What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Patriots Drive for the Lombardi - 2014 Edition (1 Viewer)

Finless

Footballguy
I'd say after drubbing the best team in the NFL - The Drive is alive.

After the despair they felt last Monday I don't think Brady ever wants to lose a game again.

After the despair they felt last Monday I don't think Brady ever wants to lose a game again.
I would think that losing the last two Superbowls...both to Eli Manning and the Giants...would rank ahead of losing a random regular season non-divisional game in week 4.

Or any of the multiple recent playoff losses, perhaps.

I would think that losing the last two Superbowls...both to Eli Manning and the Giants...would rank ahead of losing a random regular season non-divisional game in week 4.

Or any of the multiple recent playoff losses, perhaps.
Yeah I agree but what does that have to do with 2014?

They won't win on the road in the playoffs, not with that offense and they will have to play on the road. They still don't have any WRs and that OL is still bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
They won't win on the road in the playoffs, not with that offense and they will have to play on the road. They still don't have any WRs and that OL is still bad.
Yeah, but didn't you see that huge game they just won at home in early October?

The OL talent isn't the issue, they have plenty of capable guys.

Will Brady be able to keep them on an emotional high this season? That will make or break their season.

Yeah, but didn't you see that huge game they just won at home in early October?
When is the last time the Raiders won a big game in any month?
My mistake. I thought this was a thread about the Patriots' imminent Super Bowl run.

They can be dangerous IF Wright continues to channel #3418907 (Aaron Hernandez). I doubt that happens.

Week 5 was more a dying spasm than anything else.

They're done. They'll be competitive but they've lost the fear factor.

Theyre mediocre at best
Because a mediocre team always blows out "the most complete team in the league". This Patriots team has essentially the same offense as last year, the exception being Wright and the loss of Mankins..who was terrible last year anyways. That offense last year was top 3 in scoring..and they now have a better defense thanks to Revis and Browner. Be jealous all you want, but this team is anything but mediocre. The real challenge will come in the next 2 months with games against Denver, SD, and GB. Keep downplaying them all you want, but they're still a legit threat.

Theyre mediocre at best
Because a mediocre team always blows out "the most complete team in the league". This Patriots team has essentially the same offense as last year, the exception being Wright and the loss of Mankins..who was terrible last year anyways. That offense last year was top 3 in scoring..and they now have a better defense thanks to Revis and Browner. Be jealous all you want, but this team is anything but mediocre. The real challenge will come in the next 2 months with games against Denver, SD, and GB. Keep downplaying them all you want, but they're still a legit threat.
:yawn:

I would have thought that people would have learned by now that how teams play in September and October really doesn't matter that much. In fact, teams could have terrible months and still win the SB.

2012: BAL lost 4 of their last 5 regular season games

2011: NYG were 7-7 at one point, including 2 losses to 5-11 WAS

2010: GB were 8-6 and needed to hit the lottery to even qualify for the playoffs after a woeful 3 points scored against 6-10 DET

While the Pats haven't looked great so far, we are still months and months away from the playoffs. They certainly could right the ship. As could many other teams. Too early to proclaim anyone out of it or SB champs.

Can we just change the title of this thread or the Brady thread to Pats haters jaw about the 2014 season?

Bengals were touted as one of the best teams in the league at the same time saying that the Pats were done, end of a dynasty, Brady and Belichick have stretched it too thin and have finally broken. What happened was exactly what I said would happen. Any kind of traction at all on the Oline and this team is an instant contender, and the haters will retreat back into calling the Bengals a middling team.

Brady is passed his peak, I can't say the same for BB. That being said, this team as a whole is good enough to beat the top contenders in the league. People love to point out the Pats defense in the superbowl era, this current defense is better - of that I'm certain.

Theyre mediocre at best
they play that game in Cincy, the Bengals win by 10, easy. the Patriots were in primetime, at home coming off an all time bad beat down.so, they 'responded'.its one game.they're not winning in GB,won't beat Denver, Miami, SD, and will lose one to the Jets like they always do..and/or will probably lose one to Bills as well..They're a 9-7 team, nothing more...maybe a wildcard or division winner, but they're not going anywhere..they're much worse than last year, and that team got KILLED , embarrassed in Denver.. still , in 3 of their last 6 games they've been badly beaten down..they barely won against one of the league's two/three worst teams - Raiders.so enjoy it while it lasts..because you KNOW the yearly Gronk injury is only around the corner..just wait.it'll happen again!

2010: GB were 8-6 and needed to hit the lottery to even qualify for the playoffs after a woeful 3 points scored against 6-10 DET
In a game where Rodgers threw 11 passes.

I mean, they were really good, they lost two early OT games but had gotten three head coaches fired in-season by this point.

PS. Patriots suck since I guess that's what this thread is about.

Okay they absolutely destroyed Buffalo. Brady had a huge day. Gronk is rolling along. What can go wrong now?

Okay they absolutely destroyed Buffalo. Brady had a huge day. Gronk is rolling along. What can go wrong now?
You lose your starting RB and MLB for the season?
Lost Mayo last year same week, Ridley was second fiddle behind Blount. Running game will struggle through the transition and even though losing Mayo is huge, our defense is much improved - even though theyre thin at LB, the guys we have are pretty great.

You lose your starting RB and MLB for the season?
Lost Mayo last year same week, Ridley was second fiddle behind Blount.
And how did last season turn out?
First round bye, lost in the AFC championship game. They also beat the broncos in the regular season last year before losing gronk again.

This team certainly looks ready to rip right through the playoffs.
It's Week 7 and they lost their defensive leader last week amid a bunch of other injuries and have played the last 3 games on short weeks. A win is a win, and the offense has been slowly getting better. This team is just getting started. As long as the offense performs they can go toe to toe with any other team in the league. Broncos game in 2 weeks will be interesting to say the least.

Four tough games coming up - @Colts, Lions, @Packers, @Chargers - followed by Dolphins, @Jets, Bills.

The Jets are the only team they face that doesn't have a winning record.

2-2 this year against teams with winning records.

14-2. No big deal.
Wait I thought this was the Patriots thread? Or did we switch to the Cardinals?

By the way will the 10-6 Patriots make the playoffs? Oh forgot the 10-6 Dolphins will have the tie-breaker after beating them 2 times.....

:toilet:

hahaha, it will be interesting

I thought this dude was a miami fan starting some kind of sarcastic jinx thread, but maybe he was onto something

WE'RE ON TO INDY!!

Lol Johnny boy is such a salty Pats hater. Hope he enjoyed watching the GOAT and Butler win it all for the Pats :)

Users who are viewing this thread