What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Seahawks 'Wheels Coming Off the Bus' thread (2 Viewers)

The tires were slashed tonight as opposed to the air being let out a little (pun intended).
Yeah, in a game they were 1 yard away from winning. Thanks meatwad remumbled.
Ahhhh poor Seahawk fans....your coach blew it.

Life goes on.
Ah poor Dolphins fan, maybe you'll make the playoffs again this decade.
Touche.
I am a Tannehill fan though. :thumbup:

Lynch just got paid. Is this another sign of a franchise making horrible decisions? Figured this was the place to ask as its the thread is the focal point of a team in serious decline.

Well, not that this game matters nearly as much but I'm glad the Packers get another shot at the Hawks. Should be a high scoring game.

Trading Harvin was a panic move in my opinion. Management is not liking how this season is going so far, and they are looking a little jittery.

At 3-2, if the Hawks roll like everyone thinks they are going to, this thread will disappear into the night, but if the Rams pound them, as I am predicting, this thread can serve as a centerpiece of discussion on what not to do when trying to follow up a title.
No chance of that. Don't think your ego would let it happen. If Seattle were to win it all this year you would certainly bump the thread the next season after they lost a game.

Well, it looks as if that will not be an issue. They will not be making the playoffs. Watch heads explode this week when they lose to the Panthers to go to 3 - 4.
Hey now! Meatwad being Meatwad, worst FBG reputation going.
Let's bring this one back for this week....
The Shark Pool is alive and well. Its demise it greatly exaggerated each new season. No, threads like this aren't killing the Shark Pool. That's a false argument. That said, it doesn't mean you're some sort of great contributor around here. I fully expect Meatwad to continuing being Meatwad.

Hooper31 said:
Trading Harvin was a panic move in my opinion. Management is not liking how this season is going so far, and they are looking a little jittery.

At 3-2, if the Hawks roll like everyone thinks they are going to, this thread will disappear into the night, but if the Rams pound them, as I am predicting, this thread can serve as a centerpiece of discussion on what not to do when trying to follow up a title.
No chance of that. Don't think your ego would let it happen. If Seattle were to win it all this year you would certainly bump the thread the next season after they lost a game.

Well, it looks as if that will not be an issue. They will not be making the playoffs. Watch heads explode this week when they lose to the Panthers to go to 3 - 4.
Hey now! Meatwad being Meatwad, worst FBG reputation going.
Let's bring this one back for this week....
The Shark Pool is alive and well. Its demise it greatly exaggerated each new season. No, threads like this aren't killing the Shark Pool. That's a false argument. That said, it doesn't mean you're some sort of great contributor around here. I fully expect Meatwad to continuing being Meatwad.
:lmao: Yes...I am the only person on board that talks a little trash here and there.....and threads like this ruin this 'awesome' forum. :lmao:

Let's be serious here though....the wheels are officially off the bus if the Hawks cannot beat a punchless Packer team who are missing two of their top three wrs and their starting rb.

0 - 2 with a division and a conference loss is not a great way to start....your future schedule looks pretty sweet, but when the wheels are off, they are off.

This very much alive, miracle play to save the game against what has been a very poor Detroit team.

Tonight did nothing but move my opinion down of Seattle, not sure they are still a playoff team at this point as luck can only get you so far. They need a drastic change to that offense or they possibly will miss the playoffs.

2x Cards, Bengals, Vikings, Rams, Steelers, Panthers, Cowboys if Romo is back, and possibly Ravens

That's a damn tough schedule the rest of the way.

TDorBust said:
This very much alive, miracle play to save the game against what has been a very poor Detroit team.

Tonight did nothing but move my opinion down of Seattle, not sure they are still a playoff team at this point as luck can only get you so far. They need a drastic change to that offense or they possibly will miss the playoffs.

2x Cards, Bengals, Vikings, Rams, Steelers, Panthers, Cowboys if Romo is back, and possibly Ravens

So they are going to drop in the coaches' rankings? ool

Panthers, Falcons, Packers are way ahead in the race for byes and I don't see Seattle winning on the road but a lot of things could change.

TDorBust said:

Romo can't come back before the Seattle game.

Hawks 2-0 with Kam back.

proninja said:
Pretty happy this got bumped. Does that mean we're going to get home field again?
Green Bay is close to where Wilson played college ball. Think that's as close as you'll get.

Green Bay started 1-2 the last 2 years and made it.

It's actually kind of funny how many bull#### calls Seattle gets. Doesn't matter. Enjoy the 25th pick in the 2016 draft.

It's actually kind of funny how many bull#### calls Seattle gets. Doesn't matter. Enjoy the 25th pick in the 2016 draft.
How about it. Every single call goes their way. They should be 1-3 and really struggling. Instead, they're 2-2 and you know that's going to go a long way to getting them into the playoffs.

BusterTBronco said:
BusterTBronco said:
The Seahawks are one blown call away from being a 1-4 football team.
Happy for you.
Hi ya Hooper31! How ya doin? :bye:
You're aiming your angst in the wrong direction. My emotional status doesn't hinge on the outcome of any NFL game. Yes, a lot of my friends think I'm part Vulcan. That said, glad you found you small slice joy again.

I still think its odd you were trying to convince others you were a Seattle homer. Why do that?

I see Rawls didn't do much. Did he play a lot of snaps? Did Marshawn come through the game ok?

Any chance Paul Richardson could help light a fire under this offense? He did last season. He was easily their most explosive receiver down the stretch.

Think they still win the division. Their schedule has been insane. Their two wins were against bad teams, but look at their 4 losses..... Rams (2-3), Panthers (5-0), Packers (6-0), Bengals (6-0)

Think they still win the division. Their schedule has been insane. Their two wins were against bad teams, but look at their 4 losses..... Rams (2-3), Panthers (5-0), Packers (6-0), Bengals (6-0)
Assuming the Cardinals stay some what healthy I expect them to be 11 - 5 this year and split with the Seahawks. I am seriously asking, do you expect the Seahawks to win the rest of their games?

Assuming the Cardinals stay some what healthy I expect them to be 11 - 5 this year and split with the Seahawks. I am seriously asking, do you expect the Seahawks to win the rest of their games?
Look I hate the Seahawks.. I just think it's crazy that their losses have pretty much all been to undefeated top teams. I think they can go 2-0 vs the cards, which means they only need to have the same record as arizona the rest of the season besides those two games, and the div is theirs.

I think they both end up 10-6

Look I hate the Seahawks.. I just think it's crazy that their losses have pretty much all been to undefeated top teams. I think they can go 2-0 vs the cards, which means they only need to have the same record as arizona the rest of the season besides those two games, and the div is theirs.

I don't really hold the Rams/Packers/Bengals losses against them at all. But the fact that they're lucky to not be 0-2 in these last two "backs vs. the wall" home games in which they've been relatively healthy...that's a pretty big red flag that their days as a contender are numbered; the prior year teams would've romped in those games. Though I'm not a huge Cardinals believer myself either.

I don't really hold the Rams/Packers/Bengals losses against them at all. But the fact that they're lucky to not be 0-2 in these last two "backs vs. the wall" home games in which they've been relatively healthy...that's a pretty big red flag that their days as a contender are numbered; the prior year teams would've romped in those games. Though I'm not a huge Cardinals believer myself either.
No it isn't. As long as the QB remains constant and they rebuild the troubled spots "the window" isn't closing for a long time. If they went 8-8 this year that doesn't mean they won't be a Super Bowl contender next year, that's nonsense. Steelers, Packers, and Giants are teams who have had some up and down years but generally remain contenders because of the QB and good franchise management.

Yep. Barring several career ending injuries, Seattle is a contender going into every season with Wilson under center. The all world secondary has at least another 2-3 seasons in the peak. Frank Clark looked great in the preseason - they may have gotten another steal in the draft.

let's not overlook the fact that their one "win" was against a horrible Lions team and was a gift from a referee that didn't know the rules.

let's not overlook the fact that their one "win" was against a horrible Lions team and was a gift from a referee that didn't know the rules.
That kind of reality check doesn't belong in this thread.Agree with Dr D that the window isn't closing......but it is shrinking. They are ponying up a lot of cash......that can't go on forever.

Defense is just off right now, zero chemistry which the team thrives on. Thomas is getting back to normal but Chancellor is not good right now. That holdout was so bad and completely pointless.

Team should still make the playoffs.

No it isn't. As long as the QB remains constant and they rebuild the troubled spots "the window" isn't closing for a long time. If they went 8-8 this year that doesn't mean they won't be a Super Bowl contender next year, that's nonsense. Steelers, Packers, and Giants are teams who have had some up and down years but generally remain contenders because of the QB and good franchise management.
You're right. "Days #'d" was a poor choice of words when I really meant this year.

The Giants (like the baseball Giants) haven't been much of a contender in non-title yrs though other than '08. GB always is when the QB is healthy but that guy isn't human.

They are ponying up a lot of cash......that can't go on forever.
Can you share the particulars of the salary cap moving forward? Or is this just a perception that the cap has to become a problem at some point?

I believe the reality is that the cap number is still going to sky rocket in the next few years making it easy for teams that want to spend to continue to do so. If I'm wrong about this feel free to point it out.

Can you share the particulars of the salary cap moving forward? Or is this just a perception that the cap has to become a problem at some point?

I believe the reality is that the cap number is still going to sky rocket in the next few years making it easy for teams that want to spend to continue to do so. If I'm wrong about this feel free to point it out.
Wel, the R. Wilson cap hit alone jumps from roughly 7M this year to 18M next year and up to 23M by 2019. Yeah the league cap may go up, but I doubt it keeps pace with Wilson alone.

As mentioned...Wilson's cap number goes up.

They have been good about creating space and all...but now we are seeing a few more holes than they have had in the past. And, you have Kam to deal with again in the offseason.

Have their core locked up for the most part which is good...and Shneider is great at working with such things. Just have to watch those big splash moves that have affected their cap negatively in the past couple years.

Wel, the R. Wilson cap hit alone jumps from roughly 7M this year to 18M next year and up to 23M by 2019.Yeah the league cap may go up, but I doubt it keeps pace with Wilson alone.
We have a Seattle fan that tracks this stuff to an insane level. His name is Davis Hsu. He tracks every salary in each future year in spread sheets. A quick google search of "Davis Hsu salary cap" will link you to tons of articles and interviews. I've been terribly impressed by how accurate his predictions have been about future cap numbers. If I remember correctly he expressed the idea that the number is going to continue to rise significantly and Wilson's cap number won't be a problem.

They've paid the young players they want to keep other than Irvin and Okung, but there's debate about what to do with Okung. The key (like it is for all franchises) is to continue to draft/find players that will contribute and not just rely on veterans to continue to perform at the same level. Thinking here is that Seattle hit paydirt this year with Lockett, Clark, and Rawls. They've all looked impressive in limited duty so far.

Users who are viewing this thread