Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

Dynasty & Redraft: WR Amari Cooper, Cowboys

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, SCT said:

Do you think this makes a big enough difference in Cooper to hold on to him rather than trade Cooper/Breida for Chubb in ppr dynasty?

 

You're really only giving up 1 player, breida is never on the field more than 2 snaps a game. If you can unload him, you should be running to make this deal.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Amari is really talented and has been poorly utilized the last couple years, but I don't think that going from 1 QB that's afraid to give WRs a shot, to another, is going to increase his production. Now it'll just be Dak that doesn't throw to him, instead of Carr. Really wish he went to the Browns or Colts instead. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie said he got phone call this morning from Cowboys exec Stephen Jones. “He wanted the player, and he gave me the pick. That’s what it came down to.”

For anyone just starting fantasy football please don’t negotiate like Stephen. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How is it rebuilding to trade away a 24 year old potentially elite WR & a 27 year old generational talent at DL?

i have no idea what Gruden is doing with the Raiders. 

Which, coincidentally, seems like the same thing Gruden knows he’s doing with the Raiders. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SCT said:

Based on what?

Lol upside probably. Some people still think he is a top tier WR, feel like if he was he woulda been doing more for Oakland, everyone has there fans and Cooper fans are some of the more outrageous where past performance doesn’t matter that much and yes he did have a good rookie year but that’s abt it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 11:50 AM, kittenmittens said:

PLease get traded... anywhere that isn't a raging dumpster fire.

Does this count?

  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, steelers1080 said:

I think Amari is really talented and has been poorly utilized the last couple years, but I don't think that going from 1 QB that's afraid to give WRs a shot, to another, is going to increase his production. Now it'll just be Dak that doesn't throw to him, instead of Carr. Really wish he went to the Browns or Colts instead. 

Pretty much how I see it. I felt he'd get traded,  out of the teams  that reportedly showed interest the two teams I least wanted to see him go was Washington and Dallas.

ETA- I don't view Dallas a high volume spot for a WR1 but I just hope he can at least be more consistent and not disappear for weeks.

 

 

Edited by menobrown
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, oswizzle said:

Dallas claims recently they havent had a real WR#1 in years......that was until today

And they still don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Salty dudes with no Cooper on the squad... try to contain yourselves... This Man does have a 200 yard game under his belt when he's on his game... This is going to be so fun to watch.... Dak wont be weak like Carr... Carr is scared 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

How is it rebuilding to trade away a 24 year old potentially elite WR & a 27 year old generational talent at DL?

i have no idea what Gruden is doing with the Raiders. 

Which, coincidentally, seems like the same thing Gruden knows he’s doing with the Raiders. 

I have a conspiracy theory that involves coaches purposely trying to get fired so they can collect their guaranteed money while on TV. Gruden is starting the process way earlier than everyone else I have studied lol

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The kid is super talented. He has been ultra inconsistent though except for a pretty consistent issue with dropped balls. Under Del Rio's regime, they really made an effort to work him into the games- almost to a fault. It always seemed to me that they had to put too much effort in the gameplan to make him the #1 than him being or taking the #1 WR. Maybe he flourishes in a new system. On past accomplishments, I am happy with a 1st, which looks to be a solid mid rounder if not better, to ship him off. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

How is it rebuilding to trade away a 24 year old potentially elite WR & a 27 year old generational talent at DL?

Instead of paying mack 20m a year, picking up the 5th year option on cooper and owning their own first, they'll get bosa and the bears first and the cowboys first plus two more firsts next year and have an extra 20m or so in cap. They'll have 5 first round talents AND cap space.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

he was cut last week in one short bench league of mine.. hmm wonder what the faab should be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amari should be a good pickup for the Cowboys, though I'm surprised that they were willing to part with a first round pick.   But they corrected the mistake they made in the draft of not taking the guy in their own backyard (Courtland Sutton).   

Cooper is still a great route-runner, but just drives you nuts with the dropsies.   That needs to be corrected.   

 

Edited by dcgangstas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like seeing real teams make more trades, kinda gives us validation.  Cooper isn’t worth a first, but whatever.  Maybe he’ll be worth starting in a few weeks, as he’s just wasting away on everyone’s bench (including mine).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This deal feels like Trent Richardson to Indy for me. He’s tranding all the wrong ways and you don’t deal a 24 year old potential #1 WR unless you know something. 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dcgangstas said:

Amari should be a good pickup for the Cowboys, though I'm surprised that they were willing to part with a first round pick.   But they corrected the mistake they made in the draft of not taking the guy in their own backyard (Courtland Sutton).   

Cooper is still a great route-runner, but just drives you nuts with the dropsies.   That needs to be corrected.   

 

They didn't make a mistake passing on Sutton - Vander Esch has been a monster. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Foosball God said:

Roy Williams 2.0

LOL.   

Jerruh gave the Lions a first AND a third-rounder for that bust of a trade.  

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Foosball God said:

Roy Williams 2.0

Exactly. Just an awful, awful move. They gave up a first round pick for the right to pay him 14M next year. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

This deal feels like Trent Richardson to Indy for me. He’s tranding all the wrong ways and you don’t deal a 24 year old potential #1 WR unless you know something. 

 

They didn't plan on resigning him and recouped their first round investment. Same philosophy Saints & Pats had with Cooks. Rent and break even. Thats smart economics. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tombonneau said:

They didn't plan on resigning him and recouped their first round investment. Same philosophy Saints & Pats had with Cooks. Rent and break even. Thats smart economics. 

