Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest xfantasyphoenix

DEs for Tackle Heavy Dynasty League

Guest xfantasyphoenix

Hi all!

I'm in a 12 team tackle heavy dynasty IDP league. I'm 0-6, and I need some help identifying some DEs out there on the waiver wire who have the potential to be good next year and beyond. What names should I be looking for?

Thanks!

Can you list who's on your waiver wire? (ie: the top 10-20 free agent DEs). Makes it easier.

Guys doing nothing now that may do something next year:

DE Kony Ealy. CAR - rookie, doubt Hardy is with the team next year, still stiff competition for him though

DE Stephon Tuitt, PIT - Kiesel can't go forever

DE Margus Hunt, CIN - going to get a shot eventually

DE Chris Long, STL - on IR, and STL will not be so inept at pass rush again next year, not a tackler though

Guest xfantasyphoenix

Can you list who's on your waiver wire? (ie: the top 10-20 free agent DEs). Makes it easier.

Guys doing nothing now that may do something next year:

DE Kony Ealy. CAR - rookie, doubt Hardy is with the team next year, still stiff competition for him though

DE Stephon Tuitt, PIT - Kiesel can't go forever

DE Margus Hunt, CIN - going to get a shot eventually

DE Chris Long, STL - on IR, and STL will not be so inept at pass rush again next year, not a tackler though

Here's the top FA DL players by points:

Jared Crick,

Derrick Morgan

Linval Joseph

Andre Branch
Domata Peko

Dwan Edwards

Charles Johnson

William Gholston

Stephen Paea

Mike Daniels

Justin Tuck

Mathias Kiwanuka

Jason Hatcher

Wallace Gilberry

Sammie Hill

onathan Massaquoi

Damon Harrison

Vince Wilfork

Jeremiah Ratliff

Ian Williams

Kawann Short

Haloti Ngata

Tom Johnson

Cory Redding

Ricky Jean Francois

Vinny Curry

Abry Jones

Pernell McPhee

Kamerion Wimbley

Sharrif Floyd

Michael Johnson

Mike Neal

Brandon Williams

C.J. Mosley

Roy Miller

Ray McDonald

Paul Soliai

Chris Baker

C.J. Wilson

Frank Kearse

Mario Addison

Malik Jackson

Chris Dwightstone Jones

Ropati Pitoitua

Nick Fairley

Allen Bailey

Derek Wolfe

Robert Ayers,

George Selvie

Datone Jones

Also available of interest:

William Gholston

Michael Johnson

Kareem Martin

Scott Crichton,

DeMarcus Lawrence

Some of the younger guys that stand out to me:

DeMarcus Lawrence, DAL - injured in the preseason, about to come off short term IR, has been practicing. High 2nd rd pick, Dallas is going to give him a shot, possibly as soon as week 9. #1 developmental prospect on this list.

Jonathan Massaquoi, ATL - actually a 3-4 OLB, snaps have picked up past 2 games and hes producing (4-0-1, 4-2-0). 3rd year.

Andre Branch. JAX - cooled off after a good start, which is to be expected as he comes off the bench to spell Clemons, Bryant now. That could change next year. Also in his 3rd year.

Michael Johnson, TB - up and down this year, has been productive in the past, and TB paid him a lot of money. Still only in his 6th year. Considering Clayborn's injury history, would much rather have Johnson.

Nick Fairley, DET - a DT. Detroit may not pay him but someone will (they declined his 5th yr option prior to the season). Playing up to his pedigree for the 1st time this year. In his 4th year, perhaps his stats will fare better out of Suh's shadow and in a different system.

Derrick Morgan, TEN - another 3-4 OLB. Decent tackle #s, but lower sacks than expected thus far (18-4-1). Numbers could improve with time under Horton. 5th year

I would keep Casey and Jordan over all of these guys, but cut Clayborn for any of them.

Guest xfantasyphoenix

Some of the younger guys that stand out to me:

DeMarcus Lawrence, DAL - injured in the preseason, about to come off short term IR, has been practicing. High 2nd rd pick, Dallas is going to give him a shot, possibly as soon as week 9. #1 developmental prospect on this list.

Jonathan Massaquoi, ATL - actually a 3-4 OLB, snaps have picked up past 2 games and hes producing (4-0-1, 4-2-0). 3rd year.

Andre Branch. JAX - cooled off after a good start, which is to be expected as he comes off the bench to spell Clemons, Bryant now. That could change next year. Also in his 3rd year.

Michael Johnson, TB - up and down this year, has been productive in the past, and TB paid him a lot of money. Still only in his 6th year. Considering Clayborn's injury history, would much rather have Johnson.

Nick Fairley, DET - a DT. Detroit may not pay him but someone will (they declined his 5th yr option prior to the season). Playing up to his pedigree for the 1st time this year. In his 4th year, perhaps his stats will fare better out of Suh's shadow and in a different system.

Derrick Morgan, TEN - another 3-4 OLB. Decent tackle #s, but lower sacks than expected thus far (18-4-1). Numbers could improve with time under Horton. 5th year

I would keep Casey and Jordan over all of these guys, but cut Clayborn for any of them.

This was some excellent analysis! I really appreciate the very detailed breakdown! Thanks so much!