What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Buy-Low candidates Week 7? (1 Viewer)

I think now is the time to try and get Megatron if you have the depth, and can keep your head above water through week 9 without him. I also think Colston is a good candidate for increased usage with Graham out possibly 2 more weeks.

Calvin for sure. News of him being out for 3 more weeks will panick owners that need wins.

Gordon- panicked owner needing wins

Keenan allen- I think people are ready to drop this guy, could get super cheap.

Percy- really hasn't had a great year. He is worry a flier if you can get him cheap.

I like Mark ingram a bit. He should be back this week, and with the Saints not looking like the Saints and Graham being out, I wouldn't be shocked if Ingram was the main cog in the offense after Brees. He was tearing up before he got hurt, and his injury wasn't a difficult one to come back from.

QBs aren't usually tough to acquire, but I like Romo as a cheap option. He's been playing great this year other than week 1, and with how Murray is playing, people are overlooking it. Dallas will likely begin to open it up a bit more, both to keep Murray from being crazy overworked, and because teams are terrified of Murray.

I'm not giving up on Keenan Allen. He looks the same watxhing him, but the targets aren't there. Floyd and Gates have a history of fading after good starts, and Royal is banged up. Not saying he'll be the borderline WR1 he was last year, but I don't think he's going to be Mike Williams/Michael Clayton either.

While it wouldn't be a true buy-low, I'd be trying to get Gronk before the huge games start. He's playing almost a full amount of snaps, and Brady looks back to normal. I fully expect Gronk to be the #1 TE going forward as long as he stays healthy.

I'm not giving up on Keenan Allen. He looks the same watching him, but the targets aren't there. Floyd and Gates have a history of fading after good starts, and Royal is banged up. Not saying he'll be the borderline WR1 he was last year, but I don't think he's going to be Mike Williams/Michael Clayton either.
Keenan leads the Chargers in targets through 6 weeks and is averaging 6.8 targets/game. Last year, he averaged 6.9 targets/game so I respectively disagree with your point. Not to say that he can't turn it around, but as of right now he is getting the targets he needs, he just isn't producing.

I'm willing to sell Roddy White but methinks not many in my league will view him as a "good" buy low candidate.

I'm not giving up on Keenan Allen. He looks the same watching him, but the targets aren't there. Floyd and Gates have a history of fading after good starts, and Royal is banged up. Not saying he'll be the borderline WR1 he was last year, but I don't think he's going to be Mike Williams/Michael Clayton either.
Keenan leads the Chargers in targets through 6 weeks and is averaging 6.8 targets/game. Last year, he averaged 6.9 targets/game so I respectively disagree with your point. Not to say that he can't turn it around, but as of right now he is getting the targets he needs, he just isn't producing.
You're absolutely right: the targets haven't changed at all. The touchdowns have. If you're willing to invest in Allen right now, you must believe that his TDs will begin to pour in suddenly. Considering he only has 3 receptions on 5 RZ targets, good for just 20% of the team's total RZ targets, I don't see him trending upward.

What is the consensus view on Hillman vs. Ball? Is the shark move to buy low on Ball, or has Hillman taken the lead back role?

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought Witten for a 5th round pick in a mixed draft on a keeper league. For as slow a start as he has had, he is still 10th in the NFL in targets amongst TEs. When the Cowboys really start scaling back Murray due to scheme or injury, there are few scenarios outside of a Witten injury where he won't see more targets. Escobar's struggles are note-worthy as is Randle's arrest.

I've got Witten as the #15 TE currently in PPR. For various reasons, I would expect him to jump guys like Donnell, Fleener, Dwayne Allen, Niles Paul and Owen Daniels without much trouble. It's not out of the question for him to sneak back into the top 6 again like he is every other year. Guys like Gates, Bennett and Walker all miss games (as do Gronk and Graham but I suspect he won't pass them unless they get a season-ender). Witten hasn't missed a game since 2003 and his YPC is still right in line with his career numbers (11.4 this year, 11.2 for his career).

Witten is definitely a buy-low if you need a TE.

I think now is the time to try and get Megatron if you have the depth, and can keep your head above water through week 9 without him. I also think Colston is a good candidate for increased usage with Graham out possibly 2 more weeks.
Damn. This has me thinking of trying to dump Lacy for Megatron.

Damn. This has me thinking of trying to dump Lacy for Megatron.
Hard to buy low with another buy low.
True but one is healthy and the other isn't. Might be worth a try

I'm willing to sell Roddy White but methinks not many in my league will view him as a "good" buy low candidate.
Depends on what you want for him really. The targets haven't been there lately. When they have this season, the efficiency hasn't. And Douglas hasn't been healthy. When he is, just another mouth to feed.

I'd be hard pressed to give more than this week's 'waiver wire type' WRs like Holmes (ascending with higher ceiling and past his bye). Not many are willing to bite the bullet with their 3rd/4th round fantasy pick (to deal him for someone like Holmes).

