What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pumpkin: The King of Baked Goods (1 Viewer)

Otis

Footballguy
Really hard to stack any time of year up against Fall when it comes to food and drinking. And when it comes to baked goods, Pumpkin will take on all challengers in here. Go ahead, I dare you. Pumpkin Pie? Pumpkin bread? Pumpkin cookies? Good luck there.

Big fan of pumpkin, but I think it's in a second tier with things like peach, boysenberry and banana. First tier includes apple, cherry, blueberry.

My favorite fall protein shake is fresh apple cider, blueberries, vanilla protein, pumpkin pie spice.

Peyton Marino said:
not a baked good, but I'm enjoying a pumpkin beer right now. fall rules.
Oooh, good call. Been drinking these like they're going out of style.

Gr00vus said:
Big fan of pumpkin, but I think it's in a second tier with things like peach, boysenberry and banana. First tier includes apple, cherry, blueberry.
Pumpkin destroys these. Cherry???? Seriously??

Otis said:
ScottNorwood said:
What about chocolate?
It's great. But that's like "hey, water's good when I'm thirsty." We know that. This is next-level stuff in here.
Well, if chocolate were seasonal and pumpkin things were around all year round I think you'd be singing a different tune.

Gr00vus said:
Cherry pie kicks the #### out of pumpkin pie.
Oh wow look, if it isn't the guy here with awful backwards taste in women, here to demonstrate for us his awful backwards taste in baked goods too!

Gr00vus said:
Oh wow look, if it isn't the guy here with awful backwards taste in women, here to demonstrate for us his awful backwards taste in baked goods too!
Oh wow look, if it isn't the guy who kinda use to be cool, here to demonstrate how he's now less hip than my grandfather.

Our dog would eat its poop were were told to mix pumpkin in the food, works like a charm, must be something in make up of pumpkin

Had a pumpkin cider the other day that was great.

Will start my day with a pumpkin pie spice coffee tomorrow.

The one issue here though, is that 99% of this fall pumpkin stuff really has nothing to do with pumpkin. It's really just the spices that go into pumpkin pie added to tons of other stuff. So, really, that does put it in a different category than Apple/blueberry/cherry etc stuff. Because that stuff really tastes like those fruits, whereas all the pumpkin stuff doesn't actually taste like pumpkin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gr00vus said:
Oh wow look, if it isn't the guy who kinda use to be cool, here to demonstrate how he's now less hip than my grandfather.
Hey look, there's a guy chasing a fat woman with a giant bush, and he's got a bag of cherry cookies!!!

Gr00vus said:
Hey look, there's a guy chasing a fat woman with a giant bush, and he's got a bag of cherry cookies!!!
They chase me.

Gr00vus said:
Wasn't that a Seinfeld episode?

brohans at the end of the dance apple takes pumpkins papershaker home because she knows where it is at apple wins and it is not close take that to the bank brohans

I think Otis just likes the flavor of Ginger, nutmeg, Cinnamon, allspice and sugar. (Hint, a touch of clove makes it even better) I don't think Otis cares if the pumpkin comes with the spices and sugar, or at least that he would care if he really knew the flavor he was appreciating. I bet Otis would be just as fond of a good sweet potato pie as a pumpkin one based on the spice pallet of that fine pie. Same goes for breads or cookies, he would like the sweet potato or squash versions just as well since really the taste is primarily from the spices and sugar.

The flavor of pumpkin itself is no match for the flavor of apples or cherries or a world of other things, un-spiced and un-sugared. Now that being said pumpkin is a dual threat. In addition to the meat it also has those lovely seeds. There aint noboby I know going to roast up a boatload of apple seeds or cherry pits and be popping those bad boys in their mouth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gr00vus said:
So Christo gives his opinion and you have to once again be an arrogant ###.

Gr00vus said:
They chase me.
Because you have a bag of cookies.

Gr00vus said:
They chase me.
You don't bring bait when you fish?

My wife makes a pumpkin roll that is pretty awesome. I am not much of a cake fan, but the texture is pretty dense so its more like a brownie. Plus - its about a 50/50 ratio of dense cake to cream cheese middle ...with maple in it.

Gr00vus said:
They chase me.
You don't bring bait when you fish?
I bring dynamite.

Gr00vus said:
So Christo gives his opinion and you have to once again be an arrogant ###.
SHUT IT, APPLE LOVER.

Users who are viewing this thread