Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

Dynasty & Redraft: WR Amari Cooper, Cowboys

2 minutes ago, scottybo said:

And now?

Wow. That was some run down the sidelines. Can't believe he kept his feet in. I can't believe he's going to get me almost as many points as Hill did last week.

• Like 1

Jeeeez. I wanted so badly to start him. I did. I followed the gurus and started a bunch of guys rated higher this week. Ugh. 

1 minute ago, Otis said:

Jeeeez. I wanted so badly to start him. I did. I followed the gurus and started a bunch of guys rated higher this week. Ugh. 

And if you did he would have 2 points. It is what it is. 

I’ll always remember the story of “Oakland staff believes Cooper doesn’t care enough about the game”... never mind that Derek Carr doesn’t throw the ball further than 5 yds. Dak Prescott was averaging around 180/game in the air before Cooper. Good job Gruden.

Also, people need to stop assuming that WR’s moved in trades are just done for. With Cooper and Cooks both being moved during rookie contracts, clearly it’s going to be thematic moving forward.

so he was in my lineup last week.  swear to god, he's averaging 3 ppg in the games I've started him this year.  I'll start him next week for his 3 for 18

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, jomar said:

so he was in my lineup last week.  swear to god, he's averaging 3 ppg in the games I've started him this year.  I'll start him next week for his 3 for 18

Sad.   Sad, but true. 

For everyone who was laughing at Dallas for the trade: happy now?

Theyre undefeated since he joined and the offense is just so much more effective even setting aside his solid performances. Kid is a gamer. Great trade for Dallas. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Otis said:

Theyre undefeated since he joined and the offense is just so much more effective even setting aside his solid performances. Kid is a gamer. Great trade for Dallas. 

Yep. Looks like the talent evaluators could see the problem wasn't with him...

1 hour ago, jomar said:

Same boat.   

3 hours ago, Otis said:

I never stopped believing in the talent. I think last year was injury and this season Carr never got it going.  

Cooper is on his way and he could well help Dallas win the division.

34 minutes ago, az_prof said:

I never stopped believing in the talent. I think last year was injury and this season Carr never got it going.  

Cooper is on his way and he could well help Dallas win the division.

If they can keep finding ways to get into his hands, Dallas will be a formidable match.  Curious to see if they can put up a fight next week

Wow. Had to start Dak/Coop and went to bed at half. Can't believe I woke up to these totals.  I agree with others never lost faith in Cooper. Whenever I wavered I'd watch 2015/16 highlights to remind myself that kind of talent does not evaporate. 

It doesn’t pertain to fantasy at all so if you read beyond this point it shouldn’t affect your view point on him one way or the other in fantasy. I was happy to see him take the high road about the Raiders. Said he didn’t want to prove the Raiders wrong, he just wants to prove the Cowboys right. Good stuff.

• Like 4

Either that field was really slippery or he runs some sick routes. Because his defenders kept ending up on their rears, and then he was breaking tackles. Love it. 

12 hours ago, Otis said:

As I've stated earlier, Cooper could go on to be in 10 pro bowls and it would still be not as good of a deal as Dallas could have gotten. They could have gotten him for a 2nd. 

I use buying a home as an example. You pay 25k over asking price, but the house goes up 75k. is that as big of a win as.you could have had? no. 

Dallas gave up an unknown draft pick for him, which at this point is working out excellent for Dallas. They gave up too much at the time of the trade.

As far as fantasy goes, I was always 50/50 on him. I remember in his player spotlight thread being on the pro side but by the time the season started I was in the negative. He can post some big games, obviously, but it remains to be seen if hes a stud or just the 2018 version of Chad Johnson- finish the season in the top 20, but 80% of his points are in 3-4 games, and then rest are 3-35. 

28 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

As I've stated earlier, Cooper could go on to be in 10 pro bowls and it would still be not as good of a deal as Dallas could have gotten. They could have gotten him for a 2nd. 

How could you possibly know that? It is possible they could have, but it’s also possible some other team would have (or did) offered a first and then they don’t get him. 

Its like when you send a trade offer and it gets accepted immediately you always wonder if you could have offered a little less and still got that player - but then you realize you were obviously willing to pay what you did do you should just be happy.

and as some one that has dealt in real estate - your example is a poor one, as many sellers set a lower asking price because they know it will create a bidding war and thus some one will pay $25k over - as long as you come out ahead in the long run playing the “what if” game is futile and a waste of your time.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Bojang0301 said:

I was happy to see him take the high road about the Raiders. Said he didn’t want to prove the Raiders wrong, he just wants to prove the Cowboys right. Good stuff.

The power of PMA on full display today 

6 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

How could you possibly know that? It is possible they could have, but it’s also possible some other team would have (or did) offered a first and then they don’t get him

I am going off reports. you're right, we may not know of another team

1 hour ago, Dr. Dan said:

I use buying a home as an example. You pay 25k over asking price, but the house goes up 75k. is that as big of a win as.you could have had? no. 

Dallas gave up an unknown draft pick for him, which at this point is working out excellent for Dallas. They gave up too much at the time of the trade.

As far as fantasy goes, I was always 50/50 on him. I remember in his player spotlight thread being on the pro side but by the time the season started I was in the negative. He can post some big games, obviously, but it remains to be seen if hes a stud or just the 2018 version of Chad Johnson- finish the season in the top 20, but 80% of his points are in 3-4 games, and then rest are 3-35. 

