Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
meatwad1

Official Seahawks 'Wheels Coming Off the Bus' thread

On 9/10/2018 at 4:14 PM, Meatwad Reloaded said:

A prediction four years in the making is finally coming to fruition!  

The negativity surrounding these guys is off the charts this year.  I predict they go 6 - 10 and the cupboard gets fully reorganized, including the front office.  After next week, when the Bears are done taking their frustrations out on them, it looks as if there some winnable games; but at this point they themselves are looking like a winnable game on everyone's schedule.

Can we get an update? Pretty sure they're like 95% to make the playoffs if they only beat Zona and SF in their last four games. 

Great rebound for this team. Pete Carroll is an amazing coach, plain and simple. The defense is too average for this team to be great but he’s made an offense with this squad that is well above average and Wilson is a top tier QB, perennial MVP type player. 

On 9/10/2018 at 4:14 PM, Meatwad Reloaded said:

A prediction four years in the making is finally coming to fruition!  

The negativity surrounding these guys is off the charts this year.  I predict they go 6 - 10 and the cupboard gets fully reorganized, including the front office.  After next week, when the Bears are done taking their frustrations out on them, it looks as if there some winnable games; but at this point they themselves are looking like a winnable game on everyone's schedule.

@Meatwad Reloaded

Need your insight here again. How many times have you been wrong in this thread? My impression is that you're a good dude and don't mind the ribbing. You've been wrong before and took it well. Eventually, those wheels will come off...

@Meatwad Reloaded

Please update thread title to Indefinite Seahawks discussion thread. Just too much gold here, Jerry. Wouldn't want to lose it. Needs to be preserved for the ages. 

Now 8-5 with two games that should be wins, but weirder things have happened. Pete Carroll in his best coaching effort ever. Can we all agree that Bradley, Quinn, Norton, and even Richard are just guys that got jobs based on what was really Carroll's defense?

• Like 1

Kinda funny that there are like 10 of us here and we are hated for no reason. 

What a great season, love what is going on now.  They have losses @Bears, @Broncos, @Rams and home losses to Chargers and Rams.  They would have won three of those games, and were in every single one.  

Pete Carroll is not the most respected coach but he's got these guys playing terrific in transition.  Run the ball, play solid D, lean on Russell when it's appropriate.  Say what you like but the recipe is here, they are a few parts away from being elite again.  And I think they can beat anyone, on any given Sunday.  :banned:@Hooper31 @seahawk 17 @The General

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Really happy for Carroll. Great dude and proving yet again he’s a top coach in this league. I’m as surprised as the rest of you, was expecting a fairly brutal season. 

Don’t see them going to into NO and winning and Rams in LA is a bad matchup but anything else seems plausible. Great season, got something going again. Need to hit on the draft and then bam...back to Super Bowl.

On 12/12/2018 at 12:43 AM, Doctor Detroit said:

What a great season, love what is going on now.  They have losses @Bears, @Broncos, @Rams and home losses to Chargers and Rams.  They would have won three of those games, and were in every single one.  

Pete Carroll is not the most respected coach but he's got these guys playing terrific in transition.  Run the ball, play solid D, lean on Russell when it's appropriate.  Say what you like but the recipe is here, they are a few parts away from being elite again.  And I think they can beat anyone, on any given Sunday.  :banned:@Hooper31 @seahawk 17 @The General

@Doctor Detroit: Explain “would have won three of those games”

Edited by Just Win Baby

Reading through the last few pages I see a pretty solid split of “the Seahawks rule!” And “the Seahawks suck!”

based on the MN game, I’ll say this: that was two teams playing really badly. Bad enough it got the Vikes OC fired. playcalling by the Vikes that had virtually none chance. “3rd and short PA rollout waiting for something deep to develop throw it away fail plays” over and over again. Just terrible play calling. 

Russell Wilson is a magician. I am a fan. Dude’s a baller and I will take nothing from his game, nor will I put him down. But it’s always worth pointing out that every time you see Wilson make an unreal play, it’s the result of a terrible OL that allowed the defense to get way too much pressure way too early for anything to develop downfield, or even short)

by the 2nd half, MIN defense was so gassed from SEA’s TOP (because again, MIN O couldn’t get out of their own way with awful play-calling)  that they could run & get the edge at will. Which is exactly what they did. 

