What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who is Taylor Gabriel? (1 Viewer)

I can't watch the game. But obviously game flow and atlantas early dominance not gonna be good for a solid day.

Thought he'd at least have a solid floor and targets.

I really wasn't trying to reverse jinx there, but it seemed to work.

Figured Atlanta would go run run run to start playing the clock.

BOOM! Just like that Gabriel most likely wins me my playoff game ?. Playing him and Teyreek Hill this week was risky but nice to know sometimes the risks are worth it. 

Gameflow looked like it might screw him but he just makes big plays 

Great game last week!  So where do we see him this week, with or without Julio?  San Francisco coming to town will likely be a bloodbath, so I'm a little worried about pass volume if the game gets out of hand.  But he's had good to outstanding games in 5 of the last 6 weeks... it's going to be hard to put him on the bench. 

Great game last week!  So where do we see him this week, with or without Julio?  San Francisco coming to town will likely be a bloodbath, so I'm a little worried about pass volume if the game gets out of hand.  But he's had good to outstanding games in 5 of the last 6 weeks... it's going to be hard to put him on the bench. 
Agree with everything you said, and I think he becomes that much more attractive if Julio and Sanu are still out against a sieve-like 49er D.

But I lean towards other options that may not be as boom/bust. Still deciding -- would be hard to leave a similar performance as Gabriel had last week on the bench.

Ghoti said:
I'm still riding him.  The Falcons may opt to keep Julio out since he won't be needed to beat the Niners.  Turf toe tends to be a one-to-four week painful injury, so Jones is going to be challenged from a pain tolerance standpoint.   Atlanta has divisional matchups with the Panthers and Saints in Week 16/17.  

Gabriel's been a Top 10 Fantasy WR since Week 8; ride him if you got him.   

I wouldn't start Gabriel this week...Atlanta will be running the ball most of the game once they get a big lead. San Fran has given up on the season. Ryan won't be throwing much in this game...and if Gabriel gets his 5 targets,you have to hope he gets lucky and scores again. I wouldn't trust starting Gabriel in the play-offs this week.

Don't really have much option but to start him again, but I am concerned. Ryan didn't really let up last week though, I don't think the Gabriel bomb occurred until they were already up by 20 odd points, but I might be wrong.

I wouldn't start Gabriel this week...Atlanta will be running the ball most of the game once they get a big lead. San Fran has given up on the season. Ryan won't be throwing much in this game...and if Gabriel gets his 5 targets,you have to hope he gets lucky and scores again. I wouldn't trust starting Gabriel in the play-offs this week.
Not necessarily.  

That 64-yard TD bomb to Gabriel occurred in the 3rd quarter when Atlanta was already up 21-0.    

Excellent late season surge from all of you. He is peaking at the right time...top 10 since Week 8, no jinx but that is compelling.
Reminds me a bit of Baldwin's run from late last year.  Folks kept wondering if it was a fluke or if he could keep it up yet he kept scoring.  Maybe Gabriel is this year's Baldwin and keeps on scoring.  Julio and Sanu's injuries certainly provide that opportunity.  

No love for Gabriel in the early rankings on this site.  We'll see if that changes during the week.  Sanu was back at practice, but no Julio.

Gabriel has been awesome for our team. And he seem to be Matt Ryans favorite targets. Happy to see him doing great after Browns snubbed him... 

No Julio at practice again on Thursday.  Right now, Dodds has Gabriel ranked around WR40 in my scoring system, along with the Brandon LaFell's and Cameron Meredith's of the league...

No Julio at practice again on Thursday.  Right now, Dodds has Gabriel ranked around WR40 in my scoring system, along with the Brandon LaFell's and Cameron Meredith's of the league...
Right in accordance with his spreadsheet... these guys don't make adjustments come on

I picked up Gabriel defensively as I play Julio this week. I may just release him tomorrow so he's unable to be played this week but I am not so sure. I may actually want to play him. The problem is I have 3 pretty solid WRs ready to go : DT, Diggs, OBJ. Gabriel's a gamble for me. However, I can definitely see scenario that he would be a great play this week

I selfishly wish Julio to be active but that's it, just active. Maybe run 3 routes or so. Then my opponent would have to play him and get a big fat zero. Muhahaha

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up Gabriel defensively as I play Julio this week. I may just release him tomorrow so he's unable to be played this week but I am not so sure. I may actually want to play him. The problem is I have 3 pretty solid WRs ready to go : DT, Diggs, OBJ. Gabriel's a gamble for me. However, I can definitely see scenario that he would be a great play this week

I selfishly wish Julio to be active but that's it, just active. Maybe run 3 routes or so. Then my opponent would have to play him and get a big fat zero. Muhahaha
In better leagues this would't be allowed and not saying you cant exploit the rules, but maybe you want to make your league better? 

In better leagues this would't be allowed and not saying you cant exploit the rules, but maybe you want to make your league better? 
Better is in the eye of the beholder. I think it makes it more interesting but I think there should be a price for it so I would want the league to charge a price for free agent acquisitions. Churning should be legal but not free. 

Here's a situation that pisses me off. I'm in a league where the championship is this week (10 team league). A guy not in the playoffs picked up Dixon yesterday. WTF is that all about? Guy not even in the playoffs is potentially impacting the championship. I typically expect people to act in their own self interest but that wasn't the case this time. 

Better is in the eye of the beholder. I think it makes it more interesting but I think there should be a price for it so I would want the league to charge a price for free agent acquisitions. Churning should be legal but not free. 

