What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Buy Low, Sell High! (1 Viewer)

chris1969

Footballguy
Where is this thread? It's one of the few reasons I read the Shark Pool. It's the reasonings of others that make it special. It's not so much the "Who's", but the "Why's" that impress me. So I'll start it off this week...

Sell High.

Jamaal Charles- Practiced all week last week and still didn't play. Been practicing this week and rumor is he won't play again. Kniles Davis looked good in relief. This is a guy I would have taken #1 overall this year if I had that pick. But RB's are disposable and JC is getting old. Even if he comes back healthy, KD deserves to cut into his workload some. I don't see his ceiling being worth his trade value.

Buy Low.

I'm not as confident on this one, but I think Toby Gerhart is a good buy low. Lot's of guys paid too much in the draft expecting "All Day" 2 in Jacksonville. I think Toby has the talent but the rest of the offense is so inept, he hasn't had many chances. Blake Bortles is now the starter so 1 of 2 things are gonna happen. 1) Blake lifts the offense and Toby gets more carries without teams stacking the box. 2) Blake is just as bad and Jax is hopeless for the rest of the year. You can probably trade a kicker for Toby right now, so in my opinion it's worth the try for a week or 2.

Ok the rest of you post something better. :D

Man, hard to swallow that Charles might actually be at his "high" point for the season. As depressing as it sounds though, you may be right. He was already due for a reduction in both carries and production this year, and now with the ankle injury and the success of Knile Davis, well - it's not looking good.

I like McCoy as a buy low guy right now. He's been pretty quiet, but I have the utmost confidence in the Eagles offense. He's still probably valued quite high by his owners - so you're probably not going to get that much of a deal on him. But he may be available, and I have a feeling that this will change very soon when he busts out and he becomes untouchable again.

I also like Romo as a buy low. Great topic on this in the Shark Pool right now...

For sell high I'd go with Cousins. I think he caught lightning in a bottle and is going to level off. People love the shiny new toy so you're likely to get an overpay on him.

Last edited:
Charles is 27, that's pretty much a RB's prime, no?

I like Charles as a buy low.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't get behind Charles as a sell high. In fact, I'd call him a buy low. Seeing how Davis has put up numbers, imagine how the more dynamic Charles will do. Ried already admitted his mistake in not giving his best player the ball week 1, so we should expect a heavy work load when ever he gets on the field.

And I highly doubt Knile Davis will eat into the Charles pie. Such short memories....

For all you IDP'ers, if you have him sell NOW, before Sunday...Jelani Jenkins, LB for Miami. Pretty sure he's #1 LB right now, taking place of injured Ellerbe. No way it lasts, dudes gonna fall back to earth hard very soon.

For sell high I'd go with Cousins. I think he caught lightning in a bottle and is going to level off. People love the shiny new toy so you're likely to get an overpay on him.
Check that - sell low.

Last edited:
All Broncos players are buy lows.
I doubt you'll find anyone willing to sell Sanders low given what he did in Seattle last weekend.

And I don't believe Welker is a buy-low given his concussion risk.

The Thomases definitely qualify. As does Manning.

The verdict is still out on Ball. Turns out Moreno was actually good and you can't just stick anyone into his old role and expect automatic fantasy paydirt.

buy low

CJ Anderson

I. Crowell

Taliaferro

L Blount

Chris Ivory

Asiata - a lesser RB with a terrific upcoming schedule.

Andre Williams - Jennings cant possibly keep this up,can he?

D. Herron

J. Brown ,Az

Sell high

Cousins,but that shipped has sailed.he was exposed last night.

A. Bradshaw

Fitzgerald

T. West - Crowell has passed him by.

For all you IDP'ers, if you have him sell NOW, before Sunday...Jelani Jenkins, LB for Miami. Pretty sure he's #1 LB right now, taking place of injured Ellerbe. No way it lasts, dudes gonna fall back to earth hard very soon.
Doubt that. Ellerbe is gone for the year and there really is nothing to push him back out of the lineup. He is going to get his chances.

I don't think so... I'm sticking to my guns where I thought DEN was going to be all overrated because of their much more difficult schedule this year. Add to that Ball's tentativeness and Demaryious' gimpiness... has the makings of them all being overdrafted. Except Sanders I guess, he's beasting it.

I don't think so... I'm sticking to my guns where I thought DEN was going to be all overrated because of their much more difficult schedule this year. Add to that Ball's tentativeness and Demaryious' gimpiness... has the makings of them all being overdrafted. Except Sanders I guess, he's beasting it.
If DT is gimpy, seems like Sanders, Welker, JT, and Caldwell will benefit. We'll have to see how that plays out. Welker has 9 TDs in his final 8 reg season games last year so he has a chance to break out again here.

Sell high
Fitzgerald
Unless your leagues differ from mine, good luck getting anything for him. I've tried trading him every week this season and nobody even counters with anything. I think owners are resigned to hold.

Fitz still looks like a good player that is just getting phased out. He catches everything thrown his way, I would buy low in Dynasty with an eye towards 2015

Buying Andrew Hawkins for peanuts in PPR during his bye week. Probably won't give great last season value but solid option for bye weeks.

Sharks, you've started the topic speaking of J.Charles, so I will ask for help. Simply put, I don't have trading experience. I play fantasy for 4 years and did'n't do much of trading before. My team has (12-team PPR):

M.Ryan; R.Wilson

J.Charles; K.Davis; G.Bernard; I.Crowell; D.Young

Ant.Brown; J. Edelman; Michael Floyd; Roddy White; Josh Gordon(sspd)

Travis Kelce

Dolphins DST

S.Suisham

I am 1-2. It's possible to go for more RB quality? What kind of fair trade I could offer for a RB?

