What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Amari Cooper, CLE (7 Viewers)

ESPN's Todd Archer reports Amari Cooper's (quad) availability for Week 7 is in serious question.

Coach Jason Garrett said Cooper is day to day. Cooper is dealing with a bruised thigh with no structural damage, although he was reportedly in "terrible pain" following the Cowboys' Week 6 loss to the Jets. The absence of Cooper would likely lead to Cedrick Wilson working alongside Michael Gallup and Tavon Austin in 3-WR sets if Randall Cobb (hip) is also sidelined. This is all terrible news for Dak Prescott, who has failed to surpass 300 yards and/or throw for three touchdowns in eight games without Cooper since Week 1 of last season.

SOURCE: Todd Archer on Twitter.

Oct 14, 2019, 5:10 PM ET

Gallup almost disappeared after Cooper was out (although everyone looked bad the entire game), so I hope he comes back soon

Hes turning into the next Sammy Watkins this season with tons of potential but always banged up

Amari Cooper (quad) is not practicing Wednesday.

Cooper is legitimately questionable to suit up Sunday night against the Eagles, so fantasy owners need to have a backup plan in place. This could go down to the wire as a game-time call. Randall Cobb (back) was also DNP Wednesday.

SOURCE: Jane Slater on Twitter

Oct 16, 2019, 12:16 PM ET

The Dallas Morning News reports that Amari Cooper's progress with his injured quad has "plateaued," but that he still plans to test it Friday.

Cooper dealt with a quad injury as a rookie in 2015 but says this one is different. Cooper could not walk last Monday. He then attempted to play through the issue against the Jets but made it only three snaps. He's struggled for improvement since. It's not a foregone conclusion, but most signs are pointing toward Cooper missing Sunday night's critical divisional tilt with the Eagles. The Cowboys are on bye in Week 8, so getting Cooper the extra rest seems like a no-brainer. With Randall Cobb (back) also banged up, it could be Tavon Austin and Devin Smith behind Michael Gallup.

SOURCE: Michael Gehlken on Twitter

Oct 17, 2019, 3:18 PM ET

Thanks. I just grabbed Preston Williams as a desperation play at WR (dropped J. Graham but have Andrews). Beckham (bye), Amari and AJ Green (likely out). I am fighting for my life here!

Well this was unexpected. I was all set to start Lizard King.

Now I’m back to Cooper with Austin as a “GTD just in case”.

while it’s a tasty matchup I’d almost prefer AC to rest & get healthy. 

by RotoWire Staff
(1 hr ago) Cooper (quad/ankle) is expected to practice Friday, Clarence E. Hill Jr. of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports.

Cooper did not practice the previous two days, but it appears he will get some work at the Cowboys' final session of the week. Cooper said Thursday he was not sure if he would be able to play Sunday against the Eagles, but Hill, per a source, relays that Cooper is on track to suit up if he avoids a setback in practice. Cooper's official status for Sunday will be revealed when the Cowboys release their final injury report.

My concern would be a repeat of last week where he gives it a go only to sit after a handful of plays.

My concern would be a repeat of last week where he gives it a go only to sit after a handful of plays.
Oh that’s weighing on my mind for sure. Even said as much in a text with another FBG just now.

and just saw MVS didn’t practice and may be out making Lizard the only healthy WR. 

i may take it game by game. If I’m way up after the morning games I’ll start Austin in the evening instead. I wish Lizard was a late game tho. 

also I have to say I love this kid because Lizard is fun to type. :)  

Back in the lineup he goes! I need him pretty badly this week. I am projected to lose by quite a few, so if he sits after a few plays...welp such is life.

I kind of get the response. I mean, long-term dynasty beauty will be in the eye of the beholder. 

personally I like AC, because short term we know he’ll be back earlier, and long term he’s got a younger QB who should be good got a while. 

But a case could be made for Adams, who’s shown equally high ceiling, but with an aging Rodgers it’s a slightly riskier prospect. 

long-term, both of these WRs get dinged up a lot so that’s a wash. 

comes down to personal preference. I own neither in dynasty, so...