I am guessing that Doug Martin's value is as low as possible.
Until next week when it is lower again.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still holding him, but he has done nothing to convince me that he'll turn it around. Their OLine underperforming and TBB getting blown out surely doesn't help either.

Redraft

Calvin - only if you can afford the risk this is a high risk high reward

Julio - bad game, no scores in 3 weeks, and had soreness in his foot. There might be a panicked owner out there

AJ Green - same as Calvin, but with less risk

Russell Wilson - might get a panicked owner out there, because other quarterbacks did so well against the Cowboys.

Rashard Jennings - should only miss a couple more weeks, and the offense looked worse without him out there, the loss of Cruz could help his receiving too.

Lacy - this is risky too, but he has such a nice schedule the rest of the year except for the Bills, and Lions and the Lions are week 17.

Doug Martin/Rainey - I honestly have no idea who the play is here, but their schedule gets easier and they can't keep getting blown out like this and have to abandon the running game

Storm - He was on a carry limit, and even though he only gained 21 yards they are going to give him a couple more chances.

Jarius Wright - The Lions dominated the Vikings and Bridgewater will get better. Patterson has a hip injury and Bridgewater loves Wright

Dynasty

Spiller - can be had for peanuts right now, I don't see him back with the Bills next year. Could be Rashard Jennings next year.

Crowell - I know he had a good game, but this guy is a stud in the making.

Jerrick Mckinnon - He is going to be good

Carlos Hyde - This should be his backfield next year.

Allen Robinson - Bortles will get better, and this guy will be a PPR monster

Eric Ebron - rookie tight ends struggle, it is what they do.

Dwayne Allen - He is playing with Luck and he is Luck's favorite redzone guy.

Victor Cruz - This is a great flip, get him cheap now from a team that is contending and flip him next year when he has a good game or 2

Justin Blackmon - really cheap and I think he moves on from the Jags

Kenaan Allen - I think he will continue to struggle this year, but Gates isn't young and neither is Floyd or Royal

Ladrius Green - same as above

I am a concerned Megatron owner, sitting at 2-4. What kind of offers are other owners receiving and considering. Part of me says hold, other part know i cannot afford to hold.

I am a concerned Megatron owner, sitting at 2-4. What kind of offers are other owners receiving and considering. Part of me says hold, other part know i cannot afford to hold.
I just sent over an awesome offer of Gio and CPAT for CJ and Hyde (i get). Is that you Cary?

That is the million dollar question, I also have Megatron, but I am lucky enough to be 4 - 2. I am holding tight right now, but the temptation is great to trade him since the rest of my team is strong. Last week I sent an offer of Megatron and Hartline for Maclin, Edelman and a 2015 2nd and got a reject with no counter.

That is the million dollar question, I also have Megatron, but I am lucky enough to be 4 - 2. I am holding tight right now, but the temptation is great to trade him since the rest of my team is strong. Last week I sent an offer of Megatron and Hartline for Maclin, Edelman and a 2015 2nd and got a reject with no counter.
In dynasty? Wow, surprised that got rejected. Is Maclin really being valued that highly??

I sent an offer of Megatron/Stacy for Jordy, just as a tester and got the same response as you. At this point I am debating on just going down with the ship. Have Marshall/Sanders as WR 1/2... so we will see.

In dynasty? Wow, surprised that got rejected. Is Maclin really being valued that highly??
Yeah, in dynasty. I was surprised too. He was on our website when I sent the offer and I almost immediately lost my trade box. My heart sank for a minute because I thought he accepted that fast, and I panicked and sold too low.

I sent an offer of Megatron/Stacy for Jordy, just as a tester and got the same response as you. At this point I am debating on just going down with the ship. Have Marshall/Sanders as WR 1/2... so we will see.
lol this offer is insulting

Yeah, in dynasty. I was surprised too. He was on our website when I sent the offer and I almost immediately lost my trade box. My heart sank for a minute because I thought he accepted that fast, and I panicked and sold too low.
Honestly I really think you would have been selling really low. Especially at 4-2, you've bought yourself a little bit of breathing room to wait for Calvin to come back unless you get a really good offer. Don't get tunnel vision and focus too much on the right now.

Honestly I really think you would have been selling really low. Especially at 4-2, you've bought yourself a little bit of breathing room to wait for Calvin to come back unless you get a really good offer. Don't get tunnel vision and focus too much on the right now.
Yeah, I have calmed down this week, but it was tough after losing by 3 points and having Calvin putting up a dud, and Jennings getting hurt I was panicking. Not to mention I was a big underdog in my game and I thought I would be sitting at 3 - 3, but I won and have calmed down. I was looking to much at trying to win the division and get a bye, but in reality I am the second best team in the the divison and if I can get Calvin back in time for the playoffs that would be sweet having a healthy and fresh Calvin going against dbs that aren't as fresh. I am rambling and am sure to get a "keep us updated" The moral of the story is don't panic and if you can hold Calvin or trade for him do it, a fresh Calvin for the fantasy playoffs could be :moneybag:

Don't believe I asked your opinion lol. It was an offer to get the ball rolling... Like it or not, Megatron is still a top 3 WR when he returns.

