What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Seahawks 'Wheels Coming Off the Bus' thread (2 Viewers)

For those that want the cliffs....

Seattle will win a three way (or more) tie for first place against all the eligible teams, but if its only Seattle and Dallas tied at the top Dallas would get top seed. Reason for this is the second tie-break after head to head is conference record. Of course this all assumes that Seattle and other tied teams at the moment win out.

I will admit here that I was wrong. However, the hawks should still not count their chickens yet. It is not like last year when they were dominating. They have had many close games over the last few weeks. They could lose the next two and not make the playoffs.

Meatwad Reloaded said:
I will admit here that I was wrong. However, the hawks should still not count their chickens yet. It is not like last year when they were dominating. They have had many close games over the last few weeks. They could lose the next two and not make the playoffs.
Please check out the last 4 regular season games of 2013 and check out the last 4 games that they just played. They are playing better than they played at the end of last season. Last year they went 2-2 down the stretch. This year they have won there last 4 games by atleast 2 scores.

Meatwad Reloaded said:
It is not like last year when they were dominating.
You couldn't possibly be this clueless, could you? Seattle dropped 2 of their last 4 in 2013 including a home loss to Zona.

On second thought, no need to answer that question.

Meatwad Reloaded said:
any protests coming up?

Meatwad Reloaded said:
No need for a confession. We can all read the standings.

I hope this team loses in the playoffs because my Steelers are going to the SuperBowl and I'm not sure they can beat the Seahawks :popcorn:

proninja said:
I hope this team loses in the playoffs because my Steelers are going to the SuperBowl and I'm not sure they can beat the Seahawks :popcorn:
I would welcome that rematch. :yes:
Oh hell yeah.
Best case scenario imo
There is no team that matches up well against Seattle right now. The AFC has a few solid teams but nobody that can really handle the Seahawks IMO. The only chance to take down the Seahawks will come from an NFC team (Packers or Cowboys).

proninja said:
I would welcome that rematch. :yes:
Oh hell yeah.
Best case scenario imo
There is no team that matches up well against Seattle right now. The AFC has a few solid teams but nobody that can really handle the Seahawks IMO. The only chance to take down the Seahawks will come from an NFC team (Packers or Cowboys).
I agree. But I really don't see Green Bay beating the Hawks in Seattle (or Green Bay for that matter). Capers won't be able to stop Wilson.

Trading Harvin was a panic move in my opinion. Management is not liking how this season is going so far, and they are looking a little jittery.

At 3-2, if the Hawks roll like everyone thinks they are going to, this thread will disappear into the night, but if the Rams pound them, as I am predicting, this thread can serve as a centerpiece of discussion on what not to do when trying to follow up a title.
This was a good prediction, no doubt.

Can anyone sum up what was learned in the subsequent 5 page discussion about what not to do when defending a championship?

Rooting for Dallas, although beating a team like Seattle at home twice in one year is a pretty tall task.

Hopefully they're up to it and get it done.

So if the Packers come into the vaunted Seattle house of horrors and lays the smack down, was I right?

I think so.

The reason being that the last time I saw a group of fans so full of themselves and cocky to the point where they were sure they were going to win a big game was in 2007. That was the year the Giants came into Lambau and beat the Packers for a trip to the Super Bowl. That was the end of Brett Favre's career in GB and was certainly one of the most deflating losses in franchise history.

So let's give it one more shot fellas....if the Hawks lose tomorrow, your fans' insolent and childlike arrogance will necessitate this thread living on for decades....THE WHEELS ARE A COMIN' OFF THE BUS!!!!! CAN YA FEEL ME?!?!?!?!

So if the Packers come into the vaunted Seattle house of horrors and lays the smack down, was I right?

I think so.

The reason being that the last time I saw a group of fans so full of themselves and cocky to the point where they were sure they were going to win a big game was in 2007. That was the year the Giants came into Lambau and beat the Packers for a trip to the Super Bowl. That was the end of Brett Favre's career in GB and was certainly one of the most deflating losses in franchise history.

So let's give it one more shot fellas....if the Hawks lose tomorrow, your fans' insolent and childlike arrogance will necessitate this thread living on for decades....THE WHEELS ARE A COMIN' OFF THE BUS!!!!! CAN YA FEEL ME?!?!?!?!
You got dropped a lot as a child, didn't you?

I just hope Meatwad shows up before the SuperBowl to say that if Seattle doesn't win, then he's still right. He seems to be our good luck charm.

I just hope Meatwad shows up before the SuperBowl to say that if Seattle doesn't win, then he's still right. He seems to be our good luck charm.
Its a weekly thing. You're okay until you lose, and then you just suck. The Ricky Bobby force is strong with this one.

Its a weekly thing. You're okay until you lose, and then you just suck. The Ricky Bobby force is strong with this one.
I'm beginning to wonder if we win the Superbowl but then lose in week 4 of next season, if he'll come back and say "I told you so!"

Sea is now 3-3, 0-1 in their division, 2 games back of first and the current 8 seed for the playoffs. Still very much in it because of the lack of divisional games played. It's an uphill battle at this point, though.
lolThey've already played Denver, San Diego, Green Bay and Dallas already. It all comes down to divisional games as they have five of six left, three at home. Plus they get the Raiders, Giants at home and their only remaining east coast game is at Philadelphia. Arizona has a brutal road schedule and the 49ers are smoke and mirrors. It's an uphill battle if you think those two teams are better than you, and they just aren't.
The hill has leveled off a bit.

Well, it looks as if that will not be an issue. They will not be making the playoffs. Watch heads explode this week when they lose to the Panthers to go to 3 - 4.
Hey now! Meatwad being Meatwad, worst FBG reputation going.
Up yours Doctor Dimwit!!!! :lol: :pickle: :clap: :obc:

The wheels are now off the bus!!!!!

Also, on a side note....I know I don't post enough quality material to be the best, I get that. To that end, it is my pleasure to accept your distinction of being 'the worst'. Thanks to you, I think I'll change my handle to 'Simply the Worst'.

Well, it looks as if that will not be an issue. They will not be making the playoffs. Watch heads explode this week when they lose to the Panthers to go to 3 - 4.
Hey now! Meatwad being Meatwad, worst FBG reputation going.
Up yours Doctor Dimwit!!!! :lol: :pickle: :clap: :obc:

The wheels are now off the bus!!!!!

Also, on a side note....I know I don't post enough quality material to be the best, I get that. To that end, it is my pleasure to accept your distinction of being 'the worst'. Thanks to you, I think I'll change my handle to 'Simply the Worst'.
They beat your team two weeks ago. If you didn't have a 70 IQ, you wouldn't have bumped this.

But you do, you do.

The tires were slashed tonight as opposed to the air being let out a little (pun intended).

That play call could send this team spiraling down the toilet. They have a few guys they have to pay big $ to and thus they will lose guys now on the OL and on defense.

Users who are viewing this thread