Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

Dynasty & Redraft: WR Amari Cooper, Cowboys

Recommended Posts

It looks like they are in fact targeting him in the red zone more this year.  The bad news is he just dropped 3 goal line passes.  2 or 3 of them should have been caught, the last one was totally uncontested. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, kittenmittens said:

It looks like they are in fact targeting him in the red zone more this year.  The bad news is he just dropped 3 goal line passes.  2 or 3 of them should have been caught, the last one was totally uncontested. 

Last one was tipped but very catchable 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sarlakticacid said:

Last one was tipped but very catchable 

Thanks,  I didn't catch the tip.   I think all 3 were tough catches but he had both hands on all 3 if I saw correctly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, kittenmittens said:

Thanks,  I didn't catch the tip.   I think all 3 were tough catches but he had both hands on all 3 if I saw correctly. 

1st one Carr rushed and blasted it in there.cb had outside shade was an easy play messed up by over eagerness 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, voiceofunreason said:

Starting to look incredibly overrated. Outplayed for three years now by Crabtree. Just doesn't seem to be progressing.

I have been unimpressed since day 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, voiceofunreason said:

Starting to look incredibly overrated. Outplayed for three years now by Crabtree. Just doesn't seem to be progressing.

Very annoying.  Took this guy 19th overall as my WR2 and they roll the Jets and he goes 4-33.

Crabtree and Carr have quite the connection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dodds and Tremblay have Cooper projected to be a no brainer WR1 this week.

Don't get it.

Wouldn't Norman shadow Cooper? Or is he sticking to one side so far in weeks 1 and 2?

If he's shadowing, this would seem to be a Crabtree type of game.

Haven't seen a single mention of this being a bad matchup for Cooper this week. In fact I've seen the opposite.

Am I missing something? Or are the experts missing like...everything?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Dodds and Tremblay have Cooper projected to be a no brainer WR1 this week.

Don't get it.

Wouldn't Norman shadow Cooper? Or is he sticking to one side so far in weeks 1 and 2?

If he's shadowing, this would seem to be a Crabtree type of game.

Haven't seen a single mention of this being a bad matchup for Cooper this week. In fact I've seen the opposite.

Am I missing something? Or are the experts missing like...everything?

Cooper, Powell, Fitzgerald, Mixon - tended to be guys that FBG's loved more than the consensus all year.  They stick with them for awhile.

Some of the analysis has been lazy, they just stick with their gut more so. 

Edited by Gottabesweet
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, King of the Jungle said:

Any updates if Norman is shadowing OAK WR1 Crabtree or their WR2 Cooper?

IIRC I read somewhere that Norman is not shadowing, he's staying on one side.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, King of the Jungle said:

Any updates if Norman is shadowing OAK WR1 Crabtree or their WR2 Cooper?

Why would a team's WR1 have fewer receiving yards than their WR2 for two consecutive years, and have fewer targets than their WR2 this year?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, King of the Jungle said:

Any updates if Norman is shadowing OAK WR1 Crabtree or their WR2 Cooper?

How's the weather under that bridge?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, King of the Jungle said:

Any updates if Norman is shadowing OAK WR1 Crabtree or their WR2 Cooper?

Norman doesn't shadow, he lines up on the left side 94% of the time. Breeland lineup on the right 88% and Fuller the slot 88% of the time.

Tex

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Why would a team's WR1 have fewer receiving yards than their WR2 for two consecutive years, and have fewer targets than their WR2 this year?

I would think that's the case if they are getting softer coverage for their WR2.  In general, going back to last year, there were less skilled corners facing Crabtree than Cooper. Maybe not the first game here or so but there were many games where Cooper was double covered or shadowed by the team's best receiver.  And he still managed a pretty good year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well no. 1 WRs typically do get the best DB. My perception is it's not Cooper but a function of the Oakland offense, Carr spreads it around and they're balanced. That's an effective offensive strategy and they're a great offense.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crabtree is a WR1, he just doesn't play the Role.. Think back too AZ having three 1K WR's.  IF ya really wanna see Yds, Take a look at when John Jefferson went too GB  Pick your Poison Jefferson OR James Lofton.. I'm sure Lofton (HOF) kept his pos.. But, I believe Jefferson pretty Great.. It would be close too a True 1A 1B type scenario.. I wouldn't sweat Cooper, hes the man in Oakland.. Coachs may adjust something, if needed. Fans wanna see Cooper Ballin too.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BigTex said:

Norman doesn't shadow, he lines up on the left side 94% of the time. Breeland lineup on the right 88% and Fuller the slot 88% of the time.

Tex

Cool.  Thanks Tex.  

Where does Cooper line up most often?  How about Crabtree? Anybody know?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Alex P Keaton said:

Cool.  Thanks Tex.  

Where does Cooper line up most often?  How about Crabtree? Anybody know?

No problem! Coop lineup on the left 55% of the time (Breeland), slot 20% (Fuller) and right 25% (Norman)which means he'll see Breeland most of the day.

Roberts is in the slot 84% so he'll see Fuller and Crabby spends 41% lined up on the right (Norman) 29% in the slot (Fuller), 29% on the left (Breeland)

Tex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BigTex said:

No problem! Coop lineup on the left 55% of the time (Breeland), slot 20% (Fuller) and right 25% (Norman)which means he'll see Breeland most of the day.

Roberts is in the slot 84% so he'll see Fuller and Crabby spends 41% lined up on the right (Norman) 29% in the slot (Fuller), 29% on the left (Breeland)

Tex

Thx!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Wise Old Owl said:

Can we trust this guy the rest of the year?