What'd wilson finish with, 79 yards? 

Seattle is a 1-and-done in the playoffs, IMO. While they have some pieces, they’re not as good on defense as the Vikings made them look. 

Not hating on the Seahawks - I’m not a fan for sure, but I do try to be unbiased in my observations. And that was an ugly game played by two ugly teams. 

8 hours ago, The General said:

...Carroll. Great dude 

Other than the whole USC cheating thing and bouncing to the pros just before the poop hit the fan after saying for a decade “why would I ever leave college?” you mean?

Let’s ask Pete. Mr Carroll, what do you have to say to those who accuse you of being deeply involved in the USC cheating scandal? 

PC: “chew chew chew chew chew chew”

4 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Other than the whole USC cheating thing and bouncing to the pros just before the poop hit the fan after saying for a decade “why would I ever leave college?” you mean?

Let’s ask Pete. Mr Carroll, what do you have to say to those who accuse you of being deeply involved in the USC cheating scandal? 

PC: “chew chew chew chew chew chew”

Stay and deal with that or go work for the richest owner in pro sports who will build whatever you ask. Hmmm, tough call. Does that make him a saint, nah.

Big time college football is pretty gross, don’t want to see the sausage made there.

Can’t think of another HC I’d rather hang with for the day. Saban, Bellichick, yawn. Carroll hands down.

Great dude.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

19 hours ago, Doctor Detroit said:

Seattle is a very good team.  My hat is off to the coaching & the players.  They are going to be a very tough out for anyone & I mean anyone.  nice job Seattle Seahawks.

What the mutha ####?

Sets the all time team record for penalties. Yes, some bogus ones, but plenty of legit ones that meant they deserved to lose to the 40-whiners. First time in a long time. Embarrassing. 

7 hours ago, Deamon said:

Does Seattle rest their starters next week?  Or try to win to get the more favourable Cowboys 

They'll try to win. It's who they are. 

7 hours ago, proninja said:

I did see it happen. From the 300 level. Most fun I've had at a game in a long time.  :thumbup:

Wife was at the game with her office buddy. They were in front row at 5 yard line. Had a blast. 

One of the craziest stories in the NFL that continues to be ignored ...

CB Tre Flowers

Rookie that played safety through college. Forced into starting at CB all this season. Hell of a promising player that perfectly fits the mold of the prototype Seattle CB. This kid needs more media love. 

9 hours ago, Deamon said:

Does Seattle rest their starters next week?  Or try to win to get the more favourable Cowboys matchup?

Would they lose even if they rested their starters?

On 12/23/2018 at 11:00 PM, Deamon said:

Does Seattle rest their starters next week?  Or try to win to get the more favourable Cowboys matchup?

Carroll said yesterday in his presser that starters will play as they attempt to keep their momentum rolling. 

Very realistic to think they can beat Dallas, do have some doubts that win back to back road games vs good teams.

I do see them staying in the SB hunt now,  they are young.

At home I’d like their chances against anyone, in Chicago or Dallas I’m guessing around 2-3 point dog, maybe a bit bigger for Chicago. 

Losing Sweazy sucks.

Great season regardless and like the direction they are headed. Happy for Carroll, guy proving he’s a great coach yet again. MVP like season for Wilson. 

Where the hell is the official Hawks thread. The only other one I saw was from 2017 :kicksrock:

Dallas going to be tough. I think Seattle is a slightly better team but homefield in playoffs is huge.

Griffin injury doesn't sound good, hopefully that's some gamesmanship on Carroll's part.

2 hours ago, The General said:

Where the hell is the official Hawks thread. The only other one I saw was from 2017 :kicksrock:

Dallas going to be tough. I think Seattle is a slightly better team but homefield in playoffs is huge.

Griffin injury doesn't sound good, hopefully that's some gamesmanship on Carroll's part.

Last I heard he could of played, but they shut him down. I think we handle Dallas with ease, after that I think we are in trouble.

On 1/1/2019 at 12:24 PM, seahawk 17 said:

Last I heard he could of played, but they shut him down. I think we handle Dallas with ease, after that I think we are in trouble.

He's all good :thumbup:

This game should won by razor thin margins, need all hands on deck.

If it means anything,  95% of all those who pick games out there have the Seahawks winning the game.

Pete Carroll and Russell Wilson vs Jason Garrett and Dak Prescott

Yep, Seahawks.

Lots of confident Seahawk fans.....

This game could go either way.....I really doubt the Hawks "will handle Dallas with ease"

The difference with this Cowboys team from previous versions is the defense legit, and actually one of the best units in the league......Russ still scares me for obvious reasons, but our D should make it pretty tough on him......plus, the addition of Cooper has injected some juice into the offense......Dak needs to be better on his deeper throws....

Should be a good one....can't wait!

• Like 1

On 1/1/2019 at 12:24 PM, seahawk 17 said:

Dude I had to......

Hawks overachieved this season, and will be right in the mix next season.

The Seahawks offensive gameplans this season make sense if Russell Wilson missed the season due to injury.  To be that intentionally conservative (ie, inefficient and limiting the offense's upside) has been painful to watch.

Pete Carroll and that staff has to be given a lot of credit for the 2018 ssason, but if they keep Schottenheimer, and those weak offensive strategies, in place they deserve what they get moving forward.

8 hours ago, Manster said:

Dude I had to......

Hawks overachieved this season, and will be right in the mix next season.

Ha ha, it's all good. 

2 hours ago, trader jake said:

The Seahawks offensive gameplans this season make sense if Russell Wilson missed the season due to injury.  To be that intentionally conservative (ie, inefficient and limiting the offense's upside) has been painful to watch.

Pete Carroll and that staff has to be given a lot of credit for the 2018 ssason, but if they keep Schottenheimer, and those weak offensive strategies, in place they deserve what they get moving forward.

Mark Schlereth was on Cowherd's show this past week and said that Pete Carroll directly told him that they went back to a run-heavy offense after week 2 this past season when they realized that being too pass-happy was not playing to their strengths.  I have to think that that said more about their lack of legit pass catchers than it did Russell Wilson (Baldwin was hurt at the time and Lockett was their only healthy pass catcher worth a darn). 

2 hours ago, Ghost Rider said:

Mark Schlereth was on Cowherd's show this past week and said that Pete Carroll directly told him that they went back to a run-heavy offense after week 2 this past season when they realized that being too pass-happy was not playing to their strengths.  I have to think that that said more about their lack of legit pass catchers than it did Russell Wilson (Baldwin was hurt at the time and Lockett was their only healthy pass catcher worth a darn). 

I don't agree with this logic whatsoever.

First of all, in the first 2 weeks this season, SEA played @DEN and then @CHI. Two teams with strong pass rushes and strong defenses overall, especially in week 1 (read: healthy).

Consider what coaches like Payton, McVay, Reid, Pederson, Nagy, et al. would do with the exact same personnel. I think they would:

• Play faster tempo = more plays
  • Be less predictable in their playcalling
  • Pass more and run less, something like 55-57% pass plays
  • Use Wilson's mobility more = more RPO, rollouts, bootlegs
  • Use RBs and TEs more in the passing game to force the defense to pay attention to them
  • Use more misdirection to keep the defense off balance

It's not rocket science... it is modern offense. Wilson is their best player, and they would build the offense around him.

Seattle is the only team in the league that seems to willingly, if not eagerly, accept less efficiency in their offense than they could have based on their talent. Frankly, it is bizarre.

But this is Carroll's philosophy. This is Peteball. I don't think Brian S is a good OC, but I do think that he was just implementing what Pete wanted this season. And, now that Carroll got a contract extension, we can probably expect them to waste another few years of Wilson's prime with more of the same. :thumbdown: 

Carroll does his thing and is slow to change. That can be great but can also limit you.  I wouldn’t trade him for many in the league but it can be frustrating watching in games when it seems obvious they need to mix it up a bit, just try for a series, Pete!

Like where they are headed though. Need to hit on this draft.