You’re only taking that approach if you’re close and believe the guy you’re getting is a difference maker and can get you similar value after. I don’t think any of us believe any of those things about Cooper or Dallas 

This is long term for Dallas

Edited by Bigboy10182000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, bostonfred said:

Instead of paying mack 20m a year, picking up the 5th year option on cooper and owning their own first, they'll get bosa and the bears first and the cowboys first plus two more firsts next year and have an extra 20m or so in cap. They'll have 5 first round talents AND cap space.  

Assuming they draft talent. 

My guess is secretly, despite saying alllllll the right things, Gruden thinks Carr is the bust. 

And he’ll use one of the picks to get a franchise QB to build around. 

And why waste a 24 yr old receiver & 27 yr old DL during a complete rebuild around a new QB?

thats my theory anyway. :shrug:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Foosball God said:

Roy Williams 2.0

That’s a solid comparison. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

And why waste a 24 yr old receiver & 27 yr old DL during a complete rebuild around a new QB?

thats my theory anyway. :shrug:

I actually like both trades for Oakland, but how can anyone blame them for this move? Cooper isn't worth a 1st round pick. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Concept Coop said:

I actually like both trades for Oakland, but how can anyone blame them for this move? Cooper isn't worth a 1st round pick. 

The only way I’d find fault with it is if they think Carr is the future at QB. 

In which case you’re not helping the dude develop by taking away his top weapon at WR.  Young QB/WR duos who develop together can come out stronger for it. 

This trade is a solid deal for Oakland, assuming Carr isn’t part of their future plans. 

Thats where it could be criticized - if they decided Carr is the future, they’ve shot themselves in the foot a bit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

You’re only taking that approach if you’re close and believe the guy you’re getting is a difference maker and can get you similar value after. I don’t think any of us believe any of those things about Cooper or Dallas 

This is long term for Dallas

I meant it as a rebuttal to Oakland might "know something" about AC to be selling. Could be as simple as they got four years of value out of him and now are selling for same cost they bought at. 

Edited by tombonneau
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stick a fork in him for redraft, this is a huge downgrade. Say what you will about Oakland but they were a top 10 team in passing yards and attempts. Dallas is 29th in both... And its not because they were missing a #1 WR....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How Oakland managed to shoplift a 1st rounder for a guy averaging 3.5 rec/48 yards per game the past 2 seasons on a terrible team that's thrown a bunch is beyond me.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, zoonation said:

A first rounder for Cooper is flat out insane.

this.  love seeing jerry get fleeced.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This feels like H. Walker trade but this time the cowboys got the short end!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, creepythinman said:

How Oakland managed to shoplift a 1st rounder for a guy averaging 3.5 rec/48 yards per game the past 2 seasons on a terrible team that's thrown a bunch is beyond me.

This.  Cooper may be good and as a Raider fan, I hope that he is.  I always liked the kid and felt as though he did his job.  He had some drops issues but his lack of production this year is due to lack of targets.  Carr and Gruden have not done him any favorites. 

For those of us that own Cooper, I think this is a downgrade.  Cooper is probably a WR3 at best with a lot of 5 - 60 stat lines.  The Cowboys are a run first team.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DocHolliday said:

This.  Cooper may be good and as a Raider fan, I hope that he is.  I always liked the kid and felt as though he did his job.  He had some drops issues but his lack of production this year is due to lack of targets.  Carr and Gruden have not done him any favorites. 

For those of us that own Cooper, I think this is a downgradeCooper is probably a WR3 at best with a lot of 5 - 60 stat lines.  The Cowboys are a run first team.  

That would be an upgrade

Edited by mcd
  • Like 2
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mcd said:

That would be an upgrade

Let me rephrase.  I don't see any potential for Cooper to have a 10 catch or 100 yard game again this season.  At least that has happened in the past with the Raiders and was always a possibility.  The Raiders play from behind and now they don't even have Lynch to run the ball.  The Raiders are going to throw the ball a lot the rest of the season.  The Cowboys will not.  

  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SCT said:

Based on what?

Desperation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, joffer said:

this.  love seeing jerry get fleeced.

:goodposting:

The East Coast of the NFC East thanks you for selling a 2019 1st to the AFC, Jerry!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Scott Linehan high school quality offensive scheme doesn't seem like much of a boon for Cooper owners.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gruden neutralized Carr, so moving from Carr to Dak is not bad. He will at least throw his way. Hope he succeeds because I got him in redraft and it's always good to see Gruden look like the clown he really is.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure how people can view this as a downgrade. He's had two good games this year. In PPR, the point totals of his other games were: 1, 3, 2, 0. Is he going to start putting up negative totals now? I don't think he's suddenly going to morph into Hopkins or Thielen, but I think his numbers will improve. They're going to try to feed him the ball as much as Gruden pretended the Raiders would do. And if a 28-29 year-old Dez could put up approximately 800 yards in back to back seasons with Dak at QB, I don't see why Cooper doesn't see an upgrade in productivity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, matuski said:

Could have been worse for Amari I guess.  It wasn't the Titans.

:goodposting: They blow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll call it now. A bunch of hundred yard games going forward.  Get him in your lineups. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How sweet would one of these landings spots have been?:

Michael Silver‏Verified account @MikeSilver 1h1 hour ago

I’m told the Eagles offered a second-round pick to the Raiders for Amari Cooper last week. Raiders held out for a 1. Got it today from Philly’s NFC East rival. Colts also had interest. @AroundTheNFL @nflnetwork

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, BusterTBronco said:

How many points did Brady and Co put up against your so-called "generational talent"?

Cooper is a bum.  Cowboys got absolutely fleeced.

Mack plays DB? :o 

 

 

:loco:

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, BusterTBronco said:

How many points did Brady and Co put up against your so-called "generational talent"?

Uh, 24?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.