Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sabertooth

Lesean McCoy? How concerned are we?

No practice again for Damien.

You'd think Reid wants to start getting in a groove and have some consistency in the running game and maybe, um, stick to a rotation. Maybe McCoy can gain some momentum here this week and Reid sticks with him.

I am really thinking that Williams is the play until the playoffs start.  Fresh legs. Big body.  Can catch the ball.  That is what Reid wants this time of the year.  I wouldn't be surprised if it was back to the normal rotation by the playoffs. 

• Like 1

Clearly the most talented back on this team, going to utter waste over Andy Reid's mansy panting. 

3 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Clearly the most talented back on this team, going to utter waste over Andy Reid's mansy panting. 

Wait, what?

2 minutes ago, Scut Farkus said:

Wait, what?

I didn't want to get suspended over calling him something else.

Let's put it this way: "if Andy Reid could stop bloviating and hemming and hawing and start making up his mind, he'd have his true back." Instead, he got cute with his backfield and tried to coach speak it out of them. They're old dogs. Ain't no new tricks, aside from Darrel. 

1 minute ago, rockaction said:

I didn't want to get suspended over calling him something else.

Let's put it this way: "if Andy Reid could stop bloviating and hemming and hawing and start making up his mind, he'd have his true back." Instead, he got cute with his backfield and tried to coach speak it out of them. They're old dogs. Ain't no new tricks, aside from Darrel. 

Why does he need a “true” back?

these ain’t psalms, this is the nfl.  Multiple backs can succeed.  Reid ####s up game management, but he is an offensive genius.

Just now, Scut Farkus said:

Why does he need a “true” back?

these ain’t psalms, this is the nfl.  Multiple backs can succeed.  Reid ####s up game management, but he is an offensive genius.

My bad. He doesn't really. This was a cross-posting. In the other thread, I said he should have just said "RBBC" to the media and been done with it.

But that also said, among this group, he really does have a pretty glaring top back, and it's hurt them in their four losses. I think McCoy is the guy to run the football for them. That's just me.

1 hour ago, rockaction said:

I think McCoy is the guy to fumble the football for them. That's just me.

23 hours ago, rockaction said:

My bad. He doesn't really. This was a cross-posting. In the other thread, I said he should have just said "RBBC" to the media and been done with it.

But that also said, among this group, he really does have a pretty glaring top back, and it's hurt them in their four losses. I think McCoy is the guy to run the football for them. That's just me.

Shady's fumbles directly lead to two of those......

Damn it.  Have to decide now between Shady, Darrel, and Alshon Jeffrey at my flex.  Playoff berth on the line.  Would have preferred to have been able to start Jeffrey against Miami, without having to choose.

1 minute ago, Bayhawks said:

Damn it.  Have to decide now between Shady, Darrel, and Alshon Jeffrey at my flex.  Playoff berth on the line.  Would have preferred to have been able to start Jeffrey against Miami, without having to choose.

I wouldn’t start jeffrey

17 minutes ago, Team Smokin' said:

Is Shady or Darrel the play? To be, or not to be.

Both, none, or one. A little bit of sustained winds (20-30) in KC favor a little more run game.

you would think, though this IS Andy Reid we are talking about.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Team Smokin' said:

Both, none, or one. A little bit of sustained winds (20-30) in KC favor a little more run game.

Darrel... and I’ll tell you the very scientific reason why.

Im playing against Shady and own Darrel.

• Laughing 2

2 minutes ago, Scut Farkus said:

Andy prolly doesn't even know how the game flow goes or what personnel to go with in the red zone / goal line. It could be just luck of the draw who gets the TD's? Wait a second - fantasy football is considered a game of skill. 

50 minutes ago, Team Smokin' said:

Imo, none of you can help it. I don’t have a choice..flexing McCoy

32 minutes ago, Scut Farkus said:

This

Andys gonna sling it all over wind be damned 

LeSean McCoy rushed five times for 10 yards and one touchdown in the Chiefs' Week 13 win over the Raiders.

He added 20 yards on three catches, nabbing all three of his targets. All three Chiefs running backs scored touchdowns in this one, but Darwin Thompson (11-44-1) ended up leading the team in rushing and touches. McCoy has no explosiveness left in his legs, but he can still score touchdowns in this potent offense. He's a low-volume RB3 every week and gets a tough Week 14 matchup against the Patriots. Both Damien (ribs) and Darrel Williams (hamstring) are uncertain for that one.

Dec 1, 2019, 7:43 PM ET

LeSean McCoy totaled 39 yards on 11 carries while also securing one catch for four yards on three targets Sunday in Kansas City’s Week 14 win over the Patriots.

McCoy led the Chiefs' backfield with Damien Williams (ribs) shelved, though obviously he didn't make the most of that opportunity. He ceded five carries to Spencer Ware and another four to rookie Darwin Thompson. Shady came into Sunday's action with a touchdown in each of his previous two games, though the end zone eluded him Sunday as New England's defensive front proved difficult to crack. Even if Williams misses another game, McCoy won't be an inspiring option when the Broncos visit Arrowhead in Week 15. To McCoy's credit, he compiled a respectable 76 yards (64 rushing, 12 rushing) when these teams met earlier this year.

Dec 8, 2019, 8:11 PM ET