I don't get this.

There were reports that a couple of teams offered a 2nd. If THEY didn't get him for a 2nd, why are you and other anti Cowboy fans saying Dallas should have gave a 2nd, 3rd or whatever? If Dallas wanted him, then it took a 1st. Period. So the horrible comparisons to giving $100,000 for a $25,000 house and all that nonsense is just that- nonsense. They gave what they had to to, to keep from letting the next bidding homeowners move in. It now looks like they were pretty awesome at better understanding perceived value then the rest of the bidders. The NFC East foes are just gonna have to suck it up and face it.

12 minutes ago, G-King said:

I don't get this.

There were reports that a couple of teams offered a 2nd. If THEY didn't get him for a 2nd, why are you and other anti Cowboy fans saying Dallas should have gave a 2nd, 3rd or whatever? If Dallas wanted him, then it took a 1st. Period. So the horrible comparisons to giving $100,000 for a $25,000 house and all that nonsense is just that- nonsense. They gave what they had to to, to keep from letting the next bidding homeowners move in. It now looks like they were pretty awesome at better understanding perceived value then the rest of the bidders. The NFC East foes are just gonna have to suck it up and face it.

anti cowboy fan :lol:

I don't understand why eagle and cowboy fans dont get along. they have so much in common, especially assuming anyone who might offer any criticism is a "hater" or "anti Team X fan"

give me a break

Edited by Dr. Dan

2 hours ago, Dr. Dan said:

Jay Glazer reported 6 or 7 teams were interested in Cooper. The Raiders weren't going to hand that kind of talent over for a 2nd round pick, especially at 24 years old. And most certainly not since they had the 5th year option available.

It's extremely speculative to suggest Dallas gave more than they had to. Plus, Cooper is WORTH a 1st.

Now, that said, I continue to preach caution with Cooper. This was a fantastic game, but his full impact won't be felt until next season. Also, the Cowboys don't have a lot of other needs so Dak could very well be on the chopping block by 2020. A better passer could really take advantage of Cooper's skills.

I think Cooper has proven his value to Dallas above stats, but as far as FF, I'm still in wait & see mode despite the great game (as far as this season).

2 hours ago, Dr. Dan said:

I'm guessing you've never bought a house in a sellers market. Asking price is often synonymous with "the bidding starts here" where they likely won't accept the "asking price" anyway. Market value is what it takes to successfully acquire that house at that point in time. You are measuring a "win" against an artificial benchmark.

Edited by habsfan

2 hours ago, Football Jones said:

Also, the Cowboys don't have a lot of other needs so Dak could very well be on the chopping block by 2020. A better passer could really take advantage of Cooper's skills.

but you said, according to your infamous eye balls, Dak was the best mid round qb in the history of the game? 

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 12:20 PM, Dr. Dan said:

but you said, according to your infamous eye balls, Dak was the best mid round qb in the history of the game? 

LOL.

Dak was a great pick considering the round, especially early in his career.

Things can change. If you don't adjust, you get left behind. And that goes for anything in life.

For me, I'm unsure if I want Dak as our long-term QB, but he's certainly turned out to be a value.

That's not what this thread is about, though. What this thread is about is Cooper & there's 2 main points you need to know:

#1 - The move was a no-brainer for Dallas.

#2 - Cooper is worth a 1st.

Edited by Football Jones
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, az_prof said:

What I am really impressed by his sense for the first down marker. On the long routes you see he still has top end speed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiVdcXeJYj8

Yeah, he's turned it up a notch since he came to the Cowboys.

Not sure what happened in Oakland, but it was obvious the raw talent is there.

I'm anxious to see how Dallas can utilize him in the future. Possibly with a better QB.

On 11/22/2018 at 3:51 PM, scottybo said:

And now?

And now, I'm regretting this.

Good to know that Cooper may be more of a viable/dependable/consistent plug and play, but definitely hurts to leave so many points on the bench.

Local redraft league needed a QB this week & beyond.  Offered A. Cooper for Winston(he also has Brady) Thursday morning.  He turned it down out of spite.  Well out of spite I started mr. Cooper on that Thursday.   It could not have been a better turkey day especially knowing that the guy who turned it down had to watch that performance.  Sorry for bragging but I'm still jacked over it.

• Like 2

Amari Cooper is hot garbage.  He went off because he was playing against a hurt Quinton Dunbar.  Can't wait for people to start this loser next week and get 3-42.

1 hour ago, Wooters said:

Amari Cooper is hot garbage.  He went off because he was playing against a hurt Quinton Dunbar.  Can't wait for people to start this loser next week and get 3-42.

And blow up the week after that 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wooters said:

Raiders fan or just blind?

1 hour ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

Raiders fan or just blind?

He has a point. Hes not wrong in that he had poor coverage. My biggest worry if I were an owner would be if he ends up as this generations version of Chad Johnson

18 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

He has a point. Hes not wrong in that he had poor coverage. My biggest worry if I were an owner would be if he ends up as this generations version of Chad Johnson

Cooper owners should be praying for that. 

22 minutes ago, Concept Coop said:

Cooper owners should be praying for that. 

praying he scores 80% of his points in 20% of his games?

45 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

praying he scores 80% of his points in 20% of his games?

A HOF nomination, 6x Pro-Bowl selections, 2x All-Pro teams, 11,000  yards. Rational Cooper owners would happily signup for that.