Don't believe I asked your opinion lol. It was an offer to get the ball rolling... Like it or not, Megatron is still a top 3 WR when he returns.
yeah when healthy which hes not. Meanwhile jordy is a top 3 wr and is healthy. So again, its a horrible offer

yeah when healthy which hes not. Meanwhile jordy is a top 3 wr and is healthy. So again, its a horrible offer
You must be confusing this with the Assistant Coach forum... There is an easy to read directory just outside of this posting.

You must be confusing this with the Assistant Coach forum... There is an easy to read directory just outside of this posting.
says the guy who posted the trade in the first place

Seriously, who cares? The guy in the first quoted post asked for offers on Calvin. He gave him an offer that got rejected to help him gauge value.

I was offered a 2nd round rookie pick in separate offers by the same owner (likely 2.6-2.8 ish in16 teamer) for Keenan Allen and C.J Spiller.

I didn't think either was unreasonable understanding it was a buy low attempt but I turned both down.

Seriously, who cares? The guy in the first quoted post asked for offers on Calvin. He gave him an offer that got rejected to help him gauge value.
Thank you for understanding my purpose lol

And Shady gave his opinion of that offer which he is obviously entitled to on a public forum.

And Shady gave his opinion of that offer which he is obviously entitled to on a public forum.
No, seriously! Who cares?

What does everyone think of Marshall? Is he top5 ROS in .5 ppr?
Top 5 would be tough given the quality at the top of the position. Definitely a good bet to stay in the elite tier, although closer to the bottom. Best buy low window was last week, but you still might find someone looking to move him based on the competition for catches on the Bears.

Anyone making offers on Leveon Bell? Probably untouchable after week 3, but the lack of TDs might give the owner a moment of doubt. Harstad had a good stat in the Bell thread about RBs who start as well as Bell has but without the TDs averaging 7.5 TDs over the rest of the season. The skills are obviously there, I think the scoring will follow.

Garcon could be a target as well with RG3 coming back soon. Wont cost you too much and he's always peppered with targets with RG3.

Top 5 would be tough given the quality at the top of the position. Definitely a good bet to stay in the elite tier, although closer to the bottom. Best buy low window was last week, but you still might find someone looking to move him based on the competition for catches on the Bears.

Anyone making offers on Leveon Bell? Probably untouchable after week 3, but the lack of TDs might give the owner a moment of doubt. Harstad had a good stat in the Bell thread about RBs who start as well as Bell has but without the TDs averaging 7.5 TDs over the rest of the season. The skills are obviously there, I think the scoring will follow.
I was thinking of giving Andre Johnson plus some depth for him. The Marshall owner is 1-5...

I was thinking of giving Andre Johnson plus some depth for him. The Marshall owner is 1-5...
Trouble is Johnson has been shaky as well, so the depth would need to be someone good. Probably Ingram or Crowell, or Cutler if he's really hurting at QB.

Redraft 1 PPR: I just sent both of the following to a 1-5 owner in my league and the response I got is "Worst offers I've ever seen"

Give: E.Sanders. Get: Calvin

Give: E.Sanders, Gronk, Fitz Get: Calvin, Witten, AJ Green

I'm not sure what more an underachieving Calvin owner can expect than a WR1 that's past his bye in return :shrug:

Redraft 1 PPR: I just sent both of the following to a 1-5 owner in my league and the response I got is "Worst offers I've ever seen"

I'm not sure what more an underachieving Calvin owner can expect than a WR1 that's past his bye in return :shrug:
Those offers are terrible.

Sanders is solid offer. Calvin went for him in a PPR redraft I'm in in the past week.

I'd take Sanders/Gronk/Fitz if I were at the bottom of the league. Witten's been dropped in several redrafts I'm in. I'd take Gronk outright over Green ROS.

I just bought Witten for a 5th round pick in a mixed draft on a keeper league. For as slow a start as he has had, he is still 10th in the NFL in targets amongst TEs. When the Cowboys really start scaling back Murray due to scheme or injury, there are few scenarios outside of a Witten injury where he won't see more targets. Escobar's struggles are note-worthy as is Randle's arrest.

I've got Witten as the #15 TE currently in PPR. For various reasons, I would expect him to jump guys like Donnell, Fleener, Dwayne Allen, Niles Paul and Owen Daniels without much trouble. It's not out of the question for him to sneak back into the top 6 again like he is every other year. Guys like Gates, Bennett and Walker all miss games (as do Gronk and Graham but I suspect he won't pass them unless they get a season-ender). Witten hasn't missed a game since 2003 and his YPC is still right in line with his career numbers (11.4 this year, 11.2 for his career).

Witten is definitely a buy-low if you need a TE.
I've been struggling at TE all year so this has me intrigued. Would like to hear others thoughts on him. Can he rebound or should we expect more of the same?

Put me down for Garcon with RG3 likely returning next week.

The targets have dropped off significantly without Griffin under center. As soon as he returns, Garcon will see pass after pass again.

Users who are viewing this thread