What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lesean McCoy? How concerned are we? (3 Viewers)

I'm concerned. Only because I feel he sees this as his chance to plant his flag and maybe he's pushing to play when he shouldn't. 

As an owner, I want to see him become the #1 in this offense. But hurt against a tough Raven defense isn't ideal.

Baltimore - ranked best against the run by PFF.

Shady - Hurt ankle

FBG - RB2!

I'm missing something. Badly.
Ummmm.....he plays for the best offense in football. ??

Maybe Baltimore is #1 against the run, but the opportunities are still there to score points. 

Shady - Hurt ankle

FBG - RB2!

Probably using last year’s meeting, too. Combining the stats by Ware and D. Williams, the RB spot was very productive. Basically, it’s the great KC offense and I think it’s the pass catching part is doing it, as well. There’s risk starting him due to being hurt, but again, he’s on a great offense that opens up a lot of (good) possibilities.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shady - Hurt ankle

FBG - RB2!

They played Miami & Arizona.
You have to look at opponents faced with early season Defense rankings.  According to Yahoo, the browns are number one against the pass..... they played the titans and the Jets w/ a 3rd string QB... I doubt the browns are top 16 against pass by end of year....

You have to look at opponents faced with early season Defense rankings.  According to Yahoo, the browns are number one against the pass..... they played the titans and the Jets w/ a 3rd string QB... I doubt the browns are top 16 against pass by end of year....
Sure. I'm using the end of last year and this year's normalization when I use Football Outsiders's DAVE and DVOA and using PFF from last year and the beginning of this one.

I guess it's my roundabout way of disagreeing with FBG and benching Shady if he goes for another RB or a receiver at flex. My RB2 is either Michel or Jacobs in two instances where this comes into play, and I'm more comfortable rolling with them, though Jacobs's health needs to be monitored. 

I have LeSean and DT in a league.  I'm happy.  I think I'd be more excited to find out LeSean is out and it's all DT.

NFL Network's James Palmer reports that the Chiefs believe LeSean McCoy (ankle) is "trending in the right direction" ahead of their Week 3 matchup against the Ravens.

Damien Williams (knee) has already been ruled out. Coach Andy Reid stated Friday that McCoy had a "great practice today." We expect McCoy to suit up Sunday, but it's unlikely he walks into a workhorse role at less than 100%. Darwin Thompson will also be involved. Fire up Shady as a RB2 in the league's best offense even in a tough home matchup against the Ravens' always-solid defense.

SOURCE: James Palmer on Twitter.

Sep 20, 2019, 2:25 PM ET

ESPN's Adam Teicher reports that the Chiefs are "likely to be cautious about overloading" LeSean McCoy (ankle, questionable) in Week 3.

It's not a surprising development considering Shady was limited in practice all week. He's expected to suit up Sunday against the Ravens, but likely won't see a ridiculous 80% snap rate or three-down workload. Look for Darwin Thompson and potentially Darrel Williams to also be involved. Still, Shady is in the RB2 discussion as the lead back in the Chiefs' high-scoring offense.

SOURCE: Adam Teicher on Twitter.

Sep 20, 2019, 3:48 PM ET

Truebluey said:
Probably going on projections. Personally, when the software tells me I'm a 140-110 favorite, THAT'S when I worry, as I inevitably get stomped.
Yep. Fantasy football “projections” or “rankings” is premium snake oil.  

Well all is clearly lost. McCoy is going to start in a barn burner. 
Your tone is lost on me. It's more like they're sending out a gimpy, old sacrificial lamb to the bloodletting service at six A.M.

Ouch.

I'm starting McCoy in one deep league. :football:

I think the Baltimore defense is getting way too much credit after AZ and Miami. I think this game could be another 100 pointer. Like KC LA last year. Even if Baltimore's defense is legit KC is still going to drop 40. Vegas has the over under at 52.5 but I'm saying more like 69.5. When I said 100 earlier I did say *could*. But really I think this has epic shootout written all over it. I don't think I can bench McCoy in the one spot I have him. Too many points to be scored out there. Do I trust him hell no.

Your tone is lost on me. It's more like they're sending out a gimpy, old sacrificial lamb to the bloodletting service at six A.M.

Ouch.

I'm starting McCoy in one deep league. :football:
This is the actual statement from ESPN that RW is referring to above:

>>LeSean McCoy appears he will be ready to play but the Chiefs are likely to be cautious about overloading him.<<

Adam Teicher, Espn 

KC hasn’t said McCoy is on a snap count or anything like that. It’s reasonable speculation.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports there is "optimism" LeSean McCoy (questionable, ankle) will play against the Ravens in Week 3.

The Chiefs are still calling him a game-time decision, though any concern over McCoy's Week 3 availability was put to rest when the veteran was upgraded to full participation at Friday's practice. With Damien Williams (knee) shelved, look for Shady to see the bulk of KC's rushing work with sixth-round rookie Darwin Thompson mixing in as a change of pace. Sunday's forecast calls for heavy rain and 10-15 mph winds in Kansas City, which could work to McCoy's advantage as the Chiefs may be more inclined to run the ball.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Sep 22, 2019, 8:15 AM ET

I started McCoy, sometimes you can't overthink it, idk. I reasoned that if they were so worried about a veteran player that he was 3rd in the pecking order, they wouldn't be playing him at all. Seemed like they were just going easy on him.
I didn't over think it I had him in and this report came out that Darrel Williams was getting the start and Darwin Thompson 2nd in.  How is that over thinking it.  It's called this reporter is clueless and apparently you can't listen to info.  Fantasy Football was better in the 90s when you only relied on yourself and not anything else because there was nothing else.

I didn't over think it I had him in and this report came out that Darrel Williams was getting the start and Darwin Thompson 2nd in.  How is that over thinking it.  It's called this reporter is clueless and apparently you can't listen to info.  Fantasy Football was better in the 90s when you only relied on yourself and not anything else because there was nothing else.

I guess we just read it differently, I don't know. I didn't read that tweet as saying he had info that Williams was starting, I read it as him openly inferring it because of the way pregame warmup snaps were being handed out...and I chose to not give that much importance because if McCoy was looking bad enough to be 3rd in the pecking order, they wouldn't risk playing him imo. 

LeSean McCoy rushed eight times for 54 yards and a touchdown in the Chiefs' Week 3 win over the Ravens, adding three receptions for 26 yards and an additional score.

Errant beat writer pre-game speculation suggested Darrel Williams might start, but it was McCoy who saw the Chiefs' first snap. Thanks in part to McCoy re-tweaking his ankle in the fourth quarter, Williams did end up winning the touch battle 14-11. Before exiting, McCoy scored a straight-ahead one-yarder on the ground before contributing a 14-yarder on a screen. McCoy continued to look more explosive than he did in 2018, turning in a long run of 25. Provided his ankle does not require a week of rest, McCoy will remain on the RB2/3 borderline for Week 4 against the Lions.

Sep 22, 2019, 4:56 PM ET

Whos starting him?

Trying to decide between Shady and carson
I, too, have Carson and Shady in one league. At this moment, I am going with Carson. Of course, I am hoping for the best with Carson, and that he redeems himself. Now if I knew Shady didn’t have any ankle issues right now, regardless of practicing fully on Thursday and Friday, I would start him over Carson without question. I want to see how Shady holds up one more week. I’m not worried about Darrel backing him up.

Whos starting him?

Trying to decide between Shady and carson
Starting him over AP and Hardman at flex in one league. Not starting him in another with Zeke, Conner, David Johnson, and Fournette with two flex spots. Don't read much into the last one because it is an only an 8 team low money league.

I, too, have Carson and Shady in one league. At this moment, I am going with Carson. Of course, I am hoping for the best with Carson, and that he redeems himself. Now if I knew Shady didn’t have any ankle issues right now, regardless of practicing fully on Thursday and Friday, I would start him over Carson without question. I’m not worried about Darrel backing him up.
My thing is the ankle, too. One person rolls up on it and he's done for the day. 

My thing is the ankle, too. One person rolls up on it and he's done for the day. 
Yep! I learned a lot due to having Matt Breida last year, so I rather give it one more week with Shady. I have the option to do that, but that KC offense looks so yummy! It’s so hard to say no. It’s like the forbidden fruit. Lol 

Yep! I learned a lot due to having Matt Breida last year, so I rather give it one more week with Shady. I have the option to do that, but that KC offense looks so yummy! It’s so hard to say no. It’s like the forbidden fruit. Lol 
Well if Carson puts the ball on the ground again hes probably done too

Well if Carson puts the ball on the ground again hes probably done too
Yep, I have thought of that, too. Yet I see Penny not fully healthy right now, so that broke the tie for me, even if he’s active; also reading those articles showing support for Carson helped. Of course, it could be a trap. Overall, it’s how lucky do you feel? With me, I’m going with Carson but I don’t feel 100% confident in it. I do feel like he is my weakest starter in one lineup this week, but Shady’s ankle issue has me saying that I should bench him one more week. I will say that Carson got 15 carries last week, but that was then. Shady could have a good game with no setback. 

NFL Network's James Palmer reports LeSean McCoy (ankle) is "good to go" for Week 4's game against the Lions.

McCoy re-injured his ankle last week, but Shady said he felt better during this week's set of practices than he did two weeks ago. McCoy should draw the start in Week 4 as long as he doesn't suffer a setback in pre-game warm-ups with Damien Williams (knee) out. Darrel Williams (and to a lesser extent sixth-round rookie Darwin Thompson) will mix in behind McCoy, who is a risk/reward RB2 with plenty of upside as the back on a team with the highest team total (31.0) of the week.

RELATED: 

Darrel Williams

SOURCE: James Palmer on Twitter

Sep 28, 2019, 3:43 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread