What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Merged Spygate thread (1 Viewer)

Exactly.  And it's so weird that it happened to be next week's opponent, right?  What an odd coincidence!

I'm sure the NFL doesn't want to bother with this and nothing will happen.  The Pats will keep winning close games and everyone will slobber over how they seem to be so competitive every year while other teams falter through peaks and valleys.  Beli, Brady and Kraft will be enshrined in the HOF, but cheating was a big part of their success and their accomplishments will be forever tarnished.

Do Your Job = The Patriot Way = Systemic Cheating   
That’s hilarious- the NFL doesn’t want to bother with this. Yeah because the NFL has not wanted to bother with things having to do with the Patriots. Some of you will just type whatever fits the narrative you want to see.

Godsbrother said:
These two quotes are not accurate:

Ray Lewis did not literally kill a guy

The DA determined there was insufficient evidence to show that a crime had even occurred.  Unless you were there you have no idea what happened.

I am not about to get involved in arguments over these two matters with people that weren't there but somehow know everything that happened so this will be my last post in this thread.  I just don't think that FBGs should allow these kinds of statements.  To me these are a lot more vile than "who's hottest" and "yoga pants".
Both comments were obviously flippant.  I never claimed to know anything about Ray Lewis killing a guy let alone everything.  My point (and Dr Dan's, which he clearly stated and was not added in your quote) was that the level of scrutiny nfl players and organizations are put under is vastly different now then it once was.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I put on my tinfoil hat, there is a legit reason they WOULD try to cheat and film the Bengals. 

Bill: “ Lets try to get away with this against Cincy. If we get caught we have deniability. If we don’t, we will use this going forward against our playoff opponents”

I've watched a lot of regular television broadcasts of NFL Football and I don't recall any that spent 8 plus straight minutes focused on the coaches giving out signals. :shrug:  

But I'm sure looking forward the episode of "Do Your Job" where it's included.
FWIW - Chances are you won't see 8 straight minutes. If they recorded the whole game it would probably only yield a couple minutes at most of usable footage.

FWIW - Chances are you won't see 8 straight minutes. If they recorded the whole game it would probably only yield a couple minutes at most of usable footage.
Hopefully there’s something because I can’t think of anything more entertaining in a documentary series about Bill Belichick than footage of Bengals Coaches “Doing Their Job”.

Question:

The advance scout himself ... wouldn't one of his duties be to keep an eye on the Bengals' sideline to look for any number of things? Hand signals, substitution patterns, other things that might help, etc.?

If "yes" ... than the video taken was likely intended to be a way for the advance scout to later go through the Bengals sideline goings-on a second and third time, and to be able to pause, fast forward, etc. That makes intuitive sense, even if nothing could ever be proven.

The "TV production is separate from football" line is risible. The contractor taking the video need not know the purpose of the footage. Just so long as people upstream know, any such footage can readily be shunted to whoever it's intended for.

They got caught cheating. Again.

A 13-10 game at halftime against the Bengals, they are fortunate they did cheat to ensure they won.

:tfp:

That footage looks b a d bad.  Pan and zoom?  Out to the huddle and back?  Wow

My guess on all this is Ernie Adams is banned for life from participating in the NFL at any level ala Pete Rose. 

Blows my mind that anyone is surprised by this.

Of course they came up with some new cute way to try and skirt the rules. 80% of the new rules enacted in the NFL in the past 15 years are in response to things New England did.
Anyone surprised by the Patriots cheating hasn’t been paying attention. If someone told this story and asked you to guess which team did it would there be anyone that didn’t guess Patriots right away?

Close game today.

Good thing we had all that sideline footage; definitely came in handy.

What's that you say?  Teams call in plays through helmets now and sideline footage is a complete non sequitor?

Nonsense!  Everyone knows the Patriots cheat.  Put a scarlet letter C on Belicheat's head and be done with it.  Why is this team allowed to dominate for two decades?  It's just not fair.

Close game today.

Good thing we had all that sideline footage; definitely came in handy.

What's that you say?  Teams call in plays through helmets now and sideline footage is a complete non sequitor?

Nonsense!  Everyone knows the Patriots cheat.  Put a scarlet letter C on Belicheat's head and be done with it.  Why is this team allowed to dominate for two decades?  It's just not fair.

Ah, the old "we didn't even NEED to do it" defense. A classic.

If you are cheating you already lost.

You woke up a loser and go to bed a loser. You arent competing to win a trophy or a title, you are just trying to cheat, not compete.

