Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sabertooth

Lesean McCoy? How concerned are we?

27 minutes ago, need2know said:

Whos starting him?

Trying to decide between Shady and carson

Starting him over AP and Hardman at flex in one league. Not starting him in another with Zeke, Conner, David Johnson, and Fournette with two flex spots. Don't read much into the last one because it is an only an 8 team low money league.

Edited by drunkb

Just now, Mario Wario said:

I, too, have Carson and Shady in one league. At this moment, I am going with Carson. Of course, I am hoping for the best with Carson, and that he redeems himself. Now if I knew Shady didn’t have any ankle issues right now, regardless of practicing fully on Thursday and Friday, I would start him over Carson without question. I’m not worried about Darrel backing him up.

My thing is the ankle, too. One person rolls up on it and he's done for the day. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rockaction said:

My thing is the ankle, too. One person rolls up on it and he's done for the day. 

Yep! I learned a lot due to having Matt Breida last year, so I rather give it one more week with Shady. I have the option to do that, but that KC offense looks so yummy! It’s so hard to say no. It’s like the forbidden fruit. Lol 

Edited by Mario Wario
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mario Wario said:

Yep! I learned a lot due to having Matt Breida last year, so I rather give it one more week with Shady. I have the option to do that, but that KC offense looks so yummy! It’s so hard to say no. It’s like the forbidden fruit. Lol 

Well if Carson puts the ball on the ground again hes probably done too

25 minutes ago, need2know said:

Well if Carson puts the ball on the ground again hes probably done too

Yep, I have thought of that, too. Yet I see Penny not fully healthy right now, so that broke the tie for me, even if he’s active; also reading those articles showing support for Carson helped. Of course, it could be a trap. Overall, it’s how lucky do you feel? With me, I’m going with Carson but I don’t feel 100% confident in it. I do feel like he is my weakest starter in one lineup this week, but Shady’s ankle issue has me saying that I should bench him one more week. I will say that Carson got 15 carries last week, but that was then. Shady could have a good game with no setback. 

Edited by Mario Wario

NFL Network's James Palmer reports LeSean McCoy (ankle) is "good to go" for Week 4's game against the Lions.

McCoy re-injured his ankle last week, but Shady said he felt better during this week's set of practices than he did two weeks ago. McCoy should draw the start in Week 4 as long as he doesn't suffer a setback in pre-game warm-ups with Damien Williams (knee) out. Darrel Williams (and to a lesser extent sixth-round rookie Darwin Thompson) will mix in behind McCoy, who is a risk/reward RB2 with plenty of upside as the back on a team with the highest team total (31.0) of the week.

RELATED: 

Darrel Williams

SOURCE: James Palmer on Twitter

Sep 28, 2019, 3:43 PM ET

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, need2know said:

I'm going mccoy over carson in my flex

31 minutes ago, bolldpt said:

I'm waffling on Gordon or Shady in my flex.

Carson>McCoy>Gordon this week in my opinion. Though that might be the reverse order for their rest of season value.

I have a killer decision this week. Going back and forth all night choosing two out of:

Gurley, Mack, Kerryon and Shady. Shady is 4th on my list however. 

1 hour ago, Who am I? said:

I have a killer decision this week. Going back and forth all night choosing two out of:

Gurley, Mack, Kerryon and Shady. Shady is 4th on my list however. 

You like Gurley over Shady?

I don't know what to do with him a this point. When Williams gets back, all four RB's may get carries. Think this is headed for a mess to try and figure out. 

I drafted him in one draft with the knowledge of all this. Without him, I'm thin.  He plays. 

2 hours ago, Payne said:

I don't know what to do with him a this point. When Williams gets back, all four RB's may get carries. Think this is headed for a mess to try and figure out. 

When Williams gets back, Thompson will likely be inactive. 

LeSean McCoy (ankle) was limited at practice Wednesday.

