaneous report is per se lacking in credibility, less you inadvertently contribute to another case of abuse staying unreported.

You may have many reasons to doubt the allegations in this case... I do as well... but  that does not change what I said above.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Amused to Death said:

Wrong thread?

Nope.  Right thread.  I do not think the league office has issued anything beyond the typical "we are looking into it" statement, but there is apparently a leak that the newly filed civil suit did not affect his playing status.

I am not aware of anything else from the league, but maybe I missed something?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Brisco54 said:

Nope.  Right thread.  I do not think the league office has issued anything beyond the typical "we are looking into it" statement, but there is apparently a leak that the newly filed civil suit did not affect his playing status.

I am not aware of anything else from the league, but maybe I missed something?

Thanks.  All I've heard is speculation and wondered if I missed any comments from the league.

We don't know enough yet to know what the situation will be with the accusations and lawsuit.  We just no there's a non-zero chance that he might be suspended for a significant portion of the season.  But that's not the only mark against him for fantasy:

• Projected to be in a poor offense
  • Old
  • Has seen lot of usage over the years.  2nd in the league in carries last year
  • Might have to work with Josh Allen, whose specialty is the deep ball and not the short stuff that McCoy thrives on
  • Potential suspension

I don't think it's a stretch to put him outside the top 20 RBs if you're drafting today.  It's really doubtful that he's going to end up on my fantasy team.