Faust said:
Unreal they would continue to do this in the face of the NFL after the Mangini/Jets revealed they do it, after deflategate, after the owner got caught in an illegal prostitution/potential human trafficking charges, one might think they would try to keep their nose clean...I'm not sure what Goodell can actually do but the NFL version of The Death Penalty in the NCAA needs to be well thought out. They should be stripped of an entire Draft for like 3 years, turn them into an expansion team and let them climb their way out of that. 

Pats fans need to sit this one out and realize they aren't the problem here and as painful as it is to see this unfold again, you can't be angry at NFL fans from other teams being outraged or even try to act like this is common in the NFL. That video was shocking to watch and props to Cinci and the NFL for releasing it, let the public make their minds up. 

Disgusting, just disgusting. I don't care if it gives them a .00000000001% advantage, it's outlawed in the NFL and the other 31 teams seem to get the message. 

The team that has been serially caught for cheating "accidentally" cheated is like a serial adulterer tripping and falling to accidentally have intercourse with a woman.

Anyone defending this nonsense should be ashamed of themselves.
If you read the story above and the evidence backs it up (meaning they have footage following the scout the entire week), I think "accident cheating" applies.  Especially if press credentials weren't obtained at any other NFL stadiums previously or obtained for future games.

The team that has been serially caught for cheating "accidentally" cheated is like a serial adulterer tripping and falling to accidentally have intercourse with a woman.

Anyone defending this nonsense should be ashamed of themselves.
Terry Bradshaw, Jimmy Johnson

Strahan on the other hand was one of the few that obviously thinks they are cheaters

WordSmiths coming out of the woods in every direction to play semantics.

The NFL and Cinci Security knew what they saw, he is employed by the Patriots and I don't care if BB and Kraft deny knowledge, they work for the Patriots and they cheated again, it's cut and dry, good job by Jay Glazer to push that video onto the air for everyone to watch. 

It doesn't matter if the "Clerk" is an intimate friend of the "Coach" or has lunch or dinner with him, none of that matters. I bet BB doesn't know this turkey very well but somebody under him that is in charge of this DOES KNOW and he was put there by BILL BELICHICK to "Do a Job", couldn't be a better title for a bogus film crew.  

Substitution patterns? Seriously? This info is far more easily obtained through the all 22 that gives game context, down and distance, etc...  This appears to be B Roll footage showing what a scout sees from that vantage point. 

Tempest in a teapot.

Unreal they would continue to do this in the face of the NFL after the Mangini/Jets revealed they do it, after deflategate, after the owner got caught in an illegal prostitution/potential human trafficking charges, one might think they would try to keep their nose clean...I'm not sure what Goodell can actually do but the NFL version of The Death Penalty in the NCAA needs to be well thought out. They should be stripped of an entire Draft for like 3 years, turn them into an expansion team and let them climb their way out of that. 
 Cheaters cheat, it doesn't matter if they get caught, they're going to keep doing it because it is who they are.  The NFL should come down hard but they won't 

WordSmiths coming out of the woods in every direction to play semantics.

The NFL and Cinci Security knew what they saw, he is employed by the Patriots and I don't care if BB and Kraft deny knowledge, they work for the Patriots and they cheated again, it's cut and dry, good job by Jay Glazer to push that video onto the air for everyone to watch. 

It doesn't matter if the "Clerk" is an intimate friend of the "Coach" or has lunch or dinner with him, none of that matters. I bet BB doesn't know this turkey very well but somebody under him that is in charge of this DOES KNOW and he was put there by BILL BELICHICK to "Do a Job", couldn't be a better title for a bogus film crew.  
The best part of the video is where the film crew member is basically trying to get Bengal's security to allow him to delete the footage as if it's a favor to the Bengals to do so and it's not deleting evidence.

Substitution patterns? Seriously? This info is far more easily obtained through the all 22 that gives game context, down and distance, etc...  This appears to be B Roll footage showing what a scout sees from that vantage point. 

Tempest in a teapot.
That is an awful lot of B roll.  Also, if they were righteous their reaction would have been much different.  Not denying and offering to delete and can't we forget the whole thing.  No, the righteous would have been, "we are authorized to be here, talk to ( whoever authorized presence), he will tell you. Yeah we will burn you a copy but this is ours, we were approved, and we need it for our production and we have a schedule, now go get (Person who authorized)."

This does not pass the smell test.    

If I was calling the game yesterday I would have commented on Stephon Gilmore jumping routes and getting INT's.  "Why its almost as if he knows their signals, like he was in their huddle!"

Tempest in a teapot.
In the grand scheme of things this is really no big deal - but the Patriots continue to try a push the limits in every way possible and that is a big deal. I really don't knw what the penalty should be nor do I really care but I do love watching Pat fans try time and time again to show us all "there's nothing to see here" instead of just admitting that their team cheats and they don't care.

Users who are viewing this thread