What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Seahawks 'Wheels Coming Off the Bus' thread (2 Viewers)

Agreed. The best cure for cap issues or just staying under the cap is to draft well. Sea has done that. Can they continue to?

Still, the Wilson numbers have to be somewhat concerning. He is more than doubling his cap hit after this year and for several years. Assuming of course they don't restructure which would be odd so soon.

As pointed out before, we are seeing chinks in the armor with current play. The lack of a quality CB2 has been a big problem for the secondary. Also, signing Chancler is going to be difficult as we've already seen from this year. The oline has deteriorated and there are holes to plug.

BTW, E. Thomas is going to have a cap jump of over 2M next year, Wagner over 3M. In just these 3 guys you are looking at 16M more in cap space spend. I'm sure Sea has solutions to this I'm not able to think of, but at what point does the money worry you?

Think they still win the division. Their schedule has been insane. Their two wins were against bad teams, but look at their 4 losses..... Rams (2-3), Panthers (5-0), Packers (6-0), Bengals (6-0)
Assuming the Cardinals stay some what healthy I expect them to be 11 - 5 this year and split with the Seahawks. I am seriously asking, do you expect the Seahawks to win the rest of their games?
Look I hate the Seahawks.. I just think it's crazy that their losses have pretty much all been to undefeated top teams. I think they can go 2-0 vs the cards, which means they only need to have the same record as arizona the rest of the season besides those two games, and the div is theirs.

I think they both end up 10-6
After watching the Cards through 6 games 10-6 is probably about right. If the Hawks go 2-0 vs. Cards again this year they will take the division. Very disappointed in the Cards so far.

jurb26 said:
As pointed out before, we are seeing chinks in the armor with current play. The lack of a quality CB2 has been a big problem for the secondary. Also, signing Chancler is going to be difficult as we've already seen from this year. The oline has deteriorated and there are holes to plug.
I don't believe Chancellor will need to be resigned. I think his demands were centered on guaranteeing more years in his contract, not new money.

BTW, E. Thomas is going to have a cap jump of over 2M next year, Wagner over 3M. In just these 3 guys you are looking at 16M more in cap space spend. I'm sure Sea has solutions to this I'm not able to think of, but at what point does the money worry you?
Again, I'm not worried about the cap. Its going up, and up, and up. That said, I'm open to being educated. Do you have information that the cap isn't going up?

Here's a link from PFT (granted, not a very reliable source) that the cap could jump to $160 million next year up from $143 million this year.

jurb26 said:
I don't believe Chancellor will need to be resigned. I think his demands were centered on guaranteeing more years in his contract, not new money.
Again, I'm not worried about the cap. Its going up, and up, and up. That said, I'm open to being educated. Do you have information that the cap isn't going up?Here's a link from PFT (granted, not a very reliable source) that the cap could jump to $160 million next year up from $143 million this year.
The cap is going up. That's not in debate. The question is how much and moreover if the rise of Sea players is outpacing it. Most estimates have the cap going just north of 150M next year. The highest increase the NFL has ever seen was last year and it was just over 10M. I find it unlikely it will go up 17M in a given year. Again, just the 3 players I named are going to cost Sea 16M more next year. I'm not an expert on their situation or other players. Maybe that's no big deal. The big outlier seems to be again, Wilson. His increase is enormous by any standard. You might be right about Kam. After looking at it I think he might have been more pissed about making less this year than last year more than anything. Regardless, he will cost 1M more next year.

jurb26 said:
jurb26 said:
Again, I'm not worried about the cap. Its going up, and up, and up. That said, I'm open to being educated. Do you have information that the cap isn't going up?Here's a link from PFT (granted, not a very reliable source) that the cap could jump to $160 million next year up from $143 million this year.
The cap is going up. That's not in debate. The question is how much and moreover if the rise of Sea players is outpacing it. Most estimates have the cap going just north of 150M next year. The highest increase the NFL has ever seen was last year and it was just over 10M. I find it unlikely it will go up 17M in a given year. Again, just the 3 players I named are going to cost Sea 16M more next year. I'm not an expert on their situation or other players. Maybe that's no big deal. The big outlier seems to be again, Wilson. His increase is enormous by any standard.You might be right about Kam. After looking at it I think he might have been more pissed about making less this year than last year more than anything. Regardless, he will cost 1M more next year.
Wilson's increase is enormous because of what a bargain he was. Bottom line, teams with franchise QBs pay a lot for them. For years, that hasn't been true in Seattle (either they didn't have one or had Wilson and were paying him relatively little). Now they will be paying market value, which is to be expected.

Obviously, the team is well aware of the increasing cap numbers for these players you mentioned. They will deal with it. If the cap goes up enough, it may not hurt them. Or maybe they will move on from some vets and get cap relief in doing so (e.g., Rawls could replace Lynch, Clark could replace a more expensive veteran on the DL, etc.).

proninja said:
It's laughable that people think that it's a problem they found a great young qb that they're going to pay a going rate contract.

Every team with a good qb pays them somewhere in that neighborhood. Most don't have Wilson's resume.
It's laughable how badly you're missing the point.

they are really going to be in kangroo doo doo after this weekend when the autrian sensation jerryed haynes opens a can of fosters whoopas on them brohans take that to the bank

Do or die this Thursday! How will they respond?

San Fran will be pumped up and it looks as if they have at least stabilized themselves. They are still a bad team. so Seattle should put the beat down on them for sure, but....if they lose.....the wheels will OFFICIALLY be off the bus and this thread will live on into the annals of SharkPool immortality!

Just think. The Hawks are staring at 2 - 6, with 2 of those losses being division losses and 2 more being conference losses. If they lose this week, they have to travel to Jerryworld to face a possibly resurgent Cowboys team to take the lid completely off.

:popcorn:

Teams can unravel quickly. for an example one need look no further than the 49ers or the Ravens. I cannot, however, believe this will happen to the Seahawks as they are still fairly young and have some skill positions locked up at market rates or below. Still, they have never had W.R.'s, and they are among the easiest position to draft and they are not adequately addressing their offensive line.

This will be interesting to watch. I don't recall much strife challenge or turmoil during Carroll's reign. The players seem to have loved his message while they were ascendant. Will they still appreciate it under adversity, or will they drift to their own agendas?

Me, I have never been a believer in Carroll.

Defense seems is out of synch, last play of the game vs. Panthers was the season in a nutshell - half the defense was playing Cover 3 and the other half cover 2.

According to one local analyst, in the last couple years of dominant defense the Hawks have played +70% of their snaps in a cover 3 defense. So far this year they've played mostly cover 2 - presumably to make up for the poor play of Cary Williams. The secondary seems to be second guessing their assignments and making them look beatable - Sherman looked downright bad against GB, Chancellor was bad vs CIN - more than likely a little bit of rust, Thomas has at the very least been confused at times and Williams has for the most part been bad. However when Sherman shifted over to shadow AJ Green he looked like his old self.

I don't think they've faced very many tough offenses yet either - GB w/o Jordy and a hobbled Cobb, Rams, Lions, Panthers have no quality WRs - CIN is really the only upper tier offense they have faced to date. And they've been giving up yards and points to those teams - except the Lions, especially at crucial times - the 4th quarter. Ahead in 3 of their losses with less than a minute to go. Not sure if it's growing pains with a new DEF coordinator or what but the talent is their on the defensive side of the ball - I have to think they come together soon.

On offense, it's no secret that they have sub-par WRs that have a problem getting separation by their route running alone. This is a real problem when they've been trying to kill clock in the 4th quarter - they don't have those quick/short passes to compliment the run game to move the chains and eat clock. They run and then rely on scheme to free someone up 15- 20 yards down field and hope 1) the line gives wilson enough time and 2) that Wilson can buy time and improvise. Sometimes it works but it's not a way to have sustained drives. Graham can solve some of those issues but it doesn't seem like Wilson's strength to be able to hit that quick slant to the inside - not sure if it's a height issue or a WR separation issue. Whatever the case, I worry most about the offense.

I think they can go 8-2 over the rest of the season and finish 10-6 -(losses to PITT and ARI maybe? I think all of their road games are winnable), but I don't see them being able to get through 3 tough games in the playoffs - especially on the road) to get back to the SB unless they find some answers on the offensive side of the ball. However, a little momentum can go along way in the playoffs. As I already have Super Bowl tickets, I'm hoping this is the case :thumbup:

Someone had to say it boys.....................

So not only are the wheels coming off the Seahawks bus, but apparently they even come off the player's cars when they drag race too.

:pickle:

TZM

Car racing?!?!?! Really?

Maybe picking up the SanFran D might be a good call heading into Thursday night...
As poorly as this ended for you last year, I would find it amazing that you continue with this stupid shtick.

But Meatwad gonna Meatwad, and you're pretty much the bottom of any pool you try to swim in.

proninja said:
Bad season so far, but I'm not remotely concerned about the window closing.
Neither am I. They've had a lead in the 4th Q of every game this year, just haven't been able to finish.

BusterTBronco said:
4-5 record. Forget about the division title. Seahens probably won't even make the playoffs now.
Just for the record. Have you now gone back to just openly flaunting your disdain for all that is Seahawks as opposed to the elaborate rouse you were perpetuating on this message board?

Still one of the weirdest things I've witnessed around here.

So things are looking pretty grim at this point. Somebody needs to fired for the Jimmy Graham thing if for nothing else than totally ruining my fantasy season. If I can recover from this to win the title, it will be a miracle!

So things are looking pretty grim at this point. Somebody needs to fired for the Jimmy Graham thing if for nothing else than totally ruining my fantasy season. If I can recover from this to win the title, it will be a miracle!
Same here. I need both he and Calvin to go to greener pastures next year.