I don’t think he’ll play and with the late start it makes it tougher for people.  
He practiced today - no update on how well or any effects, but they said he intends on playing.  

it is just a bumps & bruises thing,  but apparently the quad was a deep burn. 

i picked up Austin just in case he’s a late scratch. 

hoping for clarity by Sunday morning though - would rather plug in Lazzard than play Austin, though it is nice to be able to see my players play (I work markets on Sundays so rarely see daytime games) 

He practiced today - no update on how well or any effects, but they said he intends on playing.  

it is just a bumps & bruises thing,  but apparently the quad was a deep burn. 

i picked up Austin just in case he’s a late scratch. 

hoping for clarity by Sunday morning though - would rather plug in Lazzard than play Austin, though it is nice to be able to see my players play (I work markets on Sundays so rarely see daytime games) 
I saw that he was limited and a similar injury to Hilton. I think it’s more to try and have Philly prepared. With a bye next week Dallas doesn’t risk it.  

Gottabesweet said:
I saw that he was limited and a similar injury to Hilton. I think it’s more to try and have Philly prepared. With a bye next week Dallas doesn’t risk it.  
Idk how close he is to being 100%, but he will be out there

barackdhouse said:
Yeah honestly not sure. Longevity of Dak vs Rodgers as a tiebreaker?
Cooper and Dak are both free agents after this season and there’s no guarantee the Boys will have enough money for both. They probably find a way but I could see a scenario where Cooper walks.

The concerns I have here are it’s a Sunday night game, so I’m hosed if he doesn’t play, but also there’s a chance he plays and either ends up sitting again or just doesn’t play well. Also concerned about how the offense is going to look on the road without him being himself. They looked awful last week. So, likely benching Amari and Dak in favor of safer options. 

The concerns I have here are it’s a Sunday night game, so I’m hosed if he doesn’t play, but also there’s a chance he plays and either ends up sitting again or just doesn’t play well. Also concerned about how the offense is going to look on the road without him being himself. They looked awful last week. So, likely benching Amari and Dak in favor of safer options. 
The bolded is my bigger concern. I picked up Austin in case AC is a late scratch, but that’s a big drop-off. 

the good news for you is that the Cowboys are at home, so your travel concerns can be eliminated at least.  :shrug:

The bolded is my bigger concern. I picked up Austin in case AC is a late scratch, but that’s a big drop-off. 

the good news for you is that the Cowboys are at home, so your travel concerns can be eliminated at least.  :shrug:
I’m staring at Cooper vs Austin vs DT vs Jakobi Myers or just play Westbrook if he plays or Darrel Henderson at 1pm. 

Already stuck playing Lat Murray, David Montgomery, Corey Davis and Sony Michel. Gross week. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m staring at Cooper vs Austin vs DT vs Jakobi Myers or just play Westbrook if he plays or Darrel Henderson at 1pm. 
Yeah - at the moment I’ve got Lizard King in my lineup. I hate to bench AC if he’s playing but I also like Lizard over Austin, or over a gimpy AC who leaves after one catch again. 

FWIW, they’re at home tomorrow

I read a note somewhere this morning (CBS?) that he's likely to play.  IMO, Gallup is the guy who will get fed if he doesn't.  
I'm benching. Can't afford another 0.8. FWIW looking at Auden Tate, Darren Waller, Duke Williams or Duke Johnson in flex. So not benching for any kind of sure thing as you can see. 

I’m in. AC locked & loaded. 

Austin on the bench if he’s a late scratch. If he’s playing, I’m playing him. 
I have the same choice and I'm leaning Lazard right now. I lost last week by 1/2 point so AC killed me. I think I prefer the unknown and healthy over the health risk.

I'm in good shape in the one spot I own Cooper. But if I start him I would be benching either McLaurin, Chark, Andrews or Waller. TE premium FFPC. I can't see benching any of those guys. I may sit Cooper for fear he re aggravates or even is a late scratch.