Kansas City's offense experienced a cosmic shift at practice Wednesday as both Damien Williams (knee, full) and Tyreek Hill (shoulder, limited) got back in the fold with Shady. This is a fluid backfield that will ultimately stay a 50-50 timeshare, but Damien's participation likely puts him ahead of Darrel Williams, who's claimed RB15 status the past two games. Fantasy players should expect both Damien and McCoy to split carries, with Darrel sprinkled in during two-minute drills if all are available Sunday night.

SOURCE: Adam Teicher on Twitter

Oct 2, 2019, 5:28 PM ET

What news have I missed on McCoy? Was there any explanation for him being active but not used?

4 minutes ago, BigJim® said:

What news have I missed on McCoy? Was there any explanation for him being active but not used?

He lost a pretty sloppy fumble. But that shouldn't have been enough to sideline him based on how ineffective Damian Williams was. 

If I had to guess, this is just going to be a really ugly backfield. Probably not a predictable top-20 RB in the bunch.

9 minutes ago, BigJim® said:

Damien Williams resumed his role as the starter and got the same 12 to 15 touches he's gotten since he became starter last year.

The chiefs didn't have many carries as a team because indy defended them well and mahomes was hurt, and the colts held the ball for 37:15 with a ball control game plan.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, BigJim® said:

Reid refuses to acknowledge who the better RB is on his team. And it may have cost him the game last night. 

Sure...Shady fumbled the ball.....after running 20 yards and almost breaking it for a TD. Stupid that he didn't get another touch after that. 

Edited by Payne

Week 5 snaps and utilization for KC RB

Damien Williams 35 snaps (56%) 9 rushing attempts 23 yards 4 targets 3 receptions 15 yards
LeSean McCoy 14 snaps (22%) 2 targets 2 receptions 23 yards 1 fumble lost
Darrell Williams 14 snaps (22%)

KC passed the ball 39 times and ran the ball 11 times not including the 3 Mahomes scrambles.

As Fred mentions the Colts controlled the TOP and Andy just forgot to run the ball.

10 minutes ago, Biabreakable said:

Week 5 snaps and utilization for KC RB

Damien Williams 35 snaps (56%) 9 rushing attempts 23 yards 4 targets 3 receptions 15 yards
LeSean McCoy 14 snaps (22%) 2 targets 2 receptions 23 yards 1 fumble lost
Darrell Williams 14 snaps (22%)

KC passed the ball 39 times and ran the ball 11 times not including the 3 Mahomes scrambles.

As Fred mentions the Colts controlled the TOP and Andy just forgot to run the ball.

Reid is his own worst enemy many games.  

Just now, DocHolliday said:

Reid is his own worst enemy many games.  

Some times.

I don't think it was working in this game anyways. They were trying to get a lead and didn't have the ball enough. Mahomes clearly hurt and not playing as well as he usually has.

Just now, Biabreakable said:

Some times.

I don't think it was working in this game anyways. They were trying to get a lead and didn't have the ball enough. Mahomes clearly hurt and not playing as well as he usually has.

Seems like taking the ball out of your injured QBs hands and running the ball more makes sense.  Reid seems unable to change direction with game plans.  There were no excuses not to run the ball this week.  The injured RB excuse was gone.

Glad to see Reid's poor decision making cost the Chiefs a win.   He still won't learn though since he hasn't learned after all these years.  

• Like 1

Damian Williams is a solid receiver and pass blocker but he is an awful runner. I think theyd be stupid to keep McCoy on the bench going forward. Mind boggling they didn't run more and he only got 13 snaps.

Posted (edited)

Should've given Darrel some carries to see if he could move the piles any better. OL wasn't doing Demian any favors, but dude wasn't pushing through the bodies either.

Unless McCoy re-aggravated his ankle, benching him for the fumble seemed excessive, especially with Demian looking pedestrian all night.

Edited by LawFitz

42 minutes ago, travdogg said:

He lost a pretty sloppy fumble. But that shouldn't have been enough to sideline him based on how ineffective Damian Williams was. 

If I had to guess, this is just going to be a really ugly backfield. Probably not a predictable top-20 RB in the bunch.

