What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Amari Cooper, CLE (4 Viewers)

https://twitter.com/PFF_Steve/status/563366136134512642

we have him with 6 drops on 130 catchable passes for the season. 4.62%
Good find. Thanks

On a side note. Why is that smooth and explosive can't co-exist. A smooth athlete that runs a low 4.4 is labeled as not an explosive player, a max effort runner runs a low 4.4 and they are explosive. I don't get it. The combine will clear some things up but size, speed, age of breakout, stats, metrics....almost identical to Watkins at this point. Yet Watkins is explosive because it "looks" like he he trucking along when he runs, Cooper is athletic because he is smooth when he is trucking along.
actually ran between 4.31-4.37 when they superimposed the kevin white, parker 40 you can clearly see he came ahead of White. Thing is it's hand timed so these times are off anyways. Either way we can put to bed he's not explosive crap. Guy is legit 4.3 doesn't get caught from behind and is a stronger, bigger, faster version of Marvin Harrison/Antonio Brown/Odell Beckham when I put on his tape. Are we still discussing this ??
You quoted a post from February, so no we aren't still discussing this.

I had it settled in my mind to take Gurley and Gordon in my 16t ppr with the 1.01 and 1.02. I'm on the clock and changed my 1.02 to Cooper after re-watching some film. He seems safer to pair with the risk of Gurley. Reports are high on Cooper, but aren't they high on everyone this time of year?

Wonder how defenses will play against him out of the gate. Game plan to stop him right away? I hope Crabtree is spry enough to draw some coverage away from him.

Wonder how defenses will play against him out of the gate. Game plan to stop him right away? I hope Crabtree is spry enough to draw some coverage away from him.
You can't count on Crabtree pulling coverage. He's not worth. Count on the running game. It will be surprisingly good IMO.

Crabtree is a sneaky good stash for PPR, and where he's going should easily out produce his ADP. Just remember Amari is the star and target hog. And the running game will be much improved with the new starting center, Rodney Hudson. He's the key to that line.

Crabtree, not Cooper, has been the WR1 so far in camp. FWIW
I just heard the exact opposite on an ESPN podcast today.
Do yourself a favor and don't listen to ESPN for fantasy football insight. Here is a better source of info for you:

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/

Cooper should be the #1 WR on this team by season's end at latest. But right now, it's Crabtree that's connecting best with Carr.

But on a higher plane, Crabtree clicking well with Carr could actually increase Cooper's value because it would open up the deep plays that he excels at the most. Cooper's mid-route jukes are nasty and if there's inadequate deep help, lookout.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the talent, surprised by the ADP - especially with everyone still citing that "its the Raiders", "unproven QB", etc. 5th round seems a little high to me, but if he slips to the 6th round he becomes a lot more enticing IMO.

Rotoworld:

Amari Cooper - WR - Raiders

Amari Cooper caught four passes for 62 yards in the Raiders' third preseason game.

Cooper apparently lost a pair of second-quarter passes in the sun, something he'll have to learn to deal with better in the Black Hole. One was a clear drop. Cooper bounced back to beat Patrick Peterson for a 36-yard gain later in the first half, creating separation, securing the pass, and tacking on yards after catch. Cooper put on a route-running and YAC clinic on a series of late-second-quarter receptions. Through three preseason games, Cooper is sitting on eight catches and 124 yards. He'll be an every-week PPR starter to open the season.

Aug 30 - 10:48 PM

I think Cooper is a tremendous talent and is eventually going to be great. I am passing on him this year for the following reasons:

- He's a rookie going up against a team's #1 corner every week

- The Raiders schedule is brutal

- His QB is not that good

Feel like where he's being drafted right now people are expecting WR2 numbers and frankly I just don't see it this year. Would much rather have the WR's going near him like VJax, Allen, Andre and Tate.

I think Cooper is a tremendous talent and is eventually going to be great. I am passing on him this year for the following reasons:

Feel like where he's being drafted right now people are expecting WR2 numbers and frankly I just don't see it this year. Would much rather have the WR's going near him like VJax, Allen, Andre and Tate.
did you see what he did to Peterson? I'm sold.

I'll say it again - he's the real deal.

I did.................I'm sold!

Week 1wiill be a great test. Cin defensive backfield was no1 vs WRs or the passing game ( can't recall which it was) last year

It's either him or Carlos Hyde for me. PPR, so I'm leaning Cooper
I would likely do the same but this is close

Starting him over Sammy in one Dynasty and over ARob in another
I like him better than both those guys also.

I love Cooper this year. He's one of the more polished WRs to come out of recent drafts so he should be able to handle the transition, plus solid preseason showing. Oakland will probably be a bit improved but still not great so they will be throwing it a good amount, but not against dimes every time. If healthy I'd guess Cooper will finish a top 20 WR, maybe in the 10-15 range. Carr will look at him first almost every pass play, as he should.

iamkoza said:
no thoughts on amari today? i didnt get to watch, but i was hoping for better production.
If Carr is out for a while, Cooper has very little value. McGloin was terrible, as was the whole Raider team. That o-line is putrid!

Think we'll hang on to this QB for a few more weeks.

Cooper looks like a seasoned vet. Don't know how anyone had White ranked above him in rookie drafts.

Users who are viewing this thread