No, but given where he was drafted, you almost have to start him every week and hope for the best. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

No, but given where he was drafted, you almost have to start him every week and hope for the best. 

Unless you have Diggs :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feeling the same about Cooper right now how I felt about Cooks last week.  Started Cooks today, and will continue starting Cooper as well.  I think the whole offense for the Raiders was horrible tonight and the playcalling was just as bad. I think the way the game developed really just put them in a funk they couldn't seem to get out of.

If this happens another game or two in a row then maybe you can't trust him?  

Crabs did nothing either and may be dinged, so Cooper might be a target hog like Hopkins going forward.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, OU#1 said:

Feeling the same about Cooper right now how I felt about Cooks last week.  Started Cooks today, and will continue starting Cooper as well.  I think the whole offense for the Raiders was horrible tonight and the playcalling was just as bad. I think the way the game developed really just put them in a funk they couldn't seem to get out of.

If this happens another game or two in a row then maybe you can't trust him?  

Crabs did nothing either and may be dinged, so Cooper might be a target hog like Hopkins going forward.  

There's no way in hell I'm starting Cooper this week in Denver. 

Denver coming off a bad loss as well. Not a get healthy spot for D. Carr/Cooper/entire offense.

Play calling awful. For example, why not at least TRY a couple of quick WR screens to the left side? Low risk/high reward play (considering Cooper has taken those to the house before).

Also, is it just me or on a couple of long pass plays to Cooper did he just look lost? There was something about the way he was running his route and tracking the ball that seemed completely off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kyoun1e said:

There's no way in hell I'm starting Cooper this week in Denver. 

Denver coming off a bad loss as well. Not a get healthy spot for D. Carr/Cooper/entire offense.

Play calling awful. For example, why not at least TRY a couple of quick WR screens to the left side? Low risk/high reward play (considering Cooper has taken those to the house before).

Also, is it just me or on a couple of long pass plays to Cooper did he just look lost? There was something about the way he was running his route and tracking the ball that seemed completely off.

I have been a pretty big Cooper fan and expected him to take another step forward this year.  So far, I have been totally wrong.  He looks worse than his rookie year.  Last nights game was terrible but his routes were sloppy and he was not playing hard.  His hands were terrible.  He may be pressing and not letting things come naturally.  

I mentioned it in another thread but the Raiders game plan and lack of adjustments on both sides of the ball were the most troubling part of the disaster game.  If that continues, Cooper will be taken out of most games.    

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't watch last night but it's not helping my assessment the previous week when I watched three straight plays of him being targeted in the red-zone 1:1 and he couldn't separate or bring down the catch on any of them. All from the one-yard line. Super, super disappointing. If I can flip him for someone like Baldwin or Hopkins I will not hesitate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Phenomena said:

I didn't watch last night but it's not helping my assessment the previous week when I watched three straight plays of him being targeted in the red-zone 1:1 and he couldn't separate or bring down the catch on any of them. All from the one-yard line. Super, super disappointing. If I can flip him for someone like Baldwin or Hopkins I will not hesitate.

Now's not the week to try and sell, if Crabtree misses one game (doesn't look serious) hopefully Cooper can have a nice week to sell.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's the opposite of a 3rd year breakout?

I kid. He'll be fine. Won't ever be a redzone monster, but I don't see him imploding this year. The whole offense looked like dookie last night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2017 at 8:46 PM, fruity pebbles said:

Sent some offers out for him

FWIW just got him tonight for Coleman and 2018 first. Owner couldn't accept fast enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tombonneau said:

FWIW just got him tonight for Coleman and 2018 first. Owner couldn't accept fast enough. 

I offered John Ross, a mid 1st and a mid 3rd and was rejected without a counter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is everyone else doing with him this week @DENVER?

Don't see much upside.

If Baldwin out, I could see playing P. Richardson over him in a sweet matchup at home vs. INDY. Also, Funchess @NE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's sitting on my bench this week.  I can't put him back out there after the last two weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just acquired and I'll start him vs. Denver. They aren't giving up a ton of yards to WRs but have been yielding TDs. Fingers crossed for 60/1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, tombonneau said:

Just acquired and I'll start him vs. Denver. They aren't giving up a ton of yards to WRs but have been yielding TDs. Fingers crossed for 60/1.

It's possible if Crabtree is out, but as a Cooper owner I think that 20 yards and 0 TDs is more likely. Thus why I'll have Desean in instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look at Cooper's 4 games against Denver the last two years.

14 total receptions.

One game: Goose egg.

This is one of those games where ALL data points towards benching a player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just bought him for Tate and Buck Allen in redraft last week.  Fortunately he didn't cost me my game but that was brutal. 

Still believe in the talent so hopefully, he will figure it out.  Thought he had fixed the drop problem last year.  Whole team looked brutal on Sunday Night.  Offense seemed really vanilla so hopefully, the OC can come up with something a little more imaginative moving forward.  

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He has been on the injury report every week, starting before week 1, with a knee ailment. I wonder if his  lack of production is related to that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sarlakticacid said:

He has been on the injury report every week, starting before week 1, with a knee ailment. I wonder if his  lack of production is related to that

His lack of production is because of his hands, not his knee. He's getting open, but just keeps dropping balls.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/26/2017 at 9:19 AM, TartanLion said:

Gonna wait for the Denver game then hopefully try to buy low after that 

Agreed. In redraft, what would be a reasonable offer (defined to be one that would be accepted)? Straight up WR for WR to not get too complicated.

I'm thinking a high-floor, low ceiling type like Garcon/Thielen....or maybe boom/bust WR3 like D. Adams/R. Cobb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.