I was thinking offer high, like Russell Wilson and Jamaal Charles for LeVeon Bell.

His owner roster is:

Cam Newton; Geno Smith (Newton ribs and Smith mistakes could bolster Wilson's value to him?)

L.Bell, S.Jackson; Arian Foster; M.Ingram(out); T.West

A.Johnson; J.Maclin; C.Shorts; G.Jennings

Gronk

DST Colts; Rams

N.Novak; S.Gostkowski

Lascelle said:
I doubt you'll find anyone willing to sell Sanders low given what he did in Seattle last weekend.

And I don't believe Welker is a buy-low given his concussion risk.

The Thomases definitely qualify. As does Manning.

The verdict is still out on Ball. Turns out Moreno was actually good and you can't just stick anyone into his old role and expect automatic fantasy paydirt.
What??

Julius Thomas is the #1 TE in standard scoring after 3 weeks.

I'm buying low on Charles and selling high on Cruz. He looked awful the first two weeks, and has finally been productive the past two. I'm not convinced it's going to continue, so if you were to trade Cruz, I think now is as good a time as any.

I'm buying low on Charles and selling high on Cruz. He looked awful the first two weeks, and has finally been productive the past two. I'm not convinced it's going to continue, so if you were to trade Cruz, I think now is as good a time as any.
Sold Cruz before the game last night along with Reed and a low 1st round pick for Michael Floyd and a mid to high 1st round pick ...dynasty

Torrey Smith.

:scared:
I completely agree. Sell him for anything you can get, based on what people remember from previous years. He's not a good NFL WR, and is only a weak homerun threat
I traded him in one league and straight dropped him in another (for Blue). Only holding out hope in one more, but after this week...I will be dropping both Torrey and Brady if their trends continue.

buy low: Mike Vick

he's probably on the waiver wire in your league.

if Geno is benched and he has a good game sell high.

I plan on buying low on Cam Newton in dynasty. I don't see his value ever being this low again.
Are people actually selling Cam at this point? Dudes nursing like 3 different injuries and people are expecting him to be playing like everything's okay. I have him in my dynasty and no way I'm selling a successful, extremely durable dual-threat. At the same time, I realize he probably won't be back to his old self until next season rolls around.

ShamrockPride said:
kingmalaki said:
I plan on buying low on Cam Newton in dynasty. I don't see his value ever being this low again.
Are people actually selling Cam at this point? Dudes nursing like 3 different injuries and people are expecting him to be playing like everything's okay. I have him in my dynasty and no way I'm selling a successful, extremely durable dual-threat. At the same time, I realize he probably won't be back to his old self until next season rolls around.
Well, the owner in my 1 player keeper has him riding the bench behind Kaep, and he may have a decent shot to win this year (also has Julio, Cruz, Lynch and Ball). I'm 0-4 so I may give up the farm come mid season if I'm still out of it (Romo, Gronk, pick whoever else). I think some would trade him to really improve their chances of winning now.

Charles is back, I'm not sure why everyone was writing him off after 1 bad game Davis stepped in and has 2 great games which Charles would have easily accomplished had he not been hurt. He comes back and tears apart a decent front 7. He liked the part to me Monday. Plus who could you possibly sell him high for? The only decent rbs this year are Forte, bell, and gio I would only take bell over Charles but that's just me. I don't own him in any leagues so it's my unbiased opinion.

I think this is the ground floor for any Pats players. It's hard to trade for any of them right now as they look downright awful, but that's kinda the point :)

I might try to buy some of the offense to see if I can benefit from a boost.

I think this is the ground floor for any Pats players. It's hard to trade for any of them right now as they look downright awful, but that's kinda the point :)

I might try to buy some of the offense to see if I can benefit from a boost.
Gronkowski! I got him for pennies in 2 leagues already.

Charles is back, I'm not sure why everyone was writing him off after 1 bad game Davis stepped in and has 2 great games which Charles would have easily accomplished had he not been hurt. He comes back and tears apart a decent front 7. He liked the part to me Monday. Plus who could you possibly sell him high for? The only decent rbs this year are Forte, bell, and gio I would only take bell over Charles but that's just me. I don't own him in any leagues so it's my unbiased opinion.
Demarco?

Anyone buying low on Arian Foster, or has the ship sailed in terms of even wanting to roster him? Schedule seems favorable as the season goes on.

If he is really so valuable as to not have any other player in the conversation, then you could possibly sell him for two players. Or a two for two where the player you pair with Charles is clearly the least valuable of the four involved.

Anyone buying low on Arian Foster, or has the ship sailed in terms of even wanting to roster him? Schedule seems favorable as the season goes on.
Foster is the ultimate risk/reward guy. Yeah, he could explode if he stays healthy, but it's difficult to believe that he will.

Picked him up as throw in I wa trying to get d. Thomas for dez I told him I wanted something with Thomas he offered gronk I was expecting a pine rider. Other league I offered up Doug Martin that was enough to get him. People are under rating gronk anyone who expected him to come back and set the world on fire in the first quarter of the season had wishful thinking or didn't see the play where be blew his knee out less than a year ago. I'm saying by week 6 to 8 he should be back to dominant form.

I'm actually looking at adding or trading for Alfred Blue cheaply(he's owned in all of my leagues). I think Foster ha a good shot at missing at least one more game this year.

Users who are viewing this thread