I'm benching. Can't afford another 0.8. FWIW looking at Auden Tate, Darren Waller, Duke Williams or Duke Johnson in flex. So not benching for any kind of sure thing as you can see. 
Tate and Waller seem like obvious plays. Tate's targets are plentiful and Williams is OUT for Oakland. 

Amari Cooper (ankle/quad) is active for Week 7 against the Eagles.

Cooper isn't 100 percent, but he was expected to play. The Cowboys will also have Randall Cobb (back) and both of their starting tackles in the lineup. Inactive for Dallas are CB Anthony Brown, WR Devin Smith, LB Luke Gifford, C Adam Redmond, OL Brandon Knight, DT Justin Hamilton, and DE Dorance Armstrong.

SOURCE: Michael Gehlken on Twitter

Oct 20, 2019, 6:52 PM ET

Amari Cooper caught five passes for 106 yards in the Cowboys' Week 7 win over the Eagles.

Cooper came into Sunday night questionable after only playing three snaps last week. He looked healthy, running his routes and getting out of his breaks at full speed. Cooper got behind the Eagles secondary for a 44-yard catch and run near the end of the first half. He could have had a better game, but he had a touchdown overturned by a penalty. Cooper will use the Cowboys’ Week 8 bye to get 100 percent.

Oct 20, 2019, 11:37 PM ET

Lots of people were wrong about Cooper.  He continues to perform as a WR1 and is doing so consistently.  Since coming to Dallas, in 16 games, which is a full season equivalent:

91 receptions

1346 yards

11 TDs

Lots of people were wrong about Cooper.  He continues to perform as a WR1 and is doing so consistently.****  Since coming to Dallas, in 16 games, which is a full season equivalent:

91 receptions

1346 yards

11 TDs
**** at home games

there, fixed it for you, let me know when you find a road WR1 performance from cooper (it doesnt exist yet as a cowboy)

i dont get it, he looks amazing at home, you never would know he only practiced one day last week.

Amari Cooper (ankle) is practicing in full for Week 9 against the Giants.

Cooper played through his ankle injury in Week 7 and had the bye to rest up. Currently on pace for a career-high 1,419 yards, Cooper should have a field day against the Giants' weak secondary Monday night at MetLife Stadium. He's RotoPat's fourth-ranked receiver for Week 9.

SOURCE: Jon Machota on Twitter

Oct 31, 2019, 4:04 PM ET

Amari Cooper wants to wait until the offseason to revisit extension talks.

Cooper added there "hasn't been much progress" in talks since the season started. The Cowboys still need to get Dak Prescott extended, but re-signing Cooper remains a top priority. On pace for career highs across the board, Cooper is likely going to push for Michael Thomas money ($19.3M AAV) this offseason.

SOURCE: Calvin Watkins on Twitter

Nov 1, 2019, 7:32 PM ET

Amari Cooper caught 4-of-7 targets for 80 yards and one touchdown in the Cowboys' Week 9 win over the Giants.

Cooper appeared to tweak his knee early in this one and went into halftime with 2-30-0 before laying waste to a nonexistent Giants defense for a wide-open 45-yard touchdown on a deep crosser in the second half. Cooper has 100 yards and/or one touchdown in 6-of-7 healthy games this season and is a legit weekly WR1 every time he suits up. He gets a shaky Vikings pass defense next Sunday night and should see plenty of up-and-down top CB Xavier Rhodes.

Nov 5, 2019, 12:00 AM ET

ESPN's Todd Archer reports Amari Cooper (knee) is expected to play in Week 10 against the Vikings.

Cooper (unbeknownst to media) suffered a knee injury in practice last week and re-aggravated it after stumping his knee into the turf Monday night. He missed practice on Wednesday but will reportedly suit up under the lights against Minnesota. The 25-year-old has now fought through heel, ankle, quadriceps, and knee injuries this year but has still performed admirably in ranking No. 8 in receiving yards (701) on a team-high 57 targets. He's a WR1 if officially active Sunday night.

SOURCE: Todd Archer on Twitter

Nov 6, 2019, 4:38 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread