Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

Dynasty & Redraft: WR Amari Cooper, Cowboys

Amari Cooper caught 8-of-8 targets for 75 yards in the Cowboys' Week 13 win over the Saints.

Cooper also lost a first half fumble where Marshon Lattimore kneed the ball out. The Cowboys are now 4-1 since Cooper's acquisition, with the wideout posting at least 75 yards three times in the process. He has added the desired new element to the Cowboys' offense. He will have a juicy Week 14 matchup against the Eagles' undermanned secondary.

Nov 29 - 11:38 PM

18 hours ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

Couldn’t be more wrong. This is lazy and outdated thinking.

Jerry doesn’t meddle anymore

The Cowboys don’t make stupid decisions

The players aren’t all convicts or drug addicts.

Who is the GM?  It has the name 'Jones' in it...no?

Every team is capable of making stupid decisions...Cowboys aren't immune.

4th line is loco

On 11/24/2018 at 10:58 PM, Wooters said:

Amari Cooper is hot garbage.  He went off because he was playing against a hurt Quinton Dunbar.  Can't wait for people to start this loser next week and get 3-42.

say what?

Another great game for Cooper with Cowboys: 10 for 217 and 3 TDS.   No doubt now that the trade turned things around for him and was in fact a great trade for Dallas who at 8-5 are in playoff hunt.

Edited by az_prof
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

WTH do I do with this guy?!   I can’t bring myself to play him on my dynasty team over AB or Hill, but leaving 47 points on the bench is rough. 

Does he deserve a flex spot over Chubb?  Ugh.  

I am glad to see him rocking though.  Glad no one offered when I put him on the block mid-season. 

7 minutes ago, Andrew74 said:

WTH do I do with this guy?!   I can’t bring myself to play him on my dynasty team over AB or Hill, but leaving 47 points on the bench is rough. 

Does he deserve a flex spot over Chubb?  Ugh.  

I am glad to see him rocking though.  Glad no one offered when I put him on the block mid-season. 

2WR leagues suck. Ask your league to add a flex or 3rd WR slot.

51 minutes ago, az_prof said:

Another great game for Cooper with Cowboys: 10 for 217 and 3 TDS.   No doubt now that the trade turned things around for him and was in fact a great trade for Dallas who at 8-5 are in playoff hunt.

Yup I was dead wrong about that trade.  Certainly looks like it has salvaged the season for the Cowboys and given them a chance to make a deep run in the playoffs

5 minutes ago, Foosball God said:

What does this say about the Raiders and/or Derek Carr?

I'm about as down on Carr as I am any QB or player in the league but sometimes the chemistry just does not work out, not always a party to blame, just the mix does not work and like some relationships growth can only occur through separation.  Still hard to fathom how they could ignore him for such long stretches.

But before we pile on Raiders/ Carr, which I'm usually quick to do, I leave you with this tweet I read earlier this morning:

Try and make sense of this: Amari Cooper 6 games with Raiders 22-280-12.7-1 TD. 6 games with Dallas 40-642-16.1-6 TDs. Derek Carr in 6 games with Cooper 223-150-71.7 (8 ints, 7 TDs) 89.9 rating; Carr 7 games w/out Cooper 223-150-67.3 ) (ints, 8 TDs ) 105.4 rating.

Ryan McDowell @RyanMc23

Since his Week 9 debut with Dallas, Amari Cooper ranks among WRs...

1st in receiving yards (640)

1st in receiving TDs (6)

6th in targets (53)

5th in receptions (40)

14th in Air Yards (510)

1st in fantasy points (140.1)

• Like 1

Cooper is a good example of how watching games helps you in fantasy.  Stats only guys can't see the insane separation he gets just from footwork.  

If you watched Cooper play a lot, it was a lot easier to maintain the faith. 

This kid is a player.  He has that Antonio Brown route running factor and now he has the volume to go with it. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, kittenmittens said:

Cooper is a good example of how watching games helps you in fantasy.  Stats only guys can't see the insane separation he gets just from footwork.  

If you watched Cooper play a lot, it was a lot easier to maintain the faith. 

This kid is a player.  He has that Antonio Brown route running factor and now he has the volume to go with it. 

Right. I saw him getting open.  He just wasn't getting the ball.  And he has always been a great after the catch guy.

12 minutes ago, 3quinox said:

Week three I got offers for a early 2nd for him. Now what would he sell for in dynasty you think?

I wouldn't trade him for less than a mid-first.  Hard to say not knowing much about next year's draft class. Given his youth, I probably would prefer him over a mid-first.

• Like 1

I'm done with this guy.  Just when he tricks us into believing he will finally realize his potential with a better team/QB and be a true #1 WR, he torpedoes many fantasy playoff or DFS teams with a "True Cooper" 32 and 20 yard vanishing act.  I will never again be seduced by his 180+ multi-TD games into thinking he can be a reliable starting WR.  How many of you did he thrust into the playoffs with his huge week 12 and 14 games, only to crush those hopes in week 15 and 16?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

I'm done with this guy.  Just when he tricks us into believing he will finally realize his potential with a better team/QB and be a true #1 WR, he torpedoes many fantasy playoff or DFS teams with a "True Cooper" 32 and 20 yard vanishing act.  I will never again be seduced by his 180+ multi-TD games into thinking he can be a reliable starting WR.  How many of you did he thrust into the playoffs with his huge week 12 and 14 games, only to crush those hopes in week 15 and 16?

This is what Cooper does.  

2 hours ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

I'm going to try to trade him for Theilen or someone. Might take Jarvis Landry and a pick.  Maybe the Beckham Jr owner in my league is as sick of his crap as I am of Cooper's and we can work something out.   I've missed a bunch of his big games and I'm dead tired of being stuck with the stinkers.  

I'll play it cool and see what offers I get before I try shipping him off, but there's only like a 5% chance he's on a roster of mine in Sept 2019.  

3 hours ago, dickey moe said:
7 hours ago, cockroach said:

I'm going to try to trade him for Theilen or someone.

Good luck with that.

I knew some smart ### was gonna quote that.  

Coop is averaging like 5+ points more per game since he landed with Dallas.  There is a VERY good chance he outscores Theilen next year.  Also, the Cowboy fans in my league tend to overpay to get guys on their favorite team. 

1 thing to keep in mind, Has there ever been a WR traded mid season and performed this well that season?

there is also the theme that it is hard to trust a FA WR changing teams, where they presumably get an off season to pick up the offense. Something Cooper has yet to have with the Cowboys 

• Like 2

Yesterday was disappointing but there are only a handful of players who consistently put up 20 pts every game without fail.  In my PPR league, his performance in Dallas (weeks 9-16) rank as the WR6, with 154 points in those 8 games.  For contrast, Thielen has 98 points in that same time span. Tyreek Hill has 138.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, az_prof said:

Yesterday was disappointing but there are only a handful of players who consistently put up 20 pts every game without fail.  In my PPR league, his performance in Dallas (weeks 9-16) rank as the WR6, with 154 points in those 8 games.  For contrast, Thielen has 98 points in that same time span. Tyreek Hill has 138.

Exactly. He’s been a WR1 since coming to Dallas. And WR1s just don’t score 20 points every week.

10 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

This is what Cooper does.  

I see the same guy that was in Oakland, the occasional monster game interspersed with some abysmal games. Main difference is that he's getting more target share in Dallas and there is no Crabtree to steal balls away so there are few more solid/ok games in between the extreme's. In terms of PPG, he's now down to WR9 since being traded to Dallas. Still pretty darn good.

Edited by Buckna

41 minutes ago, az_prof said:

Thielen has fallen off considerably, but both he and Hill have played 1 fewer game than Cooper in that time span. Hill has cooled off too, but is still outscoring Cooper in PPG.

17 hours ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

You do know DAL is a run first team and Dak is a mediocre at best NFL QB, right?   You do know that Cooper's big games are due to big plays and some luck.....things that aren't sustainable.

If you thought Cooper was all of a sudden was going to be a WR1, you were being too optimistic.

Cooper will be overrated again next year.   I love him if he's my WR3, but he will go for high WR2 price next year.

On 12/24/2018 at 12:12 PM, dickey moe said:

Good luck with that.

Cooper is worth way more than Thielen. He's 4 years younger despite being fantasy relevant for longer.  Thielen will be 29 entering next season, which is when trade value starts to evaporate quickly. 

• Like 1

I think it is pretty clear at this point: Cooper is a perfectly fine WR2 going forward. If he is your WR1, you could do worse but the reality is the consistency will not be there; be prepared for some game winning weeks, but also for some clunkers. It is as much Dak as it is him. Game flow and scripts, given the propensity to prefer a ground heavy attack don’t bode well. If  drafting for next year, Cooper is probably just outside the top 10 WR.

• Like 1

Amari Cooper caught 7-of-9 targets for 106 yards in the Cowboys' Wild Card win over Seattle.

It was the third time Cooper's hit the 100-yard mark since joining the Cowboys in Week 9, all of which have occurred inside of JerryWorld. Above-Average Amari has now averaged 109.5 yards in six games in Dallas and merely 43.5 in four games on the road since getting out of Oakland. Those splits are worrisome for the Cowboys' must-travel Divisional Round matchup, but Cooper will ultimately stay Dak's go-to target in an up-tempo duel no matter where the team plays next. He'll again be a WR1 in any fantasy playoff contests on Divisional Weekend.

Jan 6 - 12:36 AM