Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SilverBallers

Preston Brown trade?

Was wondering since I am loaded at LB, if trading Brown would be a smart move since I already have Kiko. I am in a 1.5 point/tackle and 1 point /assist league. Start up to 5 LB's. Wondering if a 2015 1st and maybe a 2015 3rd would be a good value for Brown, because he is kicking some butt right now?

Here is my LB corp:

Paul Posluzney

Karlos Dansby

Paul Worrilow

Kennan Robinson

Kiko Alonso

Preston Brown

Christian Kirksey

Gerald Hodges

Thanks for all who reply

Kiko Alonso is bad MF, and also is a fantasy gold.

Brown is a good player, but when alonso fully recover, there is no question who will be boss in Bills defense.

Unless this is an all-IDP league, anybody who would give up that much to get any IDP, let alone a Preston Brown, should have his head examined. And I'm a Preston Brown fan. But good luck, the easiest way to improve a team is to exploit other teams over-rating the value of IDPs.

I agree with everything you guys have said. I just know right now he is a top 15 LB in our league and there are some desperate teams in need of a LB. I'm just not sure I want to sell him for less, when some IDP's in our league have close to the same value as some offensive players.

I want to trade him but I'm not sure what would be good value as he has scored 47 points so far this season and that puts him up there with some offensive player's in our league. I might just hold onto him and see what plays out. You never know him and Kiko could both be bad asses next year??

I agree with everything you guys have said. I just know right now he is a top 15 LB in our league and there are some desperate teams in need of a LB. I'm just not sure I want to sell him for less, when some IDP's in our league have close to the same value as some offensive players.

I want to trade him but I'm not sure what would be good value as he has scored 47 points so far this season and that puts him up there with some offensive player's in our league. I might just hold onto him and see what plays out. You never know him and Kiko could both be bad asses next year??

It all depends on your scoring system. I own him and he is putting up 18.3 ppg, putting him on par with a decent RB/WR/TE. Personally a 2nd rounder would satisfy me but I'm inclined to wait and see how things play out next year. I'm waiting for a larger body of work to evaluate, but for right now I think he's good enough that the Bills would consider him and Alonso on the field at the same time next year. Wasn't he originally projected as the proverbial 'strong side 2-down thumper' this summer? At the least he's getting a ton of experience playing almost 100% of the snaps I believe.

Week 1 - Bradham suspended, Brown 100% of the snaps in his place

Week 2 - Bradham back, but Rivers hurt and out, Brown 100%

Week 3 - Rivers out, Brown 100%

Week 4 - Rivers back, Brown rotated in/out in 1st half, Bradham hurt 1st play of 3rd quarter, Brown came in for him. Brown 75%

Week 5 - Bradham out, Brown 100%

Week 6 - Bradham questionable, Brown's snaps are going to take a hit if Bradham plays.

Trade Brown now.