Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fantasycurse42

Ronnie Hillman, Denver 1/3 STARTING RB

Actually rooting for Hillman right now - so I can get Thompson off the wire on the cheap

You should go ahead and grab every other 3rd string RB who plays behind a guy averaging 6.0 YPC. Let us know how that works out for you.

Actually rooting for Hillman right now - so I can get Thompson off the wire on the cheap

You should go ahead and grab every other 3rd string RB who plays behind a guy averaging 6.0 YPC. Let us know how that works out for you

You don't know football. Somebody avg 6 yrds a carry should be a great day. Hillman's been okay at best.

You should go ahead and grab every other 3rd string RB who plays behind a guy averaging 6.0 YPC. Let us know how that works out for you

You don't know football. Somebody avg 6 yrds a carry should be a great day. Hillman's been okay at best.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Anderson sighting? I missed that if there was one. Idk what happened between him averaging 5 yards a carry the first three weeks and then being inactive and third string all of a sudden.

Weird.

I thought he lined up in the backfield once and ran a route - but it could be somebody else.

Spoken like a guy who "knows football".

Very strange. He had his helmet on while on the sidelines on every offensive play like he was gonna get some run. But i only saw him on the field for the one play and that was a 3rd and long. Guess its back to the drawing board.....

- R.Hillman right end to NYJ 25 for 1 yard

- R.Hillman left tackle to DEN 25 for 2 yards

+ R.Hillman right end to DEN 32 for 12 yards

- R.Hillman left end to DEN 32 for no gain

- R.Hillman left tackle to DEN 35 for 3 yards

- R.Hillman right guard to DEN 20 for 3 yards

+ R.Hillman right tackle to DEN 13 for 10 yards

- R.Hillman up the middle to NYJ 42 for 1 yard

+ R.Hillman up the middle to NYJ 17 for 11 yards

+ R.Hillman up the middle to NYJ 6 for 4 yards

- R.Hillman right tackle to NYJ 3 for 3 yards

- R.Hillman right guard to DEN 33 for 2 yards

- R.Hillman up the middle to NYJ 33 for 26 yards (S.Richardson). FUMBLES

+ R.Hillman right tackle to DEN 23 for 8 yards

+ R.Hillman up the middle to DEN 27 for 4 yards

- R.Hillman up the middle to DEN 17 for no gain

- R.Hillman right tackle to DEN 19 for 2 yards

+ R.Hillman right tackle to DEN 23 for 4 yards

- R.Hillman up the middle to DEN 6 for 3 yards

- R.Hillman up the middle to DEN 15 for no gain
-
R.Hillman right guard to DEN 33 for 2 yards

- R.Hillman left end to DEN 46 for no gain

- R.Hillman right guard to NYJ 47 for -3 yards

7 of 23 carries over 4 yards

but he did have several long runs to boost the average

Very strange. He had his helmet on while on the sidelines on every offensive play like he was gonna get some run. But i only saw him on the field for the one play and that was a 3rd and long. Guess its back to the drawing board.....

You were saying Retukes?

ETA :lmao:

That's kind of how a 100 yards rushing game often shakes out.

Agree that it takes some long runs - I disagree that 2/3rd of the runs being poor is how it's done

First drive:

+ Hillman got carry

- Went down easy for no gain

Advantage Anderson or Thompson and they weren't on the field

2nd drive 2nd carry

Hillman ran hard to get 2 yards

Advantage Anderson & Thompson

good stuff here.

Agree that it takes some long runs - I disagree that 2/3rd of the runs being poor is how it's done

100 yards on 24 carries is a solid day by anyone's accounting.

You don't know anything about football.

It wasnt a pretty rushing effort. Seems later in the game(after the second half started) they began to mix in Thompson. Hillman didnt look very good to me. But it was one of those games where they needed to run it and run some more. I think the offense looked a little out of sync because they were having trouble running early.

In pregame when the offense was warming up, Peyton ran a few plays passing to RBs. Hillman was the only one he warmed up with. I think CJ is no more than a long shot at this point.

:kicksrock:

The numbers are good for fantasy. Not so great in real life. A lot of bad runs against 3 and 4 man fronts.

IMO he held on to the job for another week but has left the door wide open for somebody else to come in.

Keep holding him - it may work out. But if you are counting on him, you should look to add Thompson.

People in here with sour grapes because they overlooked the scatback-sized RB who got 100 yards in 20+ carries. Please keep taking CJ off the wire while I cash in on Hillman. $$$.

Thanks for stalking - how about you add something constructive.

Or you can admit you don;t know anything about football.

Lammey is utterly useless when it comes to Broncos RBs. this is 2 straight years he has botched it completely

Thanks for the expert info, Audible. Might as well listen to the fantasy focus and Matthew berry from now on... At least he can see the obvious calls in front of his face without making things overly complex.

The smart money was always on Hillman. Unfortunately, I let FBG convince me into making the FAIL move.

Thanks for the expert info, Audible. Might as well listen to the fantasy focus and Matthew berry from now on... At least he can see the obvious calls in front of his face without making things overly complex.

The smart money was always on Hillman. Unfortunately, I let FBG convince me into making the FAIL move.

It's only the fail move if 1) you passed on Hillman to pick up Anderson, you picked up Anderson over somebody better, or you cut somebody of value.

For me, the move didn't work out - but it was a gamble from the jump

These boards are becoming utterly useless thanks to posters like the ones found in this thread.

These boards are becoming utterly useless thanks to posters like the ones found in this thread.

How you doin?

Soo.... Hillman

Sad thing is...it always was. People just see the small sub-6', sub-200lb. guy, and automatically discredit him.

Granted, he's had fumbling problems and coughed one up today, but he has more value than people are giving him credit for...clearly by reading this thread.

The numbers are good for fantasy. Not so great in real life. A lot of bad runs against 3 and 4 man fronts.

IMO he held on to the job for another week but has left the door wide open for somebody else to come in.

Keep holding him - it may work out. But if you are counting on him, you should look to add Thompson.

The first 100-yard rusher the Broncos have had all season and you're saying he did not do good in "real" football and the door is "wide open" for replacement. OK.

:lmao:

Hillman took over last week. He was named the starter. Peyton called him out by name and said they were counting on him.

What did people think here? He was entrenched enough to get the bulk, including closing out the game, after fumbling.

Entrenched as the starter. I'd expect the others to get a few, with Hillman closer to 15-18 in the next few games, but he's the man.

Gonna be funny when Ball comes back...bc he will take back over, but we will have to go through this whole process again. There is a reason he won the job to start the year.

The right answer is in your face guys, stop looking elsewhere.

Started Shankey over Hillman cost me 10 points.

Matchup driven decision.

At least I have Hillman as the clear starter now going forward.

The first 100-yard rusher the Broncos have had all season and you're saying he did not do good in "real" football and the door is "wide open" for replacement. OK.

plus the jets are actually decent against the run

Are you going by the box score or did you watch the game? I watched and saw almost every carry.

Someone is being very un-dude in here.

It's Hillman job accept it and move on.

I thought Thompson looked the best, and I have Hillman on my team. :shrug:

YMMV

Lammey is utterly useless when it comes to Broncos RBs. this is 2 straight years he has botched it completely

This.

I am with the guy who said ... From this point forward, he is doing the opposite of what Lammey recommends.

As a total aside, over the last 2-3 years he has been wrong a great deal on his RB scouting Imho (I.e., Trent is great! Le'Veon Bell is just a guy, Hillmans the guy (2012)! Hillman is not the guy (2014)). Geesh. Brutal.

Maybe we should take a step back and consider our sources. Despite his attempts at persuading everyone otherwise, Lammy's a local sports radio personality that like every other local sports reporter is just that. A Reporter. They report on what they see and hear. If they were so proficient as to get all kinds of insider, fantasy useful gossip and dish it out every day on the radio for all the world (and NFL team scout) to hear, do you think the Broncos (or who ever) would let them anywhere near a practice or confide about who their 'guy is' ?

If they really were really proficient at "Scouting" do you think they'd be working for FBG or Rotoworld or ESPN? They make educated guesses, same as any of us. Their guesses are more educated than most of ours, so we pay FBG $30 for access to those guesses.

I'm sure someone tracks who the best guessers are and I'd wager FBG is probably as good as anyone's, but I'd also wager that the very best of the best is not that much better than the rest and if they were, they certainly wouldn't charge thirty bucks to spoon feed us their uber accurate info.

At least I have Hillman as the clear starter now going forward.

Until Ball comes back.

Yea, bc Trent 2014 was so dominant. I say this as a Ball owner, FYI.

Are you going by the box score or did you watch the game? I watched and saw almost every carry.

:lmao: I saw every carry too. Including the good ones you mysteriously neglected to post about.

Maybe we should take a step back and consider our sources. Despite his attempts at persuading everyone otherwise, Lammy's a local sports radio personality that like every other local sports reporter is just that. A Reporter. They report on what they see and hear. If they were so proficient as to get all kinds of insider, fantasy useful gossip and dish it out every day on the radio for all the world (and NFL team scout) to hear, do you think the Broncos (or who ever) would let them anywhere near a practice or confide about who their 'guy is' ?

If they really were really proficient at "Scouting" do you think they'd be working for FBG or Rotoworld or ESPN? They make educated guesses, same as any of us. Their guesses are more educated than most of ours, so we pay FBG $30 for access to those guesses.

I'm sure someone tracks who the best guessers are and I'd wager FBG is probably as good as anyone's, but I'd also wager that the very best of the best is not that much better than the rest and if they were, they certainly wouldn't charge thirty bucks to spoon feed us their uber accurate info.

Perhaps in Denver, but the hat he wears here at footballguys is as a talent evaluator and expert fantasy analyst. So, perhaps he is a great Denver reporter, and just a horse"shut your mouth" footballguys RB evaluator.

Someone is being very un-dude in here.

It's Hillman job accept it and move on.

I am not sure what people are reading, I don't dispute it's his job - for at least another week. But there are enough bad carries in there to be concerned that somebody like Thompson may be called upon to do more.

The irony with Lammey is that he pimped Hillman hard in his first couple of years, then after he disappointed, Hillman was trashed by Lammey almost as much as Moreno...and now we're here and he's still driving the CJ Anderson express.

So, is C.J. Anderson a first-ballot HOFer?

I think he'll get in but not first-ballot.