It wasn't really sloppy, he had the ball high and tight. The defender made a great punch out play.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

Seems like taking the ball out of your injured QBs hands and running the ball more makes sense.  Reid seems unable to change direction with game plans.  There were no excuses not to run the ball this week.  The injured RB excuse was gone.

Glad to see Reid's poor decision making cost the Chiefs a win.   He still won't learn though since he hasn't learned after all these years.  

Maybe they should have run the ball more. They were only down by 3 points until the Colts kicked another field goal.

The Cots were draining the clock though and playing good defense. I can understand Reid putting the game on his best player Mahomes.

We will never know though if KC running the ball more would have led to a better outcome.

The Colts defense was playing pretty well and I think their defense is better against the run than it is against the pass.

1 minute ago, Biabreakable said:

Maybe they should have run the ball more. They were only down by 3 points until the Colts kicked another field goal.

The Cots were draining the clock though and playing good defense. I can understand Reid putting the game on his best player Mahomes.

We will never know though if KC running the ball more would have led to a better outcome.

The Colts defense was playing pretty well and I think their defense is better against the run than it is against the pass.

I feel like we could've seen more of their patented sweeps, screens and shovel sweeps to manufacture some artificial "running" plays. The Chiefs didn't seem nearly as creative last night for some reason.

3 minutes ago, LawFitz said:

I feel like we could've seen more of their patented sweeps, screens and shovel sweeps to manufacture some artificial "running" plays. The Chiefs didn't seem nearly as creative last night for some reason.

I agree they did not seem as dynamic on offense as they have been recently.

Not sure if that is on Andy or it is just that Mahomes is hobbled and not playing as well as usual. Particularly later in the game after he got hit a bunch of times. Mahomes did make some wicked good throws earlier in the game.

Except for the TD the McCoy screen was also one of the best plays of the night for KC (except for the very end). But if teams are defending on the deep ball damnit punch them in the nose up front.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Except for the TD the McCoy screen was also one of the best plays of the night for KC (except for the very end). But if teams are defending on the deep ball damnit punch them in the nose up front.

Seems like common sense.   If teams are defending the pass and swarming your hobbled and prized QB, you run the ball.   And, McCoy has done pretty well running the ball since coming to KC.   I'm not budging.   Reid was out coached and will be out coached in NE should the Chiefs meet the Pats in the playoffs.  

• Like 2

this thread title never gets old

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, need2know said:

I dont get how he didnt get one carry?  Wtf

I'm guessing you have never owned an Andy Reid RB before.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, Morton Muffley said:

I'm guessing you have never owned an Andy Reid RB before.

I have

I still dont get it

6 hours ago, Weebs210 said:

It wasn't really sloppy, he had the ball high and tight. The defender made a great punch out play.

I was at the game and it was sloppy - out away from his body in one arm while running through a bunch of traffic. Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy. 

12 hours ago, Ketamine Dreams said:

I was at the game and it was sloppy - out away from his body in one arm while running through a bunch of traffic. Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy. 

Too much beer maybe?

8 minutes ago, Weebs210 said:

Too much beer maybe?

I didn’t see McCoy drinking while on the sideline. But then again, after that fumble I didn’t see him at all anymore. 

1 hour ago, kittenmittens said:

This is why DWill gets all the 3rd down work. 

I'm sorry, I have a hard time thinking a vet like Shady just forgot how to pass block better than a journeyman. 

1 hour ago, dnurk said:

I don’t think it was sloppy...it was just a fantastic hustle play by Odum.  I don’t think McCoy was prepared for the contact from behind but i don’t think a reasonable observer could say he was being careless with the ball. 

https://www.colts.com/video/highlight-george-odum-forces-lesean-mccoy-fumble

I have no idea how someone could watch that and claim sloppy. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Weebs210 said:

I have no idea how someone could watch that and claim sloppy. 

Eh idk, maybe  put it close to your body, and another arm around it as you become surrounded by people trying to tackle you? 

Andy just being Andy.  Someone posted here or a similar thread that perhaps the loss would be the wakeup call for Andy to put and try to keep his most effective RBs on the field.  So far this year, that has been Shady and Darrel.