Here's a situation that pisses me off. I'm in a league where the championship is this week (10 team league). A guy not in the playoffs picked up Dixon yesterday. WTF is that all about? Guy not even in the playoffs is potentially impacting the championship. I typically expect people to act in their own self interest but that wasn't the case this time. 
Yesterday being Thursday, did waivers run Wednesday? Any keepers allowed next year?

Starting Gabriel with confidence this week regardless of Julio's status. We are talking the 9ers. A weather should be very accommodating. 

Blind bid runs Wednesdays and then it's open waivers till game time. Any drops are frozen until the next day. Not a keeper league. 
The teams in the championship had a chance at Dixon, but didn't make a move. The impact is likely small if at all. No toliet bowl or total points prize I would have stayed out of FA unless there was a grudge against someone in the championship. After the championship is over I would bring up a rule change if you feel strongly against the transaction.

Julio is officially out this week.  Sanu was taken off the injury report and will play.  I'm starting Gabriel over Diggs, Brandon Marshall, Jordan Matthews, and Malcolm Mitchell

Ghoti said:
Julio is officially out this week.  Sanu was taken off the injury report and will play.  I'm starting Gabriel over Diggs, Brandon Marshall, Jordan Matthews, and Malcolm Mitchell
thinking of benching diggs as well. either him or DT. 

Gabriel could be in for a huge game

the big problem is Sanu is playing, and Gabriel didn't get volume lastweek with both out. 

Diggs gets weekly volume at least

thinking of benching diggs as well. either him or DT. 

Gabriel could be in for a huge game

the big problem is Sanu is playing, and Gabriel didn't get volume lastweek with both out. 

Diggs gets weekly volume at least
Depends what you need. One could argue Diggs may have a higher floor (more targets, more yardage), but I think he has a way lower ceiling. In the past 6 Vikings games, Diggs hasn't sniffed the end zone (to be fair, he was hurt in one of those and didn't play). In the last 6 Falcons games, Gabriel has scored 5 times. Diggs may be the safer play, but Gabriel has actually been amazingly consistent.

Just like to remind the nitpickers and those clutching rosary beads in the stands...top 10 overall at WR since Week8.

No Jones makes him the most impactful WR on the roster and he can explode with just 5-6 targets, even 3-4 can be deadly. He is a perfect WR3 type this week. If you made it this far Gabriel is likely your final choice at WR vs maybe one or two on your roster. Don't overthink it. 

Just like to remind the nitpickers and those clutching rosary beads in the stands...top 10 overall at WR since Week8.

No Jones makes him the most impactful WR on the roster and he can explode with just 5-6 targets, even 3-4 can be deadly. He is a perfect WR3 type this week. If you made it this far Gabriel is likely your final choice at WR vs maybe one or two on your roster. Don't overthink it. 
Good stuff MoP.  Gabriel and either Cooper or Crabtree will be in the other slot for me.

Love his match up and think this could be his coming out party since he will be the best WR on the field..  

It is just hard to put hm in the lineup when I have been using Michael Thomas and Tyrel Williams all year to get this far.  I try to not let playoffs change they way I set my lineup but it's tough. 

I'm definitely starting. mostly because I need the upside since Ajayi stunk it up. 

I'm deciding between him and Diggs and Diggs may get volume but he hasn't scored more than 2 tds all season. Gabriel could very well do that today 

MoP - Is Gabriel a potential low end WR #1 / high end WR #2 this week? Mooch thinks ATL hangs a 40 burger on SF. Will ATL keep the petal to the metal. Do they leave Matty Ice in? Is it a Freeman / Coleman type of game? I think they all get their's? What do you think?

Seriously considering Gabriel over Tyreek Hill now without Julio.

ATL homers, I am assuming Gabriel is pretty fast, eh? Is he one of the top 10 fastest guys in the league? I always hedge on shorter WR's in the red zone, but others are high on Gabriel in the red zone now that Julio isn't the #1 option.

MoP - Is Gabriel a potential low end WR #1 / high end WR #2 this week? Mooch thinks ATL hangs a 40 burger on SF. Will ATL keep the petal to the metal. Do they leave Matty Ice in? Is it a Freeman / Coleman type of game? I think they all get their's? What do you think?

Seriously considering Gabriel over Tyreek Hill now without Julio.
I'm starting Gabriel in one of my 3 spots

I rolled Tate Moncrief Cobb for a good long while. Tate is the only one of the three I am using. Mitchell no good. 

WR1 Tate

WR2 Garçon...I'm not excited but Cousins is predicted to light it up.

WR3 Gabriel

My RBs are stacked with DJ, Zeke and Hyde today

With A.J. Green doubtful and Robby Anderson already played, my decision to start him is easy, although I am not as confident as most in here, but I am starting him. I wouldn't rank him a WR1/2, I think he jjust keeps hitting black on the roulette wheel for the past 6-7 weeks. I still see him as a WR3 with WR2 upside. With Julio out it makes sense to start him another week though.

ETA: I would be very happy to be proven wrong that this guy is a WR1 stud! :ptts:

Love Gabriel over the last few weeks, dropped him for Alshon thinking Julio and Sanu would be back.

Would rather have Gabriel than Alshon this weekend. He'll perform.

Starting Gabriel along side Hilton. Let's Go!!!

Starting Ryan too! Ryan to Gabriel stack. Oh, did I mention, we're also starting Coleman too! Chips all in on ATL putting up a 40 or 50 burger today!

Users who are viewing this thread