I think they underestimated the value of Unger while simultaneously adding a TE notorious for being a bad blocker. Defenses no longer have to respect the Hawks run game and can tee off almost every play. Even worse is that defenses are getting to Wilson with only rushing 4. I know some of the sacks are on Wilson for not getting the ball out quick enough, but he can barely even make it to his primary read on a 5/7 step drop, let alone go through his progression. Just no time.

BusterTBronco said:
Did ya see what Skittles agent wrote about Russell Wilson on twitter? If ya didn't then trust me, you don't wanna know!
This is an appropriate time to post a link or quote...

Obviously the offense is playing lights out right now - I really like the commitment to get the ball out quicker to WRs in underneath routes - it is opening up the deeper routes as the game progresses. We'll see what happens to the running game with Rawls out and Lynch at least a couple weeks away from returning.

I'm still not sold that their pass defense is fixed - or fixable. Thankfully, the only team that is built to expose this in the NFC is the Cardinals. I like how they matchup against Carolina. If Olson, Ginn and Funchess can beat them then so be it but they don't scare me as much as the Cardinals.

Unfortunately, I can see the Patriots or Bengals carving them up again if it comes to it in the Superbowl - not so much the Broncos.

I take back everything I said about the Hawks. Hopefully Doug Baldwin continues putting 25 points a week so I can stay in the playoffs!!!
This is not the response I was hoping for. I don't like it when you act rational. I much prefer you to be the overly emotional fanATIC. Please try to stay in character. TIA.

Wish I had bumped this thread earler in the week. I have a feeling that the usual suspects that embarrassed themselves over and over in this thread through the years would have slobbered all over themselves picking the Lambs. 

How about now? Can we get another update?

Bus looks like the same ole bus to me, but at some point these guys are going to get old on the defensive side of the ball. Earl Thomas plays with a reckless abandon at times that has to take a heavy toll on his body. Kam has looked different this year. He's made more plays defending the pass than I'm used to seeing, but not made as many huge hits in run support. Sherman looks like the same guy that QBs want nothing to do with. He'll give up something in front, but nothing over the top. Wagner and Wright are still a force in the middle. I dunno. Would it be a surprise to see them lead the NFL in fewest points again? 

Cliff Avril's NFL career may be over. The play he got injured on didn't look like it felt good or anything but crazy to think it may send him into retirement.

He's been great on the field and really good thoughtful interview, just seems like a great dude.

Cliff Avril's NFL career may be over. The play he got injured on didn't look like it felt good or anything but crazy to think it may send him into retirement.

He's been great on the field and really good thoughtful interview, just seems like a great dude.
I was also saddened to read this news today, it won't be the same with out him. :(

Ex Hawk Brandon Browner and OG LOB member arrested for drugs. The guy was a big part of the SB team (although he missed game due to suspension) then was a huge part of the play that kept them repeating the next year for the Pats. 

Cocaine is a helluva drug.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread was started three years too soon, but if Kam is done, wheels feel like they are coming off at any moment. ####. :kicksrock:

BusterTBronco said:
Da wheels is off and da bus is on fire!
And like clockwork here you are. Weird how a “Seattle fan” only posts when they play poorly. How bizarre is your psychology that you fake being a fan to make some sort of point? 

Wheels certainly off the wagon. Wonder how this ugly showing finishes up. Hope nobody else gets hurt. 

I get that Hawks fans are looking at this as the first of potentially a few dark years to come, especially with the ascending talent in other areas of the NFC West (Rams particularly), but like Alan Kay said, the best way to predict the future is to invent it.

This is a purposeful dismantlement of the D, and seems to be at the right time -- LoB is aging, and better to find the best market value for them now before another year of potential fading occurs.

Hawks have always been ready to move on from players just past prime to keep the future bright. They may not always hit on talent, and there will be seasons that will be hard, but better to have the hand firmly and proactively on your own wheel and driving that change instead of letting it happen to you.

Matt millen best draft pick

After having given it some consideration I've decided they probably should have handed off to Marshawn.
Or maybe the defense shouldn't have thrown up all over themselves in the 4th quarter.

Guys like Richard Sherman can go to their grave blaming that loss on the play call at the 1, but the LOB had a double digit 4th quarter lead and they blew it. That loss was all on them. 

Or maybe the defense shouldn't have thrown up all over themselves in the 4th quarter.

Guys like Richard Sherman can go to their grave blaming that loss on the play call at the 1, but the LOB had a double digit 4th quarter lead and they blew it. That loss was all on them. 
people forget than cliff avril got concussed and once their CB opposite of Sherman ( lang or lane) broke his arm intercepting Brady in the first half, that they pretty much picked on his replacement after that. still should of ran Wilson or lynch at the goalline.....throwing a slant was a terrible decision, in hindsight of course

A prediction four years in the making is finally coming to fruition!  

The negativity surrounding these guys is off the charts this year.  I predict they go 6 - 10 and the cupboard gets fully reorganized, including the front office.  After next week, when the Bears are done taking their frustrations out on them, it looks as if there some winnable games; but at this point they themselves are looking like a winnable game on everyone's schedule.

